An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - BisexualSnake Eyes1KDouble Master
04-09-2023, 06:54 PM

Dagrún's shoulder was healing well and she was finally back on her feet and back on patrol. She'd just finished another round around the falls when it was time for a break. She'd stopped at her den for a swift bite then went down to the base of the falls to do some training. Her next patrol would begin in a few hours so she didn't bother to stray. She'd exercise here and keep her strength and speed up. Dag began with some stretching, limbering up her legs and stretching out her back. How should she train today? More rock climbing? Perhaps she could talk another wolf into a spar? She'd just have to see how the day played out.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
04-09-2023, 08:04 PM

Haydée is out near the falls, playing with some frogs that don’t seem to understand that she is their friends. They croak and hop away, seeking to escape in the water but the small pup cuts off their route with a play bow and a high wagging tail. One slips away and she chases after it yipping happily as she bounces along. Her tail is flagged and wagging fiercely as she goes when she spies a familiar form nearby.

Forgetting about her frog friend, the very small pup bounds over to where the wolf stretches, knowing her face from the meeting but not knowing who she is. With a joyfully bark of greeting, she fearlessly bounces up to the larger wolf, the enthusiasm of youth radiating off her frame. As she nears, Haydée says, “Hey! You were at the meeting, right? What’s your name? I’m Haydée!” She stops near the taller woman’s paws, bouncing from side to side as her tail wags behind her.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Dagrún

Polaris
Combatant

Master Fighter (295)

Master Intellectual (260)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
04-22-2023, 10:30 AM

Dag paused in her stretching as she heard the yipping of a pup. Her ears flicked up and she watched Haydée bounding along after a frog. As the pup neared she shifted her attention from the frog to Dagrún and recognized the woman from the meeting. Dag nodded. "Yes, my name is Dagrún. It's nice to meet you Haydée. Congratulations on being named Ethne's heir." She cracked her neck as she spoke before stretching out her legs to loosen up her shoulders. "Don't mind my morning working out. A fighter needs to stay in shape. What are you up to this morning?" A rustle in one of the trees above caught her attention but only for a moment. Sperla, her kestrel, had returned from her morning hunt and was in the process of devouring breakfast. Dag quickly refocused on the girl.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

06-09-2023, 06:09 PM
The young Heir wastes no time approaching the older wolf, her steps light and bouncy as she gets closer and questions her pack mate. They offer their name as Dagrún and Haydée offers a warm smile and polite bow in return. With a huge smile on her lips, the woman offers offers her congratulations, and the girl shuffles her paws slightly in a show of shyness. So far, the girl has done nothing to earn the title (in her own mind), except for the fact that she was born to the Alpha. The woman cracks her neck and stretches as she explains about her workout and the young Hay nods slowly.

Moving so that she is standing in front of Dagrún, the girl carefully begins to mirror the older wolf’s movements. After a moment of taking time to follow her, Haydée says, “Dagrún, you seem like a very capable fighter. Can I work out with you? I need to improve my skills if I am going to lead Ethne one day!” A smile is on her lips as she looks up at the taller wolf, continuing to copy her movements while her tail wags happily behind her. Suddenly, she asks, “Where are you from?” If she really is going to be a leader, she needs to get to know the members of her pack better.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Dagrún

Polaris
Combatant

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

06-17-2023, 11:41 AM

Dag hid her amusement as the girl started to mimic her stretching, explaining that she wanted to improve her skills as a fighter. "Certainly, I'd be happy for company. If you like I am open to a spar or giving a lesson on a topic of interest." She didn't know where the girls skills were exactly and she didn't want to bore her going over information the girl already knew.

Dagrún's ears perked up as Haydée asked her where she was from. It was a rather curious question and right out of the blue. Dag moved to face the girl, rolling her shoulders forward and back so the girl could mimic the exercise if she wished. "Well, I'm originally from The Range, where the pack Avalon is now. A pack called Fireside used to reside there but it disbanded a few years back. Why do you ask?"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

06-26-2023, 07:37 PM
The pretty woman doesn’t mind that the small Haydée joins her workout and even goes so far as to say she welcomes the company. Haydée’s eyes are bright with happiness as she mimics the seasoned warrior and, when Dagrún mentions a spar or lesson, the girl’s eyes round with excitement. She bounces up out of her stretch to excitedly chirp at the woman, “I’d love that! Oh, can we do a lesson about attacking and then spar?” Once she has posed the question the girl seems to remember what she was doing and quickly dips back down into the stretch that Dagrún is doing.

