gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverLegendarySnake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinner
Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Ooh La LaScarredCritical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble Master
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-04-2022, 01:56 AM
"Talk" Walk

It had been a long, long time since he'd been down this way. But with Spring hitting Boreas and apparently bringing a very wet season with it, he was keen to get away from the wet and cold, if only for a few days at least. Considering Auster seemed to have weather the opposite of whatever Boreas was doing, he could certainly do with a short vacation before heading back. After all, a beach day didn't sound bad when it already felt like it was warming up this way. Or at least, warmer than the way he'd come.

He had trekked across for a good portion of the afternoon, though as he and his companions neared the other side, they decided to stop to do a bit of fishing for lunch. He settled down on a spot just out of the water's reach while the wolverine went into the shallows and started rooting around for clams, and his palm cockatoo perched on some old driftwood and preened himself. The day wasn't a bad one...and he was due for a day to just kick back and relax.

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Cináed

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Intellectual (191)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Critical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantLoser
07-04-2022, 12:49 PM

He hardly ever went into Boreas. Since moving to Auster he had more than content to keep to himself in Fenmyre and enjoy the life he had made on the island, especially considering how much more agreeable Auster's weather tended to be. In fact, despite the fact that he now had a reason to go to Boreas he still waited until after the Boreas winter had passed so he could avoid the cold and snow as much as possible. However, when he got to Boreas he quickly discovered that the cold was still hanging around longer than he had expected it to and all the snow had just been replaced by heavy winds and rain. That certainly wasn't any more pleasant and as much as he wanted to find Satira again he wasn't all that keen on sticking around through hurricanes.

So back to Auster he went, but as he was crossing the long bifrost to the southern continent he spotted a ruby red form toward the opposite shore that made him freeze in his tracks. He blinked a couple of times, shaking his head as he wondered if he was imagining things or not. No, it seemed that he wasn't. He was far enough away still that he was fairly certain that the red brute hadn't noticed him yet so he could just turn around and go back to Boreas for the time being until he cleared out, but as he stood there considering his options a frustrated stubbornness pushed him forward. He wasn't going to be held back from his home by someone else and most certainly not him. It was just crazy to him that after all this time so many ghosts from his past were popping back up in his life... First Tira, then Onyx, and now this...

As he drew closer to where Ignis was, he very pointedly kept his golden gaze focused forward, not sparing him a glance as he began to walk around him to get to the Auster shore. His jaw was tight and he almost dared Ignis to say something to him. He hardly even wanted to spare his anger for him, but if he said something or tried to stop him perhaps he would.

"Cináed"

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
07-09-2022, 06:38 PM
"Talk" Walk

It seemed...that relaxation wasn't exactly in the cards today. Or maybe it still was, he didn't know. He was starting to drift off for an afternoon nap to the sound of the ocean and the breeze kissing his form when a clacking of the cockatoo's beak caught his attention. Crimson gaze opened, finding his companion first, the bird jerking his head in a different direction and then...Cináed? How long had it been since he had seen any of his kids? He hadn't intended to abandon them or anything, but after Incendium disbanded, everyone kind of went their own way. They were adults now, they could do whatever they wanted and go wherever they wanted. He wasn't wholly like his father...he wasn't going to force them all to stay together. Much less when he no longer led neither pack or band.

He turned his head back to look at the ocean, and without getting up, addressed his son. "Cináed. It's been a while." Had he seen his other siblings since Incendium disbanded? The smell of his son's coat told him he was part of a pack, though not one he had really smelled before. Well, at least he wasn't aimlessly wandering...that was good, right?

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Cináed

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

07-09-2022, 08:14 PM

Cináed had just gotten past Ignis and had him at his back when he spoke, causing Ciná's steps to slow with frustrated hesitation. The short greeting, if he could even call it that, grated on his nerves. When Ciná allowed himself to glance back at the similarly red man he saw that Ignis hadn't even stood and had his ruby gaze turned out toward the ocean. Of course he would do the bare minimum to acknowledge his existence. He didn't know what he had expected or hoped for, but he had this feeling like he shouldn't have even been surprised. "Not long enough," he muttered with a growl to his voice as he turned away from him again, gritting his teeth to keep himself from saying more as he continued to walk down the remainder of the bifrost toward Auster.

Maybe some small, deeply buried part of him had hoped that there would be some kind of catharsis, some kind of emotional reunion, some admission from Ignis of how wrong he had treated him, but that had been too much to hope for. He wasn't even entirely sure that he wanted anything that might interfere with the life he had built for himself. He didn't necessarily even crave a relationship with his father, at least not any more, but the longing he had as a pup had never really been satisfied. He gave a small shake of his head and sighed as he walked away, looking down at the ground in front of him.

