Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy
08-13-2022, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 11:20 PM by Maren. Edited 1 time in total.)
Medusa had gone out, but she didn't know where. Maren was once more left alone. The girl didn't know her 'caretaker' had gone to challenge for a pack of her own, leaving her behind for safety reasons. The fact she trusted this community, the one that now was playing house at the ship, caused her to let down her guard a bit. She was barely three months old and she had to rely on others to help her, especially to continue her survival.

"Hello...?" Maren said, wrinkling her nose against the strong pack scent now. Tiny steps carried her forward, rounding an intimidating corner and faced with nothing but darkness. She blinked her eyes against it, trying to adjust. Hm, she thought she heard someone come this way. Maybe not? This place was giving her the shivers, and not just cause her thin coat was terrible at the cold. This place isn't haunted! That's impossible! she thought, rolling her eyes at her own stupidity grow up!

0/1 - met new wolf

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
08-14-2022, 07:37 PM

Beauregard had just finished a round of patrols and was returning to the ship alongside Blind. Trill had been left to her own devices and he had actually had an enjoyable time with the arctic fox. She was sassy and feisty, but that was what Beauregard liked about her. She wasn’t afraid to speak her mind. At least she had been able to keep up with him during the patrol, despite her smaller size. She was a capable creature, and she was learning about how Beau worked. Already she was starting to move when he moved, mimicking the direction he took, and adjusting herself alongside him. Beau found her company pleasurable and made a mental note to thank Mercury for her again. It was hard to believe they had ever existed without each other now.

“You did well keeping up with me today, Blind.” Beau spoke calmly as he made his way back onto the ship. The fox cast him a cocky grin. “Well duh. I told you I’m the best there is, kid! Don’t you forget it.” She padded further along, her tiny ears twitching as she caught the scent of someone in the hallway. “Hmm? That’s a new scent. Let’s go - we’re seeing who it is.” Blind didn’t wait for permission before she charged forward in search of the one she had noticed.

…and it didn’t take her long before the scent grew stronger. She went deep into the hall and before she knew it she was practically nose to nose with the pup. “Ah ha!” The fox barked. “Found you!”

Beau came along at a slower pace, brow furrowed a little as he moved through the dark. “Found who? Hello?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Maren

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy
08-17-2022, 12:33 PM
The ship rattled and groaned against the upcoming storm. Maren felt her fur bristle uncomfortably as she made her way further into the location. A young fox darted in front of her, already scaring the poor girl. They were even in her personal bubble! The pup bristled, even more, showing her teeth despite her inability to fight. Instinct kicked in easily and she swiped lackluster at the fox's nose. More or less giving a boop before she turned and darted off. They say animals have an inner sense of things, especially storms and the supernatural. Maren didn't believe much in that hocus pocus.

But she could smell the change in the air. She tried to go deeper into the ship, tried to find somewhere to hide until Medusa came. The young man's confused 'hello' was met with silence as Maren turned a corner and skirted past him. "Leave me alone!" she uttered, feeling suffocated by all these new people but also hating her childish words "go 'way!" She shut her eyes and just ran into the nearest room, just as a terrifying rumble split the calm but tense air. The ship groaned again and she let out a sharp cry of alarm, darting under a moth-eaten blanket. The storm was developing into a more dangerous option. The hurricane season had come to Boreas.

She shuddered under the gross-smelling blanket, hoping the other wolf and his fox friend would not find her.

691/2500

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

08-18-2022, 03:34 AM

Woah what!? The kid in front of her swiped at her nose and it was enough to startle Blind into backpedaling a couple of steps. “Hey! She called to the kid. The other darted past her, little brat! Blind was quick to spin on her heels and turn back the way Beauregard was. She darted after the little one, only to be blocked by one of Beau’s legs. “Darn it, Beau!” She muttered as she rubbed at her snoot.

Beauregard wasn’t sure what was going on. Since when had there been a pup here? Especially one that age? Had he missed something? He turned on his paws, ears falling a little after the little one had skirted past him. Then he heard the boom of thunder that suddenly split the air. It shook the ship, the vessel groaning, and he heard the kid’s sharp cry of alarm. A whine left his lips as well as he tried to follow the cry into a nearby room.