Picking back up on the exercise, Hay offers an explanation, “See, lots of wolves might think I am weak for being so short but they are wrong. If I know different ways to attack than I can keep them on their toes when we fight!” Suddenly, Haydée switches topics by inquiring about where Dagrún comes from and the woman swiftly moves to face her. The girl easily slips out of her warmup stretch and stands before Dag, looking up with curiosity painting her features as she watches the tall warrior. As the woman begins to roll her shoulders, Hay follows suit, mirroring the actions easily.

As Dagrún offers the information, Hay nods along, knowing that packs rise and fall all the time. Then, the woman asks her own question and the girl offers a small, bashful smile. Yes, it is true the question may seem like it came out of left field but the girl has her reasons for asking. Continuing to roll out her shoulders, Hay tells the woman exactly why she had asked, “Well, mom says I am going to lead the pack one day. I believe that it is important for a leader to get to know the wolves that make up the pack. Everyone has a story to tell and where we come from is just as important as why we are here.”

Haydée hopes that she has adequately conveyed her reasoning behind the question as she continues to mimic Dagrún’s movements.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Dagrún

Polaris
Combatant

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

07-28-2023, 07:18 PM

Dagrún finished up her stretching, listening as the girl chattered on, explaining she wanted to learn more about attacking, especially at her diminutive height. She nodded. "Indeed! There are weakness to being small, yes, but there are advantages to. You're at a good height to get at your opponents soft underbelly if they drop their guard." Large size was great for inflicting damage and controlling an opponent once a hold was gained but smaller wolves tended to be more nimble.

Haydée explained she was just looking to gain more knowledge of the wolves within her pack and Dag could understand that line of reasoning. Though she was ready to switch topics. She had yet to fully process Fireside's disbanding and the sudden separation of her family.

"Ok, let's get started. First lets think through a couple targets you can aim for when attacking. Obviously it will change a bit as your opponents position changes but never forget you can use your opponents attacks against them. Let's say I'm going to try and grab your scruff with my teeth…" Dagrún moved closer and lowered her head. "Do you see where I've left myself open?"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

09-06-2023, 01:18 AM
Green eyes watch the older woman finish out her stretches as she prattles on, explaining how she wants to learn different ways to attack since she is… short. Haydée also tells her why she had asked about where Dagrún came from and the woman seems to accept her answer. Keen emerald eyes watch as the woman switches to teaching mode and steps toward, lowering her head to simulate reaching for her scruff.

She then asks if the girl can spot where she left herself open and Hay hums a moment as she examines the positioning and open attacking points. Finally, Haydée looks to Dagrún and slowly says, “Well… if I step forward a little, I could go for the underside of your throat. Or… uh…” Gaze lowers to the woman’s cheek and she lifts a small paw to gently tap it as she says, “I could go for your cheek.” Ideas bounce around the young girl’s mind as she considers what and where to attack on the taller wolf.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Dagrún

Polaris
Combatant

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

09-23-2023, 07:53 PM

Dagrún nodded. "Very good. Being shorter than your opponent can give you easier access to their throat and soft underbelly. Familiarize yourself with going for lower targets and be prepared to use your opponents attacks against them." Dag lifted her head back up and took a few steps back before lifting up her left hind leg and flexing it a little. "If you prefer to keep a bit more distance another good target is the knee." She placed her leg back down. "By damaging and crippling joints you can slow down a larger opponent and unsteady them. What are some other targets you can think of?" Dag was very much the sort of fighter who saw a good offense as the best defense. It led to her focus on targets and attacks, though some of that could've been from her berserker mother. Finnvi often charged fearlessly into battle, even if the odds were against them.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

10-10-2023, 05:56 PM
The woman nods at her idea of attacking Dagrún’s cheek and offers the smaller girl praise. Haydée beams brightly up at the woman as she explains about going for the throat and underbelly as well. Head bobs in agreement as the woman lifts her head away, eyes sliding down to the hind leg the woman lefts and flexes. She explains about going for knees and how crippling joints can slow larger opponents before asking if she can think of any other targets.

