size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-19-2022, 01:38 AM
Kitsune’s second birthday had come and gone, and her responsibilities within the pack had grown. She felt as if suddenly she was thrust into adulthood, and wasn’t sure exactly what to do with it. Did everyone always feel so confused when they left childhood behind? Or was she just a little less prepared than most?

Not one to let people see her doubts, she pushed them aside as she rose for the morning. Preparing some tea for herself and Iho as she considered their responsibilities for the day. As Chunin she needed to gather information on the packs outside of Ashen. Perhaps Iho would be inclined to take some time travelling with her as she figured out at least the basics of the packs for now. As she poured the cups, she waited for him to rise and join her.

"Speech"

Kumiho

Loner

Advanced Fighter (60)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Pride - DemisexualThe Ooze ParticipantWordy
09-19-2022, 01:53 AM

No matter how often he had been made to rise early to help around the pack, Kumiho never really got used to the whole "early morning" thing. The young wolf enjoyed his sleep, especially when it was so nice and cozy in bed. Why would anyone ever want to leave? Well, Kitsune sure did, especially now that she'd been given more responsibilities and duties around Ashen with the turn of her second birthday. Iho was so very proud of his Kit. She'd set her mind to follow a certain path and she was seeing it through. It did make him feel a little guilty that he hadn't been making that big of an impact around the pack though. Maybe it was about time to change that.

Kumiho awoke not long after Kitsune did, finding it much more difficult to sleep on his own now that he'd gotten used to sleeping beside her. There was a noticeable absence whenever she left him, physically and metaphorically, and he simply couldn't ignore it. So, with a wide-mouthed yawn, the arctic wolf stretched and wandered out of their bedchambers, still groggy by the time he padded over to join Kit. She'd brewed them some tea, as had become her morning routine, and before he let his presence be known, he took a moment to admire the young woman Kitsune had grown into. The girl he'd known as a wild pup had matured into a veritable princess, beautiful and confident and ready to take on the world.

A lopsided smile touched Iho's lips as he joined her, sliding down to rest on his stomach beside the princess that still remained a good bit smaller than he was—much to her chagrin. "Good morning, Your Grace. Sleep well?" he teased her with a smirk, picking up his cup of tea and sipping at the soothing steaming liquid gratefully. "Ah, thank the gods for tea... and thank you for making it." The arctic wolf chuckled and gave a playful swat of his bushy tail against her thigh. "Got anything on the agenda for today, Your Ladyship?"

"Speech"

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

09-19-2022, 02:16 AM
Ah - there he was. She turned at the sound of his approach, smiling up at him as he slid down to his stomach beside her. She reached over and gave his paw a friendly pat in greeting as she sipped her own tea. “I slept rather well, thank you. Despite your snoring” She teased back, knowing full well he hadn’t snored.

At his next question she put down her tea and looked a little more serious. “Since challenging for the rank of Chunin I’ve not travelled much outside of the pack” Actually, despite her curious nature, she hadn’t done nearly as much travelling of the lands as she had expected to. It seemed like there was always something to do around the pack. Something to distract her - or perhaps she was making excuses. “It’s high time I changed that, and learned more about the packs. So, Iho. How about a little bit of adventuring?” She challenged him.

"Speech"

Kumiho

Loner

Advanced Fighter (60)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Pride - DemisexualThe Ooze ParticipantWordy
09-19-2022, 02:41 AM

Kumiho would have been disappointed if Kitsune hadn't retorted back to him with the same sharp wit he knew her for. Fortunately, she was on top of her game this morning, quipping back about sleeping well despite his snoring, earning her a dramatic eye roll from the snowy male. "I'm just singing you the song of my people! Such a philistine..." The grin on his lips betrayed his own sarcastic humor, sipping at his tea while he let the hot liquid warm him from the inside out and help rouse his sleep-addled brain back to consciousness. While he drank, Kit filled him in on her plans for the day—or next few days, as it sounded like the princess had plans to go exploring and traveling. A curious brow raised above icy blue eyes. So the Abraxas princess wanted to see more of the world, eh? Iho almost teased her some about it, but the serious expression on her face told him that this was no joking matter.

While Kitsune told him of her plans and motivation, Iho simply drank his tea and considered her words. So she was feeling like she wasn't doing enough of the duties of her new role and this was how she planned to fix that. Simple enough and it made sense. Kumiho nodded in understanding, gazing out their den entrance to the early morning world outside. It was still cool, the heat of summer not yet gripping the lands. Then she asked if he was up for a bit of adventuring. There was definitely a challenge in her voice. Iho turned his curious gaze back to the smaller lady at his side, downing his tea in one long swallow. "If I ever say no to that question, Kit, please put me down, because I've clearly gone senile," he remarked with a wink and a chuckle. "I guess my only questions are where are we going, and are we walking or sailing? Do you have your sea legs on this morning, Princess?"

"Speech"

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

09-19-2022, 04:06 AM
“I don’t think I’m getting so much the song of your people, but the wail of it” She shot back, tail swaying lightly behind her happily as the two wolves bantered together. Iho saw more of her cheeky side than anyone else, but she felt comfortable enough in his presence to let it out. Anywhere else, and she was a Princess of the Ashen Empire.

As they moved on to more serious matters, she could see Iho grow a little more serious as well. He had told her from the start how important adventure was to him, and she had watched him slowly get tied down here caught up in Ashen life with her. She always had a little bit of fear that his wanderlust would catch him one day, and she’d wake up to an empty den. She wasn’t sure she could bear that, not now that she had gotten so accustomed to finding him there beside her. They fit so well together, and still would - even after she finally caught up to those final inches she was waiting on.

At his easy agreement, she grinned, and leaned slightly against him. That feeling that everything was sliding into place setted inside of her. “I think we should save the sailing for when we know where packs are. First, we should use our legs to find them” her tail swished behind her as she grinned at him. Just like that, it was decided. They would go on an adventure.

"Speech"