size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Silencien

Samhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
08-03-2022, 02:02 AM
The water rippled and split apart as a silver muzzle poked itself from the water. A fish flopping about in his muzzle as Ryzen slowly made his way onto the island. Panting as he laid in the sand for a few moments. The fish flopping around as it slowly suffocated. The wolf biting down to snap its neck and put the fish out of its misery.

The swim to the shore was quite rough. Especially since the random sand islands would make traveling towards the island a pain in the ass. Ryzen sighed as he looked around for a moment. Starting to eat the fish while he looked around. His paws pinning the fish in place as he bit into the scales and began to eat at the meat on its body. The scales a bit rough but not inedible as he continued to chew the meat. Peering around as he looked for a good resting spot.

He wondered if this was a good place to call his home. There was alot of food and plenty of water nearby however, he couldn't seem to locate a hollow tree or a cliff side cavern. Meaning he might have to consider a burrow. In which, sand was very bad for. Ryzen finished eating and buried the fish bones before starting to walk toward the lush forest of green.

Dimosthenes

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Novice Navigator (20)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Overachiever
08-03-2022, 06:03 PM
D i m o s t h e n e s

Dimosthenes was following a river. It was wide and bright, shining in the sunlight that seemed so rare this spring. The sky was pure and sweet, with only a few puffy clouds dotting the blue. There was a hint of a breeze, but the sun was pleasantly warming his back as he walked. In short, it was a perfect day. Even shorter, it was exploring time! Dime hadn't checked out nearly as much of the continent as he wanted to. It wasn't necessary, but he wasn't beholden to any pack -- and probably never would want to be, despite... No, not despite anything. He liked being alone and free, not having to listen to any annoying brats that thought they were better than him. He held his liberty in very high consideration. Keeping it meant that at times like these, when he just felt like traipsing around from coast to coast on a whim, he could! He could just go! No one would need to be told or requested time away. No one cared where he went.

As he continued to follow the river, it began to diverge into several smaller streams, then again and again. The water rushed over in crooked paths that formed many tiny islands: some barely large enough for Dime to fit all four paws on, some big enough for a couple of wolves to hang out at a friendly distance from each other, all of them sandy, with a tree or two on some of the larger ones. Beyond one much larger, thickly forested island, he could see nothing but water, stretching far away to reach the horizon. The ocean. Must be.

He was so busy watching the waves peacefully ripple against the sky that he nearly missed the other wolf, who was on the large island. Dime wondered how easy it would be to get over there. He wasn't the best swimmer, but he wasn't bad. He knew the general premise and movements involved. He wanted to try, and he didn't like to tell himself no. He wasn't desperate. He just wanted to go see what that other guy was doing. Still, he was a bit nervous. He told himself that it was just because he didn't like to swim, but all the while, he had to admit that wasn't the truth. It had been a while since he'd spoken to anyone, and his stomach churned with butterflies at the thought of having to have a conversation. Would he be able to do it right?

He mentally shook himself. He wasn't scared. And even if he was, he was never the type to let his fears get in the way of exploring all of the possibilities before him. He stepped into the water, swimming from small island to small island until he had nothing left but the wide stretch between the large island and the nearest small one, which he was on. He crossed slowly but steadily, his paws eventually striking sand. Once on the shore, he shook out his fur vigorously, sending water spraying in all directions. He looked up. "Hey."

"Speech"

Ryzen

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Silencien

08-04-2022, 01:20 PM
The wolf looked down a fair bit surprised anyone could actually be smaller then him. He was rather tiny in stature. A bit stockier then others he came off rather fluffy looking. His tail swishing slowly as he finally shook out his fur. His muzzle still covered in guts and blood as he licked his muzzle to try and clean it. "Hello," he blinks as he was caught off guard by the sudden hello. His own tail flicking quicky which would betray his attempt at a bitter front.

Truth was it had been a long time since he'd seen any other wolf or animal. (That he didn't want to eat) So he found it rather hard to hide his excitement of some sort of company. His body wriggling back and forth as he tried to keep still finding his body was wriggling in place.