"Cináed"

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-21-2022, 07:56 PM

"Not long enough," Were the only words to come out of Cina's mouth. Ignis narrowed his eyes slightly, not missing the tone and body language. He figured Cina wouldn't be too happy to see him after all this time, but they were all going through their own shit. He wasn't a child to be coddled anymore. The boy had stopped for all but a moment before continuing on his way, and this is when Ignis rose to his feet. The crimson male stood, shaking the sand from his fur as he issued a bark. Demanding that he stop. "What the fuck is your problem? Hm? Aren't you a little too old to be acting like a child?" He challenged, but made no move to follow after him. Not yet.

"I'm aware I wasn't around as much as I should've been. I've admitted that to myself before, and I'm acknowledging that now. I had a lot of shit going on myself and I didn't want to burden all of you with it. But I did to at least a couple of you, and now two of your brothers are out there doing who the fuck knows what! Does that make you happy?" Honestly, he had no clue that his disappearance with two of Cina's brothers had affected him so much. But he was still figuring shit out for himself and had been going through some sort of breakdown back then thanks to whatever demonic shit that Elias had plagued him with.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Cináed

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

07-25-2022, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2022, 10:41 PM by Cináed. Edited 1 time in total.)

The bark that Ignis gave to stop him made his hackles bristle and for a moment he considered ignoring him entirely, but the hurt and the barely contained desire to finally have it out with his father forced him to stop. He didn't turn around right away, not until he was accused of acting like a child. His teeth clenched and he turned to face Ignis again, seething with anger as he tried to form some kind of response that wouldn't cause him to stoop to Ignis' level. He didn't know if the ruby red brute in front of him even deserved the level of thought he was putting into his response, but he was doing it regardless. Still, his father went on, only making matters worse as he stated how he hadn't been around and had his "own shit" going on, dancing around the core of the problem and pointing blame at everything else—somehow without uttering anything close to an apology.

"I'm the one acting like a child?" he snarled, his golden eyes narrowed as he spoke. "You have never once taken any kind of ownership for what you did! You weren't just 'not around'. You abandoned us! Me, Celosia, Inferno... An entire pack! We had no idea where you went, when you left, why you left... Then you just show back up with Infrit and Vulcan, expecting us to just rush into your arms as if nothing happened... My entire childhood I saw you maybe a handful of times! I basically raised and trained myself until the pack fell apart and I ended up here in Auster and found someone that actually gave a shit about me. How can I live through all of that and then pretend everything is sunshine and fucking rainbows? Huh? How do you expect me to see you or any of my siblings as family after that?"

His claws raked through the sand under his paws as he spoke, his gaze never wavering from his even as his voice shook with the weight of the emotions he was being forced to confront. He shook his head, his lips pulled back in a snarl as he growled, "I don't even know who you are. You're no father. I dropped the Preator name a long time ago. I want nothing to do with you." He turned and stormed off after that before he could do anything he'd ultimately come to regret and ran off into the mainland of Auster, not bothering to look back. He didn't care how the information of how he had dropped his family name affected or didn't affect Ignis. After everything Ignis had already put him through he wasn't going to stand around and continue to take any more.

"Cináed"

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-27-2022, 04:59 PM

Cina responded, and it was apparent the boy had much to say. However, the more he talked, the more Ignis could feel himself shifting in his mind. He was aware of the things he had done. Aware that he had abandoned the pack and his kids. Something he hadn't meant to do, but it had been out of his control when it happened. "I am aware of that but there's nothing I can do about it now! And what do your siblings have to do with any of it? I doubt you've gone around trying to see them, either but you want to whine and complain like they owe you something!" He growled. They had all gone their separate ways after the pack disbanded. And while he didn't know what became of them after, he doubted any of them had gone out of their way to see how their siblings were doing. What did Cina want him to do at this point? All he could do was try to mend the relationship with them all, but as his son went on, it was apparent that he was too late. At least for this one.

"I don't even know who you are. You're no father. I dropped the Preator name a long time ago. I want nothing to do with you." He supposed he should've been shocked to hear that. But he couldn't bring himself to feel shocked or surprised. He hadn't been there for them. They had found their own way in life, and that was fine. He felt his lip rise with irritation, however. Cina wouldn't even give him the chance to explain or apologize, didn't really ask him why let alone try to get a clear reason or understanding. Ignis knew he wasn't any good at hashing shit out, had learned that anytime Eden tried to press him on answers and whatnot, but he wasn't Acere or Zuriel. He struggled with the capacity to try to fix issues like this.

