gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
12-07-2022, 11:15 AM
Plague was well aware Venom and Maverick were going to be gone for a short time, but the Empress wondered if Mav had been tight lipped with her brother. Or did he know the true purpose of Mav’s digging for information? She wasn’t sure, but that was why she was seeking Plague out now. The last year had been a whirlwind of crazy, falling for Maverick and wrapping him up tightly in her life. She was actually a little nervous about telling her brother, he was so protective of her there wasn’t any certainty that he would easily give his blessing.

She also needed to give her thanks while he stepped up through her distraction of Maverick. She didn’t shirk her duties, but she did ask Plague more than she should. Being the only Daimyo he had too much weight on his shoulders. Hopefully that problem would soon resolve itself as well. For now they could celebrate together. Ashen would grow and become more powerful in the interim.

"Plague?” She asked, knocking her knuckle against the cave wall that separated Plague’s set of rooms.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
1KHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
12-07-2022, 02:14 PM

Plague glanced up from his work as he heard a sound just outside the door, soon followed by his sister's voice. It had been a few days since he had seen her last, but the absence certainly hadn't been unexpected. He smiled a bit and began to roll up the map he was working on, calling back to her, "Come in!" While Maverick hadn't given him all of the details with the purpose behind the trip that he planed to take with Venom, he had some guesses and assumptions of his own so he was eager to see if he had guessed correctly. He turned for just a moment to slip the roll of canvas into a container of sorts he had made and then turned back toward the door to greet his sister, giving her a warm smile. "Welcome back," he told her fondly as he walked over to meet her half way across the space, pressing his nose to her cheek affectionately. He loved Venom dearly and he was always happy to put aside whatever he was working on to spend time with her.

He gestured for her to join him in a small sitting area that took up one corner of the room with furs and pillows. Now that his children were more grown he was able to spend some time fancying up their living area a bit without fear that a pup might come along and toss it about in a wrestling match with one of their siblings or something of that sort. Of course he would gladly give up a nice looking space for the sake of having his little pups again, but he might as well take advantage of them spreading their wings and spending more time outside of their home than within it if that development was going to happen regardless. He settled into the furs and waited for Venom to do the same before giving her a curious look and a slight, knowing smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Well? How was your trip?"

Plague Abraxas-Destruction

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
12-08-2022, 09:26 AM
She could have easily strolled into Plague’s study, but she preferred to seek permission first. Her brother was swift to answer her, greeting her at the door as he invited her in warmly. Was that a knowing smirk playing on his features? Maybe he did know what happened on the trip westward. He welcomed her and offered a sweet display of affection that she returned with a grin of her own. "Thank you.” She grinned while accepting his invitation to come and sit. She did adore her dear brother. Together from the very beginning, Plague was one that she had always been able to rely on.

Venom lowered herself to the comfortable seating, wrapping her white tipped tail around her hips. Plague did the same, wasting no time in asking about her trip. He had his assumptions, and it seemed like he was probably right about them. "The trip was fine, but I have a feeling it's what happened on the trip you really would like to know.” Venom giggled mischievously. She paused for only a moment, the excitement was already too much to bear. Venom revealed much of the girlish woman that hid beneath her cold exterior. "He proposed!”

"Venom"

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
12-08-2022, 01:04 PM

Plague grinned as Venom told him that the trip was good, but then added that he was likely more curious about what happened on the trip. "Guilty," he agreed with a chuckle and waited eagerly for the answer. He knew there was really only one reason Maverick would be asking all those questions and looking for something so specific to Venom so if he hadn't proposed then Plague would be shocked. It turned out his assumptions were right on the money though and finally Venom confirmed his suspicions, declaring that Maverick had indeed proposed, showing some of that girlish excitement that he didn't often see from his sister. His grin widened, his tail wagging against the fur they were sitting on as he replied, "Ha! I knew it!" He laughed joyfully, Venom's excitement over the turn of events certainly contagious as he celebrated with his sister.

