gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
06-09-2022, 08:23 PM
After viewing the northern realms, the bear-shaped man decided to venture further in. Sybil had told him about some packs, but he wished to see for himself and not rely too heavily on the girl's words. Torben's weary body closed the distance between vagabond lands and a border. He stopped, leaning to the side briefly as if he threatened to roll over and pass out. Yes, he had indeed pushed himself too far... Barely resting after his shipwreck, he had nightmares about drowning. They'd go away, as all things do, but he'd accept their warning.

Perhaps water was not for him. Torben gazed across the moor, finding the space familiar. His tribe had built walls in a massive field, building upon natural cave mounds as they expanded. They had kept others out that sought harm for seasons, but welcomed travellers and traders with no malice. His red eyes glazed over briefly before he shook himself free of nostalgia. The albino lifted his head to the darkening sky, ringing a call for someone in the pack to greet him. He had questions about this community, and he would leave peacefully if given the wrong ones.

SPEECH HERE

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-09-2022, 10:54 PM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

Since the tiger attack, he’d been particularly watchful, and with the arrival of Lunira and Sädir, he had extra eyes on the wall during patrols. Lyr drifted above, eyes in the sky that was slowly drifting into the colors of dusk. Ardyn had slated Tel as his patrol-mate for the evening, but his course shifted from the rendezvous as an unfamiliar howl rolled through the ever-present miasma of fog and winter-frost.

Lyr circled out and drifted back, glowing black and white plumage leaving blue-white and red light-trails as he picked up speed and dropped to Ardyn’s withers, reporting in a soft croak, “A large albino male at the eastern passage. He looks to be alone.”

The King nodded then murmured back, “Find Tel and let her know to join me if she’d like to. This is a good chance for a lesson on greeting wolves at the border.”

The raven clicked is large bill softly in agreement and pushed off to search for the young woman, while Ardyn made his way toward the call, wending his way along a well-worn trail and pausing just within the last layer of mist, listening before he stepped into sight, regarding the tall, bear-like wolf with steady interest.

“Good evening, stranger. I am Ardyn Adravendi, Ard Rí – or High King – of Valhalla. What brings you to Valhalla’s wall?”

His voice was conversational—not overly friendly, not cold or aloof. Mismatched fire and ice eyes studied the male that matched him in height. Ears perking forward to take in whatever response the man had to his greeting.

Perhaps this was a wolf seeking home. They could use the numbers, certainly.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
06-09-2022, 11:17 PM
"Well met, High King Ardyn" the albino man began, dipping his head politely to the one of higher standing than himself. A king... some alphas called themselves titles that held little weight in the eyes of others. A king he may be to his own pack, but Torben knew it'd weigh less to another alpha. Equals, they may be, but not in standing. His tribe had little means for kings any more. They had evolved past this rank.

Ardyn was a windswept young man, too young to know much hardship. Torben wondered if the other was new to this role, or if he had been prepped at a young age. An heir to the pack. What was curious was that Ardyn spoke of Valhalla - the name a reminder of old gods in his tribe's religion. Did this young man have ties to his homeland? "My name is Torben" he added, continuing the conversation after a pause "I came from far, seeking a new start."

The wolf allowed this to sink in before continuing. "I'm of a sound mind and body; I mean your pack no harm nor do I wish to start any. I'd like to know about Valhalla before committing myself to it."

SPEECH HERE

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-10-2022, 04:24 AM

It was always a mix of both refreshing and surprising when a new face made no expression of shock or a double-take when they first clapped eyes on him.

Granted with how wolves had become in Boreas and Auster – and perhaps in lands beyond, who knew – those who were native to the two continents were somewhat used to the mutations and features of those who lived on them. He’d heard, if not personally met, of at least two wolves that had wings.

His muzzle dipped in a respectful nod of acknowledgement to the man – Torben’s – greeting and introduction, one ear tipping slightly to one side as a soft rush of wings announced Lyr’s arrival and the raven dropped to perch on the wall, head cocking to regard the pale man with interest.

“This is Lyr, my friend since pup-hood. New starts are always good.” He indicated the raven with a tip of his head and a smile, the expression widening slightly with the latter remark.

He took in the man’s self-assessment, eyes roving the large frame—a fighter, perhaps, though large and strong didn’t always mean warrior. The male was older than Ardyn, in his prime.

“Our values are that of unity, integrity, loyalty and honor. Valhalla has been here in the west of Boreas for generations in some form or another since it arrived in the Great Exodus from the Old Land of Alacritia after a great eruption decimated Alacritia. My forbears and one or two other packs were able to escape ahead of the worst of it thanks to a pack that was local to the volcano and felt the warnings. There’s a great deal of history, and I am willing to share it.”

