gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-12-2022, 05:48 PM
He had come to visit. Not as a member of Valhalla but to see his friend, Audra, who was a member of another pack. He respectfully kept to the outskirts of the pack's land before noticing, faintly, that the scent was drifting away. Torben furrowed his brow and, against better judgment, he walked over the invisible line. He came across no wolf as he lumbered further in. Strange...

But there was one scent here that hit him strongly, even if it was weak. Voodoo? It had been quite faint at the former border, lingering further in before moving out again. There were others that moved out, ebbing and flowing. A brief spike of panic set in, combined with relief that his friend, Voodoo, had been in this pack all along. She wasn't missing.

But back to Audra.

Her scent too was faint. It seemed the pack had moved locations. He'd take the information with a grain of salt. So soon? Maybe something had happened to them? He hoped not. Beauregard was also an ally of his, and Torben knew that he lived here too. But he knew the boy could take care of himself. He was more concerned about the pack. He began to sniff around, locating abandoned dens and other things.

SPEECH HERE
1/3 - explore gale gorge

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
08-23-2022, 07:30 AM

Their move farther north had been sudden, but not unwelcomed. Wren had scouted to find the old ship named S. S. Antiox was free from any pack scents. A vessel that large would be sturdy enough during the winters to keep the whole pack safe from the bitter cold and roaming polar bears. Before she got too settled in, Audra decided to make her way back to the gorge to see if anything had been left behind.

Making her way down the rocky slopes to the grassy floor below, she was met with a familiar scent. A scent that she had been secretly hoping to come across on her journey. Careful to not disturb the loose stone beneath her paws, she picked up her pace with Mack dutifully at her side. Once they were safely upon the tall grass of the gorge's floor, she looked around for that pale coat covered in deep scars.

Moving at a quick step, she traveled down the gorge's length until his scent was overpowering. Torben. A wide smile broke across her features as she made her way toward him. Discreetly, her bobcat companion, Mack, slipped from her side to go off to hunt as he much didn't care for socializing with other wolves. Audra's only indication that she even noticed Mack moving from her side was a light chuckle. "T-Torben!" Her voice is a high tinkling of sounds like a windchime being moved by a breeze. "Wh-what brings y-you to th-the gorge?" Audra asks curiously with a tilt of her head as she comes to a stop, noticing that he was sniffing around the abandoned den sites.

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-23-2022, 12:58 PM
He looked up at the voice, feeling relief. She closed the gap easily between them despite a respectful distance. "Audra" he rumbled in his deep baritones. The massive ivory wolf felt suddenly light of head so he sat. Relief poured in in waves. Careful not to step on anything around him, thankfully, even if there was nothing left "came to visit" he added, his tail nub wagging "then... I, er, got worried." He looked around, frowning.

The high cliffs would shelter the wolves of Menagerie from wind, from the threat of others... And yet, they still had moved on. "I thought yer pack fell" he said honestly "the scent was faint, so I came further in. No one was 'round" He looked apologetic about bursting into the land willy nilly "and then I noticed the camp was vacant." He settled on Audra's face again, not sure what to make of the pack moving so suddenly. Was there trouble? She looked healthy and undisturbed enough.

"Nothing happened, I hope?" Torben was clearly worried. He didn't want others to assume was butting in but... He also didn't want to pretend not to care. That was cruel too.

SPEECH HERE
2/3 - explored gale gorge

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-24-2022, 11:14 AM

Compared to others, Audra is more sensitive to others' emotions. Each little change of the expression, tensing or relaxing of the body, she would notice. While it was harder now with only one eye, she still paid attention. Her other senses were heightened now and she could hear the release of breath from him. Was that relief at the sight of her? Even after he sat, she heard the swishing of his shortened tail against the dirt. Happy she was safe? Was she sensing his emotions correctly?

Thinking a little too hard about how he was reacting, her own tail gave a few happy wags behind her. Moving her sight back up to his expressions, she couldn't stop the smile that spread across her lips. Forcing herself to keep the distance between them, she sat herself down on the ground as well and tucked her tail around her front paws to help keep them warm. It was easier to stay warm while she traveled with Mack by her side, but while she was stationary, it was more difficult.