As Cina started to walk away, Ignis resigned himself to just letting the kid be and leaving it at that. But then it turned out that he had other ideas. "You can't escape the demons of your ancestors." What? He heard him. Heard his inner Praetor demon speaking to Cináed, and knew instantly that nothing good was going to come out of this. "Leave him alone!" He screamed internally, but it was no use. "No matter what, you're always going to be a Praetor. A name means little when you're cursed with their blood. You, your children, and your children's children. There's no escape, even in death." A snarl started to bubble up in his throat. "Defectors must be purged." He whispered in a low voice.

Without warning, the Crimson wolf charged his own son. Like a bull loose in the streets, he aimed to slam his body straight into Cina's retreating form. Jaws gaped open, seeking to bite and tear into the base of Cina's tail in an effort to break it and potentially tear it away from Cina's body. To aid in this, his right forepaw struck out to hook and yank Cina's right hind ankle back. His heart hammered, and blood roared in his ears. He wanted to stop this. But all he could do was stare helplessly behind the windows of his own eyes.

Ignis vs Cinaed for Minor maim (Idk, tail removal?? Partial tail removal??)
Round: 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Skull helmet
Defensive Battle Accessory: Black bear cape
Companion 1: Palm cockatoo, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Sika deer antlers - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Mangler

OOC// Sorry Shelby T^T Inner demon ignis couldn't let this go :c

"Speech""Blödhgarm"

Cináed

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

07-27-2022, 11:49 PM

He had been too focused on just trying to get out of there and get away from Ignis that he hadn't even noticed the large ruby wolf charging toward him until he heard the heavy fall of paws beating against the ground right behind him. His hackles immediately bristled and he twisted around to see what was going on just in time to see Ignis launching himself at him with open, snarling jaws snapping down around his tail. He snarled and growled and tried to quickly twist out of the way, but he hadn't had enough time or notice to really defend himself, especially not with Ignis' paw grappling around his back leg and tripping him up. He didn't have time to think about what was happening or why—he only had time to react and retaliate to this sudden attack and try his best to get out of here at least mostly unscathed.

Ignis' jaws clamped down around his tail, but since he had twisted around some in his attempts to face his sudden opponent his father's teeth landed maybe three quarters of the way up his tail, a few inches from the base. The bite made a searing pain jolt through him and he sucked in a sharp breath with a pained snarl. He couldn't tell how bad that bite actually was right in this exact moment. All he knew was that it fucking hurt like hell. He got his feet back under him and curled around to aim his own bite toward Ignis's face. He was mostly just trying to get him to let go, but he certainly wouldn't mind giving his father a taste of his own medicine. His open jaws aimed for the top of Ignis' head around his left ear, near the other scars that ran across his face.

Cináed vs Ignis for Minor Maim (Ear Removal)
Round 1/2
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked chest plate
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced leather bracers
Companion 1: Black hawk, Male - Flying - Boosted
Companion 2: Tibetan Mastiff, Male - Battle
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Bard

OOC: I agree to 3/4 removal (shortened instead of broken off at the base) if you're cool with ear removal!

"Cináed"

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

07-29-2022, 10:49 PM

Stop! He cried out, but still, it would be of no use. He struggled against his demon, trying everything in vain to will himself to stop. But the Praetor demon refused to let up, kept him in his hold and all Ignis could do was watch helplessly as he watched himself grab onto his son's tail. Yes, Cina said he wanted nothing more to do with him and that he dropped the Praetor name, but he couldn't blame him. He had abandoned his children when they needed him most. His own doubt and self-hatred for what he'd done to his uncle had left an opening for Blödhgarm to squeeze through and plant himself deep into Ignis' mind. And now, both he and Cina were paying for it.

Blödhgarm's attacks were vicious. He tasted the blood of his child on his tongue as jaws enveloped Cina's tail. He could hear the pained snarls of his boy, and still, heart sinking in his chest at the further pain he was causing him, and still, he was powerless to stop this. I'm sorry! He tried to cry out. I don't want to do this! He bellowed behind the glass. But his own voice was silent. Unable to break through.

Cina had twisted around to attack him, and Blödhgarm didn't even so much as flinch. Instead, Ignis felt the searing pain of teeth on flesh as Cina made contact. And still, Blödhgarm did not relent. The Crimson Demon pushed through, attempting to keep Cina's tail in his grasp as he sought to bite further. Harder. He kept his position behind the fiery boy as best he could, following him like a shadow. His feet churned sand and water, all the while he swiped at Cina's hind legs once again in an effort to make it harder for Cina to keep his footing.

