An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
11-10-2022, 01:56 PM
Just because the Auster spring rains were keeping them inside it didn't meant there wasn't work to be done. She gathered up a few materials including some soft furs, some wool that had been sheered from the alpacas, and some rolls of various fabrics that had been salvaged from parts of the castle in their renovations. The influx of wolves visiting and staying in the castle had brought to light just how many more rooms they hadn't outfitted for guests and the like so they suddenly had a big need for more pillows and blankets for the beds in the various bedrooms that weren't usually used. That's what she had decided to busy herself with today while they waited out the rain.

She was settled on the furs in front of the fireplace in their bedroom and had started to cut out some matching squares from the fabric she had collected to make pillows. She wasn't alone though. One of the things she loved about having children of her own was that there was almost always a pup or two to help her or even just keep her company. She smiled to Bramble as she passed her some clumps of alpaca wool. "Would you help me get this all fluffed up to go in our pillows, sweetheart?" she asked. When it was sheered it had been cleaned, but the fibers were pretty flat and clumped together from that process so it would make for lumpy pillows if they put it in like that. She looked back to the fabric in her paws, carefully cutting straight lines out of the material.

"Briar Carpathius"

Bramble

The Hallows
Envoy

Master Fighter (400)

Master Intellectual (420)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

1KFestival OrganizerDouble MasterCritical Dodge!Ooh La LaStudent
Samhain 2022
11-21-2022, 07:05 AM

Everything her mom did was fascinating. From how elegantly she walked to her smooth voice and now as she expertly cut up pieces to make into pillows. Amazed by the way her mother made everything appear so effortless, the pup hoped one day she would grow up to be just like her! There was nothing Bramble wouldn't do for Briar. Her parents were her world and she looked up to them so much and wanted them to be super proud of her.

So when her mom asked her to help out to make pillows for the guest rooms, she jumped at the chance. Sitting beside her near the fireplace, Bramble looked up at Briar as she instructed her to fluff the fur to make it not so lumpy. "I'll try my best!" Bramble exclaimed with a wide smile as she took the material from Briar. "It's so soft," she said quietly as she worked the fluff between her paws. "Am I doing it right?" The pup asked as she continued to pull the fiber pieces apart until they didn't feel so lumpy anymore.

Bramble Carpathius

bramble's companions are to be assumed near her unless stated otherwise.

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
11-25-2022, 09:46 PM
As Briar finished up the cut she was making, she looked up to check on Bramble as she questioned whether or not she was doing it right. In truth there was probably little her girl could do to mess up the clumps of wool, but she appreciated that Bramble naturally showed a concern for her work and wanted to do a good job. It was something she tried to instill in all of her children so it was good to see that lesson was starting to stick. She smiled and nodded, replying, "Yes, that's perfect, sweetie." She reached over, extending her claws to show her daughter how the fibers of the Alpaca wool came apart a bit easier with them. "You can use your claws like this if you want. Just be careful not to get your claws hung up in a knot or tangle. It makes the fibers pull apart a bit more easily. It doesn't need to be perfect though—it's all just going to get shoved into pillows after all!"

She chuckled again and turned her eyes down to her own work again. With a couple of pieces of material cut into a shape she liked, she took the two pieces and laid them one on top of the other and then picked up the needle she had prepared with a thin thread attached to the dull end. She held the needle between her toes, feeding it through the fabric carefully before pulling the thread through and tucking it back around the edge to repeat the process. "Your aunt Gwyn taught me how to sew like this," she mentioned with a glance up at Bramble. "I'm sure she'd teach you as well if you wanted!" Her stitches were not nearly as well placed or neat as Gwynevere's were, but she was also just making pillows—not stitching wounds back together. Once she had stitched around three of the sides and left part of the fourth side open, she flipped the pillow casing inside out to hide most of the stitching and held the open hole up to Bramble with another smile. "Alright, start putting that stuffing in here!"

"Briar Carpathius"