Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

Samhain 2022Pride - Lesbian
06-27-2022, 01:42 PM
LOVE ME MORE THAN YOU POSSIBLY CAN

She took in a deep breath standing on the edge of the scent markers. Her head down the monochrome lady took a sniff, so this was where her origins were. Her mothers creation and where the rest of her blood family was. Voodoo had been far too nervous to seek out Venom before she had only heard stories about the queen and word of mouth from her mother. Voodoo couldn't deny the curiosity from Ashen though. What was it like here? Would her sister see her as a lesser being. No! She wouldn't allow it after all she was as much of a Klein just like Venom. She was here for a visit nothing more and wanted to know a bit more about her family history. They may not have had the same fathers but Voodoo felt a strong sense of connection. Especially considering one of her best friends was an Armada wolf now well, Voodoo wasn't sure.

She didn't want to call though, it would be rude since she was for all intents and purposes a stranger. Though she did resemble Deathbelle quiet a bit. Carefully she shifted her paws and stared at the bundle. A gift, a few jars of her best brew. She figured it would be nice to break the ice though it the pack didn't like alchohol she would have to go apologizing. Her ears twitched, she felt calm despite the anxiety welling in her stomach. It was this damn Winter making her thoughts all fuzzy for some reason.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
06-29-2022, 04:59 AM
Venom was frequently patrolling her borders, when her mind got away from her, when she needed to blow off steam, or she scheduled herself patrols. The Empress’ white gloved paws always needed to be moving, for herself and more so for her pack. Having her lofty title meant nothing if she was not willing to work for those she led. Despite the chill in the air Ashen as a whole stayed relatively warm. The ocean currents flowed up from Auster to keep their tropical paradise a tropical paradise.

Venom crossed the land bridge into the white forests of the shrine. On the mainland she was greeted with the full brunt of winter. It would all be over far too soon and Venom didn’t want to think about the coming events this spring. She was going to have to officially say goodbye to her daughter. A choice that continued to haunt her. Had she made the right decision?

The Empress continued to walk and think about Ikigai’s journey to Elysium when her sunset gaze lifted to find a stranger sitting on her border. At least she thought the woman was a stranger. As Venom was given a second look familiarity was there, but she couldn’t place face to name. There were lingering notes of Habari and Klein though, it was very likely this was her kin. "Greetings,” Venom offered with a respectful tilt of her head. "You have the look of someone waiting for something.” Venom observed with a slight tilt of her head as she opened the floor for the young woman to speak.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

07-01-2022, 12:04 AM

Voodoo still wasn't used to her height yet, finding herself a little surprised Venom was not much bigger than her. Though the woman held everything that Voodoo had once wanted. Not the throne, no, she had no interest in holding a crown yet she considered herself a princess for the longest time. Venom was beautiful Voodoo realized - her fine fur and muscled body. The image of a leader she thought her mother had been when she was a queen. What was she to say or do? This was a dumb mistake especially after so soon she had seen Torben. Her stomach had fealt queasy since then and because of it she had avoided the very drink she had brought as a drink. I won't think about that for now. still she had a sinking feeling that something may or may not have been wrong with her.

The thoughts drifted as Venom greeted her Voodoo found herself smiling a bit warmly, she couldn't help it. She had dreamed of this day since she was a babe. "I was waiting for you, Venom." Voodoo replied as she then brought the two bottles wrapped in skin forward. "My name is Voodoo Klein, I am one of Deathbelle's youngest daughters." She unwrapped it showing the gift inside. "I have heard much about our family, but I've never been introduced to any of you. I only grew up with stories and I did glimpse a few of you at the festival a little while ago. I brought you some mead I made myself as a gift." hopefully it would be taken with a light heart. She didn't know what Venom would think of her. "I came because I've always felt like I wanted to see this. See Ashen for myself." Voodoo's ears twitched self consciously.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
07-01-2022, 06:44 AM
The young woman was looking rather uneasy, but something told the Empress it wasn’t just because she was at the border of Ashen facing its Queen. Venom wouldn’t linger on the fact, unless it was brought up it wasn’t going to be very important. The woman grinned lightly at her approach before answering her with little hesitation. She had been waiting for her in fact, and called her by name. That action solidified the assumption that she was actually family. There wouldn’t be much more guesswork either as the dual toned wolf went on.

Voodoo, one of Deathbelle’s youngest offspring. That made Venom begin to feel old. Her mother’s youngest were full adults now, it seemed like yesterday that she was pregnant again. It had been a long time since Venom had even seen Deathbelle, and part of her wondered if the woman hadn’t finally given up and passed on. From ruling monarch to powerless waif, it was a sad sight to see the once queen broken. There wasn’t anything Venom could do besides offer her a place in the Empire, but even that wasn’t really enough to restore any of her former glory.

