Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-20-2022, 07:08 PM

Time waited for no one. Not even a young wolf like herself. She still had eons to go ahead of her, it seemed, but at least Armada had her back. Wren entered the Battlefield - aptly named - in search of an opponent. A friendly spar is what she needed and required. If she was to be an alpha, a leader, one day... She needed more experience. Much more than her hunting skills.

She glanced around, spotting a figure in the near distance. Standing, she waited for them to come at her. Talk was cheap at times, but she could get behind it. If they wanted to set terms, she'd listen. Her ankles were covered with the bracers, and her peregrine falcon flew in the skies above her. She wasn't completely naked.

She would fight and make herself proud. Nobody else.

"she speaks"

Wren vs (opponent) for SPAR
Round 0/2
Size: Large
Build: Medium
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Bracers
Companion 1: Peregrine falcon, Female - Battle
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
06-22-2022, 02:32 AM
OoC:: I know I originally didn't want to post without a table but... >.> I haven't finished his arts and am too lazy to code the lineart version for now soooo here we go!

Winter had come, and as Beauregard had promised his family when he was young, within the season of cold, ice, and snow the yearling had found himself in the land of strangers. The chill bothered the boy little, his thick coat ruffled up against the winds, and the call of adventure drove him on. He had, in truth, passed by several lands since his birth season of autumn, but only now was he starting to feel like this could be the land to settle himself down within. He knew nothing of their ways, their cultures, their religions, but he would learn it all in the name of the Ravenwood family.

Like his elders before him, Beauregard left his homeland when he was a season old on a pilgrimage of sorts. A journey of self that could very well keep him away from his family forever. But Beau was not sad, nor did he long for the comfort of his parents. He was wide-eyed and eager to take on the world, to see what secrets she had to share and what opportunities were to be had.

As Beau made his way across the dry landscape his pale blue gaze searched the horizon. Above him, his feathered companion, a blue jay who had been with him since his birth, made her way in the skies. He was grateful for her; Trill had always been there for him providing an extra set of eyes and helpful insight as they grew together.

“Hey, Beau,” Trill called suddenly from above. “Look ahead, my friend.”

Beauregard focused his attention before him, seeing the figure that was growing closer with each step. His black-furred ears flicked forward curiously and his step took on a more cautious, respectful approach. The brunette woman appeared to be older than he was though not much beyond reaching her adult status. She was shorter too but Beauregard knew judging someone by their size was less than wise… his own aunt had been a wee little thing and spitfire at that.

Leather-wrapped limbs brought him closer to her until he stood roughly four or so wolf lengths away. He lifted his head slightly, curiosity in his pale blue gaze as his head shifted towards the right. He drew in her scent and realized there were others mingling with her own; a pack wolf. Then, after a moment to seize her up, Beauregard opened his maw to speak.

“Greetings, stranger.” Beauregard rumbled in common tongue. “You stand with purpose,” He noticed. “Are you by chance in hope of a spar?” Even as the words left his lips Beau could feel his body tingling with anticipation. He had not had the chance to have a friendly go at anyone outside his own kin and the idea thrilled him. His tone betrayed his naivety and his expression was one of excitement and a smile.

Could this first encounter in this land become not only his first spar but his first friend as well?

Beauregard vs Wren for Spar
Round 0/2
Size: Extra large
Offensive Battle Accessory: Curved blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather arm wraps
Companion 1: BlueJay, Female - Perception
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Intellectual

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-22-2022, 02:38 AM
Sirius didn't need to say it. Wren lacked confidence. How was she supposed to get a wolf or even wolves to follow her? When the male appeared, speaking courteously and politely, she couldn't help the shit-eating grin. Maybe she did stand with purpose, but she couldn't help but inwardly chuckle at his formality. "I am, and you answered" she replied easily, dipping her skull to him "feel free to say uncle if you... want me to stop!" She rushed him.

While she was mostly kidding, she noticed he was stacked with items of his own. With her defensive item and her falcon, she lacked a weapon. But a sharp whistle called Euryale to her, who dove straight at the large male's face. The bird shrieked and beat her wings as Wren came up from the side. Hoping to distract the man, she aimed a controlled bite at the side of his neck. She tried to hold on to gain leverage over him. But it didn't work sometimes, and that was just life.

"she speaks"

Wren vs (opponent) for SPAR
Round 1/2
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player

06-22-2022, 03:24 AM
The grin the woman gave him might have been a warning for a more experienced fighter but Beauregard took the look as mere confidence. His innocence, and naivety, left him unprepared for her initial movement, but Beau wasn’t completely green in the art of fighting.

Trill’s sharp cry pierced the air a split second before the woman finished her sentence and made her move. The Jay swiveled in the air, attention divided between both falcon and their wolf companion. Her heart began to thump in her chest and the bird questioned if Beau was ready for this.

Beauregard didn’t have much time to prepare, as he might have liked, but in a real battle, an opponent wouldn’t wait for you to be ready. His ears flicked back against his skull and he narrowed his eyes as he raised the fur along his body. He moved his head instinctively to his blade and took hold of the handle in his maw before taking a wide swing outward towards the falcon trying to get in his face.

