gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod
08-26-2022, 05:51 PM

She had never been here before, not to this battlefield. It was different than the one in Boreas, more...sinister, she felt. Bones littered the ground more than they did the better-known field that lay further south. Greed had gone out to hunt, so she opted to occupy her time by checking this place out and seeing who might be game for a spar or two. She wasn't exactly an experienced fighter by any means, and she hadn't sparred with anyone that wasn't Greed. But she knew she needed to branch out and test herself against others, to see how they fought and the tactics they used as opposed to Greed and herself. She wasn't the best, probably not a very good fighter, but she'd try at least.

Tan circled above, keeping an eye out for anyone approaching as Claire called for someone to spar with.

"Speak

Memento Mori

Loner

Expert Intellectual (215)

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipTreat 2019
08-26-2022, 09:01 PM

This was the second time Memento Mori had been to the Boneyard. She had never been to the main battlefield of Boreas but the woman was sure she wasn’t missing much. A battlefield was a battlefield, though this one did have an eerie feel. The bones were unsettling, even as Meme came back alongside Rein and Jacques to search for a new wolf to spar with. She wasn’t sure if the fight would be as interesting as her fight with Tenshi but that was alright. Every fight, and every fighter, was different and each one had something new to teach you if you were willing to pay attention to the lesson.

A call sounded across the Boneyard and Memento Mori paused, ears twitching. Well, there was the call of one she could find and challenge. A willing sparring partner was always welcome, especially since she wanted to sharpen her own skills. The femme glanced at each of her companions before her tail swished thoughtfully back and forth. “Right then. Shall we boys?” The woman set off at a jog to the one who called.

When the trio approached her Meme noticed a couple of things about the woman. First and foremost she was of a lighter coloration, as well as seemed to be just a little shorter than she was. She also appeared to have a companion in the large bird circling above them. The species didn’t look like something she’d expect to be flying around here. Memento Mori dipped her head to the other woman, noticing something else. Familiarity of a pack scent. It was a shot in the dark but…

“Are you from the Hallows?” Meme asked. “Sorry, that's probably not the best question to start with. I have family in the Hallows and you smell similar. I was curious.” She offered a small smile. “If you’re looking for a sparring partner I am willing to be your opponent. The name’s Memento Mori. You are?”

—-------------------------

473 / 1,500 Words

"Talk, 'Think.'

Unless ICly stated otherwise assume Memento Mori's companions, Jacques and Rein, are not with her.

Claire

The Hallows
Knight

Advanced Fighter (75)

Expert Intellectual (150)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod
08-26-2022, 10:55 PM

It didn't take long for someone to answer her call. Pale gaze found another she-wolf, slightly taller than herself with two companions at her side. Claire took a good look at her, also noticing she seemed to have something sheathed on her body. A weapon of sorts, perhaps? Claire had nothing like that. Just her one companion she inherited from her mother. It wasn't the first time she fought against someone with weapons and companions, and although she was wary, she needed to learn sooner or later how to address fighting others that had them. The maned woman approached with a question, causing Claire's head to tilt a bit as she listened. "It's quite alright, but yes. I joined with my partner Greed not too long ago. A season or two maybe?" She wasn't sure. She swore she still felt like she was settling in, but perhaps it was past that now. "It's a pleasure, Memento Mori. I am Claire. Claire Ancora. It's a pleasure to both meet you, and have the pleasure to spar with you."

She dipped her head in greeting as she set her defenses, spreading her legs enough to evenly bear her weight She took a deep breath and then exhaled, steadying herself for the spar to come. When she was ready, she gave a small nod to Memento Mori before kicking off, aiming to close the distance. But instead of coming straight for the other woman, she sought to get past her left side, aiming to clash the point of her shoulder against her opponent's ribs - but not too hard - before her teeth aimed to nip at the woman's flank.

Claire vs Memento Mori for Spar
Round: 1/1
Size: Extra large
Build: Heavy
Companion 1: Goshawk, Female - Flying
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Advanced Intellectual

"Speak

Memento Mori

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

08-29-2022, 05:15 PM

The other woman didn’t seem to mind Memento Mori’s sudden question, and the maiden was grateful for that. She even mentioned joining with her partner, someone named Greed, not long ago. It seemed she wasn’t the only one who had recently changed her life. Though Memento Mori had not gone to join a pack, nor a band of any sort, she had only recently returned to Auster with Rein and Jacques. She hadn’t even realized how much she’d missed being in these lands… though she was realizing more and more that as a wolf she needed to interact with more creatures of her own kind. She had gotten a taste of such things, of properly socializing, and now? Now she knew she wanted to see others of her own species… alongside Rein and Jacques of course. The jackals would always take priority over any other creature. They were like brothers to her and if they couldn’t be with her then whoever didn’t want them around didn’t deserve her company.

The stranger introduced herself as Claire Ancora and Memento Mori gave pause. Hadn’t she heard of that surname before? Maybe when she was traveling? She wasn’t entirely sure, but it at least sounded a little familiar… though it wasn’t as familiar sounding as the Adravendi line her mother’s family hailed from, that was for certain. Still, it was a reassurance that Claire was going to be her sparring partner today. Meeting a friendly face from the Hallows boded well, especially when Memento Mori was planning her own trip there to request joining… at least temporarily. She wanted to test the waters before she officially joined them after all. If she did. Meme was still a little worried that pack life might not be for her… though the idea of being with family again gave her a flicker of hope in her heart.

“Likewise, Claire.” It would be interesting spar for certain… and maybe they’d each get a small taste of each other’s power. It wouldn’t take long, but maybe, just maybe, Memento Mori could learn something from fighting the slightly smaller girl.

