Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-23-2022, 03:06 PM
Taking Sirius' words to heart, she explored and scouting potential lands for her budding pack. Wren knew there would be so much more to do before it was ready to reveal, or even recruit, but she found the Gorge to have potential. She sniffed along at the bottom, ignoring the wind ringing in her ears. The soil was moist and fertile compared to the icy grounds and deep snow. She saw that a healer could make a garden here easily.

Roaming the rest of the location, she noticed that dens could be made into the side of the gorge. A few natural caves were already there. She smiled before exploring. Peeking her head into one cave, she was met with a fierce growl. It was more like a bellow of anger, and she jolted back. A massive grizzly peered back, rising slowly from his spot in the cave. "Shit." It was all she could hope to say before it rushed her.

Wren backed quickly away and off to the side. The bear sailed past her, turning slowly. If she was careful, she could get a few bites in before running. There was no way in hell she could fight a grizzly by herself, but she could make it hurt.

"Speech"
1/3 - fought large predator (grizzly)
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

VengeanceOoh La LaSamhain 2022ScarredDouble Master
06-23-2022, 06:53 PM
Exploring is in the tropical wolf’s blood and that is exactly what Keahi is doing. The land know as Gale Gorge butt up against the Armada pack lands and have been calling to the red wolf. Finally, today is the perfect day to go and investigate the land, her chores are done and she has extra time. At first it had seemed like any other forest, the pines that stand guard hide the open wound that slashes deep into the land. The white polar bear coat that Sirius had given to her is wrapped tightly around her frame since her own, thinner-than-normal, coat offers little protection from the bitter cold. Red paws toe the edge of the precipice she finds herself on as her blue eyes gaze down into gorge. The sides look steep but she sees that there are hearty plants growing up the rocky sides. If they can make it, so can she.

Slowly, carefully, Keahi descends into the windy gorge, noticing a little too late that, the closer to the bottom she gets, the louder the wind becomes. As her paws hit the grassy bottom, the tropical wolf winces at the shrieking of the wind in her ears and gives her head a hard shake. With that done, the red woman casts her eyes around in a bid to beginning mentally mapping the land. A sound catches her attention and she perks her ears in an attempt to capture the noise over the roar of the wind. Uncertain what it is, Keahi decides to trot toward the source, curious to find the secrets this land holds. The wind carries the scent of a pack mate to her nostrils and she quickens her pace, eager to see what they think of this place.

The smell of an angry bear has the tropical wolf taking off at full tilt to race toward the pack mate in trouble. Soon the brown and golden pelt of Wren comes into view and Keahi sees an angry grizzly bear barrel past her. A smirk tugs at her lips as she watches the masterful hunter deliver several sharp bites to the passing bear as Keahi finally arrives on the scene. The bear roars, turning to attack the annoyance that has bitten it, only to find the tropical wolf is there instead. She launches herself at the creature’s face, jaws snapping closed around the soft tissue of its muzzle. Another roar is released but, as it opens its mouth, the tropical wolf’s teeth rip open the lips that she has ahold of.

The grizzly swings its head back in pain and outrage as Keahi lands and swiftly darts away, dodging the angry swipes that follow her retreating red form. This bear is in for a world of pain.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-23-2022, 07:05 PM
"Keahi!"

She shouldn't be so surprised to see the Armada wolf here, considering they were so close to the Dreamer's Col. Wren had picked and located the spot because of that, finding it suitable for an eventual community. With Armada's alliance and protection, she could make the pack something and break free from the shadow of the larger one. In due time, that is. Right now, she had to focus on this grizzly.

There was little time to talk to her packmate. Wren rushed toward the predator and delivered a nasty bite; she clung to its short little tail, clamping down. The bear roared in pain but was unable to shake nor swipe her. The brunette locked eyes with Keahi, giving a subtle nod. It was time to end this, and make sure the Gorge would be safe! Both women were not the giants of Armada's lands, but they held their own regardless.

That was something to be admired.

"Speech"
2/3 - fought large predator (grizzly)
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

06-25-2022, 02:48 PM
Keahi is silent as she races toward the bear, a white cloaked demon charging across the green landscape. She is bound and determined to help her packmate and her attention is solely on the large grizzly. A shout has her dark red ears swiveling to capture Wren’s voice and she darts a glance over to the brown and gold wolf, offering her a small, tight smile of greeting. It is all she give her packmate at this moment as her paws continue to carry her toward the attacking bear and her focus returns to the matter at hand. She attacks the creature, tearing the tender flesh of its muzzle and earning its ire before darting away to safe distance.