Admittedly, Beauregard had never fought someone with a battle companion before… It was… different. In the wideness of his swing, he carried his front forward and outward, away from the bite of his opponent. But he wasn’t going to get away scot-free.

Fangs slipped past fur and slipped into flesh with mild puncture wounds as a result. Beau gripped his weapon tighter within his fangs in response to the pain. It was still something he was going to have to get used to when fighting others… and there was no time like the present!

Another call from Trill, a call that alerted the boy to where the woman was off to his side, was all he need. The bluejay had circled around to the area behind Wren and was watching her now, her dark eyes shining with concern for her companion.

Beau wasn’t going to panic; the moment he did that the match might as well have been over. He shifted his weight into his back legs and, knowing it would cause at least a bit more damage depending on how long, and if, she could keep her hold, the male swung his back half around so that he was turning counterclockwise towards her. He had taken note of her bracers, so an attack on her legs wasn’t going to be effective… however…

He wasn’t done yet. He was going to ignore the falcon and focus on the wolf before him. With the forelimb closest to the woman, Beau swept it in a crooked angle in hopes of catching Wren’s limb somewhere around the middle and yank her towards him. Even if she had managed to hold on to that point he was hopeful that the maneuver would catch her off-guard enough to release him, and then he could make an attempt on a comeback maneuver.

Round 1/2

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-22-2022, 12:58 PM
Little needed to be said further. He seemed to grasp her insistence for a fight before he was truly ready, but hey... A more dangerous wolf wouldn't give him a warning. It wasn't just him that needed that experience, but Wren too. She may have a bit of skill on him, but she wasn't going to treat this guy as a greenhorn. Fights always went one of two ways; win or lose. If she was indeed going to recruit and become a leader, she needed to show fearlessness.

She did notice the shift in his balance. He seemed to place weight on the back and not the front. His companion wasn't for fighting, too small, really. She didn't feel right making Euryale go after it, but the peregrine shot at the blue jay regardless. Abandoning the male, the bird shifted her attention to the small thing. Wings and body beat in front of the jay's face, attempting to obscure the view from its master. Euryale would not draw her talons against the small bird though.

Wren grit her teeth against him, especially when she felt him trying to sweep her. Unlike the man, she placed all her weight onto her front paws to solidify a hold. His sweep did little but tickle, even if she jerked forward uncomfortably a bit. She tried not to puncture him too deeply, this was a spar, but she did lift her leg up and attempted to place it on his shoulder. She tried to use her weight to force him to the ground.

"she speaks"

Wren vs Beauregard for SPAR
Round 2/2
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player

06-25-2022, 06:55 PM
Beauregard could feel his heartbeat in his ears. It pounded in his chest as the woman kept her teeth gritted against him and the woman shifted her weight to anchor herself down. His leg sweep did little more than a small jerk forward; definitely not what he was hoping for. With her holding his neck his knife wouldn’t be much use but he wasn’t willing to give up yet. Beau brought his back legs inward and, just as he felt the dame’s paw graze his shoulder he pushed against the ground hard in an attempt to fight the weight she was pushing against him and push her back. It was a power clash at this point. He could only hope that by trying to push back it would be uncomfortable enough that she’d be forced to release her hold.

As for Trill she certainly wasn’t expecting the peregrine to come after her instead. For the bluejay, who had never been a fighting spirit, her brain immediately went into panic mode. A helpful call gave way to terrified chirps as the bird fluttered and nearly fell from the air from the “assault”. Despite the falcon not actually making contact, out of fear it would, the bluejay turned on wing and began to pound them away from the scene, leaving Beauregard to whatever outcome may. Her flight response had been activated, and the jay wasn’t going to be turning back any time soon.

Round 2/2

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-25-2022, 09:11 PM

And the winner is...

WREN

BEAU must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

WREN

Attack Roll: 95
Defense Roll: 57
Agility Roll: 88
Perception Roll: 71
Total: 311
Attack[95] + 40% Bonus[38.00]: 133.00
Defense[57] + 15% Bonus[8.55]: 65.55
Agility[88] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 88.00
Perception[71] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 71.00
Total[357.55] + 30% Bonus[107.27]: 464.81

BEAU

Attack Roll: 18
Defense Roll: 67
Agility Roll: 7
Perception Roll: 95
Total: 187
Attack[18] + 15% Bonus[2.70]: 20.70
Defense[67] + 15% Bonus[10.05]: 77.05
Agility[7] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 7.00
Perception[95] + 10% Bonus[9.50]: 104.50
Total[209.25] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 209.25

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player

06-26-2022, 02:36 AM
Oh, okay, well um… so apparently the whole pushing back thing wasn’t working at all either. Beauregard let out a small grunt as he pushed a little harder against the ground but, unfortunately, the woman before him wasn’t moving any further. His tail lashed back and forth with a hint of frustration at the situation but that quickly melted away to amusement.

He relaxed his body, letting his weight be evenly distributed back across his paws. His ears came up to a pointed forward and his eyes opened back to their natural position. His lips curled upward into a smile and he dropped his blade, starting to laugh.

“Alright, alright! I give, uncle! Haha.” He wasn’t sore about losing at all; quite the contrary. He was impressed. Whoever this woman was she wasn’t new to the battle scene at all. It was different than his spars with Kendrick and Alessa. It just meant he had much more to learn.