ardent

Light of the Sun

Aithusa

gems
size
build
player
04-20-2014, 12:23 PM
The red and brown forest was quiet, only the falling of leaves and wind could be heard. It was early autumn morning. The sun just came out so it was cold. Dear was drinking from small pool of water made in the mud. Hearing the sound, the dear lifted her head up, searching for the source. Not far away a lonely wolf was walking, it's head lowered. The wolf showed no threat to the dear, but it ran away anyway. The wolf, Aithusa, didn't knew where she was going. It wasn't the smartest thing to do, to walk around not knowing who or what might attack. But she was here for a reason. She lived alone for long enough and she was searching for members of the pack called Tortuga. She heard many stories about it and she liked it's rules and it's way of living. Probably, the members who were guarding the borders would try to attack her. She was ready to fight even is she was weak and didn't fight for a long time. Her duty was to protect herself. She came to one of the oak trees, sitting down. Not sure what to do, she lifted her head up high and howled, hoping that someone would hear her.

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-20-2014, 01:05 PM

Qanik

in defense of the innocent

Qanik was ghosting through the forest on her way to her den when a howl reached her ears from near the borders. She hesitated for only a moment, eyeing the path to her den and sleep, before altering her course for the border. The voice was unfamiliar, and Roman had been so scarce since the earthquake - recovering, no doubt - that it wouldn't be right for Qanik to not investigate. So she quickened her pace to a lope, carrying her through the familiar trees in a very short time. She slowed again as she approached the source of the howl, and the scent of a stranger close - very close - to the border. She came to a complete stop, eyeing the dark stranger quietly for a moment before speaking.

"You are nearly over the border, stranger," she voiced without rancor. "You come very close to trespassing in Tortuga territory. It is a dangerous position to be in. Were you in need of something?"

speech.

cowardice is the only sin

Aithusa

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2014, 03:15 AM
After she made a long howl, Aithusa looked around herself, searching for new scents which might belong to Tortuga members. She hoped someone would come across her and offer her a home. Not many time passed when she heard and scented someone approaching. She got up, ready to run away or fight. She saw a white wolf stopping near her. The wolf was female by her scent and she didn't look dangerous. I'm sorry for that. She didn't dare to come any closer because she would probably step into her territory and that wouldn't be good. Aithusa just sat down again and tried to look relaxed. Well, I am here for one reason. I would like to join Tortuga, if that's possible. My name is Aithusa.

Speaking.

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-21-2014, 07:40 AM

Qanik

Qanik watched the female intently, mulling over her words. She wanted to join the pack? They could certainly use another wolf. Between Melody's disappearance, Blizzard's scarcity, and Misha's untrained state, they were sorely lacking consistent working adults. But Qanik was cautious; she had not yet exercised her ability to accept new members into the pack, and the last thing she would want would be for her first such decision to put the pack at risk.

So she settled herself, studying the female. "Good day, Aithusa. I am Qanik, the legionary in Tortuga. You say you wish to join us. What skills do you bring with you?" She wouldn't turn the wolf away without good reason, but she needed to know more before she could feel comfortable making this sort of decision.

speech.

Aithusa

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Aithusa listened as the wolf introduced herself. Nice to meet you Qanik. She wondered if Qanik meant to hurt her. She was cautious so she still didn't cross the border. When the other wolf asked her for her skills, she thought for a moment. My skills? She didn't really know what her skills were, but she knew she must be skilled in something. Through her growth she must of learned something useful in life. How else would she survive? Basically, she knew everything needed for survival in wild. I am fast, I know how to hunt and fight although I still need to practice both. She wondered if that's enough for them to accept her. If not, she would search for a home somewhere else. She was such a pessimistic wolf, always thinking about the worst things.

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-21-2014, 11:13 AM

Qanik

Qanik listened, her face not quite blank but certainly not giving away anything one way or the other as the young wolf seemed to search for what skills she might be able to offer. She asserted to be both hunter and fighter, though made no claim to have mastered them. Well, Qanik was anything but displeased with that; one eager student was worth five arrogant trained wolves too pleased with themselves to think they could still learn more. She still could not get a good read on Aithusa's personality, whether she would fit into the pack or cause trouble, but perhaps that was something she would just need to take a chance on. Wasn't that what she had spoken of to Ritsuka so long ago? Someone needing to take a chance on the loners?

"If you are willing to learn and work together with your packmates, Aithusa, I would be pleased to welcome you to Tortuga," she confirmed, standing to move aside so that Aithusa could cross the border if she wished. She would keep an eye on the girl, but unless she caused trouble in the future she saw no reason not to allow her in the pack. Qanik could only hope she was making a sound decision, in her first that would effect the pack as a whole.

speech.

Aithusa

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Aithusa watched Qanik as she talked and offered her to join Tortuga. When she heard that she almost jumped from happiness. I am always willing to learn new skills and improve those I already know. And thank you. Aithusa bowed as saying the words of gratitude. She looked at Qanik while the wolf moved aside. She looked like she had a good personality. Aithusa stepped into the territory of Tortuga, happy because she was now a pack member. She walked toward Qanik and looked her into the eyes. I will not disappoint you. She smiled and turned, speeding up as she was leaving the other wolf. Her intention was definitely not to disappoint any of Tortuga members.