An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
06-12-2022, 06:42 PM

It was something a long time coming, something he would have approached sooner if not for the complex planning that had overwhelmed him and his pack since they'd decided to move into the northern Col. The youngest generation of Fatalis' were now yearlings, trained and battle-ready, and worthy of accepting ranks and responsibility. Unsurprising to the overly-biased Champion, certain individuals of his litter had gone above and beyond in their training and proven themselves ahead of others - the boys, particularly. Basilisk had been made to bear the weight of his father's high expectations since the day he was born, but the dark horse Levi had continued to surprise Azure again and again until no longer could he ignore the boy's natural talent and capabilities. Having two capable prospective heirs, Azure eventually concluded, was not necessarily a bad thing.

Seeing as the boy's sisters had shown a remarkable difference in improvements and innate ability, Azure had decided to hold these get-togethers separately, by gender. Makara and Morgawr would be pulled aside at a later date when he could be bothered to offer them a future - or when they showed the initiative in requesting one. Tipping his head back, he summoned his sons. It was time to see where their ambitions lie.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-12-2022, 07:17 PM
Basilisk had been struggling to be patient waiting for an official rank in the pack. He had participated in countless hunts, and let his grandfather send him on errands helping other wolves to build their dens and workshops. Learning and biding his time, as he tried to prove his worth to the pack.

When Azure summoned him and Levi, and it had an official feel to it, the young boy was quick to move. Trotting to his father and coming to a stop before the older (and shorter) wolf. He nodded his head towards his father in polite greeting. “Father” He said softly, and settled into a seated position in front of him. Waiting for the other to explain why he had called them here.

"Speech"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDerby WinnerBy the skin of my teethPride - AsexualHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
The Ooze Participant
06-13-2022, 04:04 PM
Levi couldn't say he spent much time with his sire or even his big brother. So when he heard the call he was somewhat surprised, took a moment to lean back on his hind paws and consider, predict what was about to happen. There was much to be done with the packs expansion and Levi had already taken a liking to the beach-like his Mother, he supposed-so he had a fair ways to go before his family came into sight. He had no trouble getting from a to b, he was dubbed the fastest pup in the empire after all. Not even a brag, just the truth.

Slowing to a trot and then a walk, he greeted his family with a nod and settled beside his big brother. Tall and small. One dwarfed by the other. Curling his tail around his haunches he shrugged his shoulders, letting them fall loose in a comfortable enough position. He'd never been the sort to sit to attention and he wasn't gonna start now.

Whatever Azure had to say, Levi was sure he'd be out with it soon enough.

[Image: dZNVqTH.png]

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
06-13-2022, 06:20 PM

The speed of which his sons obeyed his call only further solidified his impressions of them. While vastly different individuals and fighters, they'd both shown an exceptional desire to learn, improve, and grow. He nodded to each as they arrived, sat, and waited, a swell of pride forming deep in his chest as he observed the next generation of Fatalis heirs. "Thank you both for your swift arrival." He said simply, characteristically addressing them as he would any other member of his pack.

Azure paused, considering his words and eventually settling his eyes upon Basilisk. "Your work toward our move has not gone unrecognized. You do your pack - and myself - proud, thank you." Of all his children, Bas seemed to be the one most willing to work his paws to the bone. It was fitting as well, seeing as the boy was capable of single-handedly demolishing their food stores in his unprecedented growth. "I know your interests are varied and I would not force you to condense them. Today will be your opportunity to choose what you'd like to work toward and what you'd like to see yourself one day attain, but do not see it as a limitation. I respect and appreciate your ability to be versatile. It's a rare skill to be able to spread yourself so thin, yet not allow your work to suffer. The ability to juggle a multitude of tasks to perfection is an important one in an alpha and in an heir."

Turning his head from the behemoth of a yearling and then abruptly down toward his brother, Azure's attention fell upon the runt of the litter. "You have an exceptional innate ability and it's been clear to me since you were very young. I do not wish to discount you. Your showing in the Hallows' tournament was impressive, you should be very proud of yourself. However, I do not see the same level of effort from you as I do your brother. With the extent of your natural abilities, you could probably float through life as you are now - you've matched if not exceeded the skill of many of your elders as it is - though you would be squandering your talent. I would be disappointed to learn that you've become complacent before you've reached the ceiling of your potential." He eyed the boy carefully, recognizing his mate's influence on the boy's attitude and hating that out of everything, he'd inherited her ability to coast.

