gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
08-02-2022, 05:55 PM

For the past few hours, not long after Wren had shown Bellamy and himself where they could rest, the tiny winged male had been anxious. One moment his mate had seemed fine, collected, like she had been doing better and was ready to tackle this next step of their lives together… and then something happened. Gavorche didn’t know what it was, but he hadn’t been quick enough to follow her. Long-legged strides had carried Bellamy away from him and as he realized he wasn’t catching up he stopped and could only watch as she disappeared through the tree line. There had been no word, no warning, and now, as the sun was setting, there was still no sign of the female returning.

Her companions, now currently in the den with his own, had no luck in locating her either. He was growing more and more worried. This was strange, even for Bellamy. The woman had always been willing to at least lay there, curl around him for comfort, but this? Avoiding even being near him? He could feel his stomach churning, flip-flopping as he paced back and forth in front of the den. His gaze would shoot up every so often in the direction she had gone, praying to see her return, but… with so many hours, and nightfall about to hit, he didn’t know what to do.

Was Bellamy’s mind actually getting worse? Was the lavender not enough to keep her calm from her traumas? Was he not enough? Could he really fight off her inner demons? How could he keep her safe? His ears remained flattened against his skull as a whimper fell from his lips. Gav knew he was doing everything he could for Bells, but maybe it wasn’t enough. Maybe he needed to get more healing advice… surely someone has handled patients with this before and could help her manage? Something had to be possible. Bellamy had suffered enough! He didn’t want her suffering more.

He was unsure if he should tell Wren. While they were guests in the pack he didn’t expect them to help him look for his missing mate.

They didn't owe him anything…

Gavroche stared through the tree line again, green eyes troubled as he waited. He felt helpless, uncertain… while he could likely track Bells down he wasn’t sure if that was the best approach in this situation either. Did she need help? Space? What was the right call here…?

Feeling defeated he lowered his rear to the earth and let out a heavy sigh.

He just didn’t know.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-03-2022, 03:04 PM
"Gavroche?"

She approached the man, carrying on her back a pine marten whose leg had been twisted. She found the poor little thing on the edge of the Gorge, crying out in pain. Probably one of her hunting traps gone wrong, to be frank, but she felt it prudent to get help for it. But that could wait. The healer seemed distressed and she was here, available to help him probably as he would have helped her.

"Is something wrong?" Wren prompted as she neared "where's Bellamy?" She hadn't seen the woman stray from her mate's side since arriving. This felt wrong. She hoped nothing was going on... Maybe they had a fight? She hoped it was all that was wrong. Gavroche looked deeply troubled. On her back, as if sensing discomfort, the pine marten cooed.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

08-03-2022, 09:55 PM

Wren’s voice broke into his thoughts and Gavoche turned his attention to the brunette alphess. The expression he wore and the posture he held spoke of being defeated. He was at a loss, he hadn’t wanted to draw this to her attention if he didn’t have to, be worry gnawed at him. A gut feeling that something was terribly, terribly wrong. Bellamy always came back to him. They were never apart this long, never. Something happened. Something had to have happened. And he was just sitting here, helpless, as usual.

“I don’t know.” He answered Wren honestly. “I didn’t think about it before when she got quiet as you led us here… I thought maybe she was just struggling to communicate and add more to the conversation…” His gaze fell. “She hadn’t said a word since then… but… all of a sudden she took off. She was so fast, I couldn’t keep up with her. Not even Ears and Whiskers are with her…” The winged male lifted his gaze to the woman.

“Something is wrong, Wren. I can feel it. Bellamy… she’s always struggled with past trauma, but it’s never gotten like this… I’m scared I’m not going to be able to save her… that I’m going to lose her…” His body started to tremble. “I don’t know what to do. If she’s in an agitated state I won’t be able to get close. I’m no fighter…” The winged man hadn’t even taken notice of the marten on Wren’s back. Bellamy had slipped before when meeting Bae, but he thought she had recovered… what if… what if she got herself hurt?

Killed…?

His heart ached in his chest.

“It’s been hours since I’ve seen her last…” He glanced toward the den with the companions. Even if he found Bells, would he be able to help her this time…?

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-04-2022, 12:45 PM
Wren would listen in growing concern. "I can't leave the pack right now, not when we're still a bit new from forming" But "come with me. We'll walk along the Gorge and see if we can pick out her scent. Then we'll know if she's in the North or heading further in Boreas." Standing around doing nothing would get them nowhere! She turned around and began to go to the outskirts of the territory. If Gavroche followed, she would lead him along the dense woodland that surrounded the gorge.

It would be foolish to let Tanelan or Beauregard go looking for her when they were needed here. She realized she could ask Sirius. She was due to visit the Warlord soon but she hoped rather strongly that they found Bellamy before then. Sirius wouldn't know what the woman looked like. "Anything you can tell me?" Wren broke the silence "like where she could have gone, or what she does when she's like this?" Was this a security threat? She hoped not. She would not want to form a less than admirable opinion about Bellamy.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

08-04-2022, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 01:39 PM by Gavroche. Edited 1 time in total.)

