gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Acacia
04-20-2022, 12:27 AM

All of the killing and hunting and protecting the pack lands made muscles sore. Especially for a wolf as lightly aged as Merrick. He was like a fine wine and got finer by the year. Everyone needed a break now and again, however. He'd been informed of the nearby hot springs and had decided to make a little day trip to soak up the heat. Surprising even himself, he invited Relm along with him.

Relm had fought beasts with him. He'd saved her life and she had saved his. She wasn't very womanly. 'One of the guys' was the way that he looked at her. She'd been killing things right alongside him, so he imagined she deserved a rest too. Besides, getting into the springs would get her out of that damn cloak that he'd come to hate.

Arriving at the bubbling, sulfuric springs, Merrick wasted no time in choosing a nice, big pool. the purple marbled brute slid within, not bothering to test the water temperature first. It was... hot. Scarred lips pursed, but he soon acclimated to the heat. With a sigh of pleasure, Merrick seated himself upon a natural stone shelf within the water. The steaming water reached his chin, but the brutes head was held comfortably out of the water. He waited for Relm to make a move, red and blue eyes fixed on her, curious which pool she would choose.

"Merrick Mendacium"
[Image: 9F8cjvQ.png]
Merrick is the most adult character that I have.
He is a walking trigger warning.
He regularly indulges in rape, murder, womanizing, pup murder and so much more.
Please DO NOT READ HIS THREADS.

Relm

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth
Pride - BisexualMammoth Hunter1KCritical Fail!
04-20-2022, 12:50 AM

Relm was secluded by nature, but as she was finishing up a patrol Merrick had invited her outside the pack lands. She had figured he may have wanted help with a large hunt or something of the like even while they moved further inland. It seemed to change when they arrived at the springs.

She wasn’t so naive to think they would be setting a trap or anything here. She couldn’t help but feel a little uncomfortable as they ventured through the cluster of pools. But really what no one knew about Relm was how adventurous she could feel. She may have been a little tense and awkward, but as she watched Merrick lower himself into one of the pools she couldn’t help but wonder exactly why he brought her here alone. Maybe it was silly for her to think so, maybe he was truly trying to get to know her or just offer her some time to relax. She couldn’t get the thoughts out of her head though.

With the pull of her claw she untied her cloak that she had been wearing when Merrick gathered her, and what she was always wearing. She slid the cloak off, leaving it as she moved into the same pool with Merrick. She stayed on her own edge of the pool though, her paws up on the stony edge while she slowly lowered herself into the steaming water. With her back exposed to him, it revealed the permanent marks Alastor had left on her, marks she honestly forgot she had most of the time. She didn’t say anything or even look at him, but she couldn’t help but wonder if Merrick was thinking of her.

"Relm"
F2U base by AshKatu

Merrick

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Acacia
04-20-2022, 06:52 PM

The old bones of the big man rejoiced as the warmth of the spring seeped into them. The day was one of the few frigid days that they'd had this autumn and while they were walking, a few rogue snow flurries had fallen around them. The cold make Merrick's joints ache just like the chill and damp of the ocean had. Living in Elysium through the winter was going to be rough. Pity Manea hadn't built herself a summer home somewhere.

Merrick hadn't seen the confusion or anything else on Relm's face because he simply wasn't looking at her. They'd arrived here. He'd gotten in the water. She should know what to do. The woman wasn't a baby and he didn't need to hold her hand or explain every little thing to her, did he? If she didn't want to get in, she didn't have to get in. He would be enjoying the warmth of the healing springs to it's fullest though.

The sound of moving water brought the man's dual-colored eyes opened just a crack and he watched as Relm submerged her now uncloaked body in the same pool, but across from him. The brute grinned, his lips partially underwater. Raising his head just a bit, he gave a compliment where it was due. "Much better without the cloak."

"Merrick Mendacium"

Relm

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth
04-20-2022, 07:34 PM

Relm had slowly dipped herself into the pool as her skin got used to the temperatures and eventually she was relaxing on the bottom still with her paws up on the edge of the spring. Maybe it was normal for her, or rather anyone, to act as weird and anxious as she was. She wasn't totally crazy but she had been diverting her eyes from him and staying as silent as she could. Nothing new for her maybe, killing things with Merrick was much easier than lounging in a pool with him. It would have made more sense the other way around, not for Relm though.

