Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-29-2014, 03:01 PM

Vereux was getting mildly better at his job, if anything he wasn't getting any worse. Healing was so hard, and he didn't know why the only reason he had done it was possibly to get closer to Irune. And now that Irune was gone, well, it seemed like there was no point in this at all. It wasn't like he could instantly change his mind either saying he hated healing it was stupid and wanted to go back to being a blood. No, that would be rude, and Eris was doing her best in training him, it'd be a crime to waste that. Vereux sighed, it wasn't like anyone cared anymore his heart was already strung high from losing his family hating his mother and all those things.
His mind turned to Athena, realizing she was still here, but he knew nearly nothing about her. Truth was he was afraid to, afraid of the pain that would come with liking and knowing her then only for his heart to be ripped out again. He shook his head from the thought, it was a stupid idea, a stupid thought. After all if he had been so afraid what did the friendship mean between Etern, everyone for that matter. He stood tall, sighing and giving a snort. He would simply need to concentrate on his healing lessons and with that he wouldn't let anyone walk over him.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-29-2014, 03:20 PM

Her family had been lingering on her brain as of late. That's really why she came back, wasn't it? To be with them? She could say all the wanted that she had come back to make her place in the pack, that she wanted to make her father proud, that she wanted to learn and train, but at the end of the day that would all be talk. She came back because it was lonely out there in the wild with no family by her side. Here in Glaciem she was literally surrounded by family. She was related to at least half of the pack at this point.

But of course her brothers were held above the rest in her mind. They would always hold a special place in her heart, just like her parents, but lately it seemed like Vereux didn't want to have that place and she hadn't seen Genesis anywhere. Ever since that day at the hunting training with Liberty she had kept her distance from her brother, feeling hurt by his reaction to her appearance. Once again, she could talk all day about how it didn't bother her, but really it did.

Speak of the devil. She had been wandering the territory when suddenly her brother's scent crossed her. Athena looked up and, sure enough, there he was. She sighed softly, looking at him for a few moments before padding toward him, knowing that they had to sort this out eventually. "Hey," she said simply as she got closer. She stopped a few feet from him, wondering what he would say.

Speech
Thought
Others

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-29-2014, 03:34 PM

Vereux nearly let a gasp escape his throat, right in the middle of his thoughts his sister was approaching him with a simple word. Part of him didn't know what to do, his temperature rose feeling hot all over his body. Nervous with his heart rate bucketing against his chest he tried to take in a deep breath or two. She was probably mad at him, with how coldly he had acted during the pack hunt. His emerald eye would come to meet with one of her red and green ones. Curiously as he looked her over making sure she was alright regardless of how he felt when she was the one had come back. Unlike his mother who he had told up front he no longer held a place in his heart for her. Argent was no longer someone important to him as he had once held dear, and it hurt but he got over it.
"Hello." It was good as any conversation starter but at least this time he didn't reject her. He wasn't sure how his sister felt about him, since Armada's came in all shapes, sizes, personalities she could be one of the darker ones. He had just happened to follow a lighter path, and an idiotic choice to become a healer for all the crap he was going to have to deal with.
"....Why did you come back?" he asked curiously. Vereux honestly wanted to know, he knew Argent came back because she was tired to his father like a flea. Though their father had been sick as of late and it made him worried nevermore. From what his uncle had been telling him, Isardis was still sick but Eris was doing her best to heal him so that he could take over the throne again. So why did Athena come back? Revenge, hoping to gain a higher place, or did she simply have no place left to go.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-29-2014, 03:47 PM

"Hello." Well, it wasn't a growl. Athena would take it. She settled down on her haunches as she watched her brother closely, half wondering if he still hated her and half curious as to why he hated her in the first place. He questioned why she came back, which was a fair question in her opinion. "A little bit of a lot of things, I guess. There's only so much I can learn on my own with trial and error and I had always hoped that I'd be able to be an important part of the pack when we were growing up... But really I was just lonely. I missed my family." She glanced down awkwardly at her paws at the last reason, shifting a bit uncomfortably. Sharing her feelings wasn't something the warrior enjoyed, but she felt like it was necessary to tell the truth.

