An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
12-28-2022, 08:44 PM
It was a cool autumn morning that Mortis woke to. The winged wolf stretched with a quiet yawn, and peeked out into the rapids beyond. Considering the grey world beyond. It looked like there was a chance of rain, but he should have time to hunt before the skies opened.

He turned back around, looking at Hika who had woken with his gentle jostling and movement. “Morning” He said softly, offering a small smile to the other wolf. It was likely quite visible to Hika how restless Mortis had been of late. Homesick for the Armada, and the Plains of his birth. Struggling with identity, and finding his place. When it seemed who he would be was constantly shifting. Once a wolf training to be heir, left behind by his family.

"Mortis""Hika"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-30-2022, 08:30 AM
Hikaru had seen a lot of change in his short life. His family had essentially turned their backs on him, he had wandered for so long, and then when he hadn’t even expected it the most important wolf of his life had wandered into his presence. However much his life changed Mort was the constant now. It didn’t matter where they lived, what pack they were in, who was around them… as long as they were together Hikaru would be happy.

Mortis was different though. As the days waged onward he could feel the restlessness in the one that he loved. The discontent that was rising as they lingered in monotony. He hadn’t broached the subject yet, mostly he was waiting for Mort to be ready to talk about it. He stirred lightly in the plush furs of their bed as Mort began to wake that morning.

Hika shifted slightly so that he could wind his pale arms around Mort’s neck. A carefree smile playing over his features. "Good morning,” he returned warmly. "Did you sleep well? It felt like you were tossing and turning there for a while.” He didn’t press much more than that, but he opened the floor for Mort to express himself more fully.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-30-2022, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2022, 08:28 PM by Mortis. Edited 1 time in total.)

He leaned into Hikaru’s arm and sighed softly. Of course Hika had felt his restlessness, but he didn’t answer for a moment. “Halo visited” he said softly, thinking of the small Armada healer. “And it made me realise. Not one other wolf, family or friend, has come to see how we are settling in. Even coming here, that was dad’s decision, not my own. Have I ever really made a decision wholly for myself? Made so few connections that matter?” He pressed a paw against Hika. Silent recognition that present company excluded, of course.

But Mort had spent his whole life in the Armada. He had worked hard to create friendships around him. Somewhere along the way, everything had disintegrated. Was it when Hana had pushed him away? Could he place the change around that pivotal moment? It had broken something inside of him, he knew that much. “I just wonder where I went wrong.” He said softly.

"Mortis""Hika"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-09-2023, 07:21 PM
Hika shared in their quiet affections as Mortis was silent for a long moment. The pale koi had a strong sense of intuition, but Mortis wasn’t hiding his turmoil either. The ivory and rose man perked his ears as Mort began, murmuring about where his mind was. Starting out innocently, with the mention of Halo having visited. Then he went on, telling him of the heartbreaking thoughts that plagued his mind. Hike lifted his pale paw to Mort’s dark cheek.

"Before you’re too hard on them, or yourself, just remember how busy everyone has been. Moving into a brand new pack, shouldering responsibility, or maybe waiting for you to reach out to them when you were ready. A lot has happened… life is hard enough that you don’t need to be so hard on yourself.” He spoke softly, lifting his head to give Mortis a sweet kiss against his dark lips. "Why do you feel that you’ve been wrong? We’re together, we’re helping your brother, your family is thriving even after they’ve been through so much.” With another peck on the lips he looked up into his deep blue eyes. "Where would you rather be right now? What kind of life do you most desire?” Hikaru pledged his life to Mort’s he would do anything in his power to give him exactly the life he wanted.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-18-2023, 02:53 PM

There was only so long that Mortis could redirect the feelings inside of himself. He knew he didn’t want to face the truth, and what he had spoken of were emotions he was feeling. They weren’t however the primary reason his heart was breaking. “I want to be home” He said softly, and his voice broke a little. “To the plains.” He closed his eyes, and leaned into Hikaru’s embrace.

“A bird came.” He said softly after a moment. Why did it feel like speaking the words made them more true, more real? “It’s my mum…” He said, and pressed his head harder into Hikaru’s side.

"Mortis""Hika"