That much Gav had suspected, not that he’d expected help from the brunette at all. She had her pack, Menagerie, to tend to. While he and Bells had become guests in the end they were still loners. They weren’t her people. Yet… Yet Wren still offered to do what she could, much to Gavroche’s surprise. He scrambled to his paws, leaving the companions behind, as he trailed after the woman. He wasn’t sure what they’d find, or where Bellamy might have gone. To those in the Gorge, it would merely look as though she beelined further north… which, little did Gavroche know, she was already on the move away from the first location she was in.

His stomach twisted in knots and he felt guilt starting to bubble to the surface. Was this his fault? Had he not been helping his mate enough? Wren spoke again and Gavroche glanced at her. “I’m… not entirely sure where she would have gone… Maybe the south again? Our daughter and her friend are still there…” Gavroche whimpered. “It’s rare for her to leave me for more than a few hours, so if she’s missing…” He felt his stomach flip again. “...Typically she just… shuts down… She’s a fighter, yes, but not normally violent… she’s been strongly against hurting those she hasn’t had to for years…” His gaze lowered.

“I’m… sorry we didn’t tell you before…” His voice had gotten quiet. “I thought she was doing better, that the herbs I was using were helping…” His heart ached in his chest. “I don’t know enough about how to treat trauma. Physical wounds are one thing… mental ones are another…” Gavroche got quiet for a moment.

“I don’t know if you or anyone else will believe me… but Bells isn’t as bad as she might seem. She has this sort of… presence and confidence… but that’s not her. Not really… She’s surprisingly soft and sensitive… I feel like she only uses fighting as a shield, a way to protect herself… so others don’t try to hurt her again…” He sighed. His gaze traveled the tree line. Bellamy didn’t want to be a monster. She needed help, not scorn… and the more that turned away from her… Gav felt his heart pang again. What if she gave up? Started lashing out?

Would anyone ever believe him that wasn’t how Bellamy really was? That she didn’t like the thought of hurting others? He knew she wasn’t a monster. Monsters didn’t regret. Monsters didn’t have nightmares about what they’d done and mourn for the innocent… but…

…Maybe this was a mistake…

…maybe neither of them was actually meant to be happy…

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-04-2022, 05:49 PM
"Don't."

She had seen so many wolves beat themselves up over what they couldn't control. Wren shook her head, leading Gavroche around the Gorge in hopes of picking up a scent. "You don't have to justify your actions or Bellamy's" Wren continued, her blue eyes piercing their surroundings as she went "I asked you both to be here as guests, and I'd only step in if either of you harmed one of my wolves. So far, that hasn't happened. I don't consider Bellamy a threat unless she becomes one. I really hope she doesn't." It was ignorant to ignore a problem that could fester.

Gavroche offered sympathetic reasoning, born out of love. Wren saw it as excusing a problem. True, Gavroche placed the burden on himself and his actions. That he wasn't good enough. That Bellamy leaving was his fault. She knew the signs. She had blamed herself for many things. "It isn't your fault, Gavroche. Maybe she needed some time away from other wolves. Maybe being around a pack made her trigger; and for that I'm sorry" She paused, bowing her head slightly. The pine marten clung with one paw to her back. "I should not have pushed her to remain here."

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

08-05-2022, 10:41 PM

Gavroche felt his heart flutter in embarrassment at Wren’s words. He didn’t look up at her, a heavy sigh passing his lips as a small, worried confession left his lips. “Me too…”

The fact that Bellamy was acting out of sorts scared him. He had only known the woman a portion of her life but he knew he didn’t want her to suffer any more than she already had. His mind trailed back to when they first met, as captives of his family. She had been brought in agitated, ready to fight and even started to lash out at him verbally at first. But… the more he spoke to her… he could see someone who didn’t want to have to fight. Someone who quieted, taking in the company of someone smaller than her. She knew how to be gentle, he told himself. She was careful with him and his companions every day, and when she had Lucette…

He saw something in Bellamy blooming he hadn’t seen before. Love for their little one, a protective instinct that was different than merely protecting herself. Was he placing too much on his shoulders regarding her? Willing to carry the weight of Bellamy’s sins as if they were his own? Perhaps. But he loved her with all his heart. He had never known anyone so complicated, so strong, and yet, at their core, so soft and gentle. He had seen it, felt it… Bellamy wasn’t as bad as she tried to make herself out to be. She was no monster. She’d been hurt, used to fighting, but…

His ears twitched as Wren spoke again. “Maybe… She’s only ever been in a pack once before… It was in the North, but I heard it had been taken over.” He furrowed his brow. “Maybe it’s because Menagerie and The Armada are in the North… It might have reminded her of the pack she lost.” He drew in a breath. “...and better here than with even more strangers, Wren. You have been kind… and I thank you. We were the ones that made the decision we wanted to live out our final days with a pack, not you, you have nothing to feel guilty for either.”

He paused, breathing in, and shifted his head’s direction.