"It’s a pleasure, Voodoo.” She interrupted slightly as she went on, unwrapping the items at her paws to reveal a couple of jars. Her eyes widened slightly with interest at the mead that was offered, it was one of her favorite drinks and she would take the gift with gratitude. "Thank you for the gift, I can assure you it will be appreciated.” She added as Voodoo lamented the fact that she had never seen Ashen. The hallowed lands where the Empire began in earnest. Her heritage.

Venom felt no malice within her guest, and the blood ties helped to soothe any hesitation within the Empress. "Then I will provide. Would you have any desire to tour the land with me? Perhaps ask questions you don’t have the answer to?” Venom offered kindly.

"Venom"

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

07-01-2022, 11:07 PM

Her eyes widened a bit with surprise, she quickly stopped though, she just hadn't expected such a response. Perhaps the best thing to do was bring the gift she had made after all she had tested this mead at parties where others partook so she did have confidence now that Venom would enjoy as would the rest of those she wanted to share it with. Voodoo had only ever wanted to see her heritage. Deathbelle had spoken fondly of them but with a sorrow that the child hadn't understood until she was older. Yet however, she knew that Deathbelle had sought a happier path and that had been enough for her in her youth. She held fond memories of the woman who had raised her.

"It would be my honor, empress." she smiled. After all why had she been surprised. This was her kin and she felt more closer to this place than ever. While Habari at the moment was forever her home it didn't stop the Klein from wanting to know exactly what their bloodline's empire was. It was strong. "I hate to ask but, what was mom like as an empress?" she hoped that bringing up their mother did not stir up hostility. Voodoo didn't think it would but something knicked at her stomach that she didn't want to upset a wolf she had hoped to make a friendship with if not a friendly visit. "I've always wanted to feel more like a Klein, I just have been trouble understanding how." she noted finally. It had been the same when she had spoke to Recluse about her wayward self. Not feeling like she had a path.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

07-05-2022, 07:29 PM
Voodoo looked surprised when Venom answered, but she had no reason to understand what the girl expected. Much time had passed since the last time she talked to their mother. Part of her wondered if she really had taken her own life after her affair with Sirius ended. She had no idea how she was talked about in Habari, or what her half siblings thought of her. Not harshly enough to not bring gifts when they visited her. Voodoo certainly set the tone on the right paw. Venom didn’t often prize gifts or attention, but there was something special about rekindling the bond between kin.

"Then let us walk.” Venom invited her sister within pack bounds. Her relationship with their half brother Chimera had shifted and changed over the years as much as the ones with her full sisters. There was always hope for something stronger here. The journey began with one step and with one question. "Speak freely.” Venom assured her as the question lingered. What was Deathbelle like as Empress? It was hard to imagine not knowing or living that time, but Belle was even far gone from Ashen by the time Voodoo and her siblings were born.

"She was well loved by her subjects, and she loved them in return. Far more deeply than an Empress should perhaps, but it bred loyalty like I haven’t hardly seen.” Venom explained. Of course, she had her wolves she trusted, but she hated the fact she had nearly relived her mother’s tragedies. At least in part. Would she feel less wounded had Hattori fallen into a Volcano? "She was confident and unwavering, an incredibly leader in her prime.” Venom herself spoke honestly, maybe she held disdain for where her mother had fallen from, but she had admired her as Empress.

"I have much disdain for many parts of our heritage. The incest that lingers in our lines for one..” Venom started seriously. "However, the Kleins are a strong people born and made from strife and tragedy. Hold tight to your confidence and have tenacity, prove your power and you will know what it is to be a Klein.” Not all power was won through force, and learning the difference nad how to control both was tantamount to the Klein breed.

"Venom"

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

07-09-2022, 12:32 AM

Voodoo fell into her usual routine then, her anixety gone. It could've just been herself lately she had felt so disassociated with herself and what she was supposed to do. Now though, she had purpose. She had a litter to raise in the coming seasons and by then she sincerely hoped Wren would keep her word and have a pack. If not though Voodoo knew Habari would always be there for her. Her birth pack, even if her origins had stemmed from Ashen themselves. It did seem after all the Deathbelle she knew was different from the empress who had created this empire. When she heard Venom mention the incest in their lineage she shivered a little, was she a part of that? She couldn't imagine that just left a bad taste in her mouth. It hurt a bloodline, not made them stronger she as a healer knew that.

