Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-09-2022, 09:36 PM
The hunt was over, and she roamed her new pack's land. The woods were familiar to her now and she felt comforted by the presence of the populated pack. While she only knew Basilisk, Ruga and a few others... She knew they could come to her aid if she was in trouble. Possibly. Hopefully. Potentially. She breathed a sigh, her breath coming out in wisps.

That's when she noticed him.

A huge wolf, yeah. She knew Armada had them big. But he had wings. She'd never fucking seen a wolf with wings. Staring openly with her mouth slightly askew, she didn't realize he spotted her. Gah! "S-Sorry!" she blurted out in case he was sensitive "I... I never have seen a wolf with wings. Uh. I'm sorry, it was rude to stare." Damn it, she was blubbering.

Way to go, Wren. Make your packmate feel bad.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
06-10-2022, 06:47 PM

Mortis hopped down his tree-based home and landed on the cushioned floor below. He shook out his coat and stretched his wings until he heard a satisfying pop. He trotted into the woods. He spent much of his time out here, and found he enjoyed the strange maze of leaning trees. It was almost built for a wolf like him to feel the air through his wings.

He was just eyeing a leaning trunk when he heard the sound of steps. He turned in time to see the wolf as she moved out from behind a tree. He got a glimpse of brilliant blue eyes before they widened in shock, her mouth ajar as the shock rolled over her. He stood still, giving her a chance to adjust. She wasn’t the first to be shocked, and he knew she wouldn’t be the last. “It’s okay, it happens.” he gave her a small lopsided smile so she would know it was fine. “I get it, I’m one of a kind”

"Mortis Fatalis"

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-10-2022, 06:55 PM

She shook her head. "It's still pretty damn rude" Wren pointed out, frowning as her skull stilled. She looked directly at him, grasping the stories of winged beasts in lore. There never seemed to be a winged wolf - until now. And he was not from lore, but reality. She felt heat radiate from her cheeks as she admitted her mistake to him "especially since I'm new here." She didn't want to get on anyone's bad side.

One-of-a-kind aside, Wren saw him as just another pack member. The wings just threw her for a bit, having seen wonderful and amazing mutations in Boreas and Auster. But she was just a plain jane. Who'd want her when others existed? She shook the thought away, annoyed with herself. "I'm Wren" she introduced herself, giving a nod "I, uh, only know three wolves by name here. You aren't one of them." She flashed a joking smile his way. Ruga, Basilisk and Sirius.

She repeated them like a mantra.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-10-2022, 07:42 PM

Mort’s lip twitched in amusement. He’d spent so much of his life trying to please others he couldn’t find it in him to be phased by her surprise. Even if she did seem determined to apologise for it. He shook it off, and concentrated instead on the introduction. “Nice to meet you, Wren” he said instead, stepping closer to the blue-eyed wolf.

“I’m Mortis” He introduced himself. And then, because curiosity bit him he asked. “Who are the three wolves, then?” He had to assume one was Sirius of course. He doubted Azure had granted her entrance to the pack. But he might still be one of the wolves she had met. So who was the other? “And how are you settling in?” he added, his thought train reminding him that she was new.

"Mortis Fatalis"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-10-2022, 08:20 PM

Even if she apologised, she didn't want it to be long and drawn out. He accepted it and she gave him a grateful look. His remark about being 'one of a kind' made her assume he had an ego, but maybe that wasn't true. Mortis approached, introducing himself and she steadied herself after being alone for months. It felt odd and wonderful to be around a pack again. "My friend, Basilisk. Heck, he's really my only friend right now." There were some subtle mixed feelings about that. She liked Basilisk, but she could stand to reach out.

She smirked despite her turmoil. He hadn't really sought her out - or was aware of her in the pack - since she joined. "The alpha, Sirius. Uh, I'm guessing he's your father? He accepted me based on Basilisk's words, I think" Wren thought the resemblance was easy enough to tell. Mortis was older than Basilisk, for sure. But she moved on with a shrug "and Ruga, but he didn't stick around long. Helped me make a sheep pen for Armada. I hope to track and trap one so we can get wool soon."

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-10-2022, 08:28 PM

Mortis grinned at the mention of Basilisk. He’d had to wrangle the pup a time or two himself. “He’s a good kid, even if his dad tries to put the world on his shoulders” he shook his head, but moved on before he could get caught up in a debate over his brother. He and Azure very rarely saw eye to eye. “Good guess” He said with a nod, knowing the similarities in their coat would make it hard for him to deny his heritage. Even if sometimes he wished he could.

“A sheep pen is a good idea. I know dad’s got some ideas for building a chicken coop and all sorts” he said with an amused shake of his head. “Sounds like you’ve been kept pretty busy yourself since you joined. If you ever need a hand with anything, give me a yell” He offered.

"Mortis Fatalis"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-10-2022, 09:07 PM

Basilisk never mentioned his father. Not at all. Wren could sense there was some sort of... unresolved feelings. Maybe even a burden on her friend's shoulders. But he didn't speak to her about it. She could do nothing for him, give no advice, if so. And as his friend, she kept his secret about challenging for a higher rank. "I've not met his father" she confessed, wondering if she would want to "I don't think I could like him much if he does that to my friend. I... know what that's like."

She trailed off, shaking herself free of thought before moving on. She nodded to his offer of help. "Like I said, I'm new here. I know... some packs look to the newbies like we're less than them. If I work hard, maybe I'll get somewhere someday. Until then, I don't mind doing work. I think I'm the only Stalker right now... Can't be sure though." She shook her head with a sigh. Organizing pack hunts was one thing, but the building was another. She had less experience.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me