Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-14-2022, 06:56 PM
She felt dirty.

Even after the events of the challenge, Wren had turned her back on her first real friend in Boreas since arriving. Why? Because she was scared of Armada disapproving? No. Because of Voodoo, being allied with Habari? No. She didn't care what others thought about her personal alliances, but... Menagerie had to come first. She had to stand with her disapproval and trust her gut about Medusa slowly unhinging. Maybe - Maybe - the woman had always been unhinged. Wren just refused to see it.

Habari had pushed Medusa over the edge, and Recluse's cowardice about fighting for her freedom... That had sent it over the top. Medusa deserved closure, but Wren thought that there could be other ways around it. Talking, for once, wouldn't help. Both women were stubborn and set in their ways. If she stood vocally with her once-friend, Medusa would have one ally against the whole of Boreas and Auster. But if Wren stood against her vocally, Menagerie remained untouched - for now.

She had to think about the guild, not herself. Even if she felt disgusted with herself. Why didn't Medusa just stay here? She could be sheltered and safe, instead she was facing the world. Alone Wren started, flinching at her own cruel words you left her alone, against the world alone. You're terrible at friendship. You're so scared about losing alliances that aren't even there that you lost your friend. She wasn't wrong. A tear dripped down the Warden's face, then another -

Until they threatened to fall in waves. She gasped, clutching at her chest, feeling emotional pain manifest as physical. Wren gave a low groan, taking back the sob that tried to slip out.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-14-2022, 07:04 PM
Mercury was making his rounds through the sparse pines when Sol alerted suddenly in the trees above him. He stilled, listening to the threat, and finding none. But his companion bird was relentless, shaking her feathers and glaring daggers at him to ensure he paid close attention. Doing exactly that, he followed as she leaped from the tree branch and glided further through the trees.

The foxes raced after her, and Mercury followed at a slightly slower pace, more cautious until he understood what Solar had seen. He found Wren then, as Solar found another branch to nest in above her. The foxes kept running, straight for the crying girl. Iris nudged her way under her chest and licked her chin as Merc arrived and enveloped his beloved Alpha into a hug. “Talk to me, Wren. Tell me what's going on” He whispered softly.

"Speech"
[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-15-2022, 11:50 AM
"Merc..."

His foxes arrived with Solar buzzing in the air first, weaving around her to try and comfort her. Mercury didn't waste time, engulfing her in a giant hug and pulling her close. "I did the wrong thing" she uttered against his soft fur, gripping the man tightly "I should have stood with Medusa... I should have stuck by her!" She didn't bother to hide the tears now "she suffered so much, and I should have told Sirius. He's on better terms with Habari... He could have done something at the time, maybe. I let her go back to that pack, as a s-slave. I should have told her to run..."

Deep down, Wren knew Medusa was too proud to run away from her problems. It would not have fixed anything. "I tried... I really did. All she wanted was revenge. I tried to talk her out of it... She could have stuck with Menagerie, with me... She chose violence..." Wren sucked in a breath. Even if she disapproved, Recluse would not have talked shit out with Medusa. She wanted nothing to do with her, even when Wren scolded the woman on shoving her daughter's death in Recluse's face. There had been no regret... No compassion. But she understood the pain, the suffering. She understood the need for closure, even if she felt it was the wrong path to take.

"I just stood, neutral" she bit back a sigh "nobody supported her, not really. She did it cause she thought it was right. Everyone was against her. I should have at least cheered her on, but I-I was representing our guild. If I did that, everyone allied with Habari - the Ashen Empire, the Hallows... Even Armada... Those neutral bonds would strain. I feel sick, not being able to stick by my friend. She probably hates me now. I don't blame her. But... I thought I did the right thing. I tried not to make it personal, even if I was on Medusa's side."

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-15-2022, 12:27 PM
He held her and he listened as she spoke of Medusa, of the guild. He listened as she spoke the truth he had seen his oldest brother struggle to come to terms with. Sometimes, you could not be an alpha and an individual. Not if you had valued beyond revenge, and anger. If you wanted to stand for something more. He kissed her cheek softly

"You stood by her, love, when you offered her a home here. She turned it away when she chose revenge. Revenge is destructive, to yourself and to everyone around you. It dosent leave room for the softer things, like growing things. And that's what menagerie is, a growing thing. If you picked Medusa and alienated the other packs, then it would be harder to be there for the next abused wolf, or the one after. You learned something with her, you learned you could have the power to intervene as an Alpha. " He said, wondering if that knowledge would help her. If she had chosen Medusa, he would have stood beside her. He would have fought and protected her, but he was glad in his heart of hearts that she picked thr less destructive path. He had lost too much to crave violence. Her tipped her chin back and made to kiss her lips. "That's what logic tells me, bur if you ever pick your heart, I'll still be right there beside you."

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-16-2022, 03:23 PM
"What are you talking about?"

Wren had been silent as he spoke. She listened to him. She really did. But she wasn't upset, oh no, far from the truth. She was... glad. Really, that he was alive. That he was here, with her. She puffed her cheeks out and gave him a scowl though, leaning away from his kisses before she had to drive the point across.