She looked back up at him, deciding to get at least one piece of her curiousity out of the way. "What happened to your eye?" It must have been something that happened after she left since the last she remembered he was perfectly fine.

Speech
Thought
Others

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-29-2014, 04:02 PM

Vereux listened, expected something along the lines she wanted to get stronger and serve for the holy purpose or something like that. But what she said amazed him, making his eye widen a bit, but then he stepped back and with held a chuckle that caught on the edge of this throat. She was sort of like him, which, didn't surprise him since they were full siblings. Vereux smiled, and gave a sigh as he lowered his head a bit. "I'm the only one left...well I lie. Mother is back, but she gave us up for the pups of another man. And our father is sick and possibly dying. Genesis left, and I don't know where he went. So I've been alone." He said in a more saddened tone. "I'm glad...that you came back...Thank you." Vereux said facing her.
Though then she asked about his eye, oh yeah that was a while ago wasn't it. Oh dear the gods he'd rather not be reminded of the damn pain he went through and the stupid thing he had to do was to help his mother carry her pups to the pack with a missing eye. "During the hurricane, a branch went through my eye and tore it out. Luckily Argent was there, though before I could get treatment I had to help her carry her children back to Glaciem. Not really fitting for a healer is it." he chuckled.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-29-2014, 04:24 PM

She was disappointed to hear Vereux talk about their now almost non-existent family. She knew that their father was sick and she had noticed Genesis's absence, but the fact about their mother's newest litter was news. Argent had mentioned the pups when she first arrived, but Athena hadn't realized that they were fathered by someone else. She wasn't so sure about how he spoke of her giving them up for her newest litter though. Argent had seemed plenty happy to see her.

Athena listened to his story about his eye, her ears flicking back at the thought of a branch in his eye. She remembered the hurricane well enough, it had happened not long after she had left. It had felt like a harsh welcome to the life of a rogue when she had realized that there was no one there to make sure she was okay once it was all over. She frowned at the thought of her brother having to carry his half-siblings back to the pack before he could get any help, not quite understanding why their mother would make him do that.

She felt some of the tension fall out of her shoulders feeling now that she could talk to him without much worry of him snapping at her. Maybe things between them weren't as bleak as she had expected them to be. "Well, out of all the family that's gone, I'm glad you aren't one of them, Vereux." She smiled slightly and continued, But, what got you interested in healing? I never would have pegged you for a healer growing up."

Speech
Thought
Others

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
04-29-2014, 04:39 PM

It was true perhaps Vereux had over-reacted to his mother, but fact was rather than spending time with the children she had in Glaciem and loving Isardis. She had ran, and had another man's pups forsaking her mate in which she had married. Isardis of course turned to his sister, and Vereux didn't mind Sendoa as his step-mother. But it was also odd that she was also his aunt, he couldn't judge too harshly it simply just confused him.
And well shit, he had made a stupid decision on a whim and was keeping it too. His only drive for being a healer had always been Irune since he didn't seem strong enough to become a warrior like he had wanted when he was younger. His body was more slim, though scarred on his leg and eye. He wasn't one to want to waste himself at that. Regardless of the choices he made he felt like an idiot no matter how hard he was trying now.
"Actually....it sucks. I'm not very good at it and I don't know if I'll ever be. My half sister Irune was the reason I wanted to do it....but after I made the decision she left like everyone else I pretty much cared about. I don't know if this is what I am meant to do, but I can't just let Eris' hard work go to waste on me." He sighed with a bit of a groan. Though standing, he then went to lean against his sister if she would accept it. "I was just so afraid....of everyone leaving me just when I would start to get close to them."

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-02-2014, 12:31 PM

The silver fea was a little disappointed to hear that her brother was having such a hard time with his chosen vocation. After hearing how everyone had seemingly left she felt guilty for being included in that group. Thinking back on it, she wondered if leaving had really been a good idea. She had learned a lot about herself and her skills while she was gone, but could she have done that here? Or could she have taken her brothers with her? Well, either way, there was no use questioning it. There was no changing it now.

