size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

Rapid Poster - SilverUnderachieverSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1K
12-17-2022, 07:56 PM

Incubus was prescribed tea and bedrest to allow his sprained tail to heal. He was trying to be good and do what Seere told him to but it was hard. Incubus was not one to just lounge around and honestly he was growing bored of just patrolling. Obviously it was his duty and that was fine, but he missed adding a little bit of action into his life. That being said, today he was going to try something new. As a rogue he really had no use for weapons. He never stayed in one spot for too long and he'd likely put a target on his back for thieves if he was lugging around too many belongings. But, now that he was in Ashen Incubus was determined to start learning the art of crafting all sorts of battle equipment. Not just weapons but armor and other useful items. Perhaps that tea Seere taught him how to make was churning a somewhat untapped creativity in his mind.

After finding a good slim yet strong branch from one of the white trees Inc found himself laying down near the shrine. He figured if he was in a common area someone may want to join him or merely just say hello. Incubus' den was tucked away and he was often rather reclusive. This was his best attempt at being social. That being said, if no one approached he wouldn't be slighted in the least. Incubus was not easily offended.

Incubus took his makeshift rock knife between his teeth and began to drag the sharp end along the branch. Taking off the bark and any uneven bits. His goal right now was just to get the branch smooth and even.

[Image: CjtKtHg.png]
[Image: Incubus-Puffball-smoller.png]

Shuriken

Loner

Expert Fighter (230)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6
12-21-2022, 10:10 PM
The princess had been making and mending nets for as long as she could remember. Living right by the ocean made for lots of fishing trips. She was learning that there were so many different ways to catch fish than just the basic ones she had always grown up with. She was experimenting with a line and pole. It was a simple enough concept, but you had to think about what sort of materials you’d use for both. What kind of accessories she could use to give herself an advantage.

She carried her goods towards the gathering place, where she somewhat frequently brought her work. The public area was nice to find company for when doing such mundane chores. The wolf she found there wasn’t exactly what she was looking for. One of her uncles. Ike was old enough now that calling him ‘Uncle Incubus’ felt far away from appropriate.

"You don’t mind if I join you?” She asked somewhat shyly. However much she was coming into her own now that she was an adult, she was still far from the natural charisma of her mother.

"Kiyohime Shuriken Ōritsu Abraxas"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

12-23-2022, 03:08 AM

Stroke by stroke Incubus was beginning to make way with his soon to be spear. The rough outer layer of bark was nearly gone and it was just time to get it completely smooth and even. Though, the repetition was causing his neck to ache slightly so the brute took a small break. His pale gaze moved along the territory before him and to his surprise a Princess was headed his way. The tall yet slim gal moved his way and he couldn't help but to feel a smidge curious.

As the distance between them closed Inc offered a small nod of respect. But, before he could verbally greet his niece she let forth a question. And without hesitation Incubus responded, "Of course I wouldn't mind." A small grin swept across inky lips as he gestured to his spear in the making, "Just doing some woodwork. Today's project is a spear." Pale eyes flashed to her, "What are you up to today?" He eyed her equipment with curiosity.

Shuriken

Loner

Expert Fighter (230)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6
02-02-2023, 10:36 AM
She paused for only a moment as she awaited her uncle’s response, he didn’t make her wait of course, and invited her generously to join him there. The young princess gave Incubus a small smile before she lowered her supplies to the ground and curled herself across from him as he worked on his own gear. He was kind enough to her, asking after her own project as he explained his woodworking.

Ike’s mismatched paws carefully laid out her rod and line. Fishing line was difficult to make and find, this one was made from the fiber of a recently felled cedar tree’s bark. It wasn’t particularly invisible to the fish, but if she could get good enough bait it didn’t matter. "I’m making a fishing pole.” She answered as she lifted both rod and pole for him to see. "It’s not the easiest way to fish, I much prefer a net, but that can be complicated when you’re alone.” Ike explained further as she began to attack the line to the end.

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

02-07-2023, 06:19 AM

As she laid down they both got to work. Incubus took his knife and began to whittle away at the tip of the spear. Ultimately the most important part. He had to be careful to ensure the tip was sharp enough to puncture thick skin but also thick enough so the tip did not break up impact. If he did this wrong there is a high chance of going for a jab and the tip splintering off and he would be left looking like an arse.

After some good strokes Inc took a break. The Spear was coming along nicely and he wanted to take his time. Pale eyes moved back to the Princess as she answered his question, a fishing pole. His inky brow rose as he watched her work for a few moments. She continued on to explain that the pole was easier for solo fishing. "I cannot say I've ever seen one in use." A small chuckle, "Do call next time you go fishing, I'd love to how this works." He always just used his paw or even teeth if it came too it.

Incubus moved back to his project. Gripping the handle of the knife with his teeth and gently gliding it along the wood. Thin shavings of wood piled below. He was carefully guiding the wood with his paws. After some time and careful work the tip was to his liking. It was time to move onto the finishing touches for the weapon. Rawhide was to be wrapped at the point in which his teeth would grip the weapon. That way his teeth did not impact the integrity of the pole. He gathered the rawhide in front of him and dropped the knife down at his side. Glancing back to the Princess he spoke, "While I have your ear, Princess. I was curious if you would give me the run down of Ashen's politics. It's been a long time since I've been in these lands and I'm sure the thrones have shifted significantly." His tail flicked, hoping she was not bored by such a subject. This is information he'd like to have spoken to Venom about but the Empress was incredibly busy. "Who are our enemies?" If she did not feel comfortable relaying too much information he'd understand.

Shuriken

Loner

Expert Fighter (230)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6
02-09-2023, 03:04 PM
Her taloned tipped toes weren’t the easiest to work with as she manipulated the twine like line to her willowy stick. It was flexible and green enough that it wasn’t going to snap when she pulled up a heavy fish. Then it was strong and rigid enough to also aid in that same task. Choosing the pole was the hardest part, with attaching the line being the next. Later she would work on fashioning the hooks, which was even worse than tying the line like she was doing now. Her uncle admitted that he hadn’t ever seen one in use before. Which was an odd change to most of the rest of her family. Their lives surrounded fish because of their island existence.

"I’ll let you know,” she giggled in response, refraining from hiding the surprise from her features. That was one disparity in their heritage that was quite obvious as she thought about it all. She slowly finished her work, careful and precise. When she was younger grace and delicacy were not her strong suit, after a lifetime of practice and work she was able to produce a functioning fishing pole.

Her accomplishment finished Incubus went on, asking after what she knew about Ashen and its politics. Who were Ashen’s enemies? "Oh, uh..” As the princess she knew almost as much as her own mother about the goings on around them. "We’re pretty neutral with anyone we don’t consider an ally. The only potential threat is the pack that usurped Recluse and Habari.” While Venom wasn’t a fan of Hattori’s pack Ike couldn’t consider her sire an enemy. The pirates, though annoying, couldn’t really be described as thus either.