"Merc, I picked my heart when I chose you" she lifted a brow, eyes brimming with exhaustion and affection. Wren leaned into him, placing her head against his chest "guess it stands to reason I can't pick it again." That'd be cheating, right? Even if she was gently teasing him, she did mean it. She listened for a moment, just quiet.

Falling quiet too. Just holding him, letting him hold her. Her heart ached, hurting at the positive emotions. She'd been hurt by negative too long, it was almost overwhelming for the woman. Soon she'd grow to love it as much as she loved Merc. "I'm glad you'd stand by me." Even if she was being stupid, ruled by things like selfish loyalty.

She had to think of the guild. More importantly, she had to think of Mercury.

"You aren't... mad, are you?" she pulled away from him to stare at his stormy gaze "I... er. Introduced you as my partner. I said we weren't gonna label anything but. Erm." She pinned her ears against her skull, looking to the side with a gentle fluster. Guess that had been fucked up.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-16-2022, 04:02 PM
He laughed softly when Wren spoke and ruffled the fur between her ears before kissing her delicate nose gently. "You know what I mean. If you ever pick your heart over the pack. If you feel you have to do something that defies reason and logic, I'll stand by you. To love and support you, always" he swore. Because he trusted Wren, completely. He knew how much she wanted to stand up for injustice, and he loved her for it. He felt her pull away slightly, giving him the chance to look the delicate swirl of her eyes as she apologized for something she did not need to apologize for.

"I was honored to be introduced as your mate, Wren" he whispered to her, placing a paw over hers. His smile changed, taking on a teasing, wicked glint. "But perhaps one day soon we can tweak that title a little, eh?" He said, voice soft. But this wasn't how he intended to propose to her, and he said nothing else.

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-16-2022, 06:56 PM
"I know."

She grinned at him, cheekily. "Just testing you" she added, though there was no malicious intention - just a silly little tease "I don't really know what to say to someone supporting me without actually giving me caution" Wren confessed "I always felt there was a but there constantly. It's... just nice. Someone actually agrees with me. You didn't give me advice; just facts. I should have more confidence in myself about it. There will be time to explain - if Medusa allows it." She lowered her head somewhat.

Medusa was simple, but she could be petty too.

Mercury's words caught her off guard. She started, eyes wide. "Oh?" she smirked, trying to quickly recover herself "more ambitious than Seneschal?" Wren remained ignorant of his plans, assuming he wanted a better rank "my mate?" She teased as he placed a paw on her own "you want a silly nickname I can call you in public - or do you want to be Ranger?" Or both, hell she was not opposed to giving Merc an embarrassing nickname that only he was privy to.

Apart from Beauregard, Mercury had worked damn hard. He made the rounds and got to know the guild, and she heard good feedback from the others about him. She was not opposed to giving a wolf something they didn't want, but if it came up they did want something... There was no reason to deny Mercury's request. He was there from the beginning. They survived the destruction of their old home. They wanted to build something - together.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-19-2022, 02:11 PM
But He said, voice a rumbling baritone of seriousness, before a sparkle took to his eyes. “I love you, and believe in you” ah. And there was that word, were they ready for it? He knew his own heart now. He knew that this was what he wanted in life. Wren.

He laughed as she accused him of being more ambitious than Seneschal. “I was definitely aspiring for a silly nickname” he joked, before the full impact of her words broke through, and he paused. “Ranger? I do not want you to feel compelled to rank me because of who I am to you” He said softly. Wondering if that was the reason she proposed the rank. Because they loved one another. Was that enough reason for a wolf to rise above the ranks? He wasn’t sure it was.

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-20-2022, 11:39 AM
I love you.

Wren felt her face burn, embarrassed and gleeful all at once. She had to remember nobody else was around to hear Mercury, but would that be so bad anyway? "It's because I love you" she said slowly, trying to drive the point across "that I'm offering you this. Because I trust you, and you trust me. We rely on each other, even though we're strong enough to stand on our own."

Upon a time, she would have offered it to Medusa eventually. If Medusa had ever considered not getting revenge, settling down... No, her 'friend' had bigger plans. She saw that enough. But would she have trusted Medusa as much as she trusted Mercury? Would Medusa go out of her way to do everything Mercury had done already, without being prompted?

"You know the pack, its members... You went out of your way to do it, without being asked. Medusa's actions caused me to realize... I don't want to wait around for bad things to happen. If they're going to come, they're going to come. But I'd rather face them together - with you - over anyone else. Having warriors in the guild is fine but..." She took in a breath, closing her eyes.

"I don't want to be unprepared for the future. You're more experienced than the others. If something was to happen to me, I'd trust you to help the others. I'd trust you to make sure they were safe, Merc. That's the only thing that's more important than us to me. Them. And you already have given them your trust and companionship."

She opened her eyes, staring into his stormy blue ones. "It isn't just me who values you. They all do. That's why I'd like to offer you the position of Ranger."

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me