size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble Master1KPride - Gay
06-30-2022, 06:49 PM
On hot days as such when a drop of rain hadn't been seen in weeks, the piebald young wolf would be found keeping busy along the bay. Even when the weather was stifling and dry, the sandy beach provided shade and the salty ocean provided a breeze. As he sat there on the shore, he enjoyed the way the wind rustled his fur. Both eyes, the color of pale pink roses, were trained on his task at paw. Having been cultivated from the shallow depths feet from him, he had laid out strips of long kelp that began to dry in the beating sun. Carefully, he took a sharpened rock and began slicing them into thinner pieces. Once that part would be finished, he would move on to the next step of weaving them into a new section of a net. The handy thing about using kelp was that it loved the salt water and fish were already familiar with it. Maybe if he was lucky, someone would come along to help him.

Crafting Net 1/3

[Image: Kuroo-Fishies1.png]
kuroo's tamarin, saru, should be assumed near/on him at all times.

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodySnake EyesPride - Pansexual
07-07-2022, 05:43 PM

This day was quite slow. Sayuri wandered in hopes of finding something to occupy her time. Coming across the Bay, and then the young man, she smiled. Inside, her emotions were a whirlwind. Hope, fear, rejection, acceptance. All cascaded into one thing and one thing only. "Good day" the woman said to the stranger, stopping a few paces away from him. Her head tilted.

"May I... assist, with what you are doing?" It looked like hunting. She did not really hunt, per se, but... She could still help him! Smiling at the pale man, she waited for a reply of some sort. Perhaps... she could teach him something? The wolves of Tojo-Kai were open to learning new techniques. Little Rheum-chan liked botany, so Sayuri could perhaps teach this man about poison.

It would be good to bait the trap with some.

"Speech"
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Intellectual (330)

Master Hunter (320)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-08-2022, 09:21 AM

Fully focused on the task at hand, Kuroo nearly didn't notice the girl's approach. His thin, long strips of kelp were laid out neatly and finally all sliced into the width he needed. Covering a good section of the beach, he stepped back to admire his handiwork. As her voice called out 'good day,' Kuroo jumped a bit as he turned his splotched face to see who it was. Someone he hadn't met before but was appearing awfully friendly. Maybe even a tad nervous from what he could tell in her stance as he glanced over her koi form. Compared to the others, Kuroo was one of the few true koi-wolves that didn't have traditional markings.

Smiling in return when she offered to help, his tail wagged gently behind him. "Of course, you can assist!" The medium baritone of his voice rang out over the sound of the bay behind them. "It's pretty easy once you get used to it. I have the pieces all cut up and ready to go," Kuroo moved over to one end of the kelp batch and took a seat. "It's easier to sit and do it than it is to stand," his voice is pleasant as he nodded, glancing up a moment to make sure she had followed over. Taking one edge of the kelp and laying it over the end strip, he slowly showed her how to tie a knot. "It will be similar to basket weaving, but you will want to tie knots instead. It's important that this long-end piece has good knots so that it doesn't unravel in the water. From there, going across, the knots don't have to be so strong, but strong enough to keep a fish in it," he tied a few more knots before looking back up to her. Tilting his head, he wondered if he went too quickly.

"Was that too fast? If the pieces are too long at first, there's an extra piece over there you can bite or cut off a length and use it to tie the two pieces together," he pointed a paw over to a pile of kelp that had been previously dried and leftover from his last net. "I can show you again if you'd like or if you're ready, you can start here or at the other end and we can work our way toward the middle," Kuroo's pale gaze never left the girl as he waited to see how she would respond.

Crafting Net 2/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-08-2022, 05:12 PM

She could not help but giggle. It was not a delirious one, nor condescending, but one of mirth. He spoke way too fast, and too quickly to really grasp what he had said to her. But the man caught himself and continued regardless. "I... I am sorry" she gasped to him, gathering herself now. Sayuri looked sheepish, not embarrassed "I have not met anyone in Tojo-kai that... well, is as social as me, it seems." Askell and Usagi had been close, seeking her out but... they did not seem to be talkative.