The long-haired woman worked to set her defenses by spreading her limbs and distributing her weight evenly across them. Tail raised and head lowered to align with her spine as Meme’s claws bit into the soil for traction. Her ears fell back and her eyes narrowed with preparation - all standard defenses that would be put up regardless of the type of fight she was in. Then, with a nod, Claire kicked off in an attempt to close the distance.

Memento Mori readied herself as her opponent came head-on to start. Then Claire pivoted, aiming to get past Meme’s left side. It was as she reached Memento’s head that the long-haired woman twisted on her ankles, aiming to bring her body up and to the left, over Claire’s own left side between the middle of her back and rump. She felt Claire’s shoulder point hit her ribs with a lack of force and she knew, at best, there would be bruising in the area later. Memento Mori’s backside pivoted with her, if only slightly, yet it was enough that Claire’s teeth barely grazed against the flesh and failed to break the skin. Memento Mori wanted to attempt to push the other woman to the ground and compromise her balance so that the spar could be won without shedding any blood at all.

Rein and Jacques also came up along either side, snarling and barking. Jacques was more proactive, however, as he sought to crash his body into Claire’s rear to add more strain on it and further compromise her balance.

-------------

1,358 / 1,500 Words

"Talk, 'Think.'

Memento Mori vs Claire for Spar
Round 1/1
Size: Extra large
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Bone dagger
Companion 1: Black-backed jackal, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Black-backed jackal, Male - Battle
Skills: Advanced Intellectual & Intermediate Fighter
Unless ICly stated otherwise assume Memento Mori's companions, Jacques and Rein, are not with her.

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-30-2022, 10:52 AM

And the winner is...

CLAIRE

MEMENTO MORI must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Claire:
Attack Roll: 36
Defense Roll: 38
Agility Roll: 89
Perception Roll: 40
Total: 203
Attack[36] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 36.00
Defense[38] + 10% Bonus[3.80]: 41.80
Agility[89] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 89.00
Perception[40] + 25% Bonus[10.00]: 50.00
Total[216.80] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 216.80

Memento mori:
Attack Roll: 86
Defense Roll: 33
Agility Roll: 36
Perception Roll: 3
Total: 158
Attack[86] + 30% Bonus[25.80]: 111.80
Defense[33] + 5% Bonus[1.65]: 34.65
Agility[36] + 5% Bonus[1.80]: 37.80
Perception[3] + 15% Bonus[0.45]: 3.45
Total[187.70] + 10% Bonus[18.77]: 206.47

Memento Mori

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

08-30-2022, 02:41 PM

Memento Mori made her attempt to bring the other woman down. Her body had come up to rise over Claire’s own, though how effective pushing down on the slightly smaller woman was yet to be seen. Her mind was focused on one thing - a brief interaction of a spar that would give them a taste of what the other could do. Maybe it was silly, but as Memento Mori glided down the back of her opponent, whose balanced didn’t seem to be phased all that much in the least, she realized that Claire was going to completely slip past her. Her paws hit the earth and she turned back towards the other woman, speaking up calmly.

“Well done.” Meme told her. “I wasn’t expecting anyone to get past me so easily… but it seems you’re pretty skilled.” Her companions had backed off as well, sensing that the sparring interaction was over. They could have easily continued, but Memento Mori had felt Claire had already started to show her prowess. Meme had certainly been impressed. Slipping past an opponent in a spar wasn’t the easiest after all. And in a real fight getting behind your opponent could give you an advantage. Meme smiled, hoping that Claire wouldn’t mind the fight was short-lived.

-------------

1,579 / 1,500 Words

"Talk, 'Think.'

Claire

The Hallows
Knight

Advanced Fighter (75)

Expert Intellectual (150)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod
08-31-2022, 09:58 AM

Claire's heavier bulk compared to Meme's lighter build would be her saving grace. As the other woman tried to throw her weight upon her in an effort to put Claire on the ground, the monochromatic woman had managed to keep herself on her feet and had her legs spread evenly as she continued to push past Meme, causing the other to slip off. She was about to turn around and follow up with an attack, but then Memento Mori had spoken, offering a well done and complimenting her on her skill.

Claire stopped in her tracks, a blush warming her cheeks for a moment as she almost appeared embarrassed. "Oh uh...I guess you could say I've been practicing lately...I still have a long way to go, but thank you!" It was certainly a confidence booster! She had been practicing alot lately, and was glad to see that her efforts were paying off, and that someone else noticed, too. "You did well, too! Should you end up joining the Hallows, perhaps we can practice together?"

"Speak

Memento Mori

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

09-01-2022, 10:09 PM

Her compliment had Claire stopping in her tracks. Memento Mori meant it though - Claire had impressed her. She dipped her head and smiled. "Of course! One should always give credit where credit is due, you know?" Her tail wagged behind her happily. It felt wonderful to have gotten in a good, quick match with someone. She had hope she might meet up with Claire again for a longer one next time. It seemed the monochrome woman read her mind suggesting that if they joined the Hallows they might be able to spar again. This was something worth considering.

"I do intend to go check out the Hallows,” Meme confessed. “Soon, probably. I’ve been a loner my whole life so I’m not sure how it’s going to go but… I feel like it could be a nice change for the boys and myself.” Beside her Rein gave a nod of approval. “So that could become a very real possibility, truth be told. If it does I’d love the chance to spar with you again! Perhaps a longer one next time.” Her tone had become a bit playful. It would definitely be nice to start out in the pack with some friends.

"Talk, 'Think.'