An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
04-09-2023, 04:00 AM
The pups had arrived, two healthy litters. Viðarr had stood constant watch, making sure no harm would come. Day in, day out-- no harm. There was no harm, no trouble to befall them. Soon, they'd be big enough to venture out into the world, too. The shadow couldn't help but be proud of Celeste, of what she'd built here. The little band that wasn't so little anymore.

That's how he knew. He knew it was time for him to go. They were safe. They were able to provide for themselves. Competent, strong, and flourishing. It was all the man could ever want for the yearling that he had adopted in his own way-- that yearling, all grown up. Viðarr knew it was time for him to continue on his own quest, sent by the gods. That, and they should probably get going before Rota started teaching the pups how to say rude words in three languages.

"Celeste, do you feel up to talk?" The words were still not quite what he wanted them to be. Still, they get the job done. Fitting together nearly, but not quite right. Viðarr waits at the mouth of the den for an answer, not wanting to intrude.

"Viðarr"
[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze Participant
04-11-2023, 08:18 PM

The short answer was no. The long answer was that she would always make time for Vidarr. While others saw him as this shadowy leader with fire and chaos, Celeste saw him as a father who was tender and kind. Vidarr would always be that wise old man willing to take her on hunts whenever she needed time away from the business of life. It comforted her to know that she could rely on the wolf when she needed it most. So when he approached with apprehension in his voice, she hesitated. She could feel the wetness coat the edge of her gaze as she looked at her paws. Holding back for a moment, Celeste didn't respond at first.

She knew exactly what he had come for. Inhaling a deep breath, her eyes close momentarily as she prepares herself mentally. A few beats linger between them in silence before she emerges with a shaky and fake smile. "I always feel up to talking to you," she responds softly as her tail wags. Leaving her Maine Coon companion to comfort the pups while they slept, she approaches Vidarr. "What is it that you wish to speak about?" Semantics was what they were. She knew damn well what he was here for.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
04-11-2023, 09:16 PM
It's a long, silent moment before Celeste replies. Maybe he'd caught her at a bad time, tucked in asleep with the pups. That would make sense. It was hard work, harder than he knew. What he had to say could wait, but Viðarr could take up watch outside her den all the same. When she appeared some moments later, the shadow already knew that she knew. He can see through the fake smile in a heartbeat-- Viðarr knows her better than that. "Come here, pyret. Come and sit with me." He offers a broad shoulder, sitting in the low afternoon light at the mouth of the den.

Usually a stoic creature, the emotion in Viðarr is unusually strong. "You know I love you as my own," he chased the tremble from his voice, hopefully before Celeste could catch it. "I am so proud of you. An incredible leader, a beautiful family, a thriving band, and you're a wonderful mother." Viðarr took a moment more to steady himself, not used to stringing quite this many words together. He will do what he can to look strong in this moment, but he feels. More than Viðarr typically lets on, he feels. "It is a blessing from the gods themselves that I can be a part of it."

The shadow would be asking himself why it was this hard, but he knows. He knows damn well why. "When I joined you in the desert, I was worried that they would not be able keep you safe. All so young, inexperienced. You have come so far, and they have too. All of them." Viðarr tipped his head, gesturing out at their little band grouped loosely in the Valley. "I would trust them with my life, and now I trust them with something more precious. I trust them with you." He is quiet for a long moment more, steadying his breathing in his chest. Viðarr realizes now that he should have anticipated this to be painful.

"The Trygg name is yours, if you would like it." The words were soft, and Viðarr does not make eye contact. Though he knows this conversation will make what comes next hurt more in the short term, in the long term the girl will always have a piece of him if she needs it. Even if they're far apart, there was the strength of a mighty northern army at her back. Strength to borrow, to lean on, just in the same way he offers his shoulder now. For now, Viðarr is quiet as he regroups for what comes next.

"Viðarr"

translation notes:
Pyret - literally "little creature" but often used as a term of endearment for one's children.
[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze Participant
04-14-2023, 09:41 AM

It would take little prompting from Vidarr to go sit beside him. This moment reminds her of the time when they first met. Stretched out across that rock watching the sunset as they spoke of each other's beginnings, she can feel the emotions well up in her. Leaning against him and relaxing into his bulk, Celeste lets out a sigh. As exhausted as she felt, she knew they had to have this conversation at some point. Leaving her eyes closed so that she could focus on his words, she couldn't help but smile as he began. An mhmm leaves her as she stifles a laugh. Of course, she saw him as a father figure just like he saw her as a daughter. If she ever needed help, she knew she could rely on him. For Vidarr to be in her life was a true blessing.

This time, as he continues, she does let out a small laugh. Ah yes, they were young and bold and kind of dumb. As all young wolves were. There was no getting around that truth. But she always knew that he was there to watch over her in case anything bad happened. She appreciated that he watched from afar but still was her friend too. Finally, he was quiet for a long time and so was she. Her breaths lengthened as she relaxed against him and enjoyed the moment. Tears welled in her eyes already as she let the future of their lives sink in. She would miss him more than she could ever admit, but she knew he knew that.

When the words left him, she felt a tear roll down her cheek. "I would be so honored," Celeste responded in a heartbeat. In truth, her own familial last name meant nothing to her anymore, and now that she had pups, she was more than willing to take on Kuroki's last name. But to be a part of the Trygg family? Oh, no one would mess with her then! "Celeste Trygg. It sounds nice. Do you think Oki would be upset? Maybe it should be Celeste Hattori-Trygg. That doesn't sound too bad, does it?" She smiles as she tilts her chin up to look at him through bleary eyes.