"Yes, yes, I shall do this" she tried her best weaving the kelp, her lithe paws working in tandem with his larger ones. Often, she would nip the foliage down to size as instructed, but only the ones that were dried and placed to the side. She daren't not cut the longer ones "ah, what is it used for?" He hadn't exactly said, but she could guess it was a trap for the water. Fishing, perhaps? She did not know for sure.

"Speech"
K I N G S L A Y E R

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (320)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-09-2022, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 09:38 AM by Kuroo. Edited 1 time in total.)

His ears flicked back and then forward when her giggle rang through the air. Feeling a tad embarrassed himself as she gasped for breath during his long-winded speech, he shot her his own sheepish smile. "Yeah, many of Tojo's wolves are quite reserved," Kuroo admitted with a shrug as he continued to work on his end of the net. Every few seconds, he would glance over to see if she was getting the hang of what she was doing. It appeared her paws were adept at working fine things and her knots appeared sufficient. Surprised and pleased that she was willing to help him, his tail thumped loudly on the sand behind him.

While they worked in silence for a few minutes, getting close to finishing up this section, he looked to Sayuri when she asked what it was for. Without stopping his weaving and tying method, Kuroo then looked out to the water. "You see those sticks floating in a line across the bay? They're tied to my existing net to help keep it in place and afloat," He took one paw and pointed toward the stick that appeared to just be... well, sticks. "I've already started a network of netting across the bay to catch fish. Basically, I help keep the pack well supplied throughout the year. Once I'm able to get it all the way across, all I'll have to do is swim out and dive down to check to see if I got anything," the boy looked back at her as he paused to catch his breath.

"It only goes about ten feet deep, just like this net here," Kuroo glanced over their project that was nearly finished. "Since it doesn't touch the bottom, it doesn't get snagged on rocks or whatever else is at the bottom, but stays in place where I've attached it to those large rocks," he then looks over his shoulder to point a paw at a boulder that was carefully placed at the edge of the shore. That was one experience he didn't want to live over again. The boulder on the other shore was almost placed into position, but doing so before the net reached the other side would only complicate finishing his project.

"Am I boring you?" He asked sheepishly as he moved his gaze once more back to Sayuri.

Crafting Net 3/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-09-2022, 10:37 PM

She worked in silence, listening to instructions and explanations. Only when he paused, looking quite sheepish himself, did she look up. One singular blue eye focused on him, a kind smile tracing her lips. "I admit I am not much of a hunter" Sayuri confessed, her eye dropping down to pull a knot through the kelp "the work is, ah, acceptable though. I do like working with my paws." Not a hunter... Lies. She had hunted men before to fulfill a contract out on them. But there was something to be said about that.

She liked the thrill of hunting wolves. Outsmarting her prey, she was akin to a black widow. She liked the life and light leaving their eyes. She liked to kill. But she found no joy in the suffering of lesser beings. Perhaps Sayuri believed prey was innocent - men seldom were. Wolves... were guilty. In their own way, she could justify it. She liked it because she was just as filthy as they were. "You can swim - strongly, I should hope?" Concern flickered across her eyes briefly, imagining the man drowning for the sake of these nets "if you were to attempt drowning, I cannot always be there to give you... What is it? Lip to lip?"

She struggled with the term for it. Sayuri didn't seem phased by the idea of life-saving practices. "Oh, yes. I am studying to be a healer" she gave him precious information regarding that. It appeared as if she was just saying she'd smooch him at first, no questions asked if he was drowning.

"Speech"
K I N G S L A Y E R

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (320)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-11-2022, 09:48 AM

While they worked, he listened to her. She had stayed to help and was even partaking in conversation. So maybe he wasn't boring her after all. Kuroo had done the net tying many times so it was easy for him to do so while also glancing up at her. He smiled lightly and nodded when she admitted she wasn't much of a hunter. "Hunting is not always chasing prey down," the boy mused to himself as he looked over to the bay. "It can be made easier if you use nets or traps like this," pointing a paw at the net they were basically finished with, he took a stand before stepping away to look at their handiwork.