Her cheek turned toward him carefully as he spoke, just a small smile over her maw in response. Not getting any closer towards him, but turning her body just a little more in his direction so she could look at him more comfortably she asked, "You think so?" Her tone edged more on a joking side, but really she took his words more seriously. She had only been really intimate with Alastor, and she had been a little physical with Kichi. But never had she thought of receiving a compliment like that even if the most gentlest of. Merrick was not a stranger, just not someone she knew so deeply or at least he didn't know her as deeply either. So it did strike her some sort of way. She was young, she had missed out on the more early days of puberty where she could have been fawning over boys or something like that. There was a part of her that felt like some teenage girl looking for admiration, but she was a lot more mature than that. It had manifested itself into some sort of experimental and wondering side of her. It just took her by surprise to think Merrick may have been looking at her, now or anytime before.

"Relm"
F2U base by AshKatu

Merrick

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Acacia
04-22-2022, 09:20 PM

Merrick gave a little wiggle in the water, situating himself upon the shelf within the pool. After Relm got in with him, the brute's eyes closed once more. He knew where she was. There was no reason to keep them open. He had noted her smile though when he made the comment about her cloak. A soft huff left the purple brute. "Yes," he replied simply. He didn't believe in hiding oneself and her explanation as to why she wore the cloak hadn't been satisfactory. If you were brightly colored, you learned to hunt in different ways. You crafted traps and used that brightness to scare prey into those traps. You didn't hide it. He wasn't her mother though, so he wouldn't tell her what to do or not to do, he would only make friendly suggestions.

"It's been a long time since I've been able to enjoy hot springs. There aren't exactly many of them on a ship," he explained, joking drily. "Hot springs are good for the muscles and bones. Perfect for fighters and hunters like us, no?" The man was feeling a little wordy today, it seemed. At least he gave somewhat of an explanation as to why they were here. "Besides," he joked again, his red eye cracking ever so slightly, "You're the only one in the pack that I know." That was no lie. He wasn't exactly social. So far, he'd only interacted with Relm.

"Merrick Mendacium"

Relm

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Chrono I

04-22-2022, 09:49 PM

Relm perked lightly as Merrick spoke. She wasn’t much emotional aside from her clear anxieties but her attention was wholly driven on to him. "I’ve never been able to enjoy the springs before." She spoke rather quietly, "I suppose you’re not wrong." Relm was feeling a little more relaxed in the spring since Merrick led her here. But she wasn’t completely mesmerized by them. Maybe if it had been a little different company. She had enjoyed the many past interactions with Merrick while fighting off predators. Maybe if he had been a little more suggestive, she would hint a little more too.

Relm’s eyes flashed down at the pool as Merrick’s slit open a bit. She only took a couple seconds before she went to move a little closer to him, careful not to disturb the waters too much. Not really invading his space, but closer beside him now, her eyes looked up a little daring at him. She was testing the waters. "What is it you know about me?" She questioned casually, a little humorously. They had spent some time together killing, but what was it that Merrick saw in her?

"Relm"
F2U base by AshKatu

Merrick

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Acacia
04-22-2022, 10:10 PM

Merrick's eye had closed once more, but he both heard and felt Relm drawing nearer. Curious. He wondered why she was doing that. Maybe the shelf was deeper where she'd been sitting and she needed to move closer to sit comfortably in the water. Either way, he didn't think much about it and continued to enjoy his soak.

Relm spoke jokingly and the man answered, but he kept his eyes closed while he did so. "You're a good hunter and an apt fighter. You're reliable. You aren't obnoxious or annoying," 'like most women' was what he left unsaid. "That's all that I need to know." He didn't tell wolves personal things about himself, so he didn't expect to hear them from others. Actions mattered and Relm had proven herself many times over during their times together. She'd saved his life and he'd saved hers. That put the woman a tier above the rest. Were they friends? No. Would Merrick choose the fae out of a lineup of all the Elysium wolves to accompany him anywhere? Yes.

Finally, the brutes red and blue eyes cracked open again, the hot water of the spring clinging to his scarred lower lip. "Why are you so interested to know what I think of you?" Was he calling her out? Yeah, maybe a bit. Would she answer truthfully or would she continue to dig and be cryptic?

