size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Pride - DemisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
10-19-2022, 09:40 PM

He didn't like the loner life too much. His whole family had pretty much all disappeared, his parents went and offed themselves, and his siblings? Well, he had no damn clue. He was alone. His uncle cloud had been the only constant in his life, and with his own abandonment issues...it made sense to stick with his aging uncle. So the black and white male made his way to the pack his uncle had mentioned last, and hoped his uncle had decided to join them. Upon arriving to the territory, he did indeed find his uncle's scent there. A flare of hope stabbed at his chest, and Finan though a usually patient young male, found himself impatient at the moment. He tilted his head back and called for the newer alpha, and proceeded to wait for her arrival.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (205)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
10-24-2022, 05:01 PM
Corbie raised her head, ears pricking at the stranger's call coming from the border. She set aside what she was doing and spoke briefly with Tam before trotting towards the border, Ren moving to flank her without a word. There was something vaguely familiar about the male waiting there for her, though she couldn't quite put her paw on what. Appearance? Scent? She wasn't sure, though she was sure she'd never actually met him before. She nodded her head in brief greeting to him. "Hello," she said. "I am Corbie, alpha of Avalon. What can I do for you?"
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Finan

Avalon
Fighter

Advanced Fighter (95)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

01-16-2023, 07:28 PM

He forced himself to remain still as he waited impatiently patiently for whoever led this pack to arrive. As he waited, he wondered how his uncle had been doing in the brief time they had parted ways. Finan had tried to make his own way in the world, but rogue life was hard on his own, and he didn't quite fit in with the rogue bands that he had found. He wasn't exactly the fierce, fight-your-way-to-survive type. So here he was, hoping this pack had what he needed. He trusted his uncle's judgment completely, so he trusted that hopefully, this pack would be the place he'd call home.

As he looked up, he spotted a monochrome figure approaching, and she introduced herself as Corbie, alpha of Avalon. Oh good! This was exactly who he wanted to speak with! "Hello Corbie, my name is Finan. I'm uh...Cloud's nephew. He mentioned yer pack and told me he was joinin' and it appears he did! I uh, I was wonderin' if I migh' join as well. I've been with me uncle since I was a pup and only a short time ago I tried to find my own way bu' it didn't quite work out..." He trailed off, feeling embarrassed and like a failure. Had he said too much? Not enough? He wasn't sure. He lacked experience with these sorts of situations and social situations in general. It was always just him and his uncle, and sometimes the occasional loner or something that he had run into out in the wilds. He took a deep breath, "He told me a bit abou' your pack and to be honest, I'm simply not meant for the life of a rogue. I'm a big guy, sure, bu' I don' want to fight every single day of me life just tryna survive.." How pathetic did that sound? Was it normal for others to feel the same as him? Or was he the only one? He didn't know, but he knew he didn't want to keep living the way he was.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

01-23-2023, 06:20 PM
Corbie listened sympathetically to the stranger as he stumbled through his explanation. He was Cloudburst's nephew, and now that she knewthat she could certainly see the resemblance between the two males. "Not everyone is meant to live alone," she said with empathy. "It's a hard and lonely life, and when it comes down to it we wolves work best when we can work together." Even through those long seasons living on her own, she still had Tam for company and to help when she needed help. She hadn't truly been on her own. But even then when the idea of the pack had begun to form in her mind she had come to realize that while content she hadn't really been fulfilled by her solitude. She smiled at Finan welcomingly. "We would certainly be glad to have you in Avalon, and I am sure your uncle will be glad to have you with him again. Do you know what sort of things you would enjoy doing most here?" Avalon's structure was not particularly strict, and was somewhat fluid in that she didn't see a particular need to define anyone by their rank, but she did want to make sure that everyone found the niche that best suited them. The wouldn't always enjoy whatever individual tasks might be asked of them - even the most enjoyable careers had tedious, repetitive tasks - but she did want to make sure that everyone was happy, overall, with what the were doing to contribute.

Finan

Avalon
Fighter

Advanced Fighter (95)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

03-20-2023, 01:41 AM

He nodded in agreement with her words. Indeed, he wasn't very fond of the loner life. He missed being around others. He wanted to be more social, not alone. He missed his uncle's wisdom and presence, so it only made sense for him to join Avalon. Plus, the pack sounded pretty nice. Something that would suit him just perfectly. "I think I'd be best suited as a defender or somethin'. I'm an alrigh' fighter, though I do have plenty to work on, I do prefer a more defensive approach. My uncle has taugh' me some, at least. If you'll have me in Avalon, I give ye my word that you'll have my loyalty, and I'll help defend Avalon with tooth and claw." It was the least he could offer, and he hoped he'd have the opportuniy to learn and grow into the best warrior he could be.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

03-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Finan offered that he was something of a defender, and Corbie nodded. While the pack was rather more guardian-heavy than she'd expected, that was all to the better for defending the flocks and the rest of the pack from would-be predators. "We will be glad of your fangs and your knowledge," she told him gravely. "Welcome to Avalon, Finan." She cocked her head consideringly. "I imagine you'll want to find your uncle and tell him the good news? I can ask him to show you around, and help you find somewhere to dene. Or you can rest and refresh yourself first, and we can find him later, if you prefer." She flashed him a smile. "I imagine you have much to catch up on."