Wheeling around to face the grizzly, the tropical wolf watches as Wren rushes in to grab the bear’s stub of a tail and a smirk plays across light lips at the confusion of the mighty beast. The wolves share a look and the subtle nod tells the red woman everything she needs to know and her attention slides over to the bear that is going down. The irate bear roars at Wren as Keahi once again charges the beast head on.

The rocky walls of the gorge silently watch the struggle while the wind howls its contempt at the bloody battle. Paws turn up dirt and grass as the tropical wolf works to get as much momentum behind as possible. The grizzly roars in outrage, needing someone to turn its wrath on and the charging wolf seems as good a target as any. A massive, meaty paw swings back as it aims to strike at Keahi but the red wolf is able to effortless dodges the swing. Her body is liquid, flowing from one movement to the next as she lowers her body under the paw while still running.

Once the clawed pad passes over her, she plants her paws and twists, nimbly launching herself toward the side of the bear’s neck. It roars in confusion, head snapping backward as Keahi grabs a mouthful of fat and fur and thrashes her head viciously, opening a large wound along the throat of the attacking bear. It isn’t enough to kill the beast and she releases her hold to drop back down to all fours and race away. Shooting a glance to Wren, the red woman offers her a tight smile before turning back to their opponent, ready to end this fight… and the bear’s life.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-25-2022, 04:03 PM
It was time to end this.

Wren let go of the tail as the grizzly roared in pain. She could feel the vibrations of pebble and earth as it bellowed one final challenge. The bear was either too stubborn or too stupid to flee. She rounded it just as Keahi passed by. She noticed the bites on the neck, the thick blood gushing from its wound.

She charged, leaping upward to snap her jaws around the opening. Keahi had made a perfect ending shot to this; it'd be a waste to do anything else. Wren dig her teeth in, ignoring the flailing limbs and the cries until they subsided. With the light dying from the grizzly's eyes, she let go and darted backward.

The bear whimpered and fell, flattening the ground in front of them. It kicked one final time before it bled out, dying. Wren licked the blood from her lips, wincing at the heavy taste. She'd have to clean the muck off. "Thank you" she turned to her pack mate, refusing to smile else fur and blood stuck in her teeth would show.

"Speech"
3/3 - fight large predator (grizzly)
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

06-26-2022, 01:52 PM
Keahi turns in time to see Wren release her hold on the grizzly’s tail and move to attack the wound on its neck. Red paws pull the tropical wolf back into the fight and, as it raises a front paw to swipe at the wolf that is stealing its life, the red woman lunges in to grab a hold of the deadly appendage. Immediately she reverses her momentum, pulling the leg out and away to effectively stop all further attacks toward her packmate. She keeps her hold, body straining backward as Wren opens the bear’s throat, waiting until the brown and gold wolf is clear before releasing the paw to back away as well. Side by side the women watch the final death throes of the grizzly, Keahi panting slightly from the exertion.

It finally stills and Keahi looks to Wren, blue eyes meeting as she offers the woman a small dip of her head. Straightening back up, the red wolf says, “Anytime. You are a great fighter, Wren. I will fight by your side any day.” Another polite bow before the tropical wolf excuses herself to go get help bringing the bear back to camp. The steep sides of the gorge look daunting but, to her trained eyes, she is able to pick out the easiest route to the top. Nimbly, she leaps from stony ledge to rocky outcropping, dodging plants and sideways growing trees as she makes her ascent back toward Armada lands.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-26-2022, 05:46 PM
She blinked.

"You're a good fighter too" she said humbly, ducking her head at the praise. She hadn't the time to really connect with Keahi before now, and was it even bonding? They had fought like packmates, not friends. It was a shame, considering Wren knew Keahi liked the ocean and water just as much as her "very fast. And hey, lemme help with that."

She tried to move to help Keahi with the bear's body. If accepted, they'd go back to Armada's lands together. If not? Wren could navigate the land a bit more. Take in the sights. No skin off her back at all, if Keahi didn't want help. She'd just know she was here to help. Maybe Armada would have a use for the skin and other things. / end

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me