Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-02-2014, 09:43 PM

ooc: Any Glaciem peeps! Preferably either someone she hasn't threaded with in a long time or hasn't threaded with yet.

Ruby and emerald split-colored eyes traced the shining white rock that covered this area of the Glaciem territory. The noon day sun was high in the sky, shining down on the marble and making the gold veins in it gleam. It was certainly beautiful, but Athena didn't think she liked it as well as the Mile-High Woods. None of the less it was necessary to know all of the territory so here she was, exploring and learning all its ins and outs. She padded along the dry river bed quietly, her ears swiveling this way and that, listening for anyone or anything that might be nearby. She hadn't eaten yet today so if some prey happened to be near-by she wouldn't turn it down.

As if on cue She heard a rustling in the brush up ahead. She stopped mid step, lowering herself to the ground as she watched a rabbit move from one bush to another. A smirk crossed her muzzle as she crept forward across the few feet that separated her from her target. Pausing again, she waited till it poked its head out of the bush and she sprung forward. The hare never had a chance. Her tail wagged slowly, content with herself and her lunch. She settled down on her haunches, ready to dig in, when she heard a noise up on the river bank. She paused, her ears flicking at the noise. She looked up toward the bank, wondering who it could be...

Speech
Thought
Others

Eris

gems
size
build
player
05-03-2014, 02:39 AM

The tawny little woman had kept herself busy as fall began to dwindle into the upcoming winter, that would surely take over the land. Her russet, brown, and gold coat had began to thicken and become the consistency needed to keep herself warm in the arctic winters of the Glaciem Empire, though both her biology and her actual self had been busy, she had heard of the rumors of the return of Athena, the only female pup from the Isardis and Argent litter, the first litter she had helped deliver in the pack. Consequently, Athena was also the sister of Vereux, the young blood who was training in the art of healing. So when the lithe woman caught had seen Athena at the healing lesson that she had called, she had made a note to seek out the young she-wolf to see how life was going for her. Today, luckily she had caught the scent of the other woman and abandoned her own explorations to find her.

Her paws drew her to a river bank, the rocks shifting under her paws as she walked. Finally, she was within sights of the young girl, and her head raised, golden eyes seeking out the woman. There she was, and for a moment Eris noted fondly how the young wolf favored her mother in some ways, and her father in others. She had grown remarkably, and as Eris started down the slope towards her, she spoke in a warm greeting. "Good Day Athena!"

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-03-2014, 10:24 PM

The brown form of Eris appeared on the bank and Athena relaxed. Of all the wolves in Glaciem Athena felt the least tense around Eris. Had it been Sendoa or one of her many half-siblings, or even her mother Athena wouldn't have been able to relax like this. Maybe it was because the healer wasn't family and Athena didn't feel quite so... judged. In her mind she knew Eris was still an Overseeer, still held power around here, but something about her not sharing blood with her made it easier to be around.

"Eris," she called back with a small smile, giving a small dip of her head. She scooped up the hare she had just killed in her maw before turning and climbing the slope of the old river bank so she could sit up on the bank with Eris. She sat down her kill as she settled onto her haunches, hesitating for a beat before nudging the rabbit toward the Overseer with her forepaw. "Would you like it? I ate earlier." That was a lie, but she didn't want Eris to feel bad for accepting her gift.

Speech
Thought
Others

Eris

gems
size
build
player
05-06-2014, 06:08 PM

Oh, she was interrupting a hunt. Of course she was! Shaking her head slightly at her own foolishness, she moved to make her way down the bank towards the yearling, her tail wagging behind her, gently. She smiled at the young she-wolf's greeting, but went on to decline her offer of her hare with the same smile. "Thank you, but no thanks, Athena. It's your catch to enjoy." She spoke warmly. She drew herself to a halt near the younger girl, her hips coming to rest beneath her on the ground. Parts of Athena reminded Eris of her mother, which made the tawny woman wonder where Argent had gotten off too. She missed her friend, she needed someone to confide to. "How was your trip?" Of course the healer knew she had only just returned to Glaciem, and she wondered where Athena had went. Perhaps she had a story to tell?

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-07-2014, 08:36 AM

Athena couldn't say that she wasn't a little relieved when Eris turned down her offer. She pulled the rabbit back toward her before settling down on her stomach, holding her catch between her paws as she began to eat happily. She looked up from the hare, back to Eris, when the healer spoke. Athena paused her eating, licking her lips as she said, I'm not so sure I would call it a trip since there was no particular destination, but it was fine. I learned a lot. Had plenty of practice with hunting, tracking, and the like." She guessed that was really the only benefit she had gotten out of leaving besides getting to have some time to herself.

She paused, looking at Eris curiously, trying her best to wide the worry she felt as she asked, "How is my father doing?" While she awaited her answer she took a few more bites of her lunch, quickly finishing the hare. It wasn't a large meal, but it was enough.

Speech

Eris

gems
size
build
player
05-21-2014, 04:28 AM

She listened carefully as the yearling spoke, and nodded. Eris had spent plenty of time, as a rouge. You learned a lot about yourself and your abilities. She couldn't deny, though, that she was glad that Athena had returned to Glaciem. "I'm glad you returned safely." She spoke aloud, her head inclining slightly. She felt a bit more responsibility, with these three pups- Athena, Vereux, and Genesis. They were Argent's first litter here, and Argent vanished so shortly after they were born. Eris couldn't help but wonder about Genesis, had Athena ran into him on her travels? "Did you run into Genesis while traveling?" She asked gently.

An ear flicked back, as Athena asked about Isardis. "Your father is strong and is fighting off his illness. I have faith that with more rest, he will be better soon." She answered carefully. Truthfully, she didn't see the sickness taking the king down- rather, she envisioned him surviving easily. She'd seen less powerful wolves come back from worse.

speech here