Getting Bearings

Eden

Griffith

gems
size
build
player
07-30-2022, 09:53 PM
When had he and Wis washed up on the shore of this continent? Griffith honestly wasn't totally sure, they'd taken some time to get themselves back up to full strength and then a few more to get their bearings and the realization that he'd gravely miscalculated. They were not in fact anywhere near the neighbouring kingdom he'd been looking for... In fact, they'd yet to see another cat. They certainly weren't alone, they'd caught the scents of other big cats here and there but the overwhelming scent of canine permeated the whole of the lands they'd crossed. They should probably figure out exactly where they were.

Griffith had left Wisteria in the small forest they'd found, he'd promised her he'd be back soon, which was absolutely the plan. But he also wasn't really interested in letting Wis face any potential danger in this unknown world they'd faced and he was headed towards one of the strong canine scents they'd passed, he needed to get a better understanding of where exactly they'd found themselves, even if he wasn't quite dumb enough to get right up on what he'd figured out were some kind of borders. Griffith figured he could handle himself, but he certainly wasn't stupid enough to think he could take a whole kingdom of dogs.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy

Eden I

"Build on the light to carry you"

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodyDouble MasterPride - Bisexual
07-30-2022, 10:27 PM

She was near the Fern Gulley, on her side of the border. The Plunder was behind her, even if she inched away from it and crept slowly over the border as she went. This time, she looked for more herbs. Well, it was an 'as usual!' one. She was always looking for herbs in a sense; be it motherwort, lavender, or marigold. Those seemed to be the theme with collecting. Eden walked until she spotted a massive shape. She paused, fear welling in her stomach.

A lion?

Here?

She froze on the spot, quivering for herself and her unborn children. The lion didn't seem to notice her. She wanted to yell, to scream and alert the Plunder. But she was such a coward... Eden, instead, backed away... If she could remain unseen, she could scurry back. Yes, that seemed a good plan. As she backed away, a paw hit a stick. It snapped. O-Oh! she gasped audibly now, fear and panic inequality. She balked, eyes wide and wild.

"Speech"
1/3 - met new person

AS HER OWNER...
ignis praetor is allowed in any thread, even ones marked private
baelfire, diablo, rivin and aresenn are also allowed due to being her children

Griffith

gems
size
build
player
07-30-2022, 11:36 PM
Griffith had to admit it was gorgeous here, not that his own kingdom wasn't beautiful... No it would always be the most gorgeous land he would ever see and his heart squeezed for all he'd left behind... All he'd never have again- But back home the natural world felt more... Purposeful, restrained, carefully kept patches of grass lining roads and designed gardens adorning the castle walls... Here nature was raw, untamed and that had it's own sort of beauty. That thought was drifting through his mind when the snapping of a twig caught his attention, an ear swiveling towards the noise a moment before he turned massive maned head to look upon-

A wolf? Though not like any he'd ever seen before, she was brighter than any wolf he'd ever spotted before. He had little personal experience with the canine species, they were a rare enough sight in the kingdom, usually only showing on diplomatic missions and even then rarely. It took a moment longer to register the look of fear on the smaller predator, and the rounding of her abdomen. Oh! A look of realization lit up Griffith's face and he lowered himself slightly, making himself smaller, less threatening. "I'm sorry I did not mean to frighten you." Gods he hoped they spoke the same language here... He wasn't exactly convinced that all the language lessons he's napped through would serve him well if not.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy

Eden I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-31-2022, 12:03 PM

This would be the first time she ever... conversed with another species. She always assumed they were incapable of the common tongue, and then fights happened over silly reasons. Eden paused again as the feline lowered himself, uttering an apology to her. She blinked slowly, confused herself at the moment. "I-I am sorry" she admits "I did not... well, I have never spoken to a lion before."

With the Plunder behind her, she felt at ease. All it would take was a call and they'd all come running. It was just one lion, and if Habari's raid was anything... They were all brave and fierce. "My name is Eden" she continues, attempting to wash away the unease and focus on her burning curiosity "forgive me, many lions we see here in Boreas... They are not very friendly. We have fought with them before." She cautioned the man now.

"Speech"
2/3 - met new person

AS HER OWNER...

Griffith

gems
size
build
player
08-10-2022, 09:26 PM
The wolf spoke, her voice carrying an accent he wasn't used to hearing, not from a wolf at least and one of his ears flicked as he noted this. Her words certainly implied things that certainly did not bode well for where Griffith had originally meant to arrive. And his suspicion was confirmed when she mentioned a location he'd never heard of before... Boreas... Was that a kingdom name or something else? "Well then miss Eden, allow me to apologize on behalf of my kinsmen, hardly a good impression nor worthy behaviour of polite company." He gave a practiced bow, a forepaw rising to press against his chest and his mane falling to cover his face for a brief moment as he dipped his head. "I am Griffith Savoy, and it seems I find myself rather far from home." He lifted his head, already flashing the woman his most charming smile.

"I am a bit embarrassed to admit I have never heard of Boreas." He chuckled lightly, his tone making it clear that it was more a turn of phrase than real embarrassment. Though it certainly left him unsure what to even begin to do moving forwards, in truth he'd added his last name to his introduction to see if the woman had any reaction to it, after all, few animals in his own kingdom would have believed a Savoy standing before them, at least not without half a platoon's worth of protection behind them. And all Griffith had was himself, and Wisteria but for all he adored her he knew that the tigress wasn't much of a warrior.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy

Eden I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-11-2022, 11:05 PM

"You are too kind, Griffith."

She surprised herself with the words, but she did not find anything outwardly wrong with the lion. He seemed to be the perfect gentleman, but she had been wrong before... No, no. She should not do that to herself. Not to him either. She smiled less nervously now, tilting her head at his words.

He almost seemed... knightly. It was endearing. "Boreas is the land you find yourself in right now" Eden continues, gesturing to the location "but this particular spot is Fern Gulley" How to explain... "there is another continent below us, connected by a land bridge known as Bifrost" she paused to let that sink in "it is named Auster."

"Auster is more tropical in winter, to my knowledge" she added "but I haven't been there in the spring. This is my first spring here. I am far from home too."

"Speech"

AS HER OWNER...