size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
10-24-2022, 03:58 PM
Corbie slowed from the ground-covering lope used for long journeys, coming to a stop at a break in the familiar wall surrounding Valhalla's pack lands. It felt strange to finally return here as an alpha after her last visit, when she had had no intention whatsoever to have any part in a pack, let alone thinking about leading one. She hadn't liked the idea of the way packs were set up, but it had been here that she'd really begun to consider the idea of making something of her own. She was oddly nervous about meeting her late guardian's grand-nephew on equal terms, alpha to alpha. Still, she hesitated only long enough to catch her breath before lifting her muzzle to call for Ardyn.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-14-2022, 01:13 AM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

He’d been finishing the last touches of a new hut when the familiar voice reached his ears. A smile touched his features as he made a final adjustment before rising and heading toward her call at a brisk trot, coat flowing and unclad with his armor.

It’d been a while since he’d last met with Corbie, and he wondered how his cousin – even if she might not think herself as family, his mother’s uncle had raised her, and so, Ardyn considered her a cousin, blood or no – had been since then.

He spotted her ahead and gruffed out a friendly greeting as he slowed to settle across from the smaller wolf, tail tapping the ground in welcome before settling in a pool of ember-sparked ink beside him.

“Good to see you, Corbie. How’ve you been?”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

11-14-2022, 06:04 PM
It didn't take long for the much larger Ardyn to appear with a woof of welcome and settle beside her. Corbie returned his tail wag with one of her own and a smile, but the simple question turned her smile to one of wry embarrassment. "Well," she started with a faint laugh, her ears hot. "I've made a pack. Fought for it, to keep Abaven's legacy out of Kotori Fatalis' paws. It wasn't my finest decision, and I never would have expected to have ever done it, but..." She shrugged. "I don't regret it. Now that it's done, I... I suppose its something that I've been missing all along."

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-28-2022, 03:29 AM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

His ears perked at Corbie’s response. He hadn’t been present for that event, certainly. He was heartened to hear that she’d won that battle, though, and nodded at her lack of regret.

“Welcome to leadership. What’s you pack like?”

His head tipped to one side as he considered her, pondering what her answer would be. By her nature, from his experience with her, he highly doubted war and raids would be something she’d dabble in.

She’d been brought up by his great uncle, after all, and Tornach had quite famously left his own family far behind the very day Surreal and risen Celestial’s standard and laid the path for Valhalla’s rebirth. Perhaps he had wholly misunderstood what she wanted for the pack and its future then.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

12-05-2022, 11:38 PM
Ardyn seemed only happy for her and her new pack, which was a relief in its way. For all that he had not approved of traditional packs, Tornach had cared deeply for his family and their goodwill was important to Corbie in that regard. Ardyn also prompted her about what Avalon was about, and she couldn't help but smile at how familiar and routine the words were becoming after so many repetitions. "Avalon is to be a politically neutral pack concentrating on providing a safe home for those in need, and producing wool products, alcohol, and other products to support those who live there. I want people to feel comfortable coming to us for trade and for learning, or for a home, and know that they will be welcomed, regardless of their past." To an extent, of course. She wasn't going to allow Avalon to be taken advantage of, or protect those who would continue to do great harm to others because o Avalon's welcome.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-12-2022, 10:16 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

Ardyn listened with interest to Corbie’s description of Avalon, nodding in approval as she finished. It was a worthy cause and sounded like something Tornach might have been proud of her for, even with his reservations about packs.

His head tilted, a light grin touching his features as he asked, “So, if a herd of stubborn goats decides to try making this place their home, does that mean I can give them to you? We have one or two herds that decided this pack is a great home, but they draw the eyes of bears and other packs, and I’d just as soon not have small, tasty livestock when there are pups around to serve as an appetizer for a hungry bear.”

A slight shudder rattled his shoulders, flame blooming in the ink-black coat. He didn’t want to imagine such a thing happening.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ----  "Hear" ---- Think

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

01-16-2023, 04:28 PM
Corbie chuckled at his question. "I'm not particularly experienced with goats, but if there is a herd that is being particularly troublesome that you need removed I'm sure we could take a does few in and help you harvest the rest. If nothing else, you'd at least be able to pack your larders full." Goats didn't bring as much to the table as Corbie's sheep did, since they weren't wool bearing animals, but with the help of the few primates that made their homes in Avalon maybe they could be coaxed to provide milk to supplement pups and lambs when needed, or to make into trade goods. "It is a concern I have with the sheep attracting unwanted attention, but since there is little way around that I've decided to make an asset out of that inevitable contact and hopefully gain trade partners once they realize that we aren't going to roll over for them." She shrugged. That would be something that would prove out - or not - in the future. "I still have a few packs yet that I have yet to introduce myself to, but I plan to do so before they try to test us out of curiosity."