Before Kuroo could comment on how neat the net was, she asked if he was a strong swimmer. That almost got a laugh out of him until she mentioned drowning and her being available for 'lip to lip.' A bright blush spread across his cheeks and thank goodness his cheeks were already the color of blush. Turning his chin away so he could clear his throat, he shifted his weight nervously. Had she been insinuating that she did want to smooch him? Wasn't that a bit forward? Kuroo's brow scrunched up as his mind raced. No one had been so openly flirtatious with him...

Then she added that she was becoming a healer. A sigh of relief released the breath he had been holding as his shoulders relaxed. Chuckling to himself, he nodded as he looked back over at her. "Yes, I am a strong swimmer, perhaps one of the strongest in Tojo," Kuroo said with a sheepish smile. "Maybe you will have to come watch me fish some time to make sure I don't drown anyway," he flirted anyway, even though he realized she hadn't meant it that way. It was in his nature after all. Clearing his throat, he looked away from her and back out to the water. "Even if you aren't there to rescue me, there are quite a few healers within Tojo," he added on for good measure, in case she took his comment the wrong way.

Meet Someone New 1/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-11-2022, 01:20 PM

She hummed the answer he gave, eyeing the traps and nets he had made. Sayuri didn't like the exertion part of hunting, even if she did like to chase. If there was ample reason to chase after something, she took it. But sweat and muck and dirt? Below her! It would seem she had said something untoward, as the young man burned brightly and looked away. Naïve to the fact at the moment, she tilted her head as she looked back at him. Even if she could speak Japanese fluently and English almost fluently - she still had a broken sort of tune.

And when that tune hit a crescendo? She reigned in it, humming as she went. "Ah" Sayuri finally seemed to grasp what the man had thought and believed her to have said. He also collected himself after his own attempt at flirtation, realizing she had been implying 'mouth to mouth'. She smirked quietly and slowly, teasing him "is one implying any healer would do?" She let out a little gasp of dramatic shock "my, I did not expect one to be such a way..." She bat her lashes at him.

And she continued to tease. It felt easy. "Perhaps I shall not beg, then, for a kiss. If one is such a loose man... I shall shield my own heart."

"Speech"
K I N G S L A Y E R

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (320)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-11-2022, 04:43 PM

Kuroo was sheepishly staring at the water as his cheeks felt hot as the sun. How could he be so foolish? Had it been rude of him to assume she would flirt with him? Was he even one to flirt with, anyway? No one had ever shown interest like that before. Really, the poor boy wasn't sure how to react. What he wanted was to clear the air and apologize. About to do so with one paw raised off the ground, his eyes widened when Sayuri let out a small gasp of surprise.

His ears flicked forward and eyes widened as he tilted his head at her. Watching her bat her lashes at him made his stomach twist into knots again. Lips slightly agape, he wasn't sure what to say. Her last sentence left him more speechless as his own eyes blinked a few times. Lifting his paw to scratch at his head, he glanced down at the ground. Clearing his throat, Kuroo wasn't sure what to do... What was he to say?

"I-I'm not loose, I promise," Kuroo stumbled the words out finally as he raised his gaze to glance up at her. Smooth, really heckin' smooth, dude. "I'm sure you give better mouth to mouth than my own stepmother," okay, wow, that definitely came out wrong. "I mean, ugh, never mind," embarrassed to the max, Kuroo shut his eyes tightly. Being dramatic as he was, he took this opportunity to flop over onto the ground with all four paws in the air. "Just end me now," he mumbled under his breath as he imitated being stabbed in the chest.

Meet Someone New 2/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-11-2022, 04:58 PM

Did she kiss better than his stepmother? "Well, I should think so!"