"Oh, y-yes, everything is f-fine!" She chirped as he finally asked if everything was okay. Letting her head tilt back the other way out of curiosity, she wondered if he was okay as well. Did Valhalla not notice his absence? "We f-found a ship f-farther north that w-will provide b-better protection," Audra said warmly as she thought back to her cozy room filled with furs, nice smelly herbs, and an always crackling fireplace. Now it was her turn to ask the questions. "Everything alright w-with you? I'm g-glad you c-came to visit!" Her voice is chipper as she wags her tail again.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-24-2022, 03:22 PM
She sits, and he noticed it is a calm motion. Then... everything truly was fine? She would not look so calm if she was in trouble, surely. Audra is quick to add confirmation. He nods, mulling over what he knew. Menagerie had moved to the ship he had seen with Beauregard. Good. It was nicely sheltered and full of interesting things. It would make for a good base for their budding guild. She directed the question back to him though, and he furrowed a brow somewhat.

Only somewhat, as if confused and wondering how to answer. Really thinking about it. "I don't think Valhalla is fer me" he would tell the woman honestly. But he kept the fact that not many of the Valhallians had approached him, wanted to get to know him. They kept themselves scarce or in family units, mostly. Apart from a few, he could name on one paw... He didn't feel like it was home. "I ain't keen to keep to the land most times." Wolves wandered, true, but not as much as him.

He wondered if Ardyn would keep true to his promise; to let him go. "I"ll be askin' to leave come summer" he told Audra with a gentle shrug "I, er, prefer the north." He gazed around at the location, wondering if he could settle here to be close to wolves he did know. Beauregard, Voodoo, Audra... He tried not to let his mind wander too much now. The fresh greenery even in the early stages of spring was still better than in most northlands. The walls wouldn't feel closed in either. He preferred a wall to open spaces, as Valhalla lived in.

"Came to scout a few places to settle" he added "and see ye, of course" he nodded, his eyes back to her "maybe 'nother pack, but I also ain't keen to settle into one soon after Valhalla."

SPEECH HERE
3/3 - explore gale gorge

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-24-2022, 07:01 PM

To Audra, Torben still appears concerned and she's not sure how to take that. It had been an awful while since someone had taken concern for her wellbeing. Other than Artorias, but being the Alpha he was, it wasn't like he had much time to spend with other wolves in the pack. Leadership duties and all that jazz. She pushes it to the side for now as she watches his brow furrow. Was there something troubling him?

His answer would be everything she needed to know. A low hum releases from her vocals as she gives a slight nod. "Valhallans are k-kind, but th-they are not terribly s-social," Audra keeps her comment soft, not too harsh since they had been the first pack to take her in. It was funny though that he mentioned he preferred the north. "I d-don't much mind th-the north, but it is alright," she adds with a teasing smile as she tilts her chin up to get a better look at his albino face.

The petite fae had come to realize that northern wolves tended to be nicer and more understanding while the southern wolves were more selfish and full of themselves. Audra understands though why he wouldn't be keen to settle down again. She may as well be the opposite though. If it weren't for Mack, she would have perished from loneliness. Was it a bad trait? Perhaps, but one she was accepting of. "I'm g-glad you came to visit. It-it'll be n-nice to see you around m-more often," Audra adds on as her smile widens.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-24-2022, 07:17 PM
Even if Torben was not impressed by the Valhallians, he knew it was rude to say anything else about them. Plus, he was technically still in the pack. He could not spout bullshit about them without cause. "Ah, well..." he shuffled his paws self-consciously, glancing at the ground. It'd be nice to see him from time to time, truly? He wanted to believe someone in Boreas cared if he came and went "it'll be nice to see ye too, Audra." He blustered, recalling another reason he kept in Valhalla for a bit.

"Yer pack" he added hesitantly "invited mine to a festival" if he was a loner, he'd probably have to go through hoops to prove he could be trusted "should I bring an'thing?" Torben asked. His people had been direct and hospitable. They brought gifts to each and every event for their hosts. Though the invite had been brief and the messenger, even more, he had wondered what to do for Menagerie. It was a new pack. It'd be nice to see them prosper.

