Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-18-2022, 04:43 PM
Wren called the young man to the Battlefield today.

She was interested to see how he was doing with his training and decided that if he was to be a warrior... He could step over his biggest hurdle first. Beating his alpha-to-be. Of course, Wren also just wanted to do some exercise. She had healed nicely since the bear and decided a spar would wake her up.

"Thanks for coming" she says to Beauregard as she breaks away from him. The woman faces the other wolf, getting her defenses ready "this'll be a short match. Are you ready? If you are, come at me!" She challenged him, like the same thing she had done weeks prior. How they had bought grown...

And she only wanted him to go up from here.

"Speech"
ooc; no deadlines to post for your sanity! this is just a fun spar! 2 rounds only.
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
07-19-2022, 05:24 PM

When Wren called him to the battlefield this time Beauregard moved with more confidence. He was getting stronger, slowly but surely, by fighting predators and other wolves. He felt more confident than when he had first arrived in Boreas and when he first fought the alpha-to-be. While still uncertain of what to expect in his role as Tanelan’s… guardian of sorts… something within him whispered everything was going to be fine. He’d be ready if Mika showed up again. He’d help Tanelan protect himself from… well… he didn’t really consider Mika the same wolf at all. Sure the other used Tan’s body… but Mika was a world different from the wolf he was to call a packmate.

Beau gave a small nod to Wren as she thanked him for coming. Of course - he wasn’t one to turn down a request, especially from her. The woman had already earned his respect before she became his alpha, and how she seemed to handle the care of her members was enough for the youth to trust her fully. A good-natured smile appeared on his muzzle as he watched her set her defenses. He did likewise, slipping into a stance that was becoming more and more natural with every fight he came into.

“Wren,” Beauregard drew in a breath. “Friendly spar or not, I’m not going to hold back. I’m going to show you all I’ve learned!” Above him, listening in on the two wolves, Trill let out her cry. She was there to help, and make Wren proud of both of them.

Beau drew his blade in a calm, swift, yet a confident movement. The curved knife he held glinted in the sunlight and the yearling narrowed his eyes. It was time to begin.

The young male kicked off the ground, keeping his teeth tightened around the shaft of the blade. He came out Wren head-on, without fear, as he listened for Trill above him. The Bluejay was on the move, trailing behind her wolf companion, and yet, their movements almost seemed to be on the same wavelength, as if they were one.

The yearling sought to close the distance between himself and the alpha quickly. But though he came in hot the youth wasn’t going to merely crash into Wren, no. He pivoted on his right side, shifting his weight to that same side as he sought to slide up toward her left side with his own left being parallel to her own. He kept his head aligned with his spine during the charge, only to twist it down and to the right, raising the edge of the blade upward, once he felt he was close enough. For Wren to attempt a bite on his front half she would risk a tangle with his blade. He swung towards her, hoping to slash along the flat part of her left shoulder as he came in close and, with any luck, continued to move past her in a fluid movement. If she managed to stop that forward movement, however, he’d be prepared to change tactics on the fly. You never really knew how a fight would go, or how it’d evolve, until you were in the thick of it.

Beauregard vs Wren for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Curved blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather arm wraps
Companion 1: BlueJay, Female - Perception
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Intellectual

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-19-2022, 06:11 PM
"Heh."

It was all she could manage to say before he rushed her, and she let him close the distance. No use straining herself and exerting her stamina before she was ready. Wren planted her feet firmly, eyes narrowing and ears pinned. Her defenses were up and she would make sure to follow through with any attack she threw at him.

Beau slid beside her, using his blade again. He was large despite his age but still was a growing boy. She didn't tangle with his blade, but she did shove her weight into him. Seeing as he was parallel to her, she shifted her outer body to throw her adult weight into him. She tried to crash, to make him stumble. His blade missed her -

She had ducked her head as he swung. Her chin tucked. He still moved, but she followed him with her eyes. It would be difficult for him to make a followed attack when he was swinging around like this. More time for Wren to prepare a defense, and hope it held up.

"Speech"

Wren vs Beauregard for SPAR
Round 1/2
Size: Large
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Bracers
Companion 1: Peregrine falcon, Female - Battle
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

07-22-2022, 01:31 AM
Wren didn't falter. Despite him using his blade at what he thought was a level part of her body the woman threw her weight at him in an attempt to disrupt him. It was enough, and Beauregard needed to take a couple seconds to right his balance to be prepared in case she decided to toss herself at him again. He wasn't going to stumble that easily though!

