Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-02-2022, 01:04 PM

Once more, she let out a howl.

Not for a hunting party, but one of an acceptable spar. Wren had been too focused on her skill as a hunter rather than fighting. It was an important skill to have. Especially since she was alone here. The young woman didn't have to pace for long, for the familiar sight of a young man came into view. She wagged her tail once at Ghoul.

"Fancy a fair spar?" she asked him "no maim, no death. Just friendly exercise? I haven't fought anything in awhile; I need to practice!" she chuckled in good humour, knowing the lad was a fair and respectable young one. He wouldn't be dirty about it. She eyed if his companions were with him. She hadn't met her own yet.

So she was obviously not going to use it.

"Speech"

Wren vs Ghoul for SPAR
Round 0/3
Size: Large
Build: Medium
Companion 1: Peregrine falcon, Female - Battle - NOT USING
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Intermediate Hunter
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
06-02-2022, 01:16 PM
He hadn’t planned on making his way toward the Battlefield. It wasn’t his usual haunt for spars - especially when he had a brother like Mac to ease his testosterone fueled angst. But Mac hadn’t been around today, probably off playing taxidermist with some new animal. Feeling the angst build up, he wasn’t surprised when he did cross the threshold of the barren and bloodstained field.

Nor was he entirely surprised to see the brunette standing there waiting. As if they had made plans. His own ruby gaze met her shimmering blues as his tail wags a few times. “I could use the practice as well,” Ghoul replied with a smirk curling the edges of his lips.

Without another word, the burly youngster burst forward with ears folded back and teeth pried to show his pearly whites. Heading straight toward her, Ghoul dart toward his right at the last second before shoving left shoulder toward Wren’s own left shoulder in hopes for a connection. As he leaned his weight in, he let his jaws open and aim to snap at her scruff. Nothing too serious, just a few bruises he hoped.

Ghoul vs Wren for Spar
Round 1/3
Size: Extra large
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Claw gloves
Defensive Battle Accessory: Wolf skull mask
Companion 1: Albino dwarf caiman, Female - Battle
Companion 2: Albino dwarf caiman, Male - Battle
*Companion 3: Albino dwarf caiman, Male - Battle
Skills: Advanced Hunter & Expert Fighter

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-02-2022, 01:25 PM

There was little time for words. Ghoul went right to it, colliding with her with his shoulder. Teeth aimed for her scruff. She felt the force behind it, him being larger than her. She shouldered him right back, trying to knock the lad off-balance. It was a losing shot, considering his size, but she was out of practice. He had to crane his neck to get at her though, there was hope for a speed run.

Wren felt his teeth at her neck, and he grabbed hold of her scruff.

She had tucked her chin already and when he came near her throat, she lashed out. Her muzzle snaked toward him, jaws snapping. The whole positioning was in his favour already, and she didn't like that. She aimed at the right side of his neck, trying to grab onto something - anything. But her direction was indeed just his scruff, not any meat or bone.

He was close, so there was also hope for some damage. Nothing untoward, mind, but friendly fighting. She tried to lift a paw and swat his face. Good thing she wasn't a feline; her claws weren't useful for such a thing.

"Speech"

Wren vs Ghoul for SPAR
Round 1/3
Companion 1: Peregrine falcon, Female - Battle
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
06-02-2022, 01:32 PM
He could feel the jarring motion of their bodies colliding. Bones rattling beneath skin and muscle as he shoved back. Ghoul felt she was trying to knock him back, but she must realize it wasn’t working. Even as his teeth went to grab ahold of her scruff, the warmth of her fur and skin between his teeth, he noticed her movements from the corner of his eye.

Teeth whipped out and aimed for his own scruff. Hair tugged and skin pulled as he left his neck open for her to grab. Not wanting to do too much, he braced himself to stop the pushing motion as her paw reached up to swat at him. He nearly laughed, but it was a good try.

Releasing Wren’s scruff from his hold, he used his own right paw in an attempt to wrap around the paw she already had in the air. If he could get a good hold of her, he could hopefully lean back in and really knock her off her paws.