His lips twitched in a grin, eyes twinkling within the glowing mask of fire and ice markings as he tipped his head, stating, “At current, we value ambition to better oneself and skills for the betterment of the pack. Working hard and working as a team. Challenging for a higher rank is encouraged, but the challenger should be fighting for the pack, and not just his own ambitions and personal gain alone.”

The young King let his haunches lower with a flick of his tail and flare of molten light as the long hairs settled over the frosty ground around his paws, and he continued with his narration, studying the male with interest.
“All members are expected to learn at least the basics of healing and fighting, even if they aren’t called to those skills. They should be able to defend themselves when out alone and provide their own first aid if injured in the field. This is just a small glimpse of our home and culture. Does it sound like something you could thrive in?”

Darkness had almost settled by now, but he had little trouble seeing the man’s features, and he watched them as he fell silent, giving the man time to think, consider, and make his decisions. He didn’t press further, content to wait.

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
06-10-2022, 12:23 PM
The land here was wreathed in mist. He took it in as the king spoke, letting his eyes wander but his ear twitched to let Ardyn know he was listening to him. Like any other place in Boreas, there was thick snow on the ground. No end in sight, just a forever prairie of white and more white. The raven dropped to greet the king, but Torben did not acknowledge it verbally; only a dip of his skull. He was a quiet man anyway, and did not waste words on needless things. Even words.

"I've no violent bone in my body" Torben began as Ardyn finished his speech, red eyes drifting back to the other man "but I know how to defend myself, and others, if need be" Especially others, over himself "though I am not much of a healer" he admitted, shaking his head "scouting, navigation and mapping is a skill of mine. Passed down through my forefathers, who travelled the world in search of a home." He considered his next words before accepting what he required to say to the king.

"I've no aversion to learning and growing from hard work. My people were settlers, farmers and craftsmen. I hunted to provide for my family, and traded to access what we didn't have... I've never belonged to a pack. We were tribesmen" Torben knew that wolf instinct was to join packs, but his people never had a need for them. They grew out of the term over years "but I accept change" The dire wolf lifted his head, meeting Ardyn's eyes "and I've room to grow, myself."

He briefly hesitated before continuing. "If Valhalla ain't a place for me... am I free to leave without fuss?"

SPEECH HERE
1/3 explore territory (druid's moor)

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-17-2022, 05:52 PM

The young King listened with interest as Torben spoke, explaining a bit about his skills, past and culture. He demonstrated a decent level of humility, and Ardyn smiled at the admission of room to grow. Where was that family now, he wondered? Natal family? Or a wife and children… or husband?

The man’s question was met with a nod and smile. “We will never force a member to fight for their release. All we ask is that we’re told you’re moving on, so we aren’t left worrying that you were simply in the field and badly hurt or taken by slavers. It makes no sense to make someone stay in a place they don’t love, both morally and strategically. A resentful packmate is a threat with inside information on resources and numbers, and overall health of the pack.

“On a related note, if you do move on, what happens in Valhalla, remains in Valhalla, at least in terms of what we have or don’t have for resources and the health of our people; there are certain packs on these continents that are prone to raiding. If you come across someone who you feel would thrive here, you are welcome to point them this way.”

His mismatched fire and ice gaze was steady, meeting Torben’s easily. His words held no tone of implication; he was simply stating information that needed saying so that neither of them could say they hadn’t warned or been told about that detail.

His head cocked slightly in thought before he mused, “We can always use scouts, though generally those I’d assign tasks regarding gathering information on other packs would be more nondescript in appearance; however, it’s always good to know more of the land around Valhalla. I have plans to expand our borders in the future. There aren’t many lands in the west that are hospitable, and our neighbors already inhabit the lake and the ravine to our east.”

He regarded the older wolf keenly for a beat, then stated, “If you’re willing to settle here, would you be open to a spar later so I can assess your skill?”

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
06-18-2022, 01:13 PM
He squinted somewhat, pondering the king's words. For a few moments, he was still. Either listening or thinking, perhaps both. Torben finally gave a short nod to Ardyn. "Aye" he replied "I've no problem with sparring once settled in" he managed to lift himself from his sitting position, standing tall but equally with the other man "yer terms are reasonable to me" he would say gratefully, dipping his head fully this time "like said, I've no experience with packs. Wherever ye need to place me, I accept the rank."

No other wolf had come to confirm or deny Ardyn's claims of Valhalla. Torben could only trust the king's words were true. It mattered not, if he did indeed leave on his terms - Ardyn would be proven a liar or an honest man when that time came. Or if it didn't? Would he settle in Valhalla happily? "Consider me yer wolf, High King Ardyn" he added, his head slipping upward to stare directly and - he hoped - honestly at Ardyn "for what that is worth." He did not move over the border, waiting to see if he was indeed accepted here.

SPEECH HERE