Dimosthenes

Loner

Novice Navigator (20)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

08-04-2022, 05:01 PM
D i m o s t h e n e s

The other wolf was almost as short as Dime but stocky to his wiry frame and fluffy, with a much more exciting pelt -- all splattered with different patches of colors. Red, blonde, silver, black... Like a pup playing with dyes. He acted a bit like a pup, too, tail wagging before he even said hello, and only getting more excitable from there. Dime wasn't sure if he was flattered by the blatant joy or irritated, but he doubted the young man could calm down even if he tried. He had to smile indulgently back at him, though, despite himself. What was the harm in being happy at the little things? It might be a bit annoying, but he never had to see this guy again and probably wouldn't, even if he wanted to, so he could let himself be a little endeared in the moment. His own tail wagged involuntarily.

"Well, how are you doing? What's your name? Where're you from?" he asked, piling the questions onto each other like a tower. Was that too many questions? He didn't care. This guy was plenty annoying himself, so if he got annoyed at Dime, that would really be just too much. He wasn't bitter yet, so he stopped his thoughts right in their tracks before he could get that way, reminding himself that the wolf hadn't actually done anything wrong yet and he was just getting mad at his own imaginings. Which was quite stupid of a thing to do.

"Speech"

Ryzen

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Silencien

08-08-2022, 12:19 PM
Ryzen blinked for a moment and said, "I'm oki, my name is Ryzen and I don't know where I come from as I've always wandered from place to place. " His body seemed to start calming down as he looked around again. "I've been trying to find a comfortable spot to call home. However, between other wolves and certain area's being poorly hospitable it's been a bit tricky. "

He paused a moment as he tried to think about his next course of action. The other wolf was certainly not dangerous. Even though he did kinda look like he just got out of a fight he could tell the splotches under his eyes were fur and not bruising. His brain traveled for a moment , 'can wolves even get bruised?' he pondered to himself as he thought for a second. Then snapping back to reality he said, "What about you, how are you, whats your name and I guess why are you all the way out here?" he decided to throw a few of his own questions back.

Dimosthenes

Loner

Novice Navigator (20)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

08-25-2022, 10:30 AM
D i m o s t h e n e s

The young man -- Ryzen, his name was, apparently -- explained that he was a wanderer looking for a place to call home. Dime hummed in faux thought. He didn't think about much; he already knew as much as he'd ever need to, and he had no desire to change his opinions on anything, this guy Ryzen included. But sometimes people liked it when you acted like you were listening. "Not a pack kinda guy?" he asked, picking at one foot with the other's nails in a way that might seem lazy and casual but in his mind he felt heavily sure that Ryzen would pick up on his attempt and see that he was trying too hard. He'd never really had to hide his emotions before. He didn't often feel... nervous. "Never liked them myself, to be honest with you. Who wants some big dirtbag telling you what to do all the time? There's plenty of better ways to live, and plenty of areas around here that aren't occupied, if that matters to you."

Ryzen asked his own bundle of questions, and Dime finally stopped picking at his foot to answer. "I'm Dimosthenes, Dime for short. And I go where I want to. I guess I'm a bit of a wanderer myself, but I'm not nearly ready to settle down."

"Speech"

Ryzen

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Silencien

08-28-2022, 01:10 PM
He set himself down for a moment and said, "Well to be honest it's not about settling down, I have no intention of relaxing and letting life take hold. I still plan to travel and see the rest this world has to offer." he looked up for a moment giving a bit of a wistful glance. However, when all is said and done, I do hope to end my time in a secluded place where no one will go. I want it to be just me and whomever my mate is at the time." he said for a moment before stopping.

"Well, if I ever get a mate." he sighed a moment and set himself down. I admit, all the moving around means I'm unlikely to find one." He stopped talking and stood back up, "Regardless this is the type of place I'd like to consider, alot of food, very hard to get to. It'd be perfect to raise a family outside of the influence of any pack or group." He would stand up and make his way to the more lush area having recovered from the swim. He figured it would be a good idea to seek out a large tree or a limestone burrow. In both cases he would likely eat whatever lived inside before occupying it himself. His paws leaving a trail of wet sand as he slowly moved forward.