size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser

04-11-2023, 05:05 AM

let's stick together just a little bit longer

Working with bamboo fibers was getting really old, really fast. Trying to coax the stiff fibers into behaving, trying to get a pulp nice and smooth to make paper, the usually patient koi was finding herself frustrated. She wasn't used to it. It was twice the work for half the product, and an inferior one at that. The solution on her mind was hemp, something that she could easily propagate that would hopefully thrive. It grew quick, with minimal resources and no waste. A win-win... right? The issue would be finding plants, especially before winter settled in.

Moving out of the bamboo and into the neighboring land, Kiriko kept her eyes peeled. With just how ruddy the landscape spread before her was, any hemp plants should stand out rather readily... right? Hopefully. A borrowed knife tucked close to her side, the koi wolf made her way across the ground with careful, graceful strides. Delicate as she was, this is a girl that's no stranger to hard work. Eyes trained on the ground, the mid-morning sun as her companion, it was time to get things done.

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Intellectual (330)

Master Hunter (335)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble Master1KPride - Gay
05-31-2023, 02:16 PM

Though the mottled piebald preferred the material found within the bamboo and oaks, he wanted something that might be easier to handle. Pliable but durable. He needed an answer to those damn porpoise that continued to wreak havoc to his nets. At first, he hadn’t thought of going to the grove. It was a rather desolate place that didn’t stick out as somewhere he would find useful material. Not until his companion, that tiny little tamarin, suggested he go look did he make his way out there.

His strides were long as he chattered with the small monkey who was nestled among his fur. Distracted by his companion, he froze when the wind shifted and brought with it a familiar but unfamiliar scent. He had heard a new woman had come to the bamboo, but had yet to really meet her face to face. Curious, he turned his pale gaze to spot the obvious koi woman. From what he had noticed, his Kaicho had taken a liking to her and her skills. Without hesitation, Kuroo approached with a friendly smile upon his features.

”Kiriko, I wish you had come to the bay sooner but I suppose meeting here is fine too,” Kuroo’s tone is teasing as his tail gives a few swishes behind him. Like his brother, he prefers his area of the bay and doesn’t often venture elsewhere unless needed. Though he is more social and enjoys the interactions with others - just seemed that no one really cared about going to the bay lately. ”Anyway, I am Shima Kuroo. Would you care for some help?” He adds on with a respectful nod of his head as he waits for her response.

Kuroo Shima

[Image: Kuroo-Fishies1.png]
kuroo's tamarin, saru, should be assumed near/on him at all times.

Kiriko

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Advanced Intellectual (85)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser

06-20-2023, 04:03 AM

let's stick together just a little bit longer

She'd been wrapped up in her study of the plants, not hearing him approach. Kiriko used the dull knife to dig into the dirt at the base of a large, healthy, fibrous hemp plant. This would be just the thing, she's fairly certain. When the man spoke, Kiriko startled for a moment. body going rigid and tense. Grip on her tool tensed. Koi. Koi meant danger, but also... no, this was one of Tojo-kai's own. At this realization, the red girl relaxes a degree. She met his friendly gaze with a soft, careful smile.

His introduction is polite, and she offers a low bow of her head. "I'm sorry, I will make a point to stop by." Though she didn't detect any real animosity, she still can't be too careful. He was... teasing? Yes, that's what she found in his tone. Still, her smile was gentle, sheepish. Shima Kuroo, a nice name. It seemed that he already knew hers, word traveling fast among the koi. "It's nice to meet you, I am Kiriko." She remains polite, formal with him. The manners had been drilled into her in such a way, they wouldn't be easily dropped.

An offer of help-- was he sure? "Only if you're not busy," her tone was soft. Two was better than one, but she didn't want to impose on his free time. She took a step back from the large, hardy plant. "I am digging up these more fibrous hemp plants to bring back to the garden, it will be nice to grow two different groups. We have nice medicinal plants, so these are for crafting things like rope and paper." She explained her plan with her tone light, gaze flickering back to his face only when she was done.

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Intellectual (330)

Master Hunter (335)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble Master1KPride - Gay
07-31-2023, 11:59 AM

Kuroo sees the woman startle at the sound of his voice. Shame instantly strikes his chest as she turns to recognize that he is from Tojo-kai. His ears flicker backward as he wonders if he hurt her feelings. Was his tone not teasing enough? Could she tell that he was joking? Clearing his throat, he gives his head a gentle shake. "No, please, do not apologize," There is an edge to his voice as he clenches his teeth together. Had he really forgotten how tense Nihon was? The relaxed nature of Auster and Tojo left him unguarded and perhaps too friendly. Yet, Hattori had taken her in and Kuroo would only assume that she could be considered a friend now.

Hesitating, he visibly breathes a sigh of relief as he watches her expression while she introduces herself. His lips turn up into a smile as his ears perk and his tail swishes once more. Always happy, always joyful, the better half of the brothers if you asked him. Unlike Usagi's grouchy nature, everyone was sure to have a good time with Kuroo around. Or so he hoped. "A pleasure, Kiriko!" His voice picks up from sorrow to pleasant happiness as he glances at what she is doing.

"Of course I will help. I came out here to look for something different to use for netting anyway so maybe we can help each other," Kuroo's pale gaze wanders over the large bushes as he lets out a soft hum. "If helping means I can use some as well then show me what to do!" He is chipper as his tail wags more aggressively.

Kuroo Shima

[Image: Kuroo-Fishies1.png]
kuroo's tamarin, saru, should be assumed near/on him at all times.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. infused with light Dragon's Blood Grove 05:05 AM, 04-11-2023 07:20 PM, 10-13-2023