Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-19-2022, 01:18 PM
She had so much on her mind lately it was hard to focus, but at least Wren was relieved to know Bellamy was safe. She had seen the woman at the challenge, egging on the same red man that Azure had attacked. "I'm glad you're okay." She hadn't been in time to stop the maim fight, but she knew she would have if the drama with the alpha that Sirius didn't like and cautioned against... Which she was grateful for, to be frank.

Noticing the small bear cub with them, she lifted a brow before her attention went back to Gavroche and Bellamy. "Everything okay?" she also asked "does anyone need medical attention?" She wasn't sure if Gavroche had tended to his mate before now, but it seemed a high possibility looking at Bellamy. She didn't seem to need urgent care. Wren sat, urging the others to do the same with a flourish of her paw. "it isn't my business to ask what happened..." she began hesitantly.

"We can talk later if you want. Or not at all." The invite stood to still remain in Menagerie as guests.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-19-2022, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2022, 11:41 PM by Bellamy. Edited 1 time in total.)

The woman was glad that they had made their way back to Menagerie’s borders. She dipped her head to Wren. “You and me both, Wren.” The woman glanced toward Gavroche. Thankfully her mate had been with her throughout the whole thing. She hadn’t gotten badly injured the second time at all. She had gotten very lucky, and she had hoped to be the end of it. “I think we’ll be alright. Gavroche is a top-notch healer, even if he claims he has more to learn.” She chuckled, leaning in to nuzzle the winged man. He was her savior, truly. She sat, keeping Saga close on her other side as she focused on the alpha.

“It may not be, but I’ll give you the full version. I got overwhelmed, my conditions causing me to feel like I had to keep running away from Menagerie… everything.” She frowned. “I was part of a pack called Winterfell once. The first pack I’d ever officially joined. Their alpha, Acere, was a good man, a very kind alpha who was perhaps a bit more accepting and good-natured than he should have been. I didn’t know anything about borders back then. I trespassed, got into a skirmish with one of his wolves, and even still… He showed me mercy.” Bellamy’s gaze softened.

“He gave me a chance when no other alpha would have. I was… “raised” in poor conditions. I might not have known any better, but still, for my age by the time I earned my freedom, you would think I’d have known better. That man that I fought with at the challenge, Ignis Praetor, was once a member of Acere’s pack.” She shook her head.

“I got too close to his woman. I was trying to chase her off, but she was pregnant… and well…” She gestured to her shoulder. “He maimed me in our fight. I left, with him threatening that the next time he saw me he’d kill me. I don’t know why he didn’t then. I…” She cleared her throat. She had practically asked for it. She had been so out of herself that she believed it was what she deserved. The only fate that awaited her. “A-anyway… I left and was in a bad way. Thankfully my daughter’s good friend found me. He did some first aid on me and helped me get my head on right again. Then I came back North.”

She glanced at Saga now. “I’d meant to come back to Menagerie to look for Gav, but I came across Saga instead. She was alone, and I couldn’t leave her.” She licked her adopted daughter’s head. “She’s different, but I’ll fight anyone who dares say she’s any less of my little one than Lucy. She’s a good kid, aren’t you sweetheart?” She lifted her gaze back to Wren.

“That brings us to the challenge. Ignis said some… hurtful things about Acere. It was less about what he’d done to me, honestly…” Bellamy sighed. “The things he said about the man were cruel, unfair… He’d been nothing but good to all of us… and Ignis challenged him for Winterfell. He betrayed Acere’s trust… and now Acere is gone.” There was definitely pain as Bellamy mentioned this, her ears lowering and her gaze appearing sad and distant. She missed the man. How would things have been different if she hadn’t been captured by the Kedieo empire, she wondered? She wouldn’t have met Gav, but could she have made a difference when Ignis challenged Acere somehow? There was no good dwelling on it.

“I know I shouldn’t have egged him on but… Acere’s honor hung in the balance… it was… difficult to not say anything.” There was no denying the same in her voice. “I do not appreciate the idea of just willy-nilly maiming someone. I know I’ve made my mistakes, and own that, but…” She glanced at Gavroche. “I’d like to believe I’m not truly a monster…”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
08-20-2022, 12:36 AM

Wren had met with them again, and for that Gavroche was thankful. The woman was kindly, and the winged man felt at ease that she made sure they were all okay. “I’ve made sure to take care of her injuries. Nothing was too severe, all things considered. Her shoulder will scar, but she won’t lose any movement in the limb.” Gavroche leaned into Bellamy’s nuzzle and shifted closer to her. They were finally safe, together again. Saga was on the other side of Bellamy while their companions, save Jessie who was nestled behind his ear, were off to Gavroche’s free side.