Sayuri giggled softly, raising a dainty paw to her lips. Ah, she should not laugh at him. He was flustered and embarrassed but it was so hard not to. He was just an innocent little lad, flopping over in the sand and cawing that the gods may take him now. Goodness, this was too delicious to pass up... She rose to all fours, smelling like kelp and fish, and marched over to him. Considering her actions but not caring at the moment, she became mischievous. Why? She did not know.

Maybe because she could. Maybe cause he was easy prey. She had reigned herself in before now, become dutiful and elegant like a shogun's wife. She was nobody's wife. As if a kitsune vixen and not a wolf at all, she proceeded. A playful smirk crossed her features, tail swaying to and fro. She more or less walked until she stood directly over him. Planting her paws on either side of him, Sayuri leaned in. "I think I am a piss poor substitute if you enjoyed her kisses." She breathed, sweet breath hot against his face.

"Speech"
K I N G S L A Y E R

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (320)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-11-2022, 07:52 PM

Her giggle filled the air and seeped into his ears. Keeping his eyes closed, he reveled in the thought that he had been able to make her laugh. Not that embarrassing himself was his favorite pastime, but it was nice to have fun every once in a while. Still not over the way he had made a complete fool of himself, Kuroo waited to see if she would say anything else. How would he actually know if she was a better kisser anyway? They'd hardly had any real interaction before today!

Reeling in the depths of embarrassment, he was surprised when he suddenly felt fur brushing up against him. Peeling his eyes open as her sweet, warm breath washed over him, his heart nearly leaped from his chest. His mouth went dry as she leaned in inches away from his muzzle. Lips slightly agape, he didn't know what to say. Blinking rapidly a few times, he had to clear his throat. Was she implying that she really did want to kiss him? No, no, that was insane!

"I, uh, haven't actually kissed anyone before," Kuroo admitted sheepishly. Why was he admitting that? Why was he being such an idiot? Why couldn't he just play along and be flirtatious back? There was a pretty girl standing over him for goodness sakes! Closing his eyes once more, he shook his head as his face grew even hotter. "I'm an idiot," he whispered through clenched teeth.

Meet Someone New 3/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-11-2022, 08:35 PM

His previous attempt at flirting didn't show experience. It was awkward but not dry. The banter of an inexperienced young man, who perhaps bit off more than he could chew. The former geisha was used to flirtation, and the former ninja was used to the closing deal. Be it with blade or words, she had sampled both. Combined into one being, it was a bit too much for an, ah... innocent. She did not feel bad for him though. Her own stumble had made him revert to banter, eager to exchange words but not anything else.

Poor boy.

He hadn't kissed anyone? He hadn't slipped through that excursion to manhood. No, she did not think he was the type to, ah... do that and not be affectionate. He would smooch his partner. He would be the cuddly type. Sayuri regarded him before placing a paw on his chest, pushing off of him gently and letting him go. "No" she corrects him. If anything, she was the fool for pressuring him a bit. Fun at his expense "it is sweet." The koi lady admits, flashing him a kind smile. Reverting back to dutiful and calm.

"You would only kiss someone if you had feelings for them, yes?" she ventures "so I shall not taint the experience for you."

"Speech"
K I N G S L A Y E R

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (320)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-11-2022, 08:51 PM

The pressure of her paw on his chest made his eyes pop open. That pale gaze stared up at the smaller female as she pushed away. Watching her smile kindly at him, he wondered if she pitied him. It was obvious that she was more experienced than he was, but that didn't bother him. Frankly, Kuroo had been too caught up in hunting and doing things for his family and Tojo to even care about such trivial things. Growing up, he had never had feelings for anyone or had anyone show feelings for him. It was just the way it was.

Still feeling sheepish as she says it is sweet, he rubs a paw on his chest where she had nearly stepped on him. Interesting how she could revert back to being closed off and respectful. Rolling over onto his side to stand up and shake off his coat quickly, he turned back to Sayuri as she spoke again. His cheeks flush once more at her question and he nods in return. Kuroo had never entertained the idea of kissing anyone attractive he had come across. The thought of it seemed silly, wild, and not like himself.

