gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
10-03-2022, 05:52 AM
Evening was turning to night as Venom drew herself up within the glow of the shrine. Her sunset gaze lingered over the glowing water as her mind shifted to the other wolf that had been in the peasant rank for far too long. Venom was late by a season in bringing her into her audience. It was high time she checked back in with the young woman. Summer was upon them now, the heat of the season heavy upon the land, but relief came with the night. The glow of the shrine mixed with the fireflies in the trees made the Empire come alive with the magic of the season.

The atmosphere was lovely, but this night was more important than enjoying the surroundings. Venom swiftly returned to business, she tilted back her head and called out for Pleione. It was time to check in.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Pleione

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Crys

Pride - LesbianPride - Demisexual
10-05-2022, 04:46 PM

Pleione had made no plans for the evening. It was one of those rare days that she took the time to rest, maintaining her duties and obligations but nothing more. She grew anxious in stillness, always worried that she wasn’t doing enough, that she wasn’t pulling her weight. It wasn’t enough just to do what was expected of her, just to do well. She needed to be the best, the first on anyone’s mind when they needed a champion, a legend in her own respect. The title of peasant clung to her like an unpleasant odor.

Her ears pricked instantly to the sky at the sound of her leader’s voice, head turning skyward to answer the call as she lifted herself from the ground and shook the dirt and grass from her pelt. It would be the first time since joining the Ashen that she would be in the presence of her empress one on one, and she couldn’t help but feel that itch of trepidation and excitement.

Pleione dipped her head respectfully as she stepped out of the underbrush and into Venom’s line of sight, head and tail held level with her spine.
“Empress,” she greeted with a nod, sitting before her, tail curling to wrap around her forepaws. “To what do I owe the pleasure?”

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
10-10-2022, 08:41 AM
Venom wasn’t left to wait for very long, as was expected of the young woman who had found and joined Ashen not so long ago. Whatever task was given to Pleione she was swift to complete, and not just finish. Venom had seen the way she went above and beyond her mundane tasks. The Empress sat with her ivory tipped tail wrapped around her cat like paws when the peasant ranked woman appeared before her. Ever respectful with a dip of her head she greeted her leader with appropriate reverence.

"Hello, Pleione. Thank you for coming.” She started simply enough as the young woman sought after the reason for being summoned. "You have made Ashen your home for a good amount of time now, and it is well past due that we revisit your credentials.” Venom spoke with an easy air. "I believe you desire a rank much loftier than simple peasant.” Despite her worthiness, Venom was uncertain which direction the girl wished to go. "Where do you see yourself going in Ashen? What rank calls to your talents?” She deserved to finally be welcomed into the pack properly.

"Venom"

Pleione

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Crys

11-09-2022, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 01:57 PM by Pleione. Edited 1 time in total.)

Pleione listened with an attentiveness bordering on reverence, keenly aware of every twitch in Venom’s whiskers, every wrinkle on her snout, the pronunciation of every word and what weight and meaning they held. She was jealous of the way Venom could maintain just a casual air about her without abandoning an ounce of her dignity, regal in a way that required no posturing or upkeep. Pleione thought she should be that way, but it took so much effort to seem effortless, and even she was aware of how transparent her insecurity looked sometimes. She hated the look in their eyes, the judgment, the pity.

The woman, ever paranoid, dissected her leader’s words in her head for any trace of judgment or blame, always wary of hidden accusation. She found none, even found fondness or praise in her leader’s tone. Pleione held her head a little higher, stood a little straighter, modesty failing her at even the slightest acknowledgement of accomplishment.

“I want to be useful to the Empire,” she said, voice ringing with determination. “I’m still young, I know I have a lot to learn, but I think- should you make me a Genin- I could prove myself a formidable Chunin.”

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

11-14-2022, 08:38 AM
Pleione gave her all of her attention as she addressed the young woman. While she wasn’t so skilled, the girl was certainly reliable. Venom still didn’t know the girl’s history or any inkling of her past, nor would the Empress push for such information. She wasn’t incredibly nosey and Venom never did suspect she might be some kind of enemy plant. Still, it didn’t lessen her curiosity about where it was she had come from. Perhaps it didn’t matter so much now, because they were both here to speak about the future.

Venom’s silver tipped ears perked as Pleione began to speak, first and foremost she wanted to be an asset to the Empire. The second was her biggest weakness, how inexperienced she was. There was potential, for certain, but her skill had yet to be tuned to true. So Venom had to decide on a solution. "As I am sure you know,” She began, "Words mean little here within Ashen. Actions speak much louder, so I would like to see you challenge one of our more experienced members for your rank.” Venom lifted her brow curiously, "Do you find these terms acceptable?”

"Venom"

Pleione

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Crys

12-07-2022, 06:32 PM

As much as a part of her wished for Venom to fold immediately and give her everything she wanted, Pleione had never expected that. A part of her would even be disappointed for it to be easy now, after so much work. She waited, listened, nose bobbing in tiny nods. A challenge. The hardest part would be finding an opponent- for as much time as she’d spent among the Ashen now, she could call them her compatriots, but none among them as a friend. Socially, most of them were strangers save their name and face, learned in passing.

For a moment, she despaired. Were there any among her experienced packmates who she could reasonably hold her own against? Must she defeat them entirely, or was it enough to prove she was determined to try? These weren’t questions she wanted to share with Venom, not at the risk of looking weak in front of her. It was possible her choice of opponent would be factored into her worthiness, after all.

When it all boiled down to it, though, she was ever-thirsty for a challenge. She would simply have to treat it like everything else in her life- like failure wasn’t an option.
“Of course,” she said. “If I can’t stand shoulder to shoulder with Ashen’s greatest, what right do I have to call myself one of them?”