size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
03-06-2023, 03:04 PM
Spring had sprung, and Halo couldn't help but enjoy every minute of it. Sure, it wasn't truly warm yet-- did it ever get warm in the north? Well, never warm-warm. But that wouldn't stop her from being in a wonderful, cheerful mood. Head high and spirits bright, it would be time to do her planting soon. She'd spent some time taking stock of the seeds stored from last summer, and was extremely pleased with the sheer abundance. What good was a wealth like this if she wasn't going to share it?

Her first thought is of Valta, especially as they were just getting their bearings as a pack. Halo couldn't imagine a world in which they wouldn't appreciate such a gift. If she was going anyway, she may as well also bring them some bees. She'd managed to keep not only her core hive healthy over the winter, but she had enough to cultivate a second queen and split some of them away. Yes, seeds and bees, that would do quite nicely!

On a warm, early spring day, Halo set off to the Falls. There was pep in her step and a warmth in her chest as she did. At the border she pauses, and calls out for Kotori. "Kotori it's Halo," he'd... he'd remember her, right? Was she being too casual? Too informal? Oh shoot maybe he was busy. Was she bothering him? Maybe it was a bad time. Well, this sorta wasn't the kind of gift she could just drop off and leave. Shoot. "I um, I have some gifts for you, er, probably for your healers. For Valta!" This was a lot to be yelling at the border, but also she didn't want him to think that there was some sort of emergency. No, this is a mostly social call. All she could do now was wait.

"Halo"
[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
03-06-2023, 11:25 PM

Kotori was taking a drink from the water farther in the valta territory when he heard Halo’s call.  The Sumatar lifted his head curiously, hearing her explanation of the visit, smirking in a bit of amusement.  She was a bit of an oddball in Kotori’s mind but his main memory of her was how much she liked bees.  She was knowledgeable in her field of study and friendly so Kotori imagined that should earn her some respect, oddball or not.

He made his way to the pack border though it did take a bit of time.  He howled to her, letting Halo know she had his permission to enter.  She was from the Armada after all and no one should be surprised they were good allies.  Family should always stay close.

Approaching Halo he offered her a polite nod, “Hello Halo, it's been a while.” She appeared to be doing well if he ws to judge just off of appearances. “A gift?  Is this from you or from the Armada?”  Was dad having her send something on behalf of the pack or had Halo really thought up gifting his pack a present on her own?  

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
03-06-2023, 11:42 PM
The howl was the reassurance that she needed. Halo's mind could be cluttered sometimes-- she's anxious by nature, and not just a little. No, she's typically pretty anxious on the whole, so to know that Kotori wasn't irritated by her showing up uninvited was a good start. Reassurance. She needs reassurance. Carefully, she stepped over the borders to meet the alpha half way. Her gaze was bright and friendly, tail high, wagging loosely behind her. A comfortable, cheerful gait as Halo arrives carrying her faintly-buzzing basket. The bees were carefully packaged up inside, along with all sorts of things they'd need to start their very own hive. That and the different packets of seeds, all neat and organized. Really, Halo was quite proud of herself.

"It really has," she remarked with a thoughtful nod. Kotori had moved away without much ceremony, something that she maybe felt a bit guilty about. She'd come to visit Mort, but hadn't gotten to see Kotori when she'd been by last. That was okay though, she was here now. "From me, I think. For your healers, and your pack, they're basics that will help get your herb garden set up." Halo thinks about it for a moment. They were pack resources, sure, but they were resources she'd carefully collected and stored. They were resources that she recognized and thought important to share. Also Sirius had been busy, and frankly he didn't know she was here. Not like that was a bad thing or she needed permission to come and go, but Halo just didn't really know the etiquette behind this kind of thing. Not that she needs to, actually. She's here and there's no reason for her not to be.

She offers a soft smile and a wag of her tail, a glimmer in her eye letting on that there was something even more exciting in store. "Best of all, I had so many bees survive the winter that it was best to split the colony, so I brought you some to help get started!" Some people don't appreciate a gift that has to be taken care of, like a plant or a pet. Halo has brought Kotori both, all at once... well, at least he could probably shuffle the responsibility off to someone else. Still, Halo is excited and proud of herself. "There's also a jar of honey and a jar of strong alcohol for making tinctures, and if your healers want I can show them how I set up my stills," she tends to talk a lot, over explain when she's excited or nervous. In this moment, Halo is both.

"Halo"
[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
03-27-2023, 11:04 PM

Kotori nodded at Halo’s words, hearing the faint sound of buzzing from within the basket. A small smirk grew on his face as the earth-toned wolf recalled his first run-in with Halo.  “Bees.” The single word was said with the undercurrent of amusement.  “Well, I believe in a wolf making use and perfecting their skills.  You certainly were quite knowledgeable even then. I imagine you’ve learned even more since we last met.”  

“Thank you Halo, it’s very considerate of you.  I’m sure Satira will appreciate your helpful gifts, as will the rest of the pack.”  Too bad she was a member of the Armada or Kotori might have offered to let her join Valta.  “Have you met Satira?  She was in the armada for a time while she was still a pup.”

Kotori imagined it had been about three seasons since he’d first claimed this land.  By those numbers Valta would soon have existed for a solid year, proving that, unlike some other packs that had popped up that Kotori’s pack would not so quickly vanish as those others.  “So, how are things going in the Armada?  How’s my father doing?” Last he had seen Sirius the old man had been dealing with the loss of his wife and Ko’s mom.  Was he getting better?  He’d let Mort take an absence from Valta to go visit and help train the armada.  How was that doing?  Kotori was never one for casual social banter but this was information he was curious about.

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. bees part 2, the electric boogaloo Sunset Falls 03:04 PM, 03-06-2023 05:39 AM, 11-14-2023