An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-12-2022, 11:29 PM

The autumn rains have begun to fall in Auster and the prey animals have come out, seeking to quench their thirst at the swollen riverbeds. Word had reached the hunters of the Hallows about a small herd of large antelope that have settled at the nearby creek. Fern and Rudy had recruited the help of a newer member and the three quickly make their way toward the herd.

Luckily, the rains work in the hunters’ favor, dulling their scents and allowing them to cross the lands without drawing too much attention. Fern has left her sword back in the castle, their targets hide is not too thick and the steel will not be needed. Skirting the ridge of fossils, the creek soon comes into view and, lounging in the shade of the sycamore trees is the herd they seek.

Signaling for a stop behind on of the large trees, Fern turns to her hunting partners and says, “There they are. Waterbucks. Lots of meat on those large frames. I suggest we take one of the males back. So… ideas?” Blue eyes look from Rudyard to Greed, waiting to hear what they think. She knows how Rudy hunts but this is her first time with Greed. A soft smile is on pale lips as she listens to the others.

"Fern Lark"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-17-2022, 11:20 PM

Rudyard lay down under a tree, watching their prey as the dapple shade from the tree hit his dapple gray fur.  Most of the time Rudy was a chatty fellow with an easy grin who seemed to have little care but when it was time to hunt his demeanor would change.  The wolf was now silent and keenly watching his prey.  After a bit he had decided on the one he’d prefer, glancing back to Fern as she asked about ideas and then looked to Greed, “Why don’t you choose which one we get?”  It would be nice to see how Greed chose.  “We’ll go for whichever one you feel the best.”

Rudy’s attention turned back to Fern, “I’m going further down.  I’ll stir up the herd and make sure the one Greed chooses comes this way.  You two chase down the one and once it’s separated far enough from the herd I’ll come back and see if you need help in taking it down.” Rudy said his piece, waiting for both to agree and a choice is made on who would be the meal taken home.

"Speech"

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
07-21-2022, 03:59 AM

He had been recruited to go on a hunt with a couple of the pack members that he hadn't met yet. While he was more of a fighter than a hunter, he was still new to the pack so he'd try to get along with the rest of the members and...try to socialize whether he liked it or not. He was old now, and while he was almost always in a bad mood even in his younger years, age had not simmered him down in that department. But...he was only here for Claire's sake. If not for her, he probably wouldn't have bothered to travel all the way to Auster to live here again. Or Boreas for that matter.

The trio made it to the creek where their target herd was. His cold blue gaze spotted the herd of waterbucks, ears flicking as the two others spoke first. What he didn't expect, was for the young male to ask him to pick their target. He cast a quick glance at Rudyard before turning his gaze back to the herd, studying them. While he was old, he could still hunt. This herd looked healthy, and he couldn't quite seem to find a sick or injured one among them. Whatever. He supposed he'd go with one that at least had a decent pair of horns. Maybe he could take one to make something out of it or something. "That one." He pointed with his muzzle towards one that was on the outer edge of the group. It was of average height, but the horns on its head were long and curved back. Plus it looked kind of pudgy. That would make it a little slower than the rest, no?

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-22-2022, 07:04 PM

The group watch the waterbucks and, when Rudyard suggests that Greed pick their target, Fern dips her head in agreement. She waits to see what his choice is and, when he points out a well feed male with a huge rack of antlers on its head, a smile flashes across her pale lips. Nodding in understanding, the motley boy then moves off, making his way behind the herd so he can drive them toward Greed and Fern. As Rudy sets off, the gray girl looks the older wolf and inclines her head toward their target, silently suggesting that the get a little closer.

Crouched low, Fern moves up, staying downwind and using the trees and bushes for cover. She comes to a stop behind a wide sycamore’s tree trunk and Fern turns her blue eyes look to where Greed hides. Giving him a short nod to indicate that she is ready, her attention is pulled back to waterbucks as a sound of alarm rings through the herd. Fern’s looks to their target, ready to race out of her hiding spot at any moment and chase it down. Hooves begin to thunder as Rudyard stirs up the herd and Fern’s muscles twitch in anticipation.

"Fern Lark"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-07-2022, 09:45 PM

He made his choice, and Rudy had gone further down to get into position while Greed and Fern were left to do the same. He nods in understanding at Fern, and the older male slunk off to get into position slightly ahead of the herd and as close as he could get to the chosen target. Like Fern, he used the foliage as cover, keeping downwind as best he could as he moved slowly so as not to alert the herd to his presence. He paused within the cover of some rocks mottled with shrubbery near the edge of the group, catching the nod that she gives to indicate that she was ready.

Good.

He prepared himself for launch, and right as he prepared himself, an alarm call from the herd sounded and Rudyard began to send them running. Greed launched himself from his hiding spot, racing towards the herd to close the distance, his gaze locked onto the target waterbuck and he made his way closer, careful to avoid getting trampled should the herd decide to run his way, but so far so good. The pudgy buck remained on the outside and was having some difficulty keeping up with the rest as one by one, the others passed him. Greed was gaining ground on it, so much so that he managed to get into position right up alongside it where he snapped his teeth at its legs and caused it to stumble.

using 2 round skill pass

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!