Vereux leaned into her and she would let him, even leaning her head to the side to rest it on top of his. Athena would have never guessed that either of her brothers would have been her closest friend, but here she was, doing just that. Sure, they still had their mother and father when it was opportune for them, and they had dozens of half-siblings, but really when it came down to it maybe they were all eachother had. "I'm not going to leave again, Vereux, and if I do I'll take you with me," she replied, her tone making the statement a promise. Lifting her head, she smirked and nudged him playfully, adding, "But only if you don't tell anyone about me being all mushy!" Athena chuckled, hoping she could lighten the mood a bit.

Turning her attention back to the problem of Vereux floundering at being a healer, she paused thoughtfully and then went on, "I think Eris would rather you be honest with her. I mean, cut your losses and find something you really are good at. If I was Eris, I would rather you be honest so I could focus on teaching someone that really, really wanted to learn healing. I don't think she'd be offended or anything."

Speech
Thought
Others

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
05-14-2014, 12:59 AM

Of course he had never expected himself to become so soft so civil in his lifetime. Part of him thought it was his fate because of how ducked up everything had become, part of him knew he was hiding behind his mask of fear that he would never live up to what his father expected of him. Depending on his siblings to carry his thoughts though, this was the most he could do until glacier found its stability. His eye would shut before straightening himself once more giving a sigh.
"If it really comes to that, I'd be glad to go with you Athena. But right now I guess the two of us should try our hardest. Glacier has been in shambles, half the wolves don't know what to do with themselves, and when others try so hard to get them to stop pondering, it just doesn't work. And I won't tell anyone that your mushy, your not your a strong princess!" he said nothing many training sessions cut short, or some just not interested as they had been when he was a child. Though she then spoke of honesty, his eye narrowed before contemplating his thoughts.
"There is, another training with me. I guess I should talk with Eris, but I'm scared Athena, what if I don't find a place? Then I'm just a rock weight." Vereux let out a stifled growl of anger in himself. If he couldn't do anything he would rather not live, he wouldn't know until he tried. But no one ever spoke to him about it, perhAps after a long time, he should consult his father.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-14-2014, 12:08 PM

Athena was glad to know that she had her brother's support, seemingly through anything, even if she decided to move. She knew that everything he said about Glaciem was true and it made her sad. Their pack should be a source of pride, but like Vereux said, it was in shambles. His comment about he being a princess would make her smirk. She couldn't tell if he was being serious or sarcastic, but she would take the complement either way.

Her smirk would fall away, however, when her brother replied to her bid for him to be honest with Eris, telling her how he was scared about finding his place in the world. She would bump her muzzle against his, her gaze finding his with an encouraging smile. "You'll never be rock weight, Veruex. You don't have to be the best healer or the best hunter or even the best fighter. Just do what you enjoy and try your hardest at it. There are wolves that might be great warriors, but never get anywhere in life because they have no drive or their personality is lacking. Just remember that and be yourself and I'll always be proud of you."

She leaned against her brother, bumping her muzzle against his again with a chuckle. "Now, stop being so down in the dumps, Vereux. We're together, we're friends again, we have a home. Not a great home, but it is a home. And we can make it better."

