size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-26-2022, 08:08 PM

Lazuli Falls. He hadn't been here since Talis was a thing. How long had it been now? He wasn't sure. He was old as dirt just about, and had seemingly blocked out a lot of memories from his younger years. Today, he decided he was going to hunt down a goat or two. The damn things were mocking him, he was sure. When he had been out taking a nap in the plains, one would keep screaming nonstop until he got up and chased after it, only for it to escape his clutches again and again until it joined his brethren. Once that happened, the stupid things wouldn't stop harassing him every chance they got. From butting his rear when he wasn't looking to disturbing his naps, he had had enough! He followed them to the Falls, watching as they scaled the rocks or ate around the pool, but every time he got close to try and off them, they climbed to places he couldn't reach.

It frustrated him to no end, so he decided he needed to make a trap that would hopefully break their legs or something. At least that way, they couldn't jump around anymore! There were plenty of young saplings around here, and he couldn't decide between snares, or a pit trap filled with sharpened spikes...hmm...

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-26-2022, 08:17 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn worked her way down the mountain, seeking to get away from the dueling mountain goats that had taken over in the autumn rut. Strange bleating noises and the sound of goats duking it out was enough to push her to search elsewhere for a place to rest. She'd be tempted to hunt them but she wasn't built to take larger prey solo and her companions were off on their own excursions. On her way down the mountain she noticed an unusual male who seemed to be deep in thought. "Hello there! Are you looking for something?" She glanced at the young saplings and then back to the stranger.

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

08-26-2022, 08:30 PM

Deep in thought, he didn't notice the approach of another, and her question and greeting brought his head around to look at her. She was a strange looking wolf, perhaps not quite a wolf but he wasn't sure. Her legs were long, and she was perhaps the leggiest creature he'd seen asides from a horse or something. But whatever she was, maybe she could help. "Yes, I'm looking to catch a couple of those goats. They've been a nuisance to me for a few days now..." He huffed as he turned his attention back to the saplings, "I think a snare or something to catch their legs. They can't jump around if they're broken. You hungry?" While he wasn't the most social, he was going to need some help for this mission.

He walked over to a sapling, testing its springiness, and decided they would work well enough. He just needed something to loop into it and tie it down enough to work for these damn annoying goats.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-28-2022, 10:45 AM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn perked up as the man stated he was looking for a way to catch a couple of the goats. He asked if she was hungry and she nodded. "Yes, I was debating about going after a goat myself but I have never had much luck." She was swift and agile and could match the goats speed and agility but not their stamina and having such a light build holding onto prey that size and killing it without risking a fall made hunting them more of a dream than reality. "I'd be happy to help for a portion, just enough to fill my belly and maybe make a few morsels of jerky." She followed him over to the sapling as he tested it. Turning her head she ducked her muzzle inside the hide pouch slung over her shoulders and pulled out some leather cordage. "Here, if this helps you're welcome to it." She'd mainly used it for snaring and strangling rabbits but it was thick and strong so maybe it could be used for the goats.

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-07-2022, 09:30 PM

The maned wolf agreed to the hunt, and Greed grinned as he nodded. "Then welcome to the hunt," He murmured as he returned to his task of testing and prepping the sapling. He would need something to tie into it to use it as a snare...and just as he was about to go look for something to use, she pulled out some leather cordage and offered it to him to use. "This will work, thank you," He grabbed a length of it and pushed the sapling enough until it was bent over, and as he held it in place, he began to weave the leather cord through the thin branches near the top of the sapling. It was springy enough and definitely strong enough that if a goat were to get caught in the snare, it wouldn't be able to pull the sapling away let alone break it if it tried to get away.

With that first part done, he used his body to keep the sapling where he needed it as he scraped up a piece of wood, notched it with his teeth, and stuck it into the ground where he then placed the looped cord onto the notch. Slowly, he let his weight off the sapling before inspecting the trap. It was rough, he had to admit. Definitely needed to work more on perfecting these traps, but he was sure the goats wouldn't even really notice when the two predators were gonna be hot on their heels. "Alright, that should work. Whenever you're ready, we can get started."

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!