An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
07-04-2022, 07:20 PM
Balthier had spent a brief time in Fenmyre collecting his belongings and setting the raft up for another voyage. Chimera had told him that he sent out a message to The Hallows so he knew they would be expecting him. He was still feeling dark and sour over his sister and the further he moved away... no, it didn't feel any better honestly.

He was sober when he left Fenmyre and made his way over the bifrost to the shores of The Hallows. The last time he was here Ulric was in charge and he found out his mother was dead. The thought was there but in the back of his mind. A part of him wondered how different it would be.

Sailing the raft closer to shore, he let out a call for the alpha before he ever hit land and took his time making that distance not to raise any alarms. He pulled the raft just enough on shore so it wouldn't be taken by the waves and then waited there for someone to arrive. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, not much really. The way he looked at life and his future was not on the bright side of things, but he wondered if this could start a new chapter into his life.

"Balthier"
Balthier can be rated a !M! mature character due to alcohol abuse.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
07-07-2022, 04:21 PM

Calls for his attention were not something foreign to Artorias; as alpha, he was responsible for every soul that came across their lands and borders, and he had answered many a call from friends, enemies, and strangers alike. However, this was the first time that he had ever heard a call for him coming from the ocean. The Aegis had been in the Wildberry Grove, making sure their scent markers were fresh around the territory to ensure they had fully secured their claim over the land when his ears perked to catch the voice. He titled his head, curious eyes gazing out westward towards the sea with brows furrowed in confusion. But that didn't make any sense...? More curious than concerned, Artorias abandoned his current task and made for the western edge of the plains, eager to find out if his mind was playing tricks on him.

Crossing the verdant plains, Artorias found that there was, in fact, a wolf waiting for him there. Dressed in fur of black and gold swirls, the male was young, about as young as the alpha himself was, and stood almost a foot shorter than he did. He didn't know the wolf, but there was something familiar about him, and the lingering scent of a familiar pack on his coat tipped Art off to where he had come from. Though the scent of Fenmyre was fading, he recognized it still, and that helped put him at ease some as he approached the strange seafaring lupine. "Hello there," the Aegis greeted his visitor, noting the dour expression the brute wore and wondering if he was in need of aid or assistance. "Welcome to the Hallows, I'm Artorias, Aegis of the pack. You called for me?" He watched the stranger curiously, giving him all the opening he needed to introduce himself and explain his intentions with his pack.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Dream Weaver
Mammoth Hunter1K
07-07-2022, 07:07 PM
The Alpha Artorias arrived and Balthier gave him a gentle nod of his head in greeting. Allegro had taught his kids to be respectful if nothing else so of course that's just how he'd be. He didn't recall Artorias from the last time he was here, it was a brief visit anyway. He was typically more secluded in nature so that time before when he had come with his father to visit he didn't meet many other wolves either.

Balthier had expected Artorias to expect his presence a little better, but he couldn't blame him for not even knowing who he was looking for really. "I am Balthier Destruction. It's a pleasure to meet you." He introduced gently, "..I'm the warrior Chimera sent from Fenmyre." He didn't say much else, but had figured the Aegis would question him further if he needed or wanted to and Balthier didn't have an issue with that. It wasn't like he had anything to hide.

"Balthier"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
07-10-2022, 02:37 AM

The seafaring wolf dipped his head politely and introduced himself as Balthier Destruction. The name sounded familiar, but it didn't ring any immediate bells in his head, so he let the matter be for now. When he introduced himself as the warrior from Fenmyre, suddenly his presence made sense. Chimera had hinted at the notion of sending a warrior his way to help supplement his waning numbers, but he hadn't told him who to expect. That coupled with the fact that Balthier had come from the sea and not from the direction of Fenmyre had really thrown Art for a loop. Recognition lit up in fire opal eyes and Artorias gave an audible sound of acknowledgement. "Ah, yes! Chimera told me someone would be coming. Please, come in, Balthier." He ushered the other male across the border and welcomed him into Hallowed lands. "Though we don't own the Shimmering Shore by right, it's one of our de facto territories," he explained. "Feel free to keep your raft moored there. It'll be safe there."

Artorias led the way across the lush plains and south towards the castle in the distance, letting Balthier take in the sights of the Hallows around them. "The Hallows has three territories we occupy. The Wildberry Grove to the north, the Starlit Plains, and the castle and fields around it where we all reside. You're welcome to take a room in the castle for yourself, or you can make a den out on the plains if you prefer." Artorias noted how Balthier had not arrived with much in the way of personal belongings. Perhaps he'd left most of his possessions back at Fenmyre, or maybe he liked to live a sparse lifestyle. Either way, the Hallows would provide their guest with all he needed. "You have free roam of the castle and our lands. While you're here, consider yourself one of us. Help yourself to food and wine if you're inclined to drink, we make it all here so there's plenty to go around." Art gave a soft chuckle; ever since Briar had taken over their wine production, the Hallows had been churning out more varieties and flavors of wine than he could keep track of!