Plague leaned in to wrap Venom in an embrace, giving her a firm squeeze. "I'm so happy for you, Venom," he told her genuinely and after a moment he leaned back again, his paws resting on her shoulders as he found her gaze with his. "Are you happy?" Once she confirmed that she was then he gave her another grin, adding, "Then that's all that matters. You know how protective I am of you, but I can tell he's been good for you. I don't know if I've ever seen you smile as much as you have since you started seeing Maverick. As long as he keeps making you smile then he's fine by me." He probably knew Venom better than anyone and maybe the changes were subtle to anyone else, but he could see the night and day difference between how she was now and how she had been when Hattori was in her life so even though he might have qualms with Maverick's more wild and crass side, he had been a positive influence on Venom's life so he was happy to welcome the man into their family.

He sat back again, his expression perking up a bit as he asked with a growing grin, "So, when do we get to start planning your wedding? Are you going to let me make you and Maverick some accessories for the occasion?" It had been great fun making the outfits he and Void had worn for their wedding and the accessories he had made for Briar and Artorias for theirs so perhaps his sister would humor him and allow him to do the same for her.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

12-09-2022, 04:00 PM
Venom called her brother out playfully, and cheekily enough, did not deny the fact. She went on, and her excitement was swiftly mirrored by his own. He might have been more surprised if she hadn’t said the next words, as he laughed with her. Plague exclaimed just that, he had indeed expected such an outcome. He was quick to embrace her, squeezing her lightly in congratulations. He sought the status of her happiness and Venom nodded with a grin as she held tightly to him in return. That was all that mattered, he would happily give his blessing with that fact alone. Venom tried not to think about what she had denied Ikigai.

Maverick had changed her life, certainly for the better. She didn’t know what she would do if Plague didn’t approve. That wasn’t needed though, Maverick was everything and more. "Good, because he means a lot to me.” She told him softly as she pulled away enough that she could look into his eyes. They both sat back as he asked about a ceremony, and being able to adorn the two lovebirds in his beautiful fabric creations. "Whatever you desire, but I’d rather not make a huge fuss. A little ceremony to mark the occasion.” She certainly didn’t want to damper his spirits though. "There’s a much more important wedding to be preparing for.” She teased him softly. "Remus asked for permission to ask Princess Kiyohime to marry him.”

"Venom"

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

12-09-2022, 05:15 PM

When Venom allowed his desire for creating something for her and her betrothed, but insisted on keeping her wedding low key, Plague gave her a playful pout and a some 'humph' in response, but the grin on his lips told her that he wasn't actually upset by this decision. He didn't blame her for wanting something small for her and Maverick, but of course he always wanted a chance to celebrate his sister and perhaps, in a small way, show off how she had moved on to far better. Still, he would honor her wishes and not go overboard for the celebration of her and Maverck's love. "If you insist," he replied with a soft chuckle. "Understated but fitting of an empress it is." He was always looked forward to any excuse he could find to create and craft so he was already thinking up ideas and what he thought might fit his regal sibling. He didn't know Maverick all that well so he would need to discuss with her partner what his preferences might be, but he felt fairly confident that he could dream up something for Venom.

Venom moved the attention away from herself for a moment though, mentioning that there was a far more important wedding to prepare for. His brows lifted with surprise and intrigue, his head tilting as he wondered what wedding could possibly be more exciting than Venom's. He quickly got his answer when she told him that it was none other than Ike's boyfriend that had asked her for the Princess' paw. He blinked with genuine surprise, chuckling a bit as he dealt with the shocking realization that his little Ike that he had trained when she was just a pup was now suddenly old enough to have a love interest serious enough to be looking toward marriage. "Did he now?" he said with a little grin. He knew Ikigai had already moved away to be with her betrothed, but that was a far different situation than this. Ikigai had volunteered herself for that task, while this was a far more traditional relationship and flow of things. "I'm guessing since you said we're planning for a wedding that you gave the boy your blessing?"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

12-10-2022, 11:18 AM
Part of her did not want to have a huge event because this would be the second marriage she had. There was no real reason for it, except for celebration. But when the two of them were already hard at work on the next step, something small and low key would be more than perfect. Venom may have been a powerful Empress, but she still held tightly to a humble spirit. Mostly though, she didn’t want to take away from the specialness of Shuriken’s big day. She knew Plague might be a little disappointed, but at least he had his niece’s special day to look forward to.