"Merrick Mendacium"

Relm

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Chrono I

04-22-2022, 10:48 PM

Relm bit her lip slightly, not that he could see. Her eyes were a little wandering too, through the waters and along the stone banks. She was more than bashful to just the couple compliments Merrick gave her. She could have asked for much more, but being that she wasn’t close to most of the rest of the pack either the more casual praise was taken to higher levels.

He asked why she thought of the way he thought of her, which her voice skipped a beat before anything came out. "Well it’s just that no one has said these things to me before." Which was true. Alastor had shown her a level of admiration and desire all in their own ways. It wasn’t as deep but it was valuable to Relm as Merrick said these things to her. "I’m not really a crowd favorite." Maybe it was more the fact that she didn’t know Merrick very well that made it more than it seemed. All Relm did now was look up at his face with just a small desire for more. More emotionally, more physically, honestly she couldn’t even tell. But her pale gaze burned with something while she looked at Merrick. If only his eyes were open to see. Insecurities were still there, but it would appear that her more nervous nature had flattened out as she drew closer to him and looked at him in this way.

"Relm"
F2U base by AshKatu

Merrick

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Acacia
04-23-2022, 01:22 PM

Relm was truthful and admitted that, not only did she not receive compliments often, but that she wasn't a crowd favorite. The big brute chuckled, lips peeling back to flash teeth for a moment. The laughter brought ripples in the water, drifting away from his form to be intercepted and broken up by her own. "You don't know me well," the plum colored brute pointed out, "But I've never been well liked either. I doubt being here in a pack run by my little sister will change things." Anyone who encountered Merrick would instantly be able to realize that he was brusque and brash. He lacked the social skills that allowed others to like him. The thing about the man was... he didn't care if anyone liked him or not.

Merrick's slit eyes opened more, revealing blue and red orbs. He had realized by body pressure alone just how close Relm was, but seeing her seated beside him made the brutes eyes narrow suspiciously. What was she after? Was she playing the whore? That significantly lowered Relm's standard in his eyes. That made her just another woman. How disappointing. For a moment there, Merrick thought he might have made a friend, as silly as that was. "What do you want from me, Relm?" Never one to beat around the bush, Merrick came straight out and asked. If she wanted to be just a woman and was here with him for a fuck, he'd oblige. Their entire relationship would change, however.

"Merrick Mendacium"

Relm

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Chrono I

04-23-2022, 02:06 PM

Relm couldn’t sense the hint of disappointment Merrick had for her subtle actions. But she couldn’t help but feel like she wasn’t welcome anymore. With how close she had gotten, his nonchalant slit gaze was just not what she was expecting she supposed. She seemed to be the only one pushing moves forward. She couldn’t help but wonder how it would be with Merrick compared to Alastor or to the first man she was with. It was like this weird sort of natural curiosity, one that she was sure not to be satisfied with.

She gently spun away from him, putting her paws back up on the stone edge of the spring. "I don’t know." She spoke honestly whether Merrick believed it or not. She was a bit scared to move forward anymore, and she could push away that urge of desire. She pulled herself out of the pool, shaking off her pelt respectfully away from Merrick, "Nothing it seems." She looked back to glance briefly at Merrick to see if he was still in the pool. In which case, she would start heading back to Elysium without him.

"Relm"
F2U base by AshKatu

Merrick

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Acacia
04-23-2022, 02:24 PM

The woman, because that's what she was being, spun away from him with a confused look on her face. She made excuses and pulled herself from the pool. Merrick made no move to follow. It had been too long of a walk to soak for only a few minutes. Relm left and he stayed within the spring. He'd been kind enough to invite Relm, one fighter to another, to enjoy the springs that would soothe hard worked muscles. If she didn't want to utilize the springs... then whatever.

Merrick stayed at the springs all day. He soaked, napped on the bank, soaked again. The brute stayed at the springs overnight and set out back to Elysium before first light. He was in a decent mood and there was a pep in his step. He would act completely normal, the situation with Relm not phasing him. He was back to having no real friends, but that didn't bother him either. He'd never had friends before, so why start now?

"Merrick Mendacium"