Ghoul vs Wren for Spar
Round 2/3
Companion 1: Albino dwarf caiman, Female - Battle
Companion 2: Albino dwarf caiman, Male - Battle
*Companion 3: Albino dwarf caiman, Male - Battle
Skills: Advanced Hunter & Expert Fighter

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-02-2022, 01:38 PM

He fell for it. Ghoul tried to grab her raised paw, and she let him. But she wouldn't let him knock her off balance or trip her up so easily. She leaned forward, allowing her full weight to crash into his front. Her teeth grazed the back of his neck, teasing but also attempting to grip it firmly in her jaws.

She didn't do much of anything else, allowing her added weight to both humour and hinder him. Wren wasn't much dead weight but letting a good amount of mass fall on him. She knew if he pinned her it was over, so she opted to lean against his shoulder in a pseudo-dance of sorts. She still tried to hold onto his neck.

One paw wrapped around his back, draping and clinging. The other awkwardly was held by Ghoul.

"Speech"

Wren vs Ghoul for SPAR
Round 2/3
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

06-02-2022, 01:43 PM
Perhaps it was his own lack of skill or experience that had gotten the best of him. When he noticed that she let him grab ahold of her leg, he realized that he had made a mistake. Even as she began to let her weight fall into him, he had a mere second to react. Allowing her to pin him would be accepting defeat.

Gritting his teeth together as her own dug into his skin, he pushed back with his own weight. Forced together like two magnets as his own other paw swept up to wrap around her, they did indeed look as if they were dancing.

Their upper halves hanging in midair as he dug his back paws into the dirt beneath him. Leaning more of his weight into her, he hoped that his size would be the winning force in this shoving match.

Ghoul vs Wren for Spar
Round 3/3

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-02-2022, 01:51 PM

It was an awkward dance, but it worked. He could do little else than shove against her. She grinned through the bruising and subtle pain, holding his scruff tightly. Ghoul tried to shove back again, holding his ground against her weight. Thankfully he was larger, as stated, so it wasn't a big problem for him.

For her? She used all the energy she had to keep herself leaning against him. Wren let a bit more weight she held back go into him. Her paws tangled with his own as he wrapped around her. Refusing to let go until a clear winner was made. She didn't blame him. Both of them were inexperienced with sparring.

Maybe that'd change one day. Who knew what the future held? With her limbs tangled, it was a matter of holding on.

"Speech"

Wren vs Ghoul for SPAR
Round 3/3
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-04-2022, 10:06 AM

And the winner is...

Ghoul

Wren must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Wren :
Attack Roll: 98
Defense Roll: 33
Agility Roll: 85
Perception Roll: 11
Total: 227
Attack[98] + 15% Bonus[14.70]: 112.70
Defense[33] + 5% Bonus[1.65]: 34.65
Agility[85] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 85.00
Perception[11] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 11.00
Total[243.35] + 10% Bonus[24.34]: 267.69

Ghoul :
Attack Roll: 88
Defense Roll: 90
Agility Roll: 85
Perception Roll: 71
Total: 334
Attack[88] + 55% Bonus[48.40]: 136.40
Defense[90] + 20% Bonus[18.00]: 108.00
Agility[85] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 85.00
Perception[71] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 71.00
Total[400.40] + 20% Bonus[80.08]: 480.48

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-07-2022, 02:14 PM

Wren knew when she was beaten. "Enough" the brunette yanked herself away from the yearling, huffing and puffing. Her body smarted from the bruising that would no doubt perk up along her skin in the coming days. She wasn't loathed to admit he was a good fighter, for his age. But they both still had far to go to become masters. He just had a head start on her. "you win."

Despite feeling annoyed she lost, Wren did wag her tail. "You got good skills, Ghoul. Keep them up, yeah? See ya around." She turned and began to walk off, making damn sure not to show any weakness in a retreat. This wasn't for pack or rank, so she shouldn't feel bad about leaving. Ghoul didn't seem the type to draw out anything needless anyway. Eventually she disappeared into the horizon.

/end

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me