Should I bring... someone? he thought, pushing the embarrassing thought away for now. For now.

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-24-2022, 07:25 PM

From her single-sighted gaze, she could tell he still felt tense. Something was on his mind. Something was still bothering him. What it was, she wasn't sure, but she wouldn't pressure him if he didn't want to share. She wasn't into the gossip, the poking and prodding of others. They could confide in her when they trusted her and only if they were comfortable. Either way, she was still happy that he agreed it would be nice to see more of her! While she had friends scattered around Boreas and Auster, it wasn't often she got to see them. Or really, it wasn't often they sought her out for a visit. Not that she blamed them as it was just as much her fault, but it was nice to hear the words.

Pulled from her thoughts, she blinked a few times as he mentioned the upcoming Summer Festival. It was no surprise to Audra that Valhalla would be invited. Since they were a rather neutral and docile pack, they often didn't have many enemies. She was quiet for a moment though as she wondered what he could bring. Thinking about the state of their pack and who was in it, an idea came to mind. "Smoked m-meat or n-nice furs would be h-helpful," the petite girl chirped as she felt a brisk wind push at her sides. Even in summer, the ship would always have a lingering chill that rarely ever fully dissipated.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-24-2022, 07:48 PM
Ah, well.

That rather wasn't direct, was it? Torben shuffled against the chill, not minding it really but knowing Audra did. He sought to shield her front with his massive body in a casual way. Smoked meat. Furs. Got it. But. "What should I bring ye?" he asked, hesitant and a bit fearful it would be taken the wrong way. However, it slipped through his lips all the same. He deepened a red along his cheeks and looked away, or rather at the ground between them. Hating his meek nature when it came to women.

"I-I mean" he blundered. Yer a friend, a friend, a friend he echoed "it'd be rude to show up with... ah..." What, exactly? Torben trailed off, unused to the bundle of nerves suddenly growing regarding Audra "I mean, if I knew ye'd say..." Gods, what was this? "yer pack is the host" he tried again "if ye don't haf anyone sitting next to ye, I could... Maybe. I dunno." This was so hard. This was totally different than the high he had felt with Voodoo.

That had faded. He had tried to seek Voodoo out, knew she was safe now. But he didn't seek her out now. She obviously didn't care enough about him to tell him where she was. Audra seemed happy to see him, but he shouldn't misunderstand her intentions. She was a friend.

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-25-2022, 12:37 PM

His body shifted and she noticed that as well. With his massive frame more directly in front of hers, the wind was buffeted at a slower pace. The chills subsided and she felt more comfortable. Not thinking too much of his movement, she kept her gaze on his facial features. She had been smiling, pleased with their friendly conversation when her eye widened at his question. What should he bring her? Well, that definitely hadn't been on her mind! Audra was in no way a selfish creature and typically thought of others before herself.

Opening her lips to answer, she was stopped when his burbling words drooled from his mouth. Why was he so worried?! They were friends and it was quite humorous to see him so flustered. Reaching a paw up to cover her muzzle and stiffen the giggle hidden behind her lips, she gave her head a soft shake. "Oh T-Torben," Audra cooed as she let her eyelashes flutter momentarily in his direction. "A-are you saying y-you would l-like to attend the f-festival with m-me?" It was no lie that she enjoyed the attention. It made her feel good inside and she wouldn't turn down a handsome man either.

"Of c-course you can s-sit next to me!" She chirped happily as she stood up to close the distance between them. Blaming it on the cold winds that whistled through the gorge, she sat back down so that there was only an inch or so between them. Tilting her chin as far back as it would go so that he was forced to look directly downward toward her, she smiled flirtatiously for the first time in a while. "You c-can stay in m-my room with me if y-you'd like as w-well," there is more flirtation in her bell-like voice as she lets out another giggle.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-26-2022, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 12:23 PM by Torben. Edited 1 time in total.)
Huh? What? Huuuuuh? Torben's eyes widened as she placed a paw on her muzzle, silencing him briefly. Was she laughing? Giggling? It wasn't that that made him a bit more flustered than perhaps he should be. It was her offer that he could stay in her room. He felt heat in his cheeks that she could perhaps even feel, radiating from him in waves. "Oh, err." Wasn't that a bit forward? Audra didn't seem the type to be, but he didn't know her well enough to call her on that. Torben wasn't even aware he slept with another woman due to drug influence. If he... no. He shouldn't even step into that mindset. He wasn't the type of man to do that.