“Wren,” He spoke her name softly. “What territory lay this way, beyond The Gorge?” He motioned with his muzzle.

He had noticed Bellamy’s scent.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-10-2022, 06:13 PM
She listened, knowing her advice worked both ways. A smile, sad and lost, crashed its way into her features. "Having a past with a location isn't easy" Having a past too, for that matter! "I know I didn't want to settle near water due to it. The only pack I joined before now... Is gone. Apart from a man named Mercury, I consider the others having died in a fiery volcano explosion. That was nearly a year ago now..." She was unaware the same had almost happened in Boreas

"The land was reclaimed by nature, I guess. No warning but some raids happening down south. The realm was a lot like Boreas and Auster; two places, one south and one north" Wren decided she remained in Boreas due to it being the same, rarely trekking to Auster because she hadn't lived in "Auster" back in her previous realm. Who was she kidding, not being able to move on? "but..." She smelt it too and paused, frowning.

"Two places that way. Frozen Field and Submerged Woods to the north-east." She hurried her pace.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

08-10-2022, 07:10 PM

Wren spoke, saying that having a past with a location wasn’t easy. He perked his ears thoughtfully, listening to the woman as she revealed some of her past. He sympathized with her. “I’m sorry to hear of your loss,” His words were gentle. “It’s amazing you think you come from a land so like this one. There was a volcanic eruption here not long ago as well… Fire and ash rained from the heavens themselves it felt like… I lost my cousin and another companion during it... so I can sympathize.” His gaze became sadder, memories flaring within his mind. Melanthios had been stuck under a massive, burning branch… he hadn’t been able to help her. He couldn’t move it… only able to leave his cousin to her slow, painful demise.

Gavroche’s ear flicked thoughtfully as he tried to focus again on the task they had right now. Finding his mate. Hearing the names of the lands didn’t give him a lot of hope. They didn’t sound very hospitable to those who might visit. “What are the chances someone could make it out there…?” The male picked up the pace after Wren. He could feel his heart racing in his chest. He was going to have to find her… somehow…

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-11-2022, 10:56 AM
She resisted the shiver of unease that coursed through her body. So Boreas had suffered the same thing? "Sorry to hear that." It was all Wren could say to make it seem real, because she didn't want to think it was real. How many disasters would reach this land she called home now? A volcano? A creeping ooze? She shook her fur out and continued to scout the edges of the Gorge.

Gavroche's question caused her to blink. "Bellamy can make it" Wren began "it isn't as inhospitable as it sounds. There is water and food, shelter when you look..." The woods and field were not as good as some locations, but she didn't find them to be that dangerous "she has a good head on her shoulders. I'm pretty sure she'll be able to survive." Bellamy was a fighter. She would not just roll over and give up... Would she? Wren hoped she'd come back soon, for Gavroche's sake.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

08-11-2022, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 03:28 PM by Gavroche. Edited 1 time in total.)

Her apologies wouldn’t make what had happened go away but they were still appreciated all the same. Just like his own apology wouldn't make her past disappear. Disaster just seemed to plague the world they were in it seemed. Both from nature and that caused by other wolves. Gavroche furrowed his brow a little, listening to Wren as she tried to reassure him that the lands weren’t as bad as he feared. She wasn’t wrong though. Bellamy was a fighter, she had survived far worse in her lifetime than harsh terrain. The winged man’s gaze sought the woman out as he scanned the border, but there was no sign of her that he could see. He needed to make a decision, even if it wasn’t the easiest.

“You’re not wrong… Bellamy has fought for survival her whole life. I guess it’s a bit silly to worry some sort of different terrain might do her in.” He had been keeping up with Wren to this point but now he started to slow. “I know it’s safer to wait, to hope she comes back… but…” Something nagged at him. “I can’t help but feel like I should go after her… when someone acts outside their norm, that’s what you do… right?” Gavroche drew in a breath.

“I’m sorry… I don’t mean to waste your time.” She had been helpful, kind. “But for now I feel like the best course of action is for me to follow Bells. She might be able to survive but…” He sighed a little. “She’s known to be reckless… and if she gets hurt she’ll ignore the injury… I can’t just keep waiting…” He glanced over his shoulder, back the way they had come. Where Ears, Whiskers, Jessie, and James were waiting.

“I need to make sure she’s okay…”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-11-2022, 04:18 PM
"I'm honestly surprised you aren't running after her right now" Wren said lightly, raising a brow with amusement "so go on, get out of here" She leaned forward to nudge him toward the border "if you guys come back, you're free to rest here again. I'm going to think happy thoughts about Bellamy. I think she needed some space that's all. Maybe nothing happened at all."

She could hope that is. Giving Gavroche a nod, Wren went back to where she came. Time to find another healer to patch up this pine marten, even if she had a nagging sensation of Bellamy being in trouble. That she couldn't help her. She shuddered, hoping her thoughts were just typically dark as usual. She began to head back to where the others waited for her, content to busy herself into doing what she needed as a Warden. /end

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me