Ignis vs Cinaed for Minor maim (Idk, tail removal?? Partial tail removal??)
Round: 2/2
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Skull helmet
Defensive Battle Accessory: Black bear cape
Companion 1: Palm cockatoo, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Sika deer antlers - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Mangler

ooc// I'm fine with that!
"Ignis"||"Blödhgarm"

Cináed

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

07-31-2022, 02:09 PM

Even though his teeth connected with the top of his father's head and he tasted blood on his tongue as he bit down around his ear, he never felt any kind of release or relent from the attack on his tail. Ignis' teeth felt like a vice grip around the appendage and the sharp, hot pain of that bite just made him want to get away and force him to let go by any means necessary. He had already made his peace that he would never have the kind of relationship with his father that he saw from other parents and families around him, but somehow seeing him had brought up emotions that he had thought were long resolved.

As he doubled down the pressure around Ignis' skull and bit harder to try and shove him away and force him to let go he just kept wondering and questioning to himself what he had done or why this was how things had ended up. He hadn't always felt this way and things hadn't always been this bad. Now they had come to a brutal crescendo and he wondered where the end actually was. Was this it? Would this finally be the end of it? Or would Ignis never just let him go and leave him be? Regardless of how bad the wounds from this would be when they finally released one another the damage had been done much deeper down than skin level and the already rock bottom level of level of respect he had held for Ignis had been sunk into pure and unfiltered hatred.

Cináed vs Ignis for Minor Maim (Ear Removal)
Round 2/2
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked chest plate
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced leather bracers
Companion 1: Black hawk, Male - Flying - Boosted
Companion 2: Tibetan Mastiff, Male - Battle
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Bard

"Cináed"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-31-2022, 02:29 PM

And the winner is...

Cináed

Ignis must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Cináed's maim is successfu.

Totals:

Cináed :
Attack Roll: 100 Critical attack!
Defense Roll: 85
Agility Roll: 25
Perception Roll: 75
Total: 285
Attack[100] + 35% Bonus[35.00]: 135.00
Defense[85] + 10% Bonus[8.50]: 93.50
Agility[25] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 25.00
Perception[75] + 45% Bonus[33.75]: 108.75
Total[362.25] + 25% Bonus[90.56]: 452.81

Ignis :
Attack Roll: 100 Critical attack!
Defense Roll: 31
Agility Roll: 15
Perception Roll: 75
Total: 221
Attack[100] + 105% Bonus[105.00]: 205.00
Defense[31] + 15% Bonus[4.65]: 35.65
Agility[15] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 15.00
Perception[75] + 10% Bonus[7.50]: 82.50
Total[338.15] + 25% Bonus[84.54]: 422.69

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

08-01-2022, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2022, 10:33 PM by Ignis. Edited 1 time in total.)

The pressure from Cinaed's teeth began to be too much. He could feel the pain now. Blödhgarm had started all of this and was now leaving Ignis to deal with the rest of it. When the darkened haze finally dissipated, Ignis tore himself away from his son, tearing his ear from his body, and immediately released the hold he had on Cina's tail. The fight had gotten far too bloody and intense, not something Ignis had wanted to do at all but had been forced against his will. If there had been a chance to be able to repair their relationship before this, that chance had been destroyed now more than likely. Blödhgarm seemed hell-bent on wanting to destroy anything and everything that Ignis loved. First Corvus. Then Acere. The relationships with his remaining Family. Eden. And now this. He feared what would happen when his newest litter with Eden came into the world...

A low, sorrowful growl bubbled in his throat as he tried to put distance between himself and Cina. Crimson gaze flashed briefly towards Cina, pain, sorrow, regret, and a myriad of other emotions that he knew he couldn't voice. He lost the chance to tell him that he was sorry. Likely lost any chance he had now. Whether Blödhgarm would let this go or not, he had no idea. All he could do was try to keep Cina away from it, and in hindsight, perhaps this was for the best. "I'm sorry." He murmured as he turned away. He knew both of them were injured, and he was sure his wound was pretty bad, but he didn't care. It was what he deserved for abandoning them. For letting them down. For not trying harder.

He shook his head, blood splattering the Bifrost as he made his way back to Boreas. He didn't expect Cinaed to say anything. Didn't expect him to accept what he said. Didn't expect him to change his mind about anything. If Cinaed or any of his siblings wanted to come after him in the future, that was their choice. Ignis would accept that. Wouldn't run. Wouldn't try to talk them down. He'd face it all head-on and hoped and prayed that Blödhgarm would leave them be.

-Exit-
"Ignis"||"Blödhgarm"