Plague was quite surprised about who exactly he was going to look forward to. He grinned, so at least he approved like she did. However, she felt similarly. When did her children become old enough to get married and start families of their own? "I did.” She offered him with a knowing smirk. "He’s a good boy, and not nearly as rough around the edges as my own fiance.” Venom followed up with a giggle. "I can’t believe they’re so mature already.” She told him as she shook her head. "You know… Hopefully. Sooner rather than later… I’ll be welcoming new life to be excited about.”

"Venom"

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

12-13-2022, 01:56 AM

Plague couldn't help but chuckle as Venom mentioned how Remus was far less rough around the edges than Maverick was—a fact he certainly couldn't disagree with. He didn't see a problem with that though. After how utterly dull his sister's first relationship had been, he felt strongly that she deserved someone with a bit more fun and fire to bring to her life and Maverick most certainly did that. He didn't know his niece's boyfriend all that well just yet, but from what he had seen and heard about the horned young man it seemed like he was a good blend of responsibility and duty combined with a fun and easy going nature. He probably couldn't have picked a better balance of the two for someone to be with the Crown Princess. Hopefully that held true into the future as Ike took her place as Empress and Remus found himself working alongside her.

"I can't either," he mused with a chuckle when Venom mentioned how mature their children were getting. Several of hers were already branching off, starting their own lives, and his own were already a year old and starting to find their footing in the pack with responsibilities all their own. When Venom continued, mentioning the possibility of welcoming more life into their family sooner rather than later, his grin grew with excitement and his tail wagged gently behind him. "I do hope so as well. I'm very much ready to be Uncle Plague again," he told her with a bit of a laugh. Her first litter had been the thing that had made him fall in love with pups and inspired him to really consider having some of his own beyond the familial obligation to do so. He loved being an uncle and he certainly was looking forward to being an uncle again.

A thought crossed his mind with he talk of weddings and children, his emerald gaze giving her a curious glance. "I know you only recently got engaged, but... Have you and Maverick discussed how you'll handle family names?" he asked with interest. It had been something that he had discussed with Void prior to their wedding and that had brought them to land on Abraxas-Destruction as the new name they made together. He knew there hadn't been a shared name with Hattori, but he didn't know how Maverick felt about the matter or what Venom's plan this time around might be.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

12-16-2022, 09:10 AM
Their babies were all growing up, quickly growing from tiny bundles of fur to these incredible wolves that made up Ashen’s ranks. Venom was so proud of all of them, and excited to see just where life would take them. The time was coming for a new start though, new life and the potential to rise again. After so much struggle and strife, it was time for her family to find a new direction, to find themselves, and stop hanging on to dead antiquities.

As Venom mentioned the potential Plague couldn’t help but to express his excitement about becoming uncle Plague again. This brought a happy grin to the Empress’ features, trying not to think about what came after that. With Ike and Iki soon to be married there would be grandpuppies much sooner than later too. Venom wasn’t so certain she was ready for that next step in life. "Good, they’ll certainly need their level-headed uncle to make up for their spirited father.” She joked affectionately, there was no doubt in her mind that Maverick would be a great father.

Plague went on, asking about the future of their married name. She had thought about this extensively, especially after the strange occurrences before. "We haven’t spoken about it, but I’ve been thinking.” She sighed softly and leaned into him, searching for comfort as she spoke of the difficult topic. "I don’t want to talk about how I’ve come to be here but…” She sighed heavily. "I think we should lay the Abraxas name to rest.”

"Venom"

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

12-25-2022, 01:36 PM

When Plague questioned his sister about the potential name she might take with her new marriage or at least the name that might be passed on to the pups she and Maverick were sure to have sooner rather than later, he had expected her to say that she was going to continue passing on the Abraxas name as she had before or perhaps that they were going to take Maverick's name or maybe a combination of the two. Instead, he was surprised by the amount of heavy thoughtfulness his question seemed to bring to her and he leaned back into her as she sighed and moved closer to him, his emerald gaze on her curiously. When she spoke of how she didn't want to talk about what had brought her to the decision she had made it of course made him even more curious about that exact topic, but of course he wouldn't push anything that Venom didn't want brought up. Whatever it was had clearly made an impact.

