size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
04-17-2022, 11:30 PM

It was getting close to evening.  There were a lot of hours in the day when Chade and Ricin were no longer next to each other all the time.  It was technically a good thing but there were times Chade missed the ‘good old days’ which had felt so horrible at the time.  There had been a lot of fear and danger back then.  They had questioned if tomorrow would ever come.

Those days had also built a bond nothing could ever destroy.  They had learned to make every moment count and know the true value in living.  The true value of family.  Things had been simple, hard yet simple.

Still, they shared the den to meet up at night and keep their bond strong.  Life just pulled them in different directions by taking up different roles in the pack.  Ry and he weren’t kids anymore, at least not in Chade’s mind, and there was work to do.  It was better being here though.  Chade realized while soft sound still jerked him awake he was quick to go back to sleep realizing it was safe.  Even though he hunted there was no fear of starvation if the hunt failed.

Coming up to Chade he shoved his head into his brother’s lighter coat, “Hey Ry, how was your day?  I went hunting sheep in the mountain today.”

"Chade & Ricin"
[Image: 8dxR4AS.png?1] [Image: hnKjKwF.png?2]

Ricin

"Born In Suffering; Built with Love"

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

Master Intellectual (270)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - PansexualSamhain 2022TeacherDouble Master1K
04-18-2022, 08:17 PM
Dusk paints the sky with vivid colors as Ricin makes his way across the island. A smile beams out at the world as moves toward the den the brothers use, the news he has for Chade  almost too much for the lighter boy to contain. The brothers have both thrown themselves into learning their trade and working to become masters at them. This meant more and more time apart but Ricin knows that their bond is strong. Every night the brothers still curl around each other to sleep and, as he drifts away into dreamland, body pressed against Chade’s, Ricin knows that nothing will ever keep them apart.

The dark form of his brother appears and the lighter boy veers off course to intercept him, paws pulling into a trot. Happily, he calls out, “Ny!” They meet and Ricin throws his front legs around his brother’s neck, nose nuzzling the fur near his ear in affection. Chade buries his own face in his lighter coat. When the darker boy asks how his day went, Ricin grins and releases his hold around Chade’s neck so that he can sit in front of his brother. Before he answers the question, Ricin’s eyes widen and he asks, “Sheep in the mountain? Was it difficult? How did you catch them?”

Body wiggles as he can no longer hold in the news and the lighter boy blurts out, “Ny I have some great news! Okay, so you know how I talked to Manea the other day about becoming Rimor and the task she gave me? I found the perfect place! I called Manea out and showed her around and guess what?! You are looking at the first Rimor of the Elysium pack.” Chest puffs out in pride as he looks to Chade, the huge smile back on his face. After a moment he adds, “Maybe you should ask for a promotion too Ny. I mean, you are the best hunter I know.” He nods his head sagely before waiting to see what Ny thinks of the whole thing.

"Chade & Ricin"

Chade

Elysium
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Ranger Ranger

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

04-18-2022, 09:19 PM

Chade could have answered on the sheep but it would keep for another time. Ry was practically bouncing all over with news, maybe not literally, but he surely wanted to by the look. “Ok,” Chade got the word in when Ry mentioned news but then just grinned and gave up.  No need to answer right now, Ry didn’t need encouragement to share.

Chade contented himself to nodding in response to being asked if he remembered their last talk.  He was quickly starting to get the idea of what was coming but he wouldn’t congratulate his brother until he heard it for sure and let Ry have his fun telling him.

When the words came out Chade’s grin grew, “I knew you could do it Ry.” Chade placed a paw on his brother and added teasingly, “when we were small you were always great at roaming out of sight and finding all manner of things, occasionally even good stuff.”  There was no sting in the words even if sometimes Ricin had found trouble instead of things that helped.  “Really though, you been working hard and you’re really good at finding paths.”

Acctuallly… “You should come with me to the mountains at some point.  We don’t need to hunt but you would love,” emphasized heavily on the ‘love’, “the crazy paths I found.  Lot’s of ways to fall and hurt yourself if you aren’t sure-footed.  I know you’ll be fine up there of course.” Yup, best fun ever to hunt there.