He pivoted again as his front half passed her rear in the hopes of spinning back toward her. He kept his tail out like a banner behind him - a mistake since Wren might be able to grab at it, but the boy was focused on his task. At his current angle another knife swing would be pointless - she would likely hop away from the blade. What he did do, however, was purposefully kick up dirt and dust in hopes of temporarily disabling his opponent so he could find another opening.

Beauregard vs Wren for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Offensive Battle Accessory: Curved blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather arm wraps
Companion 1: BlueJay, Female - Perception
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Novice Intellectual

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-22-2022, 12:00 PM
He was fast, she'd give him that. An unpolished gem in the wind. Wren was thankful he was on their side, for he could grow to be a formidable warrior. Mercury would make sure to do such a thing; she was sure of both of them. The man and the boy. But before Beau could master it, he had to get used to the idea of losing. A spar was one thing, but a fight was another. She'd have to teach him and assess his skills.

The boy kicked up dirt, but he was behind her. It did little to defer her actions, even if it was annoying. As he rounded her, he still made sure to make an obscuring cloud. As he passed, she saw an opening. His tail was out, and she lunged at it, trying to clamp her teeth around the banner. If that happened, she could have a hold on him. She sought to drag him closer by his tail, as he tried to keep distance between them. His mistake; a drawn out fight was not in the cards today.

"Speech"

Wren vs Beauregard for SPAR
Round 2/2
Size: Large
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Bracers
Companion 1: Peregrine falcon, Female - Battle
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-25-2022, 07:12 PM

And the winner is...

BEAU

WREN must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

BEAU

Attack Roll: 62
Defense Roll: 90
Agility Roll: 6
Perception Roll: 69
Total: 227
Attack[62] + 15% Bonus[9.30]: 71.30
Defense[90] + 15% Bonus[13.50]: 103.50
Agility[6] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 6.00
Perception[69] + 10% Bonus[6.90]: 75.90
Total[256.70] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 256.70

WREN

Attack Roll: 34
Defense Roll: 39
Agility Roll: 16
Perception Roll: 86
Total: 175
Attack[34] + 40% Bonus[13.60]: 47.60
Defense[39] + 15% Bonus[5.85]: 44.85
Agility[16] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 16.00
Perception[86] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 86.00
Total[194.45] + 25% Bonus[48.61]: 243.06

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-25-2022, 07:58 PM
It was disappointing, but she conceded.

Pulling away from Beauregard, she placed space between them. Wren eyed the young wolf before a tense smile broke. She was going to be an alpha and she lost? It was hard to be proud and disappointed at the same time but she powered through. Truly, she was proud of him. "You've obviously been practicing and learning" she remarked to the lad "once Mercury assesses your skills for himself, you can easily earn the rank of Paladin." Because Mercury was Seneschal and it was his responsibility to see Beauregard promoted or not on his words.

"Let's go back" Wren added, turning to view the northern sky "no doubt you're hungry after that, huh?" she smirked "I know I am!" Without another word to the lad, she darted off. Perhaps it was time to claim a blade and add a weapon to her arsenal? The one Basilisk had been shown hung in her den to this day. It would be easy to take it down and use it but did she want to? A blade didn't mean victory. The pain of defeat was mental, not physical. But she had to think of the pack... And had to keep growing.

/exit

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

07-26-2022, 12:19 AM

Wren pulled away from him and Beauregard straightened, pricking his ears forward. His alpha had conceded to him? He’d really done well? He smiled happily, his tail wagging back and forth as she noticed he’d been practicing and learning. “I’ve been trying!” He was excited, hopeful that he could become a Paladin now. He’d never stop improving on his skills as a fighter, and even if he needed to prove himself again to Mercury, he would happily. Beau was looking forward to that day, but till then, he’d just keep working on improving.

“Sounds good to me, I could definitely use a bite after that.” Beauregard blinked as Wren darted off ahead of him, his grin widening. ‘I bet my parents would be so proud of me… Kendrick and Alessa too.’ He broke into a run after the alpha. He was happy and proud of himself, but he wouldn’t let one victory go to his head. Besides, right now all he was focused on was getting home and getting something to eat!

/end

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.