Instead, he focused on the suggestion she made of giving up the Abraxas name entirely. His eyes widened as his shock at the idea easily showed on his features. The Abraxas name and way of life had been so heavily woven into both of their childhoods that even the suggestion of putting that to rest was something that was hard to wrap his head around, but as he considered it for a few moments he surprised himself with how relieving the idea felt. The Abraxas religion and way of life had always been a point of contention for him and had caused him to struggle with himself and the vision for his life for many years. Venom had witnessed and supported him through those struggles. She knew how difficult sitting in those sermons had become for him. Still, he had kept the name and followed their family as closely as he could because he owed it to Venom to follow her path and be a part of this for her.

That initial shock faded into understanding and a bit of gratefulness. He knew this wouldn't have been an easy thing to come to or even suggest, not when they had built their families around this name for so long. He turned his head to press his nose to her cheek, giving her a small smile. "I will follow your lead," he told her simply as his gaze came back to hers. He had dedicated his life to being there for his sister, being her support just as she had been for him, and that wouldn't change now. "What name will we take instead? Klein?" He asked, feeling as if he already knew the answer. It wasn't a stretch for them to begin using their mother's name instead and it kept them tied to the branch of their family that had shown them the most support in recent years.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

01-26-2023, 09:41 AM
Plague was fully surprised by what she said about the name they carried for so long. His eyes widened, and for a moment she couldn’t judge how he really felt about what she was saying. Venom was certain of her decision though, the events leading up to this moment would take her nowhere else. The Abraxas name had no place here anymore. Suddenly though, her brother seemed to relax. His shoulders relaxed, his gaze softened, and as he leaned forward to press against her a smile lifted the corners of his lips.

He relinquished and idea of his own, vowing that he would follow whatever decision she would make. Or had already made. She wouldn’t force him to shed the title, but it didn’t sound like he had any desire to make his own way. Whatever she desired, he as her brother would remain at her side. She nodded as he assumed the next course of action. The royal family couldn’t be without their name, and the one that would naturally take its place was that of Klein.

”That was my logical conclusion, unless you had another idea.” She didn’t believe he would, not after his swift assumption of returning to their Klein ancestry.

"Venom"

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

01-27-2023, 12:30 AM

He had already been sure that his assumption would be correct before Venom answered, but once she nodded it felt like it had been made final. He had no issue with going to their mother's name and leaving the Abraxas lineage behind and when Venom left it open for him to suggest another idea he just shook his head. "No, Klein will do just fine for me," he replied with a soft smile. He knew that at the end of the day it was just a name, but something about finally letting go of this old name that had only tied them back to a way of life they no longer followed felt so freeing. They were moving on to a whole new phase of their lives with his sister expecting a new litter of pups with the new love of her life after such a disappointing and heartbreaking loss of her former mate. He was watching his children grow into adults in their own right and he was starting to look toward the future of the relationship he had with Void and Rava. It was time to stop clinging to these old ideals and start striving toward things that actually made them happy. "I'll tell Void and the kids. I won't force them to change their names if they don't want to, but I don't know if any of them would really have any strong desire to keep their old name. I certainly haven't been giving them any of the Abraxas lessons." It was something he had to have a conscious decision over as he was raising the pups with Void, but the lessons had never brought him any peace and he couldn't bring himself to share that part of him with his children. Now he didn't feel like he had to.

Plague Klein-Destruction

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

01-28-2023, 08:01 AM
She really wondered if Plague had another idea beyond reinvigorating the Klein name. Yes there was Abraxas blood within their veins, but the strength of it was nothing compared to the might of the Klein blood that flowed through almost all of Ashen itself. Abraxas had died,and with his demise came the watering down of his power. The warring families would finally be put to rest, and their heritage could fully blossom. Already the light of their path was obvious in the way old Kleins were flocking to her doorstep. Venom was certain this was the path forward for them and her family, it just felt good to hear Plague say the same.

"The same for my own children. My next littler will only be given the Klein name.” She returned with her own plans. She would speak to her offspring that were already out in the world. She didn’t know how Kuroki would react, but she had a feeling that Iki already planned to take her husband’s last name. "I’m so glad to have your support.” She whispered as their conversation came to its conclusion and she leaned against him, looking up into his brilliant gaze before pressing her nose into his cheek with the simple affection she had always had for him.

"Venom"