Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-15-2014, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014, 02:05 PM by Dægmar.)
ARCANUM WARRIOR TRAINING - Proposal

EDIT: first thread is up! http://alacritis.east-of-paradise.com/inde...t=0&#entry51877

Anyone can attend it's not just for warriors! Though warriors will be required or they risk maim/demotion. Some of this has been discussed with Tea, but Tea please jump in with any thoughts, this post will be edited up and through the meeting as we get plans made and sparring partners assigned. <3

Also let me know if you're down for 1 spar or 2 during the course of the meeting. Each spar will only be 2 rounds each to save on time and judging, at least at first. This first meeting will be a test run.

FORMAT

I'd like to try something a bit different. Each Training Meeting will focus on a different aspect of fighting before all are combined at the 5th meeting. Let me explain?

Meeting 1: Defenses. This meeting will focus on defenses. D?gmar will run through them for younger members and non-warriors then wolves will be paired off and set to sparring. The goal is to get a high a score as possible in the Defense category when you're judged. D?gmar determination of your success will rest with the defense score. Should be pretty relaxed for the first one.

*Meeting 2: Attacks. This meeting will focus on players trying to get in as many combination attacks as they can. The attack score also pulls heavily from the clarity of the attacks so I'm not sure if I want this one to go solely by score. I'm debating yet, haha. I'd like to see players open up and push the envelope a bit and really work on combination attacks. We can reign it in later.

*Meeting 3: Clarity (D?gmar will probably call it Control IC) Again, players will focus their energy on the clarity of their posts and their success IC will be judged on the clarity score only. If you struggle with multiple attacks then scale them back a bit, etc. Go back, reread posts, check grammar.

*Meeting 4: Powerplaying - will most likely call this reflexes or reaction time IC. Lesson will center on responding to opponent and moving with them in the dances of war. Success will most likely be determined by the powerplaying score.

Meeting 5: Throw it all together! Take what you've learned and try and get your overall score as high as you can. This can also be a Finals type test or a graduation ceremony for younger wolves.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks guys!

*order of these may be switched, I can't decide if Clarity or Attacks should go after defenses. xD

Signy

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Tealah
04-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Maybe the PP lesson should be called something like "Flow" or "Reactions" or something... learning to go with the flow of the battle and being able to quickly respond to the other person instead of trying to force a battle into following your plan exactly. As it's said, "A battle plan is only as good as the first engagement." ;)
[Image: 4234f0f1-d765-42c4-9a96-28953ac45eea_zpsqqruefmh.png]

This pine marten has a very foul mouth and a confusing accent. He is also fierce and hates to be called adorable. You have been warned.

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
04-15-2014, 11:23 AM
I like!! Zaria will be there for sure, and Cat will attend to watch. Caeto may be there with Zaria if Wolf agrees,

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
04-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Kylar will participate :)

Narfi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-15-2014, 11:53 AM
I think that sounds like a good training method, Azzy approves!

Narfi will definitely show up.

Desireé

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Meinx will to!

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
04-15-2014, 06:40 PM
I want to make an Arcanium wolf just for the experience of this training O.O

Kyung

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Luck
04-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Novo will definitely be there. This sounds like a really good idea!

[Image: Soren%20siggy%20image_zpsfcetqwsp.png][Image: Hymn%20siggy%20image_zpswiinwvrf.png][Image: Luck%20siggy%20image_zpshdhryppk.png][Image: Estelle%20siggy%20image_zps7n4eqvlt.png][Image: Seli%20siggy%20image_zpscw0kd72m.png]

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Excellent idea Tea! And yay! Thanks guys!

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Training thread Up! You guys have til Saturday April 26th at noon to respond. Let me know if anyone will have trouble making the deadline. Thanks guys!

Here's the link: http://alacritis.east-of-paradise.com/inde...t=0&#entry51877

Magnus 1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
04-19-2014, 02:02 PM
N?tt will show her face at the training sessions :)

Kaneyna

gems
size
build
player
04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Didn't see this here :3

Kaneyna is in.

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Ok! Replied to the meeting thread.

Also wanted to let folks know that as the OOC rules for Arcanum encourage more than one spar per training session after the pair sparring is started(finished?) we'll have matches with multiple opponents, maybe 3 or 4 wolves in a melee fight to get battle practice.

Probably we'd have two teams to foster teamwork rather than just a free for all. You're welcome to add thoughts and concerns. Thanks guys!