An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-22-2022, 12:23 AM

It had been a while since Azure had taken his son out to spend time with him one-on-one, and now that the boy had been crowned heir, it was even more important to ensure he learned a healthy balance of work ethic and restorative self-care. For Az, the concept of self-care had always been understood a little different then it was for other wolves. He chose to spend his down time sparring, training, gutting small fluffy animals or maiming pirates. It was not fair to expect the same from Basilisk, and in compromise to both individual's tastes, Azure had decided upon a trip to the hidden colosseum in the dunes.

The ruins of the colosseum rose up from the sand as they neared, it's towering form near-hidden until a lucky wanderer came through the dunes the right way. It had been a place he had past by but not explored, and it was only fitting that the first steps he'd take through the marble entryway would be with his heir at his side. Stepping off to the left to allow Basilisk's larger form to pass by him, he gestured to the boy to cross the threshold first into the colossal arena. "I'm told it's still used for battle, though more exclusive combats then the battlefield you're accustomed to." He counselled softly, his still-sensitive ear flicking back in discomfort as his voice dared to echo off the stone walls.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-22-2022, 12:35 AM

Basilisk knew what a busy man his father was, and had some idea on what had been going on in Azure’s life lately. He knew about his fight with the pirates, and the resulting scars. His father was… relentless, strong, fearless. It could be intimidating sometimes to know others measured him to his father every time they saw him.

Towering a little over his imposing father, the newly minted Heir followed along both eager and a little weary. Would this truly be a fun outing, or a trail his father had concocted for him? He remembered the time the Champion had tossed him and his sister into the wild and told them to fend for themselves as punishment for something Basilisk had done. He felt a pang at the thought of his sister, wondering how she was getting along in Abaven.

As they arrived at the towing colosseum, with its stone and marble walls, his father stepped aside, indicating for Basilisk to go ahead. The blue-toned wolf did so, and raised a brow at the Champion's words. “Are we expecting a fight?” He murmured softly. Wondering what his father means by ‘exclusive combat’

"Speech"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
08-22-2022, 12:43 AM

Basilisk's words brought a chuckle from the Armadan Champion, his head turning to regard the titanic yearling with both pride and amusement. The words were not spoken sarcastically, fearfully, nor even eagerly. It was a question that spoke to his son's character in that he was prepared for the outcome and would not flinch from it. Even more surprising, Basilisk did not seem judgemental or offended about the possibility that Az had brought him here intentionally to thrust him into combat. "No, son. Not today, not unless you're ready to challenge me. I believe we're alone. I only meant that it's not every warrior who stumbles upon this place, novices do not come here by the dozen to spar. The ones who do come, they are exceptional in what they do."

With slow, long strides Azure pushed forward further into the arena. The expansive structure of marble and stone was much larger than he thought was necessary for one-on-one combat, and absently Az wondered what other sort of events might have been held here. All around the outside of the arena itself were raised, chiselled, almost stair-like rings of the same stone. Places for spectators to watch the goings on, he supposed.

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-22-2022, 12:54 AM

Basilisk acknowledged the fact that his father by association considered him a worthy fighter of this place he had brought him to. He found his eyes returning to the marble pillars with renewed interest. Here was a place fighters his father considered worthy might come, and Azure had brought him here. “Wouldn’t that be something?” he gave his father a sideways expression. Not missing how his father had phrased it. Ready to challenge me. Azure expected it of him, and likely soon. Basilisk would remember that, and try to be worthy of his fathers expectation.

He walked along the sand to the other end as his father did the same. “Do you think many come to spectate?” he wondered.

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 01:03 AM by Azure. Edited 1 time in total.)

Azure caught the sideways expression as Basilisk mused over his words. "Something indeed." He rumbled in reply. "You didn't think I'd let you get away with just fighting Levi, did you?" It was ironic in part, because Azure himself had challenged his own father only once in his life - young, like Basilisk, and never since. He wanted to be fully prepared for the day he pit himself up against the Warlord in a real match, and fully expected Basilisk to want the same thing. "Speaking of Levi, do you know why the Habari brats seem to hate him so much?"

At Basilisk's mention of spectating, Azure's gaze swept once more across the stands. They made a full circle around the arena, rising in height tall enough that they near blocked out the setting sun. It must have taken years of construction to make a structure of not just this size, but quality. While time was beginning to reclaim it in places, the chiselled stone and marble walls stood better than any other not-wolf-made place he'd yet seen. "I'd rather a place like this to spectate then parking my ass in the battlefield for a third time." He admitted. "At least the height must let you get a good vantage point, and the hidden location would keep the rifraff out." Bitter? Maybe, but Az considered the bitterness very justified.

"Speech"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-22-2022, 01:09 AM

“No Sir!” He said back, giving his dad a small, excited smile. He could work towards that. His father was a master of his craft. Just look at the way he had ploughed through the pirates! He knew that when he and his father fought off, the Champion would not take it easy on him. His goal would be to ensure that the Heir wasn’t the only one that walked away with scars that day.

He frowned at the mention of Levi and Habari. “No, I haven’t heard anything” When had Levi gone and stirred up drama. He remembered the consequences of him bringing a wolf onto pack lands. He wondered if Levi would have some Dire consequence for stirring up shit with their allies. “Would you accept me bringing you here, to challenge you?” He asked his dad as Azure spoke of the vantage of height and the subtle location of the place.

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 01:18 AM

Bringing his body around in a full circle, Az moved to survey the other side of the arena. The structure was near-mirrored, save for the entrances that were posted the way they had come in. Even the pillars, standing strong and still providing much needed support after what must have been decades, were crafted with such detail that they seem to have been perfectly copied. What paws could have possibly pulled off something like this? What was even more interesting was the location - standing in the middle of a barren desert, the materials must have been drug a very long way. Whatever had built the colosseum, it must have been as powerful in form as it was intelligent.

Basilisk's words broke him from his awed spell and he inclined his head toward the boy with curiosity. Just how soon was this supposed challenge to take place? "I would allow you to choose the location." He confirmed. "But would you not want spectators of your own, wolves to cheer you on as you attempted to surpass me? I doubt we could even lug your siblings here." The question was not posed maliciously and it was not a trick. Azure did not care either way whether the challenge was posed at the Obelisk, the Battlefield, or the Colosseum that clearly had seen so much battle. The boy's answer however would speak more to who he was as an heir and a warrior, and that was something Az was very interested to hear.

"Speech"