An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-29-2022, 07:36 PM
Today it was Jack's turn to go exploring. Sparrow again had the companions on other-pup duty as she took the young man out to the big open spaces of the pack land. She wondered a little how each would develop, but she couldn't say the feeling was maternal- not that she even knew what that was supposed to be like. They were so young and annoyed her a lot, but they were family. She had been a sibling and a niece and all those things, but she couldn't say this clicked as the feeling of being a mother above any other familial bond. It felt just like perpetually watching your cousins or little siblings or something... except they came from your own body but its okay because you blacked out and hardly remember it.

"Alright lil' dude, the day is yours- what are we gonna do?"

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (430)

Master Navigator (285)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Dodge!1KPride - PansexualOoh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
OverachieverUnderachiever
08-30-2022, 06:51 PM

Calico Jack follows his mother out onto the beach, icy blue eyes scanning the familiar territory as his small body keeps up with Sparrow’s longer stride. They stop, his mom asking what they are going to do and Jack turns his gaze up to Sparrow. While they could play or go exploring, Calico has Nico to do those puppy antics with. His mother is fountain of knowledge and there something more important that Calico wants to do.

Shooting his mother, a huge, charming grin, Jack says, “Teach me what it means to be a pirate! I want to go raid with you and the other adults!” The meeting had raised many questions in the small pup’s mind and, now that he has one on one time with his mom, he can ask them. Curious eyes watch her as he settles onto his haunches ready to learn what being a pirate entails.

"Calico Jack"

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
09-12-2022, 04:40 PM
The pup asked her what being a Pirate entailed. Sparrow herself wasn't entirely sure. She knew the concept of what she had decided when she was young, but all of that seemed so easy and innocent. Now there was always so much more involved. Sparrow took a breath, "Well," she began, thinking over what exactly she should say. "When I was your age, all being a Pirate meant was to have freedom to do and think for myself. To not be bogged down by every label of right or wrong or good or bad." Sparrow laughed a little, they sure did a lot of bad recently, she was sure.

"Sometimes I find someone I want to protect - so I do that. Other times, I find something worth hurting for, so I do. It about being who you want to be, but also being willing to live with the consequences or being strong enough to withstand them."

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (430)

Master Navigator (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-19-2022, 02:17 AM
Calico watches his mother’s face as she speaks, nodding along. The whole concept seems easy to understand and the pup says, “What if I want to protect my friend, Nico? He says that some wolves don’t like coyotes. Can I protect him?” It is an innocent question, born from the friendship and bond the two young pups have foraged. Icy blue eyes look to her for approval, knowing that, protecting the young coyote pup could make others angry but ready to face those consequences whatever they may be.

No matter her answer, Calico Jack suddenly knows that he will protect his friend because, like she said, being a pirate means freedom to do what he wants. Giving his mother a charming grin, Jack quickly changes track, saying, “Will you teach me to fight like you? I want to go raiding!” The eagerness of youth has taken over, dispelling the heavier thoughts of moments before and replacing them with the excitement of learning to fight. Small tail wags as he looks at the woman who birthed into chaos and baptized him in blood, feeling the pull to fight singing in his veins.

"Calico Jack"

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

09-25-2022, 04:18 PM
Sparrow listened as her pup asked if he could protect a coyote. Sparrow shrugged, "Sure- I mean I have a parrot and a monkey and a cat I like to protect. I had a friend that was a lynx once, so I don't see why not. I know a lot of wolves that don't like other wolves too, so they can dislike coyotes too, not your decision to make for them either. I don't like a lot of wolves, but you can like them if you want to." Sparrow basically just didn't care as long as she wasn't forced to share a lover with Azure again.

Jack then asked if he could learn to fight and raid and Sparrow nodded, "Absolutely. Best way to learn is to do it." Sparrow didn't wait before moving to pummel the small child lightly, aiming to knock him over with her paw.

