gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
06-09-2022, 01:55 PM

Despite the wall that had recently been put up at the entrance of the valley, the morning sun still filtered right into where his bed was positioned. He did attempt to just move over his bed to the other side of the alcove, but the sunlight was persistent. Instead of just adjusting his schedule to being more of a morning wolf, he decided the better solution would be to put a skin over the entrance so there was no chance of light bothering him again. Besides, on the rare and seemingly improbable chance that he ever got another lady to stay the night with him it would give him some more privacy which was never a bad thing. He was currently outside of the cave that made up his den and storage room with two large skins laid out on the ground, eyeing the door and trying to decide if they were big enough. He felt like they were, but it was hard to tell and they were too big for him to hold up on his own.

"Ruga Amanto"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
06-09-2022, 09:54 PM

Mortis yawned as he made his way towards the pack's central spot. Passing the mouth of the valley as he entered the more secure territory cushioned between the mountains. He didn’t get very far before he noticed a red toned wolf standing before a den, with two large skins laid out beside him, looking lost in thought. “Ruga, right?” he asked as he walked up towards the other wolf. “Sorry, I don’t think we’ve ever been properly introduced, i’m Mortis” he said politely as he came to a stop before the red wolf and the skins.

He also looked at the skins, studying them for a moment before turning back to the blacksmith. “What are you doing, need a hand?” He wondered.

"Mortis Fatalis"

Ruga

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

06-09-2022, 11:31 PM

Ruga glanced up with a hum as someone approached him, his attention landing on the winged wolf that he mostly just knew as Sirius' son. A wolf with wings was hard to miss so he had certainly seen him around, but this was indeed the first time they had spoken. "Hey, yeah. Nice to meet you, Mortis." He had been too busy in theorizing ways to get these skins hung that he hadn't noticed Mortis approaching, but now that he was here—and Mortis was offering his help—maybe he could actually get this accomplished. "I'm trying to hang these over the door here, but I'm having a hard time guessing if they're going to be long enough. Could you help me hold it up in place to make sure? I've made some hooks to drive into the rock for it, but I don't want to bother with it yet if I'm just going to have to come up with some different skins." Once Mortis agreed he grabbed one corner and let the other male grab the other and between the two of them they could drag the skin up to the door, climbing up to have his front paws up on the stone wall and standing up on his back legs to reach. Pinning the skin up above the door with one paw he looked down toward the ground and saw the bottom edge of the rectangular skin skimming the ground. "Perfect!" he said with a grin before starting to get down and lay out the skin again. "Awesome, now just to get the hooks put in."

"Ruga Amanto"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
06-10-2022, 07:12 PM

The winged wolf gave the other an amused glance at the distracted greeting. It was clear the other was distracted by his thoughts. Thoughts he was quick to share as he explained what the skins were for. “Of course” Mort agreed, and as Ruga went for one corner, Mortis went for another. Holding it up against the door showed that the size was perfect. Ruga clearly agreed.

He helped Ruga lay the skin back down again. He seated himself as Ruga went for the hooks, waiting until the other wolf would need a hand holding it in place again. “Your dens coming along quite nicely” he commented

"Mortis Fatalis"

Ruga

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

06-10-2022, 11:53 PM

Ruga grabbed the metal hooks he had prepared and reached up to the top of the doorway again, beginning to tap them into the stone to create anchor points for the curtain. "Thanks!" he replied to the compliment he was given about how his new home was shaping up, glancing back over his shoulder between putting in hooks at Mortis. "Your father really focused on getting the forge back up and running as soon as possible so that really expedited things." The extra help he had gotten had been very much appreciated at least for time's sake and considering he had been dreading having to rebuild everything again.

Once the hooks were in place he hopped down again and double checked that he had gotten the width between the hooks correct to match the holes he had made in the top of the skin. "Perfect. It should be easy enough to just slip the holes around the hooks up there now. Mind giving me another hand?" He was lucky that Mortis walked by when he did and was so willing to give him some assistance. The two of them made quick work of finishing the project and now he had two curtains made of skins hanging over the entrance to his den. There was a slight gap between them, but that could be adjusted easily enough. "Thanks for your help. This went way faster than if I had tried to do it myself."

"Ruga Amanto"