With a sigh Azure's gaze shifted, flicking back between both sons to address them together once more. "Both of you have come very far... but have further yet still to go. Each of you is missing something the other has perfected. You would do well to learn from each other." If he could only somehow combine both boys together, the resulting wolf would be capable of leading the Armada into anything.

Back to his smallest child, Azure's tone grew firm. Perhaps it was a mistake for little Leviathan to show so much potential, for had he been capable of flying beneath his father's radar, his expectations for the prince would be as low as they were for his daughters. "Levi, I hope to see you challenge yourself as your brother does. You've earned my attention, but where you go from here will determine whether or not you will keep it. While for many it is enough to simply reach their goals, to master their skill, and then to coast off of it for the remainder of their lives... it is not enough for a Fatalis. Aim higher than attainable, and then exceed it." Whether the small prince would accept the advice and strive to impress his father further was something Azure would need to watch for as the yearlings neared closer to adulthood.

"Basilisk, your brother has a quality I'm not sure you have. Intent to kill." He paused, gritting his teeth and struggling through the concept in a way that would be deemed acceptable and not psychopathic - it would do Basilisk no favors to saddle him with Azure's faults. "Your brother when he was small, forced me to concede a fight to him. It's a very rare thing for me to surrender to another, but he surprised me - he meant to cripple me." Lifting his paw, he displayed the underside of his wrist where the delicate tendon Levi had targeted lay. He eyed the small boy with a hint of amusement briefly, before returning to his lecture. "It's a lesson I won't soon forget, and it's a quality I've not yet seen you display. It is not enough to simply be well trained and capable of victory. You must find a way to compartmentalize that softness, as your grandfather has. He does not maim or murder indiscriminately, but he has the skill - and more importantly, the resolve - to brutalize his opponents if he ever needed to. If the day ever comes where you must be cruel in defense of your family, yourself, or your pack, your hesitation can cost precious lives. Don't ever forget that." Where Azure saw much of himself in the runt of the litter (and likely would have never admitted it even silently before today,) he could not help but see a shred of Mortis in Basilisk. It was not necessarily a bad thing, Mortis' exceptional skill at building lasting relationships was arguably Azure's greatest flaw. Only time would tell how that softness might impact his son, and while he would not seek to destroy it entirely, it was important that Azure could trust Basilisk to know when it was time to put his feelings aside.

Azure let his words hang in the air, absorbing the expressions on both sons' faces to ensure they understood fully the message he was attempting to impart to each. "Today you both will be given the opportunity to earn ranks of your own. Typically this is done with a challenge directed toward myself or your grandfather, but I have something different in mind." His head turned to mildly observe the valley around them, noting the space as clear to proceed. If Hana had been nearby, Azure had a feeling he'd be drug home by his tail before he even got to see the victor.

"Today you will fight each other for the privilege of rank and independence. This will not be a typical bout of dominance, I expect to see blood. I'm speaking to you now, Bas. This is a lesson as much as an opportunity. I want you to show me that you are capable of pushing past your love and loyalties to give yourself the best chance at victory." Azure knew as well as anyone that blood relations did not guarantee security and safety, and while Levi and Bas were not as close-knit as he and his siblings once may have been, the concept was the same. "Levi, your brother has been training longer and harder than you have. You are at a disadvantage, even with whatever natural talent you may have been born with. I hope Basilisk will provide a fierce enough opponent to show you the importance of effort. No matter how good you are, there may always be someone better. When a loss can mean death, it is your responsibility to work hard enough to ensure the odds are always in your favor."

Clearing his throat, he stepped back from the boys to give them ample space to prepare and initiate. When he spoke again, his words had taken on the chill of a command that would be unwise to ignore. "Under no circumstances will either of you permanently disable nor disfigure the other." Your mother would kill me. "You may begin whenever you are both ready."

