size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Virgil

1KSamhain 2022
09-12-2022, 10:07 PM

Everyone else had cool weapons, and now the blond prince wanted his own. So, he was going to make something. What was it, exactly? No clue. Regardless, he had some rocks and sticks that he'd carefully selected from the scree slope just outside the den, and he was ready to make some magic happen. He parked his butt in the warm grass of the valley that was encircled by the Dreamer's Col, where he knew his parents could see him. The grass was soft, and he liked how it tickled his nose when he laid down on it. Why not laze around in the grass while he tried to make a good weapon?

First, the boy tried to bash the rocks together with awkward, uncertain paws in hopes of making a sharp edge on one of them. For the most part, he was only successful in making some very loud clacking noises that nearly deafened him each time. By the time he decided to give up, he was a bit winded.

Rather than continue to waste his time on the stupid rocks, he stared at the sticks he'd carried down the mountainside. Well.. maybe he could chew one of them into a point. Stabby stick. By the time he'd gotten into a rhythm of chewing the end of the first stick, the sensation had become so enthralling and mind numbing that he forgot there was any purpose to the act than the sheer delight of chewing... Yummy stick go crunch crunch..

"speech"

Vântoase

"In Light, Justice; In Shadow, Vengeance"

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

OverachieverSamhain 20221K
09-13-2022, 12:03 AM

Vanta had been alerted to the sound of... something. Two things, in fact. Two hard things being bashed together until they clicked and clacked angrily. It sounded reminiscent of Ruga and his forge, but situated out in the middle of the green valley and not around the dangerous and blinding forges the blacksmith maintained. Interest piqued, she wandered toward the sound. If someone was crafting weapons she'd need to be careful, and as the sound slowed and eventually stopped (replaced by a weird chewing noise) she slowed her walk further.

With awkward strides - forepaws shooting out far and wide before her else she might run into a weapon and stab herself - she approached. The scent of her brother reached her, confusing her further. Who taught one of her litter how to make weapons, and why hadn't she been invited? "What're you doing?" She asked, tilting her head and squinting one eye open a small crack to try and visualize the scene. "Can I help?"

"Speech"

Stratum

The Hallows
Hallowed

Beginner Healer (0)

Expert Fighter (125)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Virgil

1KSamhain 2022
09-20-2022, 07:50 PM

The delightful splintering of sodden wood between his teeth was more than enough to distract him from the approaching pawsteps. It was not quite enough to distract him from the question that suddenly piped up from his left. Grunting in surprise, he flopped onto his side and stared up to see his sister. He shrugged in response, and then remembered she wouldn't be able to see him doing it. "I 'unno," he admitted. "I was tryna make something.. sharp. Maybe a knife. I was bangin' the rocks together to make 'em sharp, but it wasn't going too well." he explained with a frown that Vanta probably couldn't see.

"Then I was gonna chew the end of this stick to make a spear.. but then it was too much fun to chew so I'm just chewin' it now." the boy's thin tail thumped happily against the soft grass. "We can try and make a spear out of the other stick though, if you want. Dad and everyone else gets cool stuff, but maybe we can share the stick spear for now." he decided, the stick that was previously crushed between his teeth long since cast aside and forgotten. He pulled the second stick closer to himself, and then reached out a paw to butt up against Vanta's closest forepaw. She could use that point to contact to situate herself wherever she would be comfy while they worked.

"speech"

Vântoase

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

09-20-2022, 11:51 PM

Stratum had explained his intentions, failing not just once at clacking together stones into a point but a second time in sharpening a stick tip. Vanta frowned, confused at how the consecutive failures weren't enough to make him give up. Was it just her who sometimes was insecure and felt lesser? Letting out a soft hum from between her lips, the pup approached and settled herself nearby, using the stick that had touched her paw to guide herself into the right position. This was at least something she could do without being able to see, it was tactile and tooth based. And if Stratum was to be believed, the chewing would be fun even if they didn't manage to make anything of it.

"I wanna try!" Vanta agreed to the plan excitedly, tugging on the stick he held until he relinquished it so she might be able to see for herself the fun of chewing. She slipped the wooden tip into the side of her lip, gnawing hesitantly upon the wood. After a few careful chews, she mumbled her deduction out toward him. "I dun' tink our teef are big 'nuff" A few more hard crunches of her jaw (this was fun) and she pulled the stick free, frowning down at it though she could not see. "How are we gonna get it sharp, Tat?" Vanta pushed the stick back toward his voice, waiting for him to reclaim the object and give further input.

"Speech"

Stratum

The Hallows
Hallowed

Beginner Healer (0)

Expert Fighter (125)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Virgil

1KSamhain 2022
09-21-2022, 02:04 AM

Without much further ado, Vanta had yoinked his only other stick, and immediately started chewing it into submission. It didn't take long for her to reach a conclusion, which hadn't occurred to him in the midst of enjoying his abuse of his own crunchy chew toy. Maybe she was right.. Or they just weren't using their teeth right. Maybe they just needed to go about it... differently. She thrust the now sodden stick towards him, and asked for his opinion. He hummed thoughtfully.

"What if we like.. uh... roll it between out teeth instead? It'll scrape the bark off, and then we can.. I dunno..." he paused, sliding his own makeshift weapon back into his grip to ponder his options. In a moment of inspiration, he reached over to jostle Vanta with an outstretched paw. "We can try using the rocks to make them sharp! Use the sharp edges on the rocks, and scrape the end of the stick until it's sharp!" he shouted with a great big grin, and then smacked the ground beside Vanta a few times with yet more exuberance.

"speech"

Vântoase

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

10-02-2022, 09:50 PM

She felt the absence of the tool as Stratum reclaimed it, head tilting this way and that as her ears worked to catch his thoughtful voice. He did not seem any more certain on how to go about this then she felt, and Vanta wondered if it might have been smarter for them to go harass Ruga to teach them how to make weaponry rather than attempt to figure it out themselves. She remained patient, nodding as he suggested they roll the bark from it rather then gnaw it, and imagining in her mind's eye what that might look like.

Her brother paused and the next time he spoke, his words were much more certain. Flicking her ears forward intently to hear his suggestion, Vanta decided it sounded perfect. "That way it wouldn't get soggy!" Vanta agreed. Swiftly the pup pushed to her paws - off balanced by the sudden push of his excited paws, but catching herself before she fell - and then turned to head off in search of a rock. She made it a few steps out from where they had been crafting before pausing, realization hitting her. "Okay, maybe you can find the rock." Relenting to his sight, but still feeling around not-so-subtly with her paw incase she could get lucky and find one first.

"Speech"