size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
11-14-2022, 11:52 PM

Life had taken an abrupt turn for the young Klein boy when his father had suddenly fallen ill. The family had tried to heal him but, in the end, it was determined that the King needed more than just the herbs they had on hand. Chimera, along with many of the Fenmyrian pack, had set out to seek what he needed and, with his absence, the land soon fell from the family’s control. It had been a whirlwind and, in the end, after the dust had settled, Strix had been left pondering what to do with his life. The boy of clouded grays and black had stayed in the lands they had claimed, turning over his options while the scent of his father’s pack faded around him.

Athena, a loyal warrior for his father, had stayed with the boy, helping to remind him to take care of his body’s basic needs while he sunk into a deep depression. She cared for him like his mother would have, if she had stayed, and the Klein child is eternally grateful for her help. Finally, when spring had dawned over the Auster lands, Strix decided to leave the lands of his childhood and strike out to find a place to call home. The Hallows had been a loyal friend to his father’s pack but, judging from the scents near the borders, they seem to have had a puppy boom recently and he decides not to add to their numbers right now.

With the earthen hued warrior in tow, Strix had set off across the land bridge to find his place in the world. The pair had observed packs from a distance and word of a more recent one that valued warriors that intrigued the boy. So, as he approaches the border of this pack, with Athena, the pair decided give the invisible border a respectful berth and he tilts his head back to releases a call for the leader. He laces into the howl, his interest in the pack and the possibility of new members before he allows the summons to fade off into the autumn day. Together, the pair wait to see what the Alpha thinks of them.

"Strix Klein"

Athena

Obscura
Philosopher

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Bisexual
11-15-2022, 12:00 AM

Athena walks with Strix as they cross through strange and wonderful lands, the nomadic woman happy to be on the move again. The young boy had been distraught when his father fell ill and, when the pack decided to leave to help Chimera, the boy had decided to stay and try to make his father proud. The months following the King’s departure had been rough for the Klein child and the earthen warrior had stayed with him to help in every way she could.

It had taken time but Strix finally decided to leave the only lands he had known and strike off to find his place in the world. Of course, Athena had gone with him, determined to protect the boy that she had grown to love as if he was her own. The earthen woman is beside the boy as he calls for the Alpha, allowing him to issue the summons alone since this had been his idea. A smile is on her lips as they wait to see what the future holds.

"Athena Nocturna"

Athena has a Little Owl companion named Archimedes. He is always nearby.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-15-2022, 12:29 AM

Kotori’s den was all set up around the tree’s a short way off from the rapids.  Far enough back he didn’t feel a risk of a flood when rains came but close enough to enjoy the sights.  A tall tree stood below a raised mound of land.  Kotori had dug through the mound and then down as a starting point and left it like that for a time with all the other work that had to be done about the pack.

The basics were set up now, the land settled into and so Kotori had been refining his home.  He had set stakes in the ground near his den entrance and used well-oiled hides to stretch across them.  It made for a nice little covering if he wanted to peer out of his den without getting the bright sun in his eye or downpouring rain.  The wolf considered adding to his home when a howl reached his ears.  Potential new members? The wolf grinned as he left his den creating and ran to the border of the falls to meet these interested wolves.  

Kotori approached, regarding the two wolves, trying to ascertain what he could of them simply by appearance,  He could tell they were strong and seemed healthy but to know more they’d have to talk.  It was the first time to have wolves request to possibly become members instead of his going to seek out family.  Kotori’s face showed little of his thoughts, just curiosity, and interest in the two.  Inside the young alpha was delighted that they had shown up to potentially seek entry.  Finally, other wolves were coming to him.

“I’m Kotori, Sumatar of Valta,” a simple greeting.  “What has brought you to Valta?” Obviously, as the howl said it was possible they were joining but what had made them choose his pack?  It wasn’t as well known as some so what had drawn them to him?

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Strix

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (355)

Expert Healer (175)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
12-10-2022, 01:44 AM

The pair wait respectfully at the border and are rewarded with a tall wolf quickly moving to greet them. Mismatched eyes watch the male’s approach and, when he arrives, giving his name and rank, the small Klein boy offers the Alpha a deep, respectful bow. Straightening up, Strix says, “Hello Kotori. I am Strix Klein, son of the former Fenmyrian King, Chimera Klein. This is Athena Nocturna, a warrior of our former pack.”

With the introduces done, the boy casts a glace to his companion before continuing on, “My father fell ill and he, along with many members of the pack, left to help him heal. We stayed behind.” Strix knows the last part is pretty obvious but he still feels like it needs to be said. “We have been searching for a pack to join and Valta appears to be a good one. It seems you value warriors. I am strong fighter and, what Athena lacks for in experience, she makes up for with her plans.”

Mismatched eyes turn to the earthen woman, offering her a warm smile. Looking back to Kotori, the small Klein boy clears his throat and says, “We would like to join the ranks of Valta. If you will have us.” A warm grin is on lips as Strix finishes speaking, his calm demeanor hiding the butterflies that flutter inside his stomach.

"Strix Klein"

Athena

Obscura
Philosopher

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Bisexual
12-10-2022, 01:51 AM

The earthen toned woman waits with Strix and, when Kotori appears, she too offers a deep bow. Athena allows the young Klein boy to do the talking, content to nod along in approval as he speaks. Dipping her head at the boy’s words about her, she adds, “I am working to improve my fighting skills. I am eager, and willing, to learn if anyone in pack is ready to teach.” Another, smaller bow is given and Strix explains why are they are here. Looking to Kotori, she says, “If you are need of a tactician then I would like to go for that. While I am not a Klein, I will work just as hard as Strix to improve my skills.” A small smile is offered as she waits to hear the verdict.

"Athena Nocturna"

Athena has a Little Owl companion named Archimedes. He is always nearby.

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-11-2022, 09:50 PM

Kotori listened to the two quietly, gaze switching between them as he observed the pair.  Strix was of the Klein bloodline, the kid got a dip of his head in acknowledgment even as Kotori wondered if the child was the talented as he claimed.  The other wolf admitted to not being as talented but acknowledged they were training and ready to do so.  Kotori gave a few seconds of quiet once they both finished talking.

“Alright.  Strix, Athena, I will let you in Valta,” the simple answer first before adding, “you’ll be tested to ascertain your abilities and put into training, regardless of how little or much skill.”  Kotori firmly believed one could never master their skills, there was always a step further one could go to improve themselves.

“You are welcome to join Valta.  You will become Alkaa, a rank given to those who first join until you prove yourself for a more specified rank.” Kotori grinned, teeth showing as his lips stretched, “I guarantee there is always plenty of work to do so that you can show me your abilities.” Kotori shifted his head and his eyes just a bit as if to nod towards the land behind him before focusing again on the two wolves.  “From here till the end of the rapids is land that Valta claims.” It was a pretty impressive size of land, Kotori was still surprised Corbie hadn’t kept this space.  “Get a look around.  A bit later today, I’ll call on each of you individually to prove yourselves.”

"Kotori Fatalis"

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]