Bellamy recounted everything that happened since her running off. It had been a bit of a ride, more so for her than him, but now they were safe. Things were behind them… and now… Gavroche turned his attention back to Wren. “Actually Wren, we wanted to talk to you about that. We wanted to see if you might consider accepting us as members, rather than as guests. We’ve done some thinking and talking together... I know you had wanted to try and help out your friend, the Warlord of the Armada, but even with what went on, and not being able to help beyond taking me around your borders, it was an act of kindness that was truly appreciated. Even now just being here, and showing compassion... It is your mannerisms that we have come to respect and we would love the chance to become full-fledged members of Menagerie under your leadership.”

They had wanted a home for themselves… so why not Menagerie? Wren had impressed them. She had been good to them, and for Bellamy especially, actions had always spoken far louder than words.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-24-2022, 06:38 PM
She listened. It was a lot to take in, considering she had seen Bellamy maim someone right in front of her. "You aren't a monster, but I admit that seeing you like that unnerved me" Wren couldn't give them special treatment; she had to lay the facts firmly on the proverbial table "I saw you at the challenge, Bellamy. I saw you mock someone who lost their maim fight... against Azure of Armada" The red man who had not asked for a fight, but was merely sitting there! "Menagerie isn't a war-mongering pack. We don't insult others, we take a neutral stance on fighting. Especially in-fighting."

She puffed somewhat. "If you feel the need to hurt someone in the guild, remember your membership hangs in the balance. Even if they insult me, Gavroche... anyone else you care about. Be bigger than that. Don't lash out in anger. Even if they deserve their end result" Wren said grimly "only defend, not harm. If you maim someone, you will be driven out. The same goes for anyone" Whatever she felt for Bellamy and Gavroche, she had to be upfront about it. No special treatment "I don't approve of seeing maims at challenges of any kind. If you are let in Menagerie, you'd be expected to stand with us. Be that neutral or with our allies."

She relaxed somewhat, feeling disgusted with scolding someone older than her. "So if you can agree to that, and at least try, then I'll let you - all of you - in the guild. Bellamy as a Paladin. Gavroche as a Troubadour. Saga as a Trickster."

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Saga

Polaris
Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (185)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
08-25-2022, 10:04 PM

She had stuck to Bellamy's side like glue, going wherever she and Gavroche went. For all Saga knew anymore, Bellamy was starting to feel like she was her mother now. Though Saga had yet to tell her that because she didn't know how to put the words together to express it the way she wanted it. She could talk, yes, but she was still a child. A baby. Her kind developed at a slower pace than wolves. Where they'd be running and jumping, she was still figuring out how to keep her feet beneath her. The pale, periwinkle-painted cub waddled along with her wolf kin and when they got to wherever it was they were going, the ragtag group would stop. Saga peered curiously at the brown wolf creature, but being so young, it was hard to keep her attention with boring adult talk.

While the adults talked, Saga played behind Gavroche and Bellamy, lightly batting and prodding at their companions as they entertained her. She rolled on the ground with them, kicking up any snow or dirt that was there until her coat had dirtied enough that it warranted a bath. Round ears occasionally twitched to the adults, but their conversation was too dull to be interesting. That is, until she heard her name. She had just leaped at one of Gav's companions before practically faceplanting and rolling forward before she stumbled back to her paws and looked at the brown wolf. "Saga trickster? What is?" She questioned. Despite her young age, the accent of her kin was present. A thick Norse accent already present.

"Saga"

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-26-2022, 01:03 AM

Bellamy did not flinch away from Wren’s words. “I can not blame you for feeling unnerved. From the standpoint of a normal wolf what I did was surely untasteful.” Bellamy spoke calmly, not trying to find an excuse for what she did. “I spoke what I felt was the truth, to someone who deserved it, and I will own up to the fact that it was not necessarily... right.” The woman drew in a breath. “It could have been handled better, but no wolf is perfect, Wren. Not that I will justify what I’ve done, or why I did it, but I am flawed. I’ve accepted this fact.” She lifted her gaze to the alphess.