OOC: This is to be a minor maim fight, judged officially, but with limitations. Azure does not want to see ears noses or toes torn off, nor does he particularly want either of his sons walking around with gruesome scars that might hint towards them being an insufficient battler. No time limit, no enforced default. Be nice, children!

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-14-2022, 12:19 AM

His father addressed him first, and he felt a burst of pride as his father acknowledged the work he had been putting into the pack. Azure went on, complimenting him further, and acknowledging his versatile skills. Wrought by the time he had spent with different wolves on the pack, and taking an interest in what they did. All of the hard work was worth it for that very moment. His father was not generous in his praise, and that made it worth so much more.

When Azure turned their attention to Levi, Basilisk sat at attention, his expression blank. It surprised him how difficult it was to listen to his father praise another. He wanted to help Callie work her way into their fathers grace, and for that he thought he would find pride in his siblings' achievements. His own jealousy, in turn, took him by surprise.

His father addressed them as a group then, telling them that the other had a skill the other lacked. His eyes glanced at Levi, wondering what he had, and what he was missing. He would find out exactly what that was with his fathers next words. He looked back at Azure, a faint impression of puzzlement making its way past his mask. Intent to kill? He did a great deal of killing. He had killed predators and prey alike in the name of the Armada. But as their father went on, he understood Azure meant something a little different. The ability to be aggressive to another wolf. to brutalise his opponents as his father put it.

He almost didn’t hear the rest of his fathers words. The tone a droning noise past his ears, as frustration and determination bled through. He would not be second to Levi. Not in anything.

His father wanted him to be brutal? Then it was clear what was expected of him. He set his stances, and that would be the only warning Levi would have. He launched himself forward at the other wolf. His intent would be to wrap his larger paws around the smaller wolf. The titanic wolf knew his biggest advantage was reach and weight.

Basilisk vs Levi for Minor maim (Removal of a quill)
Round 1/2
Size: Paleo species
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Shoulder Spurs
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Faux Wings
Companion 1: Peregrine Falcon, Female - Battle - Boosted
Companion 2: Miniature reindeer, Male - Battle
*Companion 3: Red panda, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Bone spurs - Defensive
Mutation 2: Elongated fangs - Offensive
Mutation 3: Feline claws - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDerby WinnerBy the skin of my teethPride - AsexualHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
The Ooze Participant
06-15-2022, 10:39 AM
Levi sat and listened, ears forward and eyes alert but lacking the attentive flavour his brother seemed to carry. The need to please, to drink in praise like it was fresh stream water. He wasn't at all surprised or bothered by the fact that their sire addressed Bas first, he'd gotten here before him and he was born ahead of him too. Seemed fair enough, no reason at all to get his tail in a twist. He'd never heard Azure speak at such lengths before, heaping praise onto his largest son before setting his sights on Levi.

Not entirely unexpected, as it was true he didn't put himself out there nearly as much as Bas seemed to do. It wasn't as if he didn't pull his weight, but he supposed he understood the angle the Champion was taking. The emphasis on effort, to try and do more not just because he could, but because he should. Pursing his lips in thought, Levi considered it for a moment. He saw nothing wrong with relying on his innate talent, but at the same time pushing a bit harder wouldn't kill him either. Not out of a sense of obligation or duty to his sire, rather the thought of bettering himself for his own and extended interests was something he was open to doing.

The short of it being: it wouldn't hurt to try.

Returning his attention back to Bas, Azure was quick to point out an aspect of Levi he rarely thought of. His viciousness, the intent behind his teeth and claws. He'd never taken a moment to think about the reasoning, why it was in his nature to fight as he did, but it was apparent Azure wished he could copy and paste aspects of his smallest son and imprint them on his largest. Maybe that's what it was about all along.

If he wanted them to fight to earn a title than so be it. It had been some time coming, a coming of age sort of deal where they finally shed the burden of puppyhood.

"Nothing personal, brother." Though he was starting to see the same clearly couldn't be said for Basilisk. Oh well, another weakness Azure probably ought to set his sights on at some point. His emotional vulnerability. But of course his brother didn't respond, not with words but instead with a looming reach as he attempted to make a grab at him. Predictable.

