Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-08-2022, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 08:34 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)
It was dusk when the Warlords paws took him to the Grove. The elongation shadows gave the illusion of tall creatures, ones that rippled and swayed in the sharp breeze. His paws were silently as he moved among them, following a faint source of light that took him to the center of the thickest cluster of trees. From here he could barely see the stars. His light came, not from above, but all around him. As fireflies flicked to life and started to dance. Some to mate, others to eat. Or perhaps to enjoy the night air. The ruffling wind made their paths erratic as the wold sat among them, and tilted his head upwards.

He wasn't sure if his eyes sought the true stars, or the pysudo ones around him. After a moment he sighed, and closed his eyes. "I kept my promise" he said, his voice soft. "I didn't let anger take me, but what that leaves feels so hollow. I won't hurt our wee ones, my love. But I don't know how to cope with this emptiness inside of me." He drew the cheetah coat tighter over his shoulders. Her scent was already fading from it, over taken by his own. He blinked back a burning sensation at the base of his eyes. "You were in my life for longer then you were ever out of it. You've been at my side for so long…" he whispered, watching the fireflies as they buzzed around him. "I catch myself returning to my den with news to share with you, and the emptiness strikes me every time. I look for you, when a thunderstorm approaches." He closed his eyes, the burning feeling intensifying.

"Sirius"