“Believe me when I say I hope to leave that situation behind Ignis and myself. I do not start fights over petty arguments and have only ever chosen to resort to that level of violence in defense of myself or my loved ones when I was savagely attacked.” Ignis had truly meant to do serious harm again. She might have mocked him but he did not need to lash out with that level of aggression either. There were things both of them could have done better. Neither of them was innocent in the matter.

“...and I intend to respect your wishes. However, I am only capable of trying, Wren.” She spoke honestly. While she would try to make a conscious effort not to hurt anyone to that degree she could not deny there might arise a situation where she slipped into that level of violence. Especially if a wolf sought to maim Gavroche or one of her children, adopted or not. She would not let a wolf go unpunished that would seek to hurt the innocents of her family. It would be denying everything she was. She could forgive transgressions against her… but them? Never.

“I understand the consequences should I lash out. I assure you that if there ever comes a day it happens, it would not be done lightly. Divinities willing, the day will never come, and Menagerie will be a good fit for us. So… I agree to your condition.” In-Fighting wouldn’t be a problem. She doubted there would be darker wolves here in Menagerie. Wolves who would openly and seriously harm her family. The woman shifted her attention to the little cub as she got involved, hearing her name and piping up. Bellamy leaned over, nosing the girl behind the ears before chuckling softly.

“It’s a rank, sweetheart. Every creature in a pack has one, big and small. So you’d be with the other little ones, a Trickster, that’s your rank until you get old enough to become someone’s apprentice and get a new rank.” Bellamy couldn’t help but notice how dirty the little cub had become already. A quick glance at Ears and Whiskers, who had been keeping the young polar bear busy, and she saw they were dirty as well. Bellamy shook her head with wonder. “You’re all going to need a good bath tonight. Look at how much dirt you’ve got in your fur already!”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
08-26-2022, 06:58 PM

“Your condition is reasonable, Wren.” Gavroche added, not wanting the alpha to feel as though she had been too harsh. “I worry about Bells getting hurt on our behalf, especially over something like what happened with Ignis. While I understand why she did what she did, I had hoped that after he maimed her it’d end there…” The winged man glanced at his mate as he spoke. He had been worried for her at the challenge, and for Saga who could easily be exposed to the violence of a caretaker… It had stressed him greatly… though he was relieved that Bellamy had walked away unharmed. That said, he did feel a bit bad for Ignis. The man had already been maimed once, and while he initiated the actual fight, Bellamy hadn’t needed to kick an opponent while they were already down. His feelings were conflicted… both wanting to support his wife and not approving of how she handled things.

“I’m not a fighter by any means, so you can rest assured I wouldn’t be maiming anyone. I also don’t intend to start any arguments or things that might increase the risk of Bells getting set off. I want to see her succeed here in Menagerie, and be able to experience how a pack should be again.” The male dipped his head. “I know we both were wanting pack security… and I’m sure we’re both happy to do what we can to help the pack thrive.” His gaze slid to the cub as Bellamy explained what the rank she’d be getting was, smiling some. “I hope Saga will be able to fit in here. I know she’s a little different, but she’s a sweet little cub.” He’d already grown fond of her and hoped that others in Menagerie would too.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-26-2022, 07:09 PM
She nodded.

"Trying is all I hope for" she responded to Bellamy, who soothed her bear cub child, and then Gavroche would pipe up. She turned her attention to him, since his wife was distracted by their kid "Saga will be welcomed; we don't discriminate against species" Wren gazed down at the little girl, smiling "a Trickster means you're allowed to play and sleep freely. The adults do all the boring pack stuff. You can help out, but you're not expected to." The girl could but it wouldn't mean promotions of any kind.

She paused, turning her back to the group and leading them further as she began to walk. "Then let's go home" she said to them over her shoulder "I welcome you back to Menagerie as full members." If they wanted to explore the Pines, she would let them depart from her company. If not, she leads them back to the ship. If others were waiting around for them, Wren would explain the situation. Especially about the polar bear cub. Seeing as a grown-ass polar bear was a threat in the north... Well, she didn't want to trigger Bellamy with Saga being in danger.

/exit

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me