The notion of promotion had the smile fade as Chade looked thoughtful, “I’m really good at hunting,” Chade agreed somberly with no sound of boasting, “but I’m so much younger than others that hunt.” Sure, Ry had done it but for all Chade was the stronger of the two he was also always the more grounded and thus it took longer to follow a dream which didn’t mean the only way to survive.  

It was a fun idea and Chade would be lying to say he hadn’t already considered the idea.  “I don’t want to mess up or make a mess of things, ya know?”  

"Chade"

Ricin

"Born In Suffering; Built with Love"

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

Master Intellectual (270)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - PansexualSamhain 2022TeacherDouble Master1K
04-20-2022, 09:22 PM
Ricin had tried to be kind and listen to what Chade had to say about the mountain and its sheep but the news he has to share is just too big to keep to himself. Life had started out rough for the brother’s but, with this promotion, it feels like the boys are turning a corner. No longer do they just exist from day to day, they are now flourishing and finding where they belong within the pack. At least, that is how Ricin sees. The pale boy watches his brother’s face as he shares the news, the grin on Chade’s face makes the lighter’s boy tail wag. Praise is offered and he takes it, reveling in the warm feeling that spreads through his chest. The words that follow the praise are met with a grimace, memories scratching at the back of his mind of trouble and not so smart ideas. Still, there is no sting or reprimand in them so the lighter boy brushes it off quickly.

When his darker half invites him to go to the mountain, Ricin feels his brows lifting in surprise even as head nods in vigorous acceptance. He misses the adventures that they went on, the small, hidden gems that he would find for them. The pull to run along the crazy paths and race Chade up to the peak tugs at him but Ricin stifles the urge to run there right now. Besides, there will be plenty of time for that later. Dark dipped paws dance in eagerness as the pale brother says, “That sounds like fun! When can we go? Tomorrow? The day after?” Ry will hold his brother to the promise of a brotherly escapade. When he suggests that Chade ask for a promotion too, he sees Chade’s smile fade and he comes up with some excuse about age. Then he explains about not wanting to mess things and Ricin gives his brother a knowing smile.

Without a word, Ricin offers his brother an affectionate nuzzle on the side of his face, a silent show of understanding and solidarity. When he steps back, he gives his brother a small smile as he says, “Age has nothing to do with it, Ny. You are talented! Manea will see and appreciate that. As for not wanting to mess things up…” shoulders offer a small shrug and his smile grows in size as he continues, “Life’s about learning Ny. Mistakes happen and we live and learn. Look at me, I made how many mistakes and now, here I am!” He laughs in genuine happiness; the twists life has given the brothers are being met… and conquered. Face takes on a thoughtful look as he adds, “You know, Manea is a very smart wolf.  I don’t think she would promote you if she didn’t believe you are up to the task. Also, she wouldn’t set you up fail either.” Another shrug before he finishes, “Maybe it’s time to let someone else make the call, Ny. You have always been hard on yourself. Just… trust your skills.” Ricin smiles to his brother, eyes bright with hope and happiness.

"Chade & Ricin"

Chade

Elysium
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Ranger Ranger

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

04-20-2022, 10:03 PM

Ricin and Chade truly haven’t enjoyed a good brotherly outing in too long and as he watches Ricin also gets enamored by the idea it's already set in stone.  “Whenever you like Ry, anytime.  Tomorrow if you want.”  It’d be fun and with no fears.  When had the two hung out together since they had learned how to take care of themselves?  It was past time for this.

Ry was always the optimist and the one who had the most faith in Chade.  Ry had believed in Chade even when he’d lost faith in himself.  When Ry was scared Chade put on a brave face but when Chade was scared Ry had real faith in him.  Really, Ricin was something special.  “You know Ry, you really are pretty amazing.”  

“Well, I am a pretty good hunter,” Chade drawled out, “I’ll uh think about it.”  A pause then adding, “I’ll do it but after our day out together.  I want you to be the more important priority first.”

"Speech"