“Please don’t be like this!” Beau called out to her as he tried to look around. The room was a mess and a half. Overturned table, more books, blankets on the bed, blankets on the floor, rolled pieces of pottery, and one smelly rug that caused him to wrinkle his nose when he first caught wind of it. Peeyew! He wrinkled his nose and made a face as he tried to peer around the room. The lack of light from the darkened sky certainly wasn’t helping anything… and it seemed that there was a very, very bad storm on the cusp of breaking out.

Would the little one trust him enough to sit with her during the storm? Or was he going to be chasing this kid all over the ship during the storm?

“We’re not going to hurt you…” Beau called out again, tentatively taking a step into the room. The winds outside the ship began to whip and the vessel groaned again as if she was crying out from the beating of the strong element. He could have sworn he felt it shift too… but that was just his imagination, right? The thing was encased in ice! Surely the ship wouldn’t come free?

Blind came into the room after her wolf companion, giving a soft snort. “Didn’t need to swipe at me like that…” The fox sulked.

“Oh stop,” Beauregard frowned as he looked down at the little fox. “She’s a kid and you ran up on her, you got the swipe you deserved!” He frowned and furrowed his brow. He didn’t necessarily agree to jump to any sort of violence, harm done or not, but…

“Whose side are you on!?” Blind asked, bristling.

“...Blind please stop…” Beau sighed softly. “Again. She’s a kid. There’s no need to choose sides or make anyone out to be the bad guy. We just got off on the wrong foot, that’s all.”

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1,177 / 2500 Words

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Maren

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy
08-18-2022, 02:41 PM
She buried herself deeper into the blanket. Medusa had said this was her friend's pack, upon a time. She wondered where the woman was, and why she left her like this. Maren didn't know anyone in this place. It was the first time she saw anyone and they also approached her. The boy called out to her and she stubbornly dug further in, threatening the soft plush bedding with tiny paws and claws. She heard the two arguing and felt triumphant at the fox's indignant behavior. Served her right, indeed! Nobody went into her bubble without asking, especially a bigger animal. She had the right to lash out.

If Medusa was here, Medusa would protect her. Right...?

She shoved the thought away, wiggling and shivering against the near-constant rumbles. The sky grew even darker outside, reflecting the poor light on the ship. According to those she met, this Menagerie was new. It was barely livable, this huge ship, without some serious elbow grease. Medusa wasn't here to protect her, so she'd have to do it by herself. As they entered the room, she let out a warning growl. Maren peered from the blanket, her yellow eyes reflecting in what light there was. "Go way!" she repeated as fiercely as possible "or... or..." Or what, exactly? "I'll bite!" She snapped her tiny jaws.

Well, she could stand to be more threatening. A crackle this time split the air. The window behind her lit up, and the room seemed to scream in color. Maren shrieked this time, not understanding the weather. She immediately darted from the blanket and rushed at the boy. She circled him and hid behind his legs, shuddering against his ankles. Her eyes were wide, wild and most of all - scared. "Make it go away" she whimpered, trying to demand control over the situation best she could.

1485/2500

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

08-19-2022, 11:01 PM

The darkness wasn’t helping anything, and the rumbles were coming closer together, loud, shaking the ship as he gently moved a piece of pottery and checked inside of it. The pup could be hiding anywhere within the room, really. Hiding in something, under something… She was small. The yearling furrowed his brow, leaving a huffy Blind to her own devices as he searched. He really didn’t want the kid to be alone in this weather. Surely it was scary? He knew as a kid he’d always been terrified of storms. This one seemed like it was fixing to be a bad one too if the wind howling outside the ship was anything to go by. At least this room had its windows closed.

There came a warning growl and Beauregard turned his attention to the pair of glowing eyes from under the blanket. The kid was definitely feisty… she didn’t seem to want them anywhere near her at all. Beau sighed softly, his gaze softening as he tried to speak to her again. “I’d prefer if you didn’t. I’m not here to hurt you, honest. I’m still kind of a kid myself, not a mean adult. And Blind didn’t mean to startle you, right Blind?” Another huff came from the fox in response. “Bite me, kid.” He was pretty sure she was talking to him but the statement could honestly go either way.

