An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - BisexualSnake Eyes1KDouble Master
12-31-2022, 03:43 PM

Dagrún was still getting used to the difference in seasons between Auster and Boreas. Up north was seeing the arrival of winter and now that she was living on the southern content her new home was seeing the arrival of summer. She stretched out next to the creek, spreading her toes before dipping her paws in the water. Nearby a mother duck was swimming past with her ducklings following behind right in a row. It was peaceful, almost a bit too peaceful but the viking woman didn't know what she wanted to do to spice things up. Perhaps it was for the best. The stress of moving, of getting familiar with her new home had taken more out of her than she expected.

Something went whizzing past her head and a loud chattering noise caught her attention. Dag looked up to see an angry squirrel in the tree above her. Its tail whipped wildly and she glared at it. Then there was chattering across the creek. Wait a minute. Perhaps it wasn't her the squirrel was having an issue with but instead its neighbor. As if the arguing was a spectacle more squirrels started scrambling out of their burrows to watch the screeching pair.

Alexander

Loner

Expert Fighter (135)

Expert Hunter (171)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
01-06-2023, 07:40 PM

The boy was only a few seasons old but his hunger for knowledge of the world around him was growing. He particularly became interested in the land next to the Falls, the one that smelled like his mom had been around it a lot. She said it was called Cattail Creek, part of their lands, and since it was part of Ethne’s lands that meant he was allowed to explore it, right? Without waiting for his mother’s companions the boy had set off, not expecting one of the first things he would come across would be another badger.

She had been foraging, digging for roots and the like. She had been interacting with another badger that lived here, companion to the Leader of the pack that had settled here. They didn’t seem keen on hunting badgers and so Song didn’t mind their presence. Seeing the young one out and about however got her thinking, and she approached the boy, calling to him in a soft tone. “Hello there. I take it you are one of Bellamy’s pups?”

Alexander paused, his gaze shifting to her with a grin. “Mhm! I’m Alexander.” He was going to say more but the loud chattering of the local squirrels caught his attention. His ears flicked back and he groaned. “So noisy… What's going on?” The badger groaned. “Turf war of sorts it sounds like. Bet it's the same two at it again…”

Alexander kept his ears pinned but continued on down the creek as the squirrels noisily chattered at one another. He wasn’t expecting to find another wolf laying near the creek, but there was one, a dark-furred lady with bits of lighter fur like his mother. Alexander’s ears perked up and, curiosity getting the better of him, he wandered away from Song right up to the other wolf. “Are you a member of Ethne too?” He asked with a grin. ”Those squirrels sure are loud, aren’t they? Think they’ll stop soon?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Alexander has two companions - an American badger and a sharp-shinned hawk. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

Master Intellectual (260)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
01-08-2023, 06:34 PM

Dagrún's ears flattened on top of her head, couldn't those pesky creatures do their arguing elsewhere? They were disturbing the peace and quiet and she half wondered if it would be worth the effort to try and catch one of them. She'd probably have a time of it by herself but she knew Sperla, her kestrel, could make quick work of a squirrel. Dag was just about to call for her companion when a young voice caught her attention and she turned to see one of Ethne's young pups. She knew of Bellamy's litter but had yet to formally meet any of the young one's. "Hey there, twerp. Yea, my name is Dagrún, one of Ethne's warriors. What's your name?"

As for his question about the squirrels she glanced up in the tree and scowled. "I sure hope so, but if they don't cut it out soon I'm calling my kestrel to end one of them." Or at the very least scare them, but her kestrel needed to eat just as much as any other creature in the forest.

Alexander

Loner

Expert Fighter (135)

Expert Hunter (171)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
01-20-2023, 11:13 PM

The lady turned to look at him, calling him a nickname he’d never heard before. Alexander tilted his head to the side at the greeting, a bit of a thoughtful frown on his face. She had introduced herself as Dagrún, one of Ethne’s warriors though, and instantly the strange word was forgotten and Alex’s green eyes lit up. “A warrior, like my mama?” It was clear he was fascinated by the idea, a big grin appearing on his face. “My name is Alexanxder, but my parents and siblings call me Alex, cause Alexander is a bit long.” His gaze shifted back to the trees as Dagrún scowled up at them.

Keeping near the youth Song chuckled softly at his energy. He was young, and naive, but in time he would grow and learn. Seeing his confusion at the woman’s mention of her companion, the badger cut in. “Kestrels are birds of prey. A squirrel would make a pretty good meal for your companion. If it gets the right one then the creek might be quieter for a while. I swear, its almost every other day with those things.” Alexander glanced at the badger and then back toward the branches with a tilt of his head.

“Are the squirrels really that annoying usually?” He asked, turning his attention back on the monochrome woman. “Is your kestrel somewhere nearby? Can I see it?” His tail had started to wag back and forth and, not flinching at the idea of a squirrel becoming some birds lunch, he seemed more eager in seeing what would eat it.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Alexander has two companions - an American badger and a sharp-shinned hawk. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

Master Intellectual (260)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-04-2023, 06:21 PM

“A warrior, like my mama?”

Dagrún nodded and listened as the boy went on to introduce himself as Alexander, or Alex for short. The pup's companion spoke and prompted Dag to chuckle at the comment of how loud the squirrels were. "Well said, and yes Alex, I'm afraid they are often that noisy. At least in the spring and summer. I do think Sperla would appreciate a chance at these squirrels. Let me call her." While her companions often wandered it was rarely out of earshot and perhaps her own vocalization would shut the squirrels up for a bit. Dagrún tipped back her head and called for her kestrel. The noise caused a few forest creatures to scatter under the brush. Rabbits and grouse took off and even the squirrels fell silent for a moment.

Five minutes later they were back at it and Dag shook her head. It didn't last for long when Sperla dived out of nowhere, hitting one of the squirrels with tremendous force. She seized it in her claws and dug into its neck as the other's scattered. For a moment silence fell on the forest. Sperla peered down at Dag and the pup. "I hope you don't mind. I haven't had breakfast yet."

"Not at all, Sperla. I appreciate you breaking up the fuss. This is Alexander and… um?" She glanced at the boy's companion, realizing she'd missed the name.