gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
07-28-2022, 11:02 PM

It had been a couple of days since Lucette and Bae-Syl had shown up. His beloved mate had attacked Bae-Syl when she first met him but, after hearing how she had interpreted seeing him, the winged-male understood why. She had been afraid, fearing the worst when she only smelled their daughter but didn’t see her. Gavroche had been trying to her best to comfort his mate since then… she hadn’t been herself, especially when Lucette came to visit them. She hadn’t been put back into contact with Bae-Syl yet though he was staying with Lucette close by. The male was thankful for the fact the two of them were together, but he was growing increasingly worried about Bells.

“You’ll have to face Lucette eventually, you know.” His words were gentle, reminding Bellamy that how she responded to their daughter’s visits when she came wasn’t good for either of them. “I know you’re scared that you’re going to hurt her but she’s your little girl, Bells… you’d never do that. If you were that dark of a creature as you fear, you would have continued attacking both Lucette and Bae-Syl that day. You’re not a monster.” He stressed this fact to her. “No matter what your brain tries to tell you.” He stayed by her side, hoping that, as it stormed outside, she might talk to him.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-29-2022, 02:49 PM

Bellamy had been quiet ever since Lucette visited them that morning. The woman felt guilty about what had happened between herself and her daughter's best friend. The "attack" on Bae-Syl had shaken her considerably. She wasn't sure how to interact with their little girl anymore. It was hard to look Lucy in the eye… her daughter had gotten so upset… because of her. So Bellamy had withdrawn into herself. Whispers from her past, the cries of her being a monster haunted her memory… did… Did her baby think that too?

It had been hours since Lucette left and Bellamy stared out of their den with the hope their daughter had gone back to where she and Bae-Syl were denning. Despite both Gavroche and Lucy telling her that Bae-Syl was willing to come around her Bellamy had avoided talking about it. She remained shelled up. At least until another prod from her mate reached her ears.

"I know…" Bellamy muttered. She kept her gaze on the downpour and shivered at Gavroche's touch. "I…" Bells let the words die on her lips. She had already pounced on the rainbow male. If he hadn't tried to hold her back the Divinities only knew what she would have done…

"What if Lucy hadn't shown up, Gav? Are you saying it's okay that I would have mauled, possibly killed an innocent youth?"

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

07-29-2022, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 02:51 PM by Gavroche. Edited 1 time in total.)

Gavroche was quiet, feeling Bellamy shiver at his touch. Despite the reaction, he knew the woman needed him… now maybe more than ever. She had been shaken badly, her confidence stirred just as his own had been before they were reunited with their little one. He could hear the fear in her voice, the sad edge to it, and felt the weight of her guilt in her question. He closed his green eyes and snuggled closer to her.

"Of course it wouldn't have been okay." He was honest with her. "But that doesn't mean we all don't know why you would have. The reasoning never justifies the action, Bells, but that doesn't mean it's not there. I know that it's terrifying to think about what could have happened but if you hold on to every what if, every possibility of what could have been, then how are you supposed to live in the here and now?" He asked her softly.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-29-2022, 02:51 PM

"I'm just afraid," Bellamy admitted.

"I'm… I thought I was beyond all of this. That my past was behind me… But here it is again, bashing right up against me to remind me I'm a fucking monster!" Her voice rose and she trembled as she squeezed her eyes shut. "I can still see the faces of so many I've hurt… I've killed… if I had hurt him… if I put Lucy through that… What kind of parent am I?" She curled toward him and let out a loud whine.

"I don't want to hurt her… yet you can say so confidently that I wouldn't. How can you know that, Gav? How do you know those herbs would even help me? How do you know that this won't happen again?" Her voice had become softer as she held him. She was just… afraid. Afraid of herself. Afraid of what she was capable of. She had destroyed lives before… all she wanted was to live happily with her mate, her family… but was it meant to be? Was she just chasing a lost cause?

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

07-29-2022, 02:52 PM

"I know you are," Gavroche told her, keeping his eyes closed. He drew closer to her, letting their fur touch. He trusted Bellamy… he just wished she could see the soul within that he saw. "You aren't a monster." He spoke with confidence. "Monsters don't feel remorse, Bells. Monsters don't worry about hurting loved ones if they have any at all." He let his eyes slide open and he licked her between the eyes.

"You're a good mother, Bellamy. Protective as hell, just like a mother should be." He continues to speak gently to her, trying to soothe the worries and hurts in her mind. It had taken too long for her to start responding to him… but now he could make some progress with her. He would help her, by the Divinities he would.

"I can't say they'll work perfectly Bells, nor can I promise something like this wouldn't happen again… but I can promise you I will always be there to help you chase away those demons, that darkness that threatens to consume you. If you're willing to fight the Gods and Divinities for me then I'll learn to fly. I'll fly into that sky above us and lasso you the sun. I'll bring it back for you so that darkness never rears its ugly head again. You're strong, Bellamy. Stronger than any wolf I know. You're honest and straightforward, you're motherly And protective, and you'd do anything for your family… me and Lucette." Gavroche drew in a breath.

"Those are not the traits of a monster. No matter what it takes, Bells, I'll fight them off you. I'll go for their ankles so hard and fast they won't know what hit them." He smiled a little. "Please… Lucy isn't angry with you and I'm confident Bae-Syl understands…give them a chance too. Open back up, Bells, and shine with your own light. I know you can do it."

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-29-2022, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 02:55 PM by Bellamy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Gavroche wouldn't let him. He fought her fear, her insecurities, with honesty and gentle firmness. Of course, monsters didn't feel remorse. They were monsters for a reason… they just hurt, and hurt, and hurt… just like those that took her family away from her. She didn't interrupt him, letting Gavroche lead their conversation for a while. His voice was soothing… and she did her best to focus on his words.

He was so kind, so gentle with her. She couldn't help but sadly chuckle softly at his words. "Don't you remember the tale of the one who flew too close to the sun? He lost his wings and fell." Despite her comment, she was truly feeling better than she had felt in days. Just like she had fought to reassure Gavroche he was fighting to make sure she knew things would be okay.

"I'll try." She told him. "I know he's not a danger to Lucy now… I just really hope you're right." She opened her eyes, meeting Gavroche's gaze.

"We'll go see them tomorrow, after the storm."  She was sure the kids would be surprised to see them. No matter what… she'd trust in Gav. When she couldn't trust herself she would lean on him. They were a team… and that was something she needed to remember.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

07-29-2022, 02:57 PM

Gavroche stuck his tongue out at Bellamy as she made her comment about the wolf that lost its wings. "Some folks are worth falling for." He told her with a grin. He shifted a little, looking at her with hopeful eyes. She had said that she would try, and, for Gav, that was good enough. She was willing to make the effort. She even said that they'd go see the kids tomorrow once the weather cleared.

"That sounds like a plan, my love." He moved his smaller paw over her own. "You'll do just fine. Who knows? Maybe you and Bae-Syl will get along great once you have a second chance." He lowered his head onto his other paw. "And I'll be able to sit with Lucy for a while. Maybe give her another lesson of some sort." He let his eyes close again.

"Why don't we rest for now? There's not much to do while it's storming that badly, after all." He could feel Jessie shift as she nestled against his ear. "Our companions have the right idea. It'll go by faster if we nap. I love you Bells, exactly as you are. Never, ever forget that."

/End

"Speech" 'Thought.'