Speech
Thought
Others

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
05-14-2014, 11:51 PM

She lied, in the end if he didn't find a place his father would expunge him from the very world. He wouldn't just let him go, he would tear the boy apart. The thought made him want to curl into a corner and die with that realization. Athena, the bright gem that shined in front of him. Yes, this was his purpose he had grown to love in the first place. A long forgotten vow that he had never said out loud to protect and serve his family well. As his snout made contact with her whitish fur his green eye made a solid expression towards her. His dark colored eyes would pull back, Glaciem was a broken piece of ice but she would be the one to unite it again and he wanted to be there to assist her at all costs.
He smiled, smiled like he hadn't in a very long time. A short chuckle leaving his throat, yes they were together and they would be together hopefully for as long as he lived. Vereux suddenly stood he stepped a few inches away from her as well. As for once in his life he stood, chest out, brimming within the sun with his muscles rippling underneath him. While he was more lean, he could always seem proud more than what he had carried himself before. He dipped his head, "I Vereux Armada, son of Isardis, and sister to princess Athena hereby vow that I will serve beside you no matter the cost. I will be your knight, and a shoulder to cry on in the dark when you must hide your weakness from others. I will grow strong to protect you through the cold and the heat. I won't be a weakling any longer." he spoke these words with them etching into his heart.
"If you'd let me Athena...I would be your knight for eternity, as well as your blood brother. I want to support you all the way to the top, it is the least I can do, and set my heart on." He looked at her seriously, before giving a smile. Only with her could he show these feelings anymore. They would be struck down for training, and to follow a path to make himself stronger. He would learn to deal with his lack of vision, and he would learn to make his muscles stronger than what they were now.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-15-2014, 01:36 AM

Suddenly Vereux would stand, stepping several inches away, making Athena blink with surprise. One moment he looked uncertain of himself and was questioning his very existence in this pack, and the next he was standing before her with a new pride radiating from him. She would watch wide eyed as her brother began to speak. He made promises that Athena would have never thought that she would hear. As he finished his promise, her gaze would soften, sisterly affection overwhelming her. Of all the things her brother could have done, this was something that she would always treasure. She swelled with pride, glad to be someone that Vereux felt he could put his trust in.

She stood and closed the distance between them, affectionately brushing her cheek against his. "I wouldn't want anyone else by my side, Vereux. I'm going to make you proud. That's my vow to you. For as long as you put your trust in me, I will strive to never let you down. We can make a difference here. We'll do it together." Her gaze found his once more and she smiled, her tail wagging behind her.

This whole conversation was a surprise. She had approached him simply hoping that he would be her friend, but he turned out to be so much more. He was suddenly not only her brother, but her confidant, her knight, someone she could always turn to. There was only two wolves in the whole world that shared the same blood as her, those being her two brothers, and they were automatically of the most importance in her life, but Vereux had earned his place there with more than just relations. She gently bumped her muzzle against his, adding, "We can train together and make each other stronger."

Speech
Thought
Others

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
05-15-2014, 06:21 PM

She was his light, his motion, his everything. It was odd as to say, he was glad to just give his life and heart away. Feeling was being pushed far down now, or at least partly. Aside from what he would show to her. Vereux felt by blood that they were drawn and connected to each other and it was important that he realized that. And even now, the shambles that they were walking upon would somehow make sense eventually. His tail would give a wag, as the half blind yearling rubbed his muzzle against her cheek listening to her as she spoke. He gave her a small nuzzle of affection on the side of her neck as he had seen many of his siblings do to each other.
"Well, then I'll have to work harder in case I need to impress you." he smirked, tail wagging. His green eye meeting one of her oddly split colored ones. Though Athena would probably receive special training, he would have to train himself. After all, once upon a time he was a pup with the dream of leading. Now his sole purpose was protection of the supreme leader.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-17-2014, 12:00 AM

He might have one eye and he might not know what he's good at yet, but he was loyal and that counted for plenty in her book. He was loyal and strong willed when he had something to put himself behind. She could use that, and she would, but she knew he could be so much more and she would help him be that. If he was going to put so much faith in her she would do her best to be something worth putting his trust in. And in turn, she would help him become the wolf that could help her advance her goals.

An idea popped into her head, one she had been thinking about for a while now, but now she had someone to include in it. A grin broke out across her face. "Vereux, will you make a little trip with me? I have something I want and I think I know where to go to get it, but it's in the south. It shouldn't take more than a day or two though." She looked at him hopefully and wondered if he would agree. She could go on her own of course, but she would really enjoy his company if he chose to come with her.

Speech
Thought
Others