Beauregard didn’t move from where he stood though, considering trying to kneel down so he was more on the kid’s level. Then a cackle and light split the air. The room was suddenly illuminated from behind the pup, revealing the pup as she shrieked. His ears fell back as she did so, the sound not exactly great, but he understood it. She was scared. This was likely her first bad storm and she was absolutely terrified. Something that was only confirmed as she darted from under the blanket and rushed towards him. It was not with ill intent, so Beauregard didn’t flinch, but at her plea, he felt his heart pang in his chest.

“I wish I could. Storms are really scary and loud… I don’t like them either.” He confessed. Despite being an adult now he struggled to get used to a storm. He glanced at the kid helplessly, his blue gaze shining with uncertainty. The ship was groaning again, the old vessel really becoming noise with the strain of the wind, and a heartbeat later it was increasingly loud as a sudden downpour began. It beat on the top of the ship, rattling it with noise, and Beauregard let out a soft whine as he hunkered down near the pup. “Stay close, it’s going to be alright.” He told her… though the words were also for himself.

They were going to have to weather this storm together.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1,957 / 2500

"Talk, 'Think.'

Maren

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy
08-22-2022, 06:38 PM
The boy's words did little to soothe her. It was only when she darted from hiding and bundled next to him did she really start to listen. Her ears pinned against her skull even more - if possible! - as she looked up at him. "Who makes storms?" she asked, half curious and half not wishing to know. Mother said when a god was angry, they made the mortals suffer. She never believed in gods and deities. It seemed quite rude to make someone else suffer because you were mad, but that was just her. She chalked it up to another strange thing - like nature.

He also seemed unnerved by the storm too. Words meant to comfort her were made for him too. He settled to make himself physically comfortable, and she tried to mimic his action. Maren didn't seem perturbed by brushing against him. If Medusa could trust these wolves... She could at least try. Her short fur seemed very thin compared to the boy's pelt. Self-conscious, she turned to look at the fox and stuck her tongue out at it. "Is the boat gonna shelter us?" she asked the boy, turning her attention back to him. The fox could... go to heck! "it's big, but it keeps shaking!"

She didn't trust something so big, so massive... It seemed like it'd crack at any moment. Their shelter would be gone and them in the wind. At the mercy of nature. She shuddered against the pale fur of the boy, placing her muzzle on her paws.

2211/2500

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 11:08 PM

The pup spoke up and her question was one that  Beauregard himself hadn’t thought of in a long time. He furrowed his brow, unsure if talking about beliefs was really okay with a pup. After all, what would her parents or caretaker think? Still…he didn’t want to be rude and not answer the question either. He supposed there was no harm in it. “That’s a very good question.” He started with that, adjusting a little as he tried to figure out how to answer. “My father always said that it was gods that controlled all things… but… my mother and I were different. We don’t believe in just a few higher beings.” Beauregard furrowed his brow.

“Everyone will answer this question differently I feel like, but my mother and I believed in nature spirits. Many, many beings bring with them the sun, storms, and everything that happens in life. They’re not like a god, who is said to follow good or bad. They just… exist I guess? They do what is the natural order of things. Keeping the world in balance if that makes sense. Like how there is day and night, rain and shine… everything happens automatically because they exist. It’s an unconscious thought, and they do the things because they must be done. They don’t pay attention to how it may affect the creatures living in an area.”

Beau shivered as another lightning strike split the sky and illuminated the room. He hated storms so much, but feeling the pup, even if she was little, against him had him feeling a little better. At the very least she was being far better company than Blind right now. The fox was grumping back where the girl had been hiding before in the blankets, sticking her tongue out at the kid in a childish response. Beauregard didn’t see their exchange though. It was her next question he was a little less sure about, but he spoke honestly. “It’s shaking a lot but I don’t think it’s going to come free. It seems like it’s been here for a great many years, otherwise, it’d be at the bottom of the ocean farther out. This definitely isn’t the first storm the ship’s been through, even if it’s my, and maybe yours...? First one while in it.” He tried to relax, but it was hard. With how it creaked and groaned in the wind, water shifting it around, he wasn’t sure what to make of the vessel anymore.

“I’ve only explored the ship properly once before moving here… and even then it had been… interesting to say the least. It always shifts a little bit, but the ice is so thick around it that not even the water washes it away. I doubt it’s going anywhere. Still, it doesn’t feel very nice, does it?"

2,682 / 2,500 Words

"Talk, 'Think.'

[/color][/b]