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-12-2023, 08:23 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

Corbie’s response brought a laugh out of the king, and he nodded, “Any help is needed, they’re driving me nuts. I know Legacy’s mother is tolerant, but they keep investigating her herb patch and some of those are valuable herbs for healing salves.”

The conversation carried on to the concerns of other packs, and Ardyn nodded. “If you need any help training those who will defend Avalon, we’re available. Call it a mutually beneficial training. If you need, we could stage training raids to pinpoint where your pack will need the most protection and where others might hit in earnest. But I won’t pressure you.”

He said the last with a reassuring smile and nod, leaving the decision to her on whether she’d accept that help or not.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

02-14-2023, 12:47 AM
Ardyn's suggestion made her tilt her head to the side thoughtfully. She herself was not a very warlike person, but it did make sense to make certain that her guardians were up to the challenge of protecting the pack in that way. "Many of my pack's guardians are experts in their field," she began thoughtfully, "But I have no doubt that they'd welcome the practice in defending against a raid before it becomes serious. I've no intention of ever raiding another pack so that is not a skill that I have any use for, but if it would help you to shore up your own defenses as well I could ask my guardians if they'd be willing to play as marauders for a day." Her mouth quirked into a crooked smile. "It's not my area of expertise I'm afraid, but I would follow the lead of any of my guardians gladly. Perhaps we could put up stakes for the winner? and the defender can try to keep them from it. Some trade good."

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-26-2023, 12:11 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

Ardyn listened to Corbie’s musing, glad that she was willing to undergo what it would take to ensure that Avalon could be kept safe in its position of passive neutrality. While he did have plans to raid in earnest at some point, Valhalla was very much a pack that didn’t generally start shit but it would finish it if pushed.

A chuckle huffed from his throat at her admission of her lack of expertise, and he nodded in agreement at her suggestion of a stake. “Our last raid agreement was with Aerie, and the goal was to capture a flag. Perhaps wool or pelts would do this time for us? Is there anything your pack is in particular need of that you don’t have in your lands?”

His head tilted as he posed the question, mulling over what they had in their own stores.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

03-20-2023, 02:31 PM
"We are not in need of anything in particular," Corbie said after a moment of thought. "The Range and the Orchard supply us quite well, so far. Perhaps some crafted items? You always do seem to look nice with your garb just so," she teased with a flashing grin. "Or furs - we tend to mostly get smaller predators trying for lambs, and rarely seek out conflicts with larger predators so our furs take some accumulating before they are good for much. We do have a good amount of lambskins from the fall harvest that you may be interested in... if you win, I mean." she laughingly added. "Honey from the hives as well, actually."

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-27-2023, 02:05 AM
Ardyn Adravendi

Ardyn listened as Corbie listed out some possible options, nodding slowly. “We do have several hides from bears. I wouldn’t mind trying our paws at hunting elephants again; their hides are tough enough to make getting through armor made from it a challenge, I’d think.”

His head tilted slightly in thought before he added, “We have our own bees. Have you ever had flavored honey? Some of our healers have made herb-infused honey as a little energy boost with added medicinal value.”

He rose with a grin, tipping his head inward at the territory behind him. “You’re welcome to come in and have a look at some of our trade goods.”

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

04-10-2023, 04:16 PM
Ardyn mused about the possible things they could offer, and Corbie listened in interest, a smile quirking her muzzle when he mentioned hunting another elephant. "Well, I somehow got enough experience with giant game like that I could probably give you a hand if you need it," she laughed, remembering that odd couple months where it seemed she was constantly part of a hunting group for unusual giants. He also spoke about Valhalla's uses for honey, and she tilted her head in interest, shaking it when he asked if she'd ever had it. "I've never tried it, though it sounds interesting. I know it has uses in healing, Tornach used to use it, but I am no healer so I've never really used it as such."

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-10-2023, 10:43 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

Ardyn’s ears perked at her offer of a hand with elephant hunting, and he quickly added, “I could see it being an excellent chance for Avalon and Valhalla to help each other; the hunters from both packs could team up and have an easier time bringing them down, and I’m not against sharing the kill 50-50.”

He smiled at her mention of his granduncle. He’d not gotten to know Tornach to the level she had, but he never envied her for it. He was glad both he and Corbie had had each other through the woman’s youth and Tornach’s twilight year.

“It can also be used to season smoked or dried meats. Bison is quite nice sweetened with honey.”

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

04-18-2023, 12:34 AM
Corbie perked up with interest at his words. She hadn't taken up the relatively recent fad of cooking fancy meals, but it did offer new and interesting possibilities, especially for feast days. She'd have to look into it - either figure it out herself, as she had brewing, or finding someone to teach her, or bringing someone into the pack with the knowledge to do so. "I'm intrigued," she said laughingly. "I can see that making a great treat. We do have a honey festival - it would be interesting to provide dishes made using it, as a fun thing for people to enjoy. Maybe you and your wolves would join us at the end of autumn and bring something with you to share? It wouldn't be a big festival, just a small gathering to reflect back on the year."