She was very, very pretty but he... did not sleep willy nilly with ladies. "I would, yes" Torben focused on what she had asked first before slowly reaching around to what she offered "I'm... bad at this." he admitted, looking down only to see her staring up at him. He puffed his cheeks out, trying to remain calm despite the jolt of electricity. Staring at her singular amber eye was easier than staring at two pretty eyes. It'd be a double shot of fluster, and he could only hand one! She even moved close enough to touch. He chalked it up to her thinking he was no threat to her being. That was good.

He could and should focus on that, even if it was hard with his long puffy north fur blowing a bit toward her, tickling. "Ye ain't makin' it any easier" he pointed out, amused and also embarrassed "stayin' in a lady's room? That ain't very gentlemanly" he mused "what would yer pack think? I... I don't wanna get ya into trouble, Audra..." Or make them sour their opinion of her! He tilted his head, though not averse to the idea by all means. It felt good when a woman actually paid you attention back, but he wasn't going to take advantage of it.

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-31-2022, 02:34 PM

The way Torben reacted at first was adorable. All flustered and unsure of what his answer should be. That was until he continued talking. Even when he let out a sigh and the wind brought his fur forward to lightly tickle her, she began to frown. Furrowing her brow in response, she let out a few tsks in disappointment. "Torben, h-how could you th-think that of me?!" Audra's tone is still teasing as she tries to be upset but is more amused than anything. Did he really believe she was inviting him into bed with her?

Raising her paw once more to clutch her imaginary pearls, she batted her lashes up at him. "I w-was offering you t-to stay within m-my room because I d-do not know if th-there will be enough empty r-rooms for all th-the visitors," Audra reached the same paw forward and batted him playfully on the chest. As much as she missed the comfort of curling around someone to help her fall asleep at night, she wasn't that type of wolf. With more respect for herself than she most likely gave off, Audra wasn't one to sleep with whoever showed interest.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-31-2022, 03:38 PM
What? Huh? No. Oh shit.

"No!" he burst out a bit loudly, embarrassed and wide of the eye "n-no. No. No" He balked over her teasing, fumbling for the right words "I-I meant" Torben dipped his head, face burning "takin' in a wolf to yer pack's inner territory that ain't part of yer pack" Diplomacy aside! "I, uh, don't know how yer alpha would react to me roaming that ship. Invite a-aside" He didn't want the Menagerie to be spooked or feel like they had to attack him. "Valhalla ain't allied with yer pack, to me knowledge."

Well, yes she was a pretty woman but Torben assumed she had more respect for herself! She'd not fall into bed with him so casually. Men could fantasize about such things, but in the end, they were not a reality. Nor a healthy way to view a woman "I don't wanna cause an incident" Torben struggled through his fluster "and get ye in trouble" Was that enough? He hoped so, because his tongue felt so thick all of a sudden "is it common fer others to invite non-pack wolves on claimed land?" He guessed not, but he had to be sure.

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

09-02-2022, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2022, 12:38 PM by Audra. Edited 1 time in total.)

She adored the way that he stumbled over his words. It was not often that Audra had the courage to tease others but Torben made it fun. He was handsome in his own ways and it was sad to know that he didn't have anyone yet! Letting out another giggle, Audra gave her head a soft shake. "O-only if they are t-trusted," Audra comments as she tilts her head slightly to the side. "C-can I trust y-you, Torben?" She asks, a teasing smile still on her face as she continues to look up at him. Everyone knew Valhalla was an extremely docile pack and no one vicious was ever drawn to their borders. It was obvious to Audra that Torben would never hurt a fly, let alone a small wolf.

Taking a step back, she gave him another questioning look. "S-so do I-I get to see y-you at the festival?" Audra asks as her expressions shifts into a slightly pouty one. Faked or not, she wanted to get another rise out of him. This was probably the first time in awhile that she had some sort of fun banter with someone!

A U D R A