If Bas' advantages were size and reach, then Levi's were his swiftness and agility. His gaze pinprick sharp as he noted the shift in his muscles, reading the intention as they moved, made to grab him with his massive paws. Dipping aside, he felt a rush of air blow past him with the force of Bas' intended strike. Should he have gotten a hold it would have been difficult to get out, but not impossible. Instead of skittering away to gain distance, Levi simply adjusted the angle of his paws, swivelled back in close as he made to grab the line of his neck, just along the throat. Where blood ran thick and warm. Another issue with their size difference, Levi supposed, even with tucking his head it didn't help much when his opponent's angle of approach was lower than most.

Levi vs Basilisk  for maim (neck scarring)
Round 1/2
Size: Extra small
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Tail blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: Metal chest piece
Companion 1: Black Vulture, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Black Shiba Inu, Male - Battle
*Companion 3: Jerboa with spiked tail, Male - Battle - Boosted
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Raptor claws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Scruff spines - Defensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Expert Navigator

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-19-2022, 06:22 PM

Basilisk wasn’t entirely surprised that his first strike missed, though he had hoped to strike quickly enough as to catch his brother off guard. Levi didn’t move far however, leaning in an attempt to move just out of his brother's reach. Keeping close enough to make his own strike however kept him within the range of the larger boy's paws.

The Dire wolf Waited for his brother to come in for a strike. He attempted to twist his head to the side and put off Levi’s own strike. But whether he managed that or not, he would attempt once more to wrap his paws around the other wolf. His left paw was intended more to grab, but his right would try to slide across his brother's ruff. Moving in the direction of his quills in an attempt not to get caught by them, and extending his claws. His aim was to strike his claws across his quills and attempt to pull some free on his way past.

Basilisk vs Levi for Minor maim (Removal of a quill)
Round 2/2
Size: Paleo species
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Shoulder Spurs
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Faux Wings
Companion 1: Peregrine Falcon, Female - Battle - Boosted
Companion 2: Miniature reindeer, Male - Battle
*Companion 3: Red panda, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Bone spurs - Defensive
Mutation 2: Elongated fangs - Offensive
Mutation 3: Feline claws - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

The Ooze Participant
06-22-2022, 03:18 PM
He knew a simple dodge wouldn't be enough to dissuade his big brother, not when he so clearly had a bee in his bonnet. All worked up over nothing, like Levi's mere existence was some major slight against him, one that couldn't be tolerated. A flash of his brother's teeth had him leaning back, unable to lock on to his beck as Bas continued his twofold attack. Keeping Levi on his toes, making him think and premeditate before lashing out in return. He felt the dig of Bas' claws at the scruff of his neck, going with the grain as to not get snagged on his way. It was a risky move, but Levi rarely fought with safety in mind, instead of ducking out of the way as he should to free up his neck he simply doubled down. A

Aimed for his sibling's throat once more, teeth bared and ready to bite. He was fast, surely fast enough to take the risk.

Levi vs Basilisk  for maim (neck scarring)
Round 2/2
Size: Extra small
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Tail blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: Metal chest piece
Companion 1: Black Vulture, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Black Shiba Inu, Male - Battle
*Companion 3: Jerboa with spiked tail, Male - Battle - Boosted
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Raptor claws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Scruff spines - Defensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Expert Navigator

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-25-2022, 07:06 PM

And the winner is...

BASILISK

LEVI must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out. Basilisk's maim succeeds.

Totals:

BASILISK

Attack Roll: 82
Defense Roll: 89
Agility Roll: 88
Perception Roll: 53
Total: 312
Attack[82] + 105% Bonus[86.10]: 168.10
Defense[89] + 20% Bonus[17.80]: 106.80
Agility[88] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 88.00
Perception[53] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 53.00
Total[415.90] + 40% Bonus[166.36]: 582.26

LEVI

Attack Roll: 13
Defense Roll: 36
Agility Roll: 21
Perception Roll: 77
Total: 147
Attack[13] + 55% Bonus[7.15]: 20.15
Defense[36] + 10% Bonus[3.60]: 39.60
Agility[21] + 35% Bonus[7.35]: 28.35
Perception[77] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 77.00
Total[165.10] + 25% Bonus[41.27]: 206.38