When the two wolves began to near the castle, Artorias glanced to Balth and began to fill him in on his role. "Thank you for helping us out, Balthier. Your expertise will be helpful to us all. You'll be working with the Knights and Vanguards, helping to sharpen the Knights' skills and keeping the pack safe. Any tricks, techniques, or lessons you can teach them will be beneficial. And if you have any additional skills or passions, I encourage you to pursue them here as well." Artorias slowed their gait, allowing Balthier to interject with any questions or concerns he might have while he spoke. He knew this was a lot of information for the Fenmyrian wolf to take in. "As far as laws go, the Hallows doesn't have many, but what we have are adamant. Outside of spars or training, bloodshed and violence are not tolerated. All are welcome here so long as they come in peace, so you may see a number of strangers come and go. Other than that, just pull your weight, be respectful to myself and my Queen Briar, and don't knock anybody up and you'll be golden. Er... no pun intended." He paused, glancing to Balthier's fur with a bit of a smirk. "This is probably a lot to take in, and I don't want to overload you. Do you have any questions for me?" He glanced to the black and gold brute beside him, leaving the floor open for Balth to voice anything that might be on his mind from the first impressions he was getting.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
07-12-2022, 09:27 AM
As Artorias welcomed him further on the lands, Balthier left the raft where it was, the shore wouldn't wash up enough to lose it out at sea again. He would take note as he mentioned the shimmering shore, but he'd take care of it later.

He stayed quiet as Artorias explained the territories and offered the pack resources in his time here. The thought of wine of course caught his interest immediately, but he wouldn't act so. He wanted to put out a good impression as best he could. He just gave a gentle nod every so often, and when Artorias gave him the offers he let out a gentle, "Thank you."

They neared the castle walls, at least in sight and Baltheir would still keep his quiet demeanor. He did think of his days in Abaven when Artorias mentioned him helping teach the wolves of The Hallows in fighting or his other more tuned skills which of course was more hunting for him. Just the quick thought of his father teaching him, or going out on hunts with Corvus. He tried not to think too hard about the childhood in Abaven, but the subtle memories were there as were the times he had been here in The Hallows.

As they stopped and Artorias had said he didn't want to overload him with too much, Balthier smiled gently, "I assure you aren't. I know a little of the pack, I've visited before." His gaze moved out towards the castle as that smile carefully faded. His paw pointed out towards the outskirts of the castle lands in the treelines surrounding, "My mother is buried outside the castle walls."

"Balthier"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

07-17-2022, 01:51 AM

All the while he spoke, Balthier remained quiet yet attentive, soaking in the wealth of information Artorias was passing to him. He appreciated the attention of his guest as well as his good humor, even if he was a little quiet and reserved. That was fine; the Hallows had plenty of introverts, two of which were his own sisters. Balthier thanked him for his hospitality, then reassured Art that he wasn't overwhelming him with an info dump. Good, that made the Aegis feel a little better. But that good mood was swiftly deflated like a balloon meeting a cactus when the gold and onyx wolf explained how he had visited the Hallows before—and that his mother was buried by the trees just outside the castle walls.

Balthier's words struck Artorias like a slap to the face. His attention snapped back to the other brute, eyes wide with shock and mouth moving but saying nothing. Balthier's mother was buried here?! But how...? When? As long as he'd lived here, no Hallows wolf had died besides his mother as far as he knew, and they'd never lost a patient here for treatment. Artorias' brain scrambled to try to remember what had happened in the pack's history, seeking the answer to the grim question. "I'm... so sorry, Balthier." There was a brief pause while Artorias tried to decide how to handle the sensitive subject. "Was your mother a patient with us...?" Surely that must have been the case, right? If she had been a member of the pack, then she would have had her children with her, right? He would have known Balth, but this was their first meeting.

One big happy family

Balthier

"The Golden Boy"

Loner

Expert Hunter (160)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono I

Mammoth Hunter1K
07-23-2022, 01:51 PM
Balthier was seemingly unfazed by Artorias' reaction. There was a bit of sadness in his own heart but more so because of the history he had with his mother rather than her death. His attention softly snapped back as if he was lost in some kind of thought. Maybe he was, but none that was reachable. His gaze moving back to the Aegis, "Oh, uh, it's fine really." He gave a quick nervous chuckle from the subject he supposed. He got a little deeper than was really comfortable for him around others, around anyone really. He liked to hold up a strong front and maybe he still was. But either way he still had some time to grow and get to know Artorias and the rest of The Hallows obviously.

"No, she lived here with the pack. I was born and raised in Abaven. She was supposed to move in with us but it never happened." He spoke very calmly, nonchalantly. He knew it wasn't necessarily the normal life, he wasn't entirely happy with it himself. But he had grown around his feelings surrounding Aranea. Feeling so cold to the thought of her, to the idea of their whole life back in Abaven, that was normal for him. He'd want to act like it wasn't that big of a deal because these days it wasn't. He'd go to step forward more towards the castle so he could get settled in and get out of the Aegis' hair for now. He wouldn't dismiss himself though, he wouldn't tell Artorias to leave. But maybe he could read the way he moved as if he wanted to be done with the conversation. Not harshly of course, but the subtle clues may have been there. He didn't show it purposely.

"Balthier"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

07-28-2022, 01:27 PM

Artorias was glad that his presuppositions didn't seem to upset or offend Balthier, the young man seeming to just shrug it off as he explained that he had lived in Abaven and his mother had chosen not to come live with his family. It did make him feel a little sad for the gold and black wolf, but ultimately he wouldn't dwell on it. Balthier seemed a little uncomfortable with the awkward conversation and ready to end it, as did the Aegis, so he would let it pass by in silence. Together the two of them walked towards the castle, passing through the impressive gates and through the lush gardens until they reached the main entrance. At this point, Artorias would let their newest addition go to his own devices to settle himself in.

"You can have your pick of any vacant room on the third floor. Please make yourself at home, Balthier, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask any of us." He gave the other brute a lopsided smile and dip of his head while he excused himself, pausing just long enough to add, "Oh, and we're very grateful to have you here." Then he would leave Balthier to get settled in, knowing he would see the other wolf around the Hallows on a regular basis soon enough.

- exit Artorias -

One big happy family