She smiled feeling at ease finally to come to term with herself. Looking at the Shrine lands she was amazed by how well kept it was. "I always dreamed of meeting you honestly. Mother spoke fondly of you but it was in passing." she nodded her head. She as a pup had dreamt of visiting their family but there never had been time. Not when such a dark cloud ran over her mother like a moth to a flame. "I am pregnant, somehow that gave me the courage to come to see my heritage. I'll be raising these pups by myself and I want them to know exactly how proud they should be to have the Klein name." she nodded her head. Yes, she was strong. The princess she thought she had been returned as apparent by the nights of training she did as a healer. The poisons she could make, she was cunning just like the rest of them and would carve her own path in life while teaching her own children to do the same.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

07-12-2022, 06:25 AM
As they walked Venom could see the way the young woman began to relax alongside her sister. Venom held no ill will towards any of her younger siblings, but they had grown up in different worlds. She didn’t expect any kind of sudden revelation or rekindling of a relationship, but it was good to have ties. They might not ever be best friend sisters, they didn’t grow up together and barely knew one another. She felt good to know that Voodoo held reverence for her ancestry. She wondered how much of their family history Deathbelle had divulged, maybe if Venom weren’t the eldest she would be just as ignorant to the past.

Voodoo gave her an odd look when she mentioned the mistakes of their lineage, and wondered if she knew of any of the wolves that had come before their mother. Or the cursed reasons they were where they were. The young woman didn’t press her words though, and maybe they would have that conversation down the road. For now, Deathbelle would remain the subject as she mentioned how much she had desired to meet, and that Belle had not spoken ill of her.

"I’m glad you’ve made it here.” Venom returned warmly as they walked through the pale trees. "But I would like to apologize for how broken our family has been.” The family hadn't been whole in a very long time, Venom didn’t feel like there was any cohesion since Archon died, but maybe it happened even before she was born.

Voodoo went on to mention her pregnancy, how she would be a single mother but with every desire to instill pride within her future children’s hearts. "I’m glad you came. Congratulations on your future litter, they will be a blessing like you have never experienced.” Venom promised with a grin on her own features, thinking of the amazing children that she had bore. Part of her explored the thought of having more of her own. "You are always welcome to visit, Voodoo. As my sister and fellow holder of our lineage.” Venom would have offered her a place within Ashen, but there was no hint of interest in that path, Venom would offer what support she could to any of her blood ties should they have need.

"Venom"

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

07-19-2022, 11:51 PM

She had found her reason to continue. To strip down her sins and look forward to a future she could create. Voodoo had been a very passive girl observing the world from the outside only. She had felt off even in Habari as badly as it was her home. Looking at what Venom had built after Deathbelle was gone brought her such joy. Voodoo knew that they wouldn't quiet be like the wolves from the same litter but she was glad she had come. Venom had been kind enough to welcome her into these lands even if she didn't have an intention of joining. Something about planning to be a pack that branched from the empire did make her happy. Some new blood, IF Wren could keep her promise that was. She wouldn't forget the words Recluse had said to her about Wren's worthiness and it was something to think about.

Voodoo beamed with happiness as Venom spoke words of blessing for her children. Now more than ever she was determined to raise these children right and they were hers and hers alone. They would be filled with love, but still have the strength that ran through their veins. Besides if she could teach them some of her knowledge of poisons perhaps there would be a fun twist in it. "Thank you Venom." she dipped her head taking in a deep shuddering breath. "You have no need to apologize for our family. We live life as our gods intended, for ourselves. The paths we forge might not be easy, but our adaptability our strength is what makes us Kleins." no matter the strife. They picked up the broken pieces and made something new of it.

"I suppose I should head back home for the time being." she was a bit sad to go. She wanted to stay and talk more, learn about Venom and her life. Yet she couldn't set a paw where she didn't belong. She didn't have a right to be in the empress' business. "I should look forward to the day we speak again. This has been.... More than I anticipated in my life. Thank you." she smiled softly. Hoping Venom believed her, they forged their paths with strength of their blood.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

07-25-2022, 07:17 AM
There was something about blood that made Venom vulnerable to her kin. Despite how much she had been betrayed, it was so easy to welcome Voodoo into Ashen and to talk to her. Part of her wondered what it would have been like being raised by the former Empress Deathbelle instead of being her firstborn. Maybe her sister here was a glimpse into that.

Voodoo offered her thanks and dismissed the Matriarch’s apology; she knew better than most how ineffective the strain of control could be on those around her. Her life events proved that much. The younger Klein seemed more confident in herself with the short time they were given together, and at the least they started the spark of a sisterly relationship. They might not ever be close, but there was familial affection and pride.

"We are sisters after all.” Venom offered easily as Voodoo quieted, mentioning her need to return to Habari. "Of course, I’ll escort you back.” The Empress offered a grin, she felt her heart warmed by the visit, and could honestly say she looked forward to their next meeting as well. "You’re always welcome back.”

"Venom"