An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
07-05-2022, 10:04 PM

The Warlord had filled him in and Mortis was making his preparations. He looked about the treehouse with a sigh. He was still in the process of making this place feel like home. He wasn’t opposed to helping out his little brother, but his father did have a habit of sending him on errands without consulting him.

To get an idea of what he would need and when he would be expected to move, he hopped down from the tree house. His paws on the spring forest floor as he raised his head and called out to his brother. It would be good to have a chat with him, and know what he was walking into.

"Mortis"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-05-2022, 10:13 PM

Kotori heard his older brother’s call and hoped that meant Mortis had indeed decided to go with him.  It wasn’t about if needed Mort or not, Kotori was confident enough that he could find wolves and form a pack out of them, he just wanted his brother along.  The guy was both nice as a friendly older brother and trusted companion when on a task together.  Heck, he was even good at telling a secret or two too.  He’d mentioned Iki to him before he’d told anyone else.

Kotori loped over to where Mortis waited, grinning to his brother, “Mort!  Dad told you the news I guess?” He wouldn’t ask more until he was confident Mort knew that key piece of information, just in case he was wrong but the odds of being wrong were rather slim to none.

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-05-2022, 10:19 PM

He didn’t have to wait long before the tawny wolf made his appearance. Despite his dad's brisk way of ordering things, he treated Kotori to a wide smile. “I did! Exciting stuff” He said, reaching out with a wing and enveloping Kotori in a partial and feathered hug.

“Me and Hika don’t have much to pack, but I wanted to get the key parts from you. When, where, and what you need from me” he explained. Slipping Hika smoothly in there. His father hadn't mentioned Hika, but his fiance had already agreed to go and Mortis couldn’t even imagine leaving without him.

"Mortis"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

07-05-2022, 10:45 PM

Kotori remembered wanting wings the moment he’d seen Mort’s.  At some point, that dream had faded, replaced with obtainable things he wanted more.  Now his best dream was coming to fruition.  Kotori took the hug for a second before giving a friendly swat at the wing.

“When, after everything is settled here.  I told dad I could be here another week or two for any tasks that need doing, so if you need a bit of time to wrap things up, there’s plenty.”  His own pack, Valta.  “Where would be the rapids that had once belonged to Abaven before they departed.  The area is beautiful with plenty of prey and water.” Kotori had never imagined the land would become available.

“What I need?  Your strength, your experience, and just a trusted brother I can count on.  The pack’s name is Valta.  I plan to have the Fatalis bloodline be at the top of the pack’s positions.  As my older brother, my intent was to have you and possibly two other siblings right below me in stations.  Those I can most depend on.” Kotori hesitated then shrugged, “working on fancy names for ranks,” said with a soft chuckle. It was strange, the idea of his older brother being under him in station.  Well, wasn’t like he planned to be overbearing on any of the siblings that would be in his pack.  

“Hika is coming also?” Kotori’s grin grew, “that’s great!  I’ll be happy to have him!” Hikaru had been a good partner when things had been bad during the long night.  They had killed many a sick predator together.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-10-2022, 01:27 AM

“We will make sure we're ready before then” He said as Kotori spoke of the timeline being once things were wrapped up here. It would be a few weeks before everything got started. It gave him and Hika a little more time to make sure their treehouse would stand alright without them.

“You know you can count on me, Kotori. I want to support you however I can” the winged wolf admitted. He might not have as much ambition as much of his family did. But he did have a great deal of love for his family. He wanted to be there and support them as best as he could. That was why he didn’t really mind about it being decided for him that he would go.

At Kotoir’s surprise in hearing Hika was coming, the winged wolf found himself blushing lightly. “He’ll be a valuable addition to your pack. And, well.. I can’t imagine leaving without him.” He admitted. “Do you have many other numbers yet?”

"Mortis"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

07-13-2022, 12:10 AM

This was a great start.  At least the first stage of Kotori’s goal to start his own pack was going well.  Two wolves he could count on would be joining his pack.  One would be a Fatalis, one would be a wolf who Kotori had already worked with several times and found to be worthy of respect.  Even when Hika had been suffering from the sickness he had worked hard with Kotori to kill off any fool predators that got near the pack land.

The horned wolf put a paw on top of one of Mort’s slightly larger paws, grinning “I’ve never doubted you, Mort.  I count you a great addition to my pack.  I know you would never let me down.” i" Kotori added a grin as he removed his paw again, “you got good taste too.  I’m picky on who I choose to respect but Hikaru I like.”i"

Could there ever be a day where his pack ended up just Fatalis and their mates?  He wouldn’t kick out a member of the pack simply for not being of their blood but it was a nice thing to imagine.  What if they had a family of two dozen made up like that?  Adults, children, grandchildren, and mates.  The numbers could add up quickly enough.  Though he would fully encourage his kids to go find their own spot in the world if they wanted.  Aiming for greatness couldn’t always happen if one just spent their entire life where they had been born.

"Kotori"