"Well, uh, thanks?" He responds sheepishly as he sits back down with a slightly furrowed brow. "Do I really come off that way? I mean, you're not wrong, but is that a bad thing?" Kuroo had never thought of himself as uptight. Really, he wouldn't turn anyone away if they did try to kiss him, but it wasn't ever the first thing on his mind. Was he really still just an innocent little boy? Glancing over at Sayuri, he tried to smile, but he knew it was more awkward than anything.

<3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-11-2022, 09:02 PM

"It is not a bad thing."

Sayuri did not pity him, but she did not want to ruin the experience by forcing herself on him. She was not the type to do such a thing to a man, or even a woman. A man's first kiss should be sweet and gentle, or full of passion. Not timid, awkward, and scared. She bent down to casually lick at a stray hair back into place, mulling over his questions. Did he seem... disappointed? Or perhaps it was just her imagining things.

"Since you have no feelings for me, I will not force you to kiss me" Sayuri told him bluntly but not unkindly. Her eyes twinkled in amusement "your first kiss should be something you instigate" Or your partner at the time but she let him believe he had all the power regarding it. He'd find out some day "do not feel bad about it" she raised a paw to poke him lightly in the chest "I do not pity you. There is nothing to pity." Some wished they could go back, revert...

Sometimes she wished this too. "Why?" Sayuri cawed, angling her neck upward with a bemused expression, lifting a brow "did you think I was, ah, loose?" She giggled, unable to keep the mock dramatics up "you seem disappointed!" Back to teasing.

"Speech"
K I N G S L A Y E R

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (320)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

07-11-2022, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 10:00 PM by Kuroo. Edited 1 time in total.)

She reassures his worries with a straightforward tone. Kuroo is unsure of how to take it for the moment. His ears fold back for a second as she continues on. Of course, he didn't have those types of feelings for her, they had just met. Unlike some, Kuroo was not the type of wolf to fall head over heels as soon as he meets someone. That was silly, wasn't it? More foolish than openly and harmlessly flirting with a fellow pack member.

Just as he was feeling more settled and less sheepish, Sayuri let out a caw of laughter. Furrowing his brow, he glances at her as she giggles. Kuroo tries to smile but is slightly taken aback. He wasn't trying to insult her... Did she think that? Surely not if she was laughing. Maybe it would be better if he played along, and got some practice in for next time. "Oh, yes, I definitely thought you were soooo loose," he teased back with an attempt of a mocking smile on his lips.

Then it was his turn to gasp, adding on to the dramatics. Lifting a paw and placing it on his chest, he shot her a surprised look. "Me? Disappointed? More like you were the disappointed one," Kuroo taunted, finally getting into a friendly but flirtatious groove now that he felt more comfortable around her.

<3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-11-2022, 09:57 PM

The woman smirks, lifting a brow again. Aha, he could play along! All was not lost. "I am, in fact" Sayuri attempts to say this clearly for him, bending over to preen her tail that seemed to have collected some kelp. She plucks it out of her white-orange fur "loose" She tosses it to the side, onto the sand. Her eyes returned to his features, seriously having admitted she was open to having intercourse "or, ah... not?" She seemed momentarily confused "I do not force it. I do not force others. Is that still..." She trailed off, eyes straying away to look across the Bay.

"I would have" Sayuri said this also seriously, no room for error if she was to be friends and allies with the man "taken you" Was that the right term? "but you... Act different" she shrugs "other men, they wish it. They think not twice" Surely the other man knew this to be true "I could have forced it" He hadn't resisted her advances but he was too inexperienced to know what he wanted at that particular moment "but first time, it should be... sweet. Something both want." Perhaps because he was, surprise surprise, a virgin... But she had met virgin men who rushed into it.

She placed both paws on the ground, lifting herself up. "Do not rush" Sayuri advised him "anyone lucky to have you, as companion. Not just lover. That comes later, in proper time." Tail swaying, she realized she probably embarrassed him for the last time today. She wrinkled her nose up at him, eyes dancing in amusement before trailing off across the Bay. /exit

"Speech"
K I N G S L A Y E R