Pursing her lips in deep thought, Haydée allows her green gaze to roam over the taller woman’s form. Head tilts slightly as she lands on Dagrún’s paws and she muses out loud, “Well, your paws would be a good target. Even if I can’t bite them, you would have to lift the away from me which could mess up your balance. And your ankles could work in my favor, like the knees.”

The inspection of Dagrún continues as the girl ponders any other suitable targets for attacks. Finally, she says, “The only other thing I can think of is your tail. If I can use my speed and get around behind you, biting at your tail could be a useful distraction. Either, you would spin to try and catch me and I could continue to run around you or you allow me to bite it and risk losing a chunk of it.”

With the assessment done, Haydée’s bright eyes meet the similar green gaze of Dagrún’s as waits to hear how she did.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Dagrún

Polaris
Combatant

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

10-21-2023, 02:30 PM

"Excellent point! Disrupting an opponents balance makes them easier to topple, even if they are much bigger than you." She'd experienced such techniques when she was young and sparring her larger family members. Even now as an adult she found such tactics useful if she could time them right.

"Correct, if your opponent leaves their tail untucked it can be a good target to damage. A good, solid bite can crack the bones and cause severe pain. That pain is an excellent distraction and might even convince an opponent to surrender." Though there were definitely some that were stubborn enough to keep going.

"Would you also be interested in a spar or is that good for today?"

Fight Lesson 3/3

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

11-19-2023, 02:12 AM
Haydée beams up at Dagrún as the woman agrees with her idea about unbalancing an opponent and she nods enthusiastically at her words. Tail waves happily behind her as she continues around the woman and finally comes to a stop in front of the taller woman before lifting her gaze up to meet the older woman’s green eyes. A smile is on her lips as she nods in agreement about the tail and a thought suddenly crosses her mind which has her asking, “Has anyone ever bitten your tail Dagrún?” Head tilts in curiosity as she waits the answer. Then, Dagrún asks if she wants to spar and her eyes light up as Hay quickly agrees, “Yeah! How about I put my thoughts into actions and try to attack?”

Retreating back a few steps, she settles herself into a lower stance and readies to attack while Dagrún sets her defenses. Once the woman is ready, Hay kicks off, quickly closing the small gap between the pair. Haydée approaches head on charging the taller woman fearlessly. At the last possible moment, she shifts her weight, sending the girl to race up toward Dag’s right side. As she nears the woman, Hay strikes out seeking to try and grab ahold of Dag’s right front ankle so that she can pull it out from under the woman. The whole time, she keeps her legs churning, hoping to use her smaller form to her advantage and run circles around the older wolf.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Haydée vs Dagrún for Spar
Round 1/?
Size: Extra small
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Damascus Steel Bowie Knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Brace/Vest
Companion 1: Male Northern Cardinal, 20"
Companion 2: Fossa, Female
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Intellectual

Dagrún

Polaris
Combatant

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

11-25-2023, 11:17 AM

Dag chuckled and nodded as Hay asked if she'd ever had her tail bitten. "Yes, mostly by bratty brothers. Thankfully, its never been bitten to the point of breaking. I learned early to keep it tucked out of the way unless I really needed it." She felt a slight sting in her heart as she thought of her siblings, many of whom she hadn't seen in what felt like ages. She hoped they were doing alright.

She nodded. "Sounds good." Dagrún swiftly set her defenses. Her ears pinned to her head and she made special note to tuck her tail. She widened her stance slightly, fur on end and shoulders rolled forward. Her legs coiled in preparation to move and she nodded, signaling that she was ready.

Hay charged straight on and Dag's eyes narrowed. After their lesson she expected more would come from this attack. As she neared the girl slipped to the warrior's right and dove for her ankle. Dag quickly lifted up her right hind leg, shifting her weight to the remaining three to keep herself balanced. Hay's fangs grazed the top of her foot but she swiftly retaliated, seeking to slam her right hind paw down on top of Hay's head while simultaneously dropping her weight down into the attack.

