Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-22-2022, 04:16 PM
The Warlord had known that their children that most recently joined adulthood had been his last. He was getting on in age, and he and Zee had entered a part of their relationship where companionship was more important then intimacy. Especially after what his wife has suffered at the hands of others.

The news Zee had given him had left him reeling, and he knew, he knew absolutely that this was his last. He wanted to do this right, to do it better. He wanted to be their father first and their alpha second. It was this knowledge that drove him to Azure. That had him lifting his muzzle and howling for his son. A wry smile twisted his lips, for he knew Azure would enjoy this chance to truly lead. To lead absolutely, without looking to the Warlord for agreement. Here would be his greatest test, but the truth was, he was proud of Azure. He was proud of who Azure had become and all he had done for the pack and family. He had thought he would need Mortis to balance him, but while his Winged son had been a disappointment, Azure had outshone expectations.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-22-2022, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 04:27 PM by Azure. Edited 1 time in total.)

Azure did not expect Sirius to call for him so soon after their small adventure out of pack territory - what more was there to catch up on, unless the Pirates had begun being even more bothersome behind his back somewhere? He did not hesitate to answer the call, keeping his greeting short as to not too badly jostle the stitches upon his newly maimed cheek. "Hmm?" He asked, slowing to a stop and lowering himself to his haunches to await his father's instructions. "More trouble?" It was not often his father insisted the alpha pair get together for a talk, for the most part they were fully capable of working individually and assuming each other's needs. In rare occasion they would gather to consult or politely catch up the other man on decisions they had made, but Azure felt like Sirius was finally beginning to trust him and the choices he felt were right for the pack. Was that trust breaking, now that he'd assisted in so much drama with the pirates?

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
08-22-2022, 05:51 PM
The Warlords expression was serious as they fell upon Azure. They grazed across his damaged skin. The injury to his cheek was new, but the Warlord could guess without asking what the cause was. Azure was carrying the brunt of the consequences of dealing with the Pirates, and the Warlord considered not for the first time that something needed to be done about them. But not now... definitely not now. He could hope the pressure would hold a little longer. He did not want to bring Armads to war, he wanted to step down and embrace his role as a father fully for the first time in his life. He wanted it so badly it was an ache in his chest.

"We are pregnant" he said after a moment. The pause brought on by his examination of his son. "For every litter your mother has carried, I have been a leader first and a father second. For the first time in my life I find myself in the position where I have a wolf beside me that is not my Wife that I trust absolutely to lead the Armada and keep it safe, to make the decision I would." He said, voice rolling soft and serious off his lips. "Which is why I have decided to step down and hand you the full reigns of the Armada for the first part of their lives. Prove that you are the future of the Armada, my son. Prove to me that I can retire one day and know the Armada would live on in you."

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
08-22-2022, 07:54 PM

Sirius' words taken in any other context would have thrilled the Champion - finally, he'd be granted a sole-alpha position and at last have an opportunity to prove that he could do the job without his father watching over his shoulder. It was what he had worked for his entire life and frankly, Azure had always assumed he'd need to fight his father to the death to eventually surpass his position and take the lead. The news was soured however by the knowledge he'd have yet another litter of siblings running around.

"Congratulations?" He ventured, brow raising slightly in question. "But, uh, aren't you guys a bit..." Coughing (and flinching hard at the pain in his face as he did so) he choked back the potentially offensive word and found a more suitable replacement. "- uhm.. busy? To raise children?" What sort of potential child would come from a pairing of near-elderly wolves? Ophelia was already enough of a detriment to their name, now there could be others, even less deserving than her? Or worse - others more deserving, deserving enough to try and dethrone Basilisk from his rank. Azure frowned. "I will gladly accept the position, father, at least until you feel ready to take up your duties once more."

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-23-2022, 12:29 AM

The Warlord waited, and raised a brow as Azure started to speak and struggled with it. Sirius didn’t interject, just watched him struggle and attempt to find the right words to fit. Seer knew exactly what his son hadn’t said. “It wasn’t exactly planned. But it’s happened, and I’m going to make the most of it. Frankly I thought…” he paused, then shook his head. Going no further on that train. He had thought many things that had left him feeling hollow this last year or so.

“Thank you, Azure. I’m… grateful for the chance to take a step back, if just for a little while.” He said softly, and clapped a paw companionaly over his son's shoulder.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-24-2022, 02:20 PM

Azure had... reservations. Worries beyond the age of his parents and the health of his soon-to-arrive siblings. The timing was really, really bad. Not weeks ago Azure was laughing at Sparrow's misfortune of birthing a litter in the middle of a brewing war and now the Armada was to have small, useless things to protect too? Hanako's capture had been a bold escalation from their normal advances of maims and fire setting, what was to stop the pirates from pushing further and seeking to kidnap not a grown wolf, but a child? Hell, it had even crossed Azure's mind to kidnap one of Sparrow's.

He felt the discomfort settle in his chest but did not verbalize it, torn between the importance of clear and honest communication and the solo-crown dangling overtop his head. What would Sirius and Zee do, anyways, even if they decided that the current political climate made a litter a stupid idea? Cull them? Fat chance. Giving his father a small smile as his shoulder was clapped, Azure absorbed the thanks without complaint. "I understand." He lied. "I will protect the pack with all I have, you don't need to worry about anything."

"Speech"