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-27-2022, 09:40 PM

His sons gave no excuses and no argument, simply turning to each other and initiating the battle as directed. Azure stepped further back to allow them room to spar, a careful eye upon each to ensure he could step in if either boy moved to break his rule and escalate the maim. Both Fatalis children fought hard, working to exploit each other's weaknesses and win the battle. In the end, Azure was not surprised to see Basilisk declare his victory. "Good." He said sharply as the fight came to it's end. There were still things to work on from each, but they'd more then proven themselves ready for rank and independence. Basilisk's low-risk choice of maim was a mild concern, but one he'd address later. "Well done, the both of you. And congratulations, Basilisk." With a dip of his head he acknowledged them, paused, and moved into the next matter at hand. "Are either of you ready to declare a rank?" Azure's gaze flickered between each child in turn, waiting.

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-30-2022, 03:57 PM

Panting, and victorious, Basilisk released his hold on his brother and stood to attention. His eyes intent on his fathers, soaking in the praise as the other wolf delivered it. He had proved he had the strength to win, despite what weaknesses Azure claimed to see in him. “Thank you, Sir” He said, voice steady.

And then at last, the opportunity he had been waiting for. His father asked them for their ranks of choice, and he knew exactly what he desired. Would his father think him too lofty for the asking, or be proud of his ambition? “I would like the rank of Heir, father.” He said, eyes intent on Azure. He wanted to know [i] exactly [/b] how his father reacted to that.

"Speech"

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

The Ooze Participant
06-30-2022, 04:20 PM
The back of his neck stung, pin prick sharp, enough to make Levi grimace for a moment as he got used to the feeling. He eyed his quill littering the floor, like a pine needle and he idly flicked at it with his paw before turning his attention to their sire. He couldn't claim to be overly upset by his loss, nor did he feel any resentment starting to fester in his chest at the sight of his older brother. It was what it was, grudges were not something he formed so lightly and he'd done far worse to others. It'd be a little hypocritical of him, no?

He'd never thought about what rank or role he'd had, and even if he'd won he wouldn't have been haughty enough to ask for such a lofty title. Bas was more like mum than he knew, it seemed. Raising a paw to itch at his chin, he tipped his head a little-a slight Hana-esque mannerism- as he thought about it.

"I dunno, never really thought about it till now." He admitted, no shame in it and no honorifics. "Always seen it as someone points me at something and I do it, sort of deal." Very well and effortlessly, for the most part.

But he supposed there was much to do around the Armada and there'd be even more with the due expansion.

"Howler will be fine." He said eventually, wondering whether he'd be nudged in a different direction.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-25-2022, 02:13 PM

Basilisk was first, a fact that was fitting and not at all surprising to the Champion. He did not beat around the bush with his request, directly requesting the very role Azure had been grooming him for and had hoped he'd one day achieve. "Granted." He affirmed with a smile. It had been something he had brought up to Sirius in the past and the Warlord had not been opposed, for that reason Azure did not feel the need to consult with his father to make this decision. "You will be a fine Crown Prince, son, and so long as you continue the way you are, I have no doubt that the Armada will one day be yours." Azure had known as much from the day the behemoth was born.

Turning to Levi, the smaller Fatalis continued with the habit of under-reaching. Hadn't thought of a rank before now? Azure raised his brow but remained silent while the boy thought, and then spoke. Like Basilisk before him, Levi's words did not quite bring surprise... though they did bring concern. Azure chewed on the thought for a moment, and then posed a rhetorical."So you see yourself as a follower, rather than a leader." It had been his hopes that both his sons would strive for a rank of leadership, whether it was reaper, general, or ousting his brother as gladiator. Levi's request of Howler was ambitious in that he'd decided to skip the middling ranks entirely, but not as ambitious as Azure had anticipated from one of his blood. "You may join the ranks of Howler. Perhaps when you are older, you will find the drive to strive higher."

He let his words hang in the air, and then addressed the boys both together. "You've both done well, I am proud of you. Continue your studies, do not let the results of today make you complacent. You are dismissed, for now."

"Speech"