Dagrún vs Haydée for Spar
Round 1/2?
Size: Large
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked shoulder harness
Defensive Battle Accessory: Spiked helmet
Companion 1: Cougar, Male - Battle - Boosted
Companion 2: American kestrel, Female - Flying
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Enhanced vision - Perception
Mutation 3: Water Deer Fangs - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Tactician

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

11-27-2023, 05:24 AM
At Haydée’s question about if Dagrún has ever had her tail bitten, the girl cannot help the giggles that bubble out at her response. Leaning in toward Dag, she pitches her voice down into a rather loud whisper as she says, “Brothers can be so stinky! But at least you learned early on to keep it tucked.” A happy laugh rolls out as she accepts the invitation to spar and quickly backs off get herself ready, excitement causing her tummy to flip-flop and her eyes to widen slightly.

Her attack is straight forward, shift to Dag’s right side and seek out her front ankle in the hopes of unbalancing the woman. However, Dag has much more experience with fighting than Haydée and it shows in the way she counterattacks. Teeth graze the top of Dagrún’s foot and she spies the right paw that comes flying toward her face. Eyes narrow as she suddenly tosses her hips sideways, legs never stopping their frantic pace as she turns in toward Dag.

Dagrún’s paw slams into her shoulder and, in the moment before the woman can slam all of her weight down, Hay unleashes her last, desperate attempt to gain control of the fight. Muscles coil and release in a spilt second, sending her smaller frame forward, toward the woman in an attempt to slam force full into Dag’s side. Maybe, if luck is with her, she can catch the woman while she is still slightly off balance and knock her off her paws.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Haydée vs Dagrún for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra small
Offensive Battle Accessory: Damascus Steel Bowie Knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather Brace/Vest
Companion 1: Male Northern Cardinal, 20"
Companion 2: Fossa, Female
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Intellectual

Dagrún

Polaris
Combatant

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

01-07-2024, 05:45 PM
ooc: so sorry for the wait! I will get this in judging!

Dagrún tried to keep her focus on the fight and not think too much about her brothers and sisters, and how much she missed them and the simpler days of pup hood. Part of her knew they'd all go their separate ways eventually, but she'd never thought it would be so far.

Dag's foot connects with Haydée's shoulder but it doesn't stay there as the smaller girl slips out before the older woman can pin her. Dag swiftly lets her foot slam into the ground to redistribute her weight. Now low to the ground Dag's options diminish as she spies Hay dive for her side. Knowing she can't avoid the attack entirely and willing to make a sacrifice she shuffles back just slightly, the girls fangs connecting with her side, just behind her foreleg. At the same time Dag's own jaws launch forward, seeking to snag the side of Haydée's neck.

Dagrún vs Haydée for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Large
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked shoulder harness
Defensive Battle Accessory: Spiked helmet
Companion 1: Cougar, Male - Battle - Boosted
Companion 2: American kestrel, Female - Flying
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Enhanced vision - Perception
Mutation 3: Water Deer Fangs - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Tactician

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-20-2024, 02:42 PM

And the winner is...

Dagrún

Haydée must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Haydée:
Attack Roll: 3
Defense Roll: 54
Agility Roll: 79
Perception Roll: 67
Total: 203
Attack[3] + 25% Bonus[0.75]: 3.75
Defense[54] + 10% Bonus[5.40]: 59.40
Agility[79] + 10% Bonus[7.90]: 86.90
Perception[67] + 35% Bonus[23.45]: 90.45
Total[240.50] + 20% Bonus[48.10]: 288.60

Dagrún
Attack Roll: 18
Defense Roll: 67
Agility Roll: 57
Perception Roll: 55
Total: 197
Attack[18] + 50% Bonus[9.00]: 27.00
Defense[67] + 15% Bonus[10.05]: 77.05
Agility[57] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 57.00
Perception[55] + 75% Bonus[41.25]: 96.25
Total[257.30] + 25% Bonus[64.33]: 321.62

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Keep On Keeping' On [Hay] Lazuli Falls 06:54 PM, 04-09-2023 02:57 PM, 03-24-2024