size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze Participant
09-12-2022, 05:31 AM

Was she nervous? Yes, of course, she was. Could she be blamed? Probably, but Celeste wasn't going to accept that yet. Her late-night conversations with Kuroki had implanted a bug inside of her. Now that she felt important within Ashen, she wanted more. Venom was a great leader, there was no fault there, but she also felt that she belonged elsewhere. While she loved the river and ocean nearby, other places were calling her name.

So she approached the shrine, fur as sleek as ever, with her chin held high as her insides quivered. Letting out a howl that wasn't demanding, but requesting Venom's presence, the Renja waited. Shifting her weight between her paws, she wondered how Venom would react. It would have been nice to have Oki's company to help settle her nerves, but knew having the Empress' son there wouldn't help her situation. This was something she had to do on her own and hope that the Empress was more than understanding.

ooc. this going to be backdated to before the Menagerie Summer Fest to make fluid time make sense!

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
09-12-2022, 06:47 AM
Venom wasn’t prepared to hear from Celeste that day, but the call was not in any urgency. At first it was easy to assume that she was just checking in about her scouting or a particular hunt. Having the master huntress in the position of Renja had relieved a load of stress off Venom’s shoulders. The Empress wouldn’t quite be expecting the requests to come.

Still her white gloved paws carried her swiftly to the white barked trees of the shrine, her sunset gaze finding Celeste’s small but strong form waiting for her there. Venom saw no sign of recent kill, or anything to do with the Renja rank so her head tilted curiously at her approach. Venom slowed as she approached, easily leaning her taller form back on her dark haunches to speak with the high ranked young woman.

"Celeste.” Venom greeted her easily, opening the floor for the young woman to speak.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

09-12-2022, 07:40 AM

The promptness of the Empress was appreciated. Venom could have made her wait days and Celeste would have waited. A sigh of relief left her as the breeze carried the familiar scent toward her and the sound of confident and sure steps made their way closer. Ensuring that she was standing properly as Venom entered the scene, Celeste looked up at her with aquamarine eyes. As Venom moved to sit back, Celeste would wait a few moments before doing the same herself. Wrapping her tail around her haunches neatly, Celeste cleared her throat gently before beginning.

"Venom, thank you for answering my call," she began. It would always do well to be polite. "I have matters I would like to discuss. This has nothing to do with you, Ashen, or anyone but myself and Kuroki," there was a pause then as she collected her thoughts. "We have been discussing the potential idea of breaking off into our own pack led by myself," another pause to give Venom a moment to digest what she had just spoken. "The only members I wish to take with me are Kuroki and potentially Cyanide if she agrees to come along. I do not wish to step on your or the Empire's toes so if my wish comes true, I will always be in favor of Ashen and your conquests," her breath releases as she finishes her short speech.

Leaving the floor open for Venom, Celeste would be patient and wait if the Empress needed time to think. Something such as this was sudden and Celeste knew it was possibly shocking. She would accept whatever Venom had to offer in response as her weight shifted nervously from side to side.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
09-13-2022, 05:58 PM
Sunset gaze lingered on Celeste’s determined features as she was given room to speak. A beginning with a greeting, remembering her manners before she began in cryptic fashion. Venom perked a brow before the girl continued, the two of them were speaking about breaking into another pack. The surprise broke through Venom’s mask, that was the last statement that the Empress had expected to come from Celeste’s mouth. The Klein Queen recovered quickly, but she had let her inner reactions slip. Celeste seemed sensitive at the least, and ended her words with a promise that she would always remember her ties here in Ashen. Another ally to stand against her foes.

"Interesting.” Venom began, a word to stall and give her a moment to think. She still felt the sting of Ikigai going to Elysium to seal their alliance to the more northern pack. Already turning around to say goodbye to her son struck her harder than she would allow the young woman to see. If Kuroki had as much faith in Celeste as Ikigai did in her chosen duties then Venom couldn’t deny this request brought to her. "If you believe yourself capable of such a task, then Celeste, my Renja, I give you my most sincere blessing. Take whoever has a desire to follow you.” Her blood would continue to make its way more strongly through the Empire and her allies. No matter how much the fact also hurt her heart.

"Venom"

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

09-14-2022, 07:08 AM

In truth, she knew she felt that she was betraying Venom. After the Empress had let her into Ashen and even promoted her to Renja, Celeste felt she owed Venom something. It was obvious on the other woman's face that she was caught off guard by the proposition. That much she had expected from this conversation but as she waited patiently for Venom to think and make her decision, the answer was more surprising to Celeste. She had half expected Venom to deny her request and tell her she needed to stay within Ashen. After all, she was also requesting to take the Empress' son with her as well.

A rush of relief washed over her. Her tail thumped a few times against the ground in a momentary break of professionalism as she hid the smile she wanted to show Venom. "You believed in me as your Renja and I hope you will have the same faith in me as an Alphess. I do appreciate your selflessness and if I ever need advice, I will come to you," Celeste spoke with sincerity as she looked up at Venom. There was no telling what the future really held but Celeste had hope that she would flourish and become as strong and powerful as Venom was. "And of course, I will make sure to bring Kuroki with me or use him as my messenger so you get to see him," finally, her lips broke into a smile as she knew that Venom cared for her children as much as she cared for Ashen, if not more.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

09-16-2022, 09:12 AM
She could see the way Celeste held herself stiffly as she spoke, uncertain about the reaction she would be given by the outwardly cold Empress. Venom had every right to restrict the young woman, to make her fight for her right to begin her own pack. However, Venom could very easily see the benefit to giving Celeste her freedom. The freedom to take greatness with her own paw, and expand the Empire’s reach further. Venom wouldn’t have given her the Renja rank if she didn’t trust her, and now Venom would offer blessing in this new endeavor. As she said it the girl obviously relaxed, enough that her tail beat happily against the ground.

Venom’s hear would hurt but as Celeste spoke and eventually erupted into a smile, Venom shared the expression. This was not a moment of sadness but of joy. Her son was growing into the man Venom knew he could be, and Celeste would be there to help guide him. (There was very little question who the responsible one was. Sorry, Oki.) "And you will have mine, and Ashen’s, full support in your endeavors, Celeste.” Venom nodded with a slight bow of her head, the visual proof of her respect for the young horned woman and what she would become.

"Venom"