Sparrow vs (Calico Jack) for (Spar)
Round 1/x
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Sword
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced pirate hat
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bone spurs - Defensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Navigator
Specialty: Knight

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (430)

Master Navigator (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

10-01-2022, 05:55 PM

Calico Jack nods to his mother’s explanation, thinking of how Jolly Roger likes to follow him around and how Nico seems to be more intelligent than some other companions. The coyote pup is his friend, not some pet to be kept and caged but he understands what his mother is saying, nodding firmly as she finishes. He will protect Nico because they are equals in his mind and deserves respect like any wolf. He will defend his friend and face any consequences that might come his way.

Looking up to his mother, determination blazing in his icy blue gaze, he tells he wants to go raiding and she agrees to teach by some… hands on experience. One of her large paws is swinging toward his patchwork form without warning and the pup gives a small bark of alarm before jumping backward to avoid most of the paw. She still smacks him, toes solidly landing against the side of his skull and rattling his teeth.

An, “OOF”, sounds and Jack blinks back stars will lunging forward to try and bite at his mother’s toes as they pass. Sharp needle-like teeth aim to try and pinch them, wishing to sting her but not leave any lasting damage.

Calico Jack vs Sparrow for Spar!
Round 1/3
Size: Extra large
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Modified cutlass
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced bandana
Companion 1: Macaw, Male - Flying
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Novice Navigator

"Calico Jack"

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

10-02-2022, 05:37 PM
Jack jumps back a bit, but not far enough. "Jump a little harder," she coaches as her paw hits him- her claws in, of course, she's not that much of a monster. He manages to gather himself and bite at her toes and she pulls her hit so that he can keep his grasp on them. She uses this now to start slowly pushing forward on him, lifting her paw to see if he'll follow it or give up his grip. Her icy eyes survey him, analyzing his movements and his balance. He is young, but it is all stuff he needs to know.

Round 2/3

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (430)

Master Navigator (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

10-11-2022, 12:42 AM

When Calico jumps backward in an attempt to avoid his mother’s paw but it still manages to smack him upside the head, he hears Sparrow’s voice coaching him. A small, almost imperceptible nod is given before he latches onto one of her toes.

Excitement zips through Jack until the momentum suddenly shifts and he realizes his mother is trying to slowly push forward while lifting her paw. Sensing the change and knowing she can lift him up off the ground, Jack releases his hold and backs up, quickly searching for an opening.

Knowing that his mother has size and weight on her side, the small patchwork pup opts to use his only advantage; speed. Paws kick off the ground and Jack charges at her, veering sideways in an attempt to run around her. As he nears one of her legs, he strikes out in an attempt to bite that leg around ankle height.

Round 2/3

"Calico Jack"

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

10-24-2022, 07:54 PM
The pup found his grip on her toes. As she goes to lift him, he decides to let go of her toe- a smart decision on his part. He uses his small size and speed to whisk himself around to attack to bite her back legs. His little fangs sink in and Sparrow chortles to herself, debating on what would be an acceptable counter for a pup. Obviously, she didn't want to do any real harm, but knocking him on his ass was always a good and valid option. Learning how to roll back after a failure was important, so Sparrow lifted her back leg and attempted to donkey kick her son across the beach.

Round 3/3

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (430)

Master Navigator (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

10-30-2022, 07:34 PM

Jack feels his teeth sink into his mom’s flesh and he nibbles on her ankle a moment before moving on. His mother chortles and the pup slows, curiosity pulling his gaze to the back of her head as he seeks to get on the joke. Time seems to stop as he realizes that her back leg is raising up, muscles coiling as she readies her attack. With explosive speed, her leg lashes out, racing toward him and time suddenly catches back up. Eyes widen as he attempts to counter, throwing all his weight into his hind end to try and avoid the kick. Teeth flash as he tries to grab hold of her, maybe, even if she kicks him, he can grab onto her and not go flying across the beach. Maybe.

Round 3/3

"Calico Jack"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-18-2022, 08:03 PM

And the winner is...

SPARROW

CALICO JACK must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

SPARROW

Attack Roll: 100 Critical attack!
Defense Roll: 46
Agility Roll: 70
Perception Roll: 76
Total: 292
Attack[100] + 30% Bonus[30.00]: 130.00
Defense[46] + 25% Bonus[11.50]: 57.50
Agility[70] + 25% Bonus[17.50]: 87.50
Perception[76] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 76.